The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

was just going through wikipedia and found this

During the playoffs Spezza played with an unbearable amount of pain but was still able to score 14 points in 10 games. He underwent successful back surgery after the playoffs and should be better then ever for the 2006-2007 season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Players always play through pain in the playoffs. Look at Tucker in the playoffs a few years back playing with a broken collarbone after being hit from behind into the boards or Gary Roberts whenever he plays.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm surprised you don't know this, but the original Senators folded way back in the 30s (I think), and the modern ones were brought in as an expansion team in 1992

No that was what I thought, because I had an argument with a Leafs fan before about it and he would not shut up about how Ottawa had 4 cups, and I was saying they aren't the same franchise. Anyways, no, I don't know a ton about hockey before the 70's really.

The white one looks shit.

Also, OVECHKIN RULES THE WORLD! Thanking the bitch who cleans his house when he won his award. Class.

Havlat is only interested in a one year deal because he wants to test the free agent market next year. I don't know, any player who isn't willing to make some sort of commitment to the team might not be worth the millions to keep with the team.

Havlat is only interested in a one year deal because he wants to test the free agent market next year. I don't know, any player who isn't willing to make some sort of commitment to the team might not be worth the millions to keep with the team.

So who is excited for the draft tomorrow? Anyone? I am. Dunno if the Senators will have a first rounder though because of all the trade talks going on. Hopefully it is trade frenzy tomorrow like everyone is saying.

I would assume the Canucks only made that trade with the assurance that Luongo would sign with them.

Now, Toronto has to look for a goaltender. They could trade for Giguere or Nabokov, or sign a free agent like Gerber and Legace.

Excellent move for Vancouver. Bryan Allen going the other way hurts but Luongo will be fantastic for them.

As for the Sens I've heard a lot of talk about Havlat to the desert for Shane Doan. Personaly I love the move as I feel Ottawa needs more gritty, North American players to win the cup and that's what they would be getting. Also factor in the fact that Havlat has made it clear he is more interested in making money then he is winning the Stanley Cup and you have a situation where you won't miss him.

I was talking with my freinds today about the Chris Pronger situation and how if he doesn't resign with Ottawa then Wade Redden's next choice is Edmonton. Perhaps The Sens and Oilers could work a sign and trade since Edmonton doesn't have the money to afford both guys.

I'm also loving the talk of Mike Peca to the Sens. He played his junior hockey here for the 67's so having him back in the city would be very nice. He's another gritty Canadian that would move this team one step closer to the finals.

I wasn't excited for the draft at all but now, after hearing about all of this, I'm very interested in seeing what shakes down.

Luongo for Bertuzzi is a good trade, in and of itself, but then trading Alex Auld and Bryan Allen for Lukas Krajisuk is a TERRIBLE deal. Alex Auld is not Roberto Luongo, but he's an NHL tender, and looked quite good at the end of the season, only getting worn down because they had no confidence in Noronen. Which raises the question, who is the Canucks backup now?

Either way, the Canucks badly need defense, especially with Jovanovski leaving, so to get rid of Bryan Allen, one of their most consistently strong defensemen, for nothing, makes no sense whatsoever. If Carney and Weinrich leave, with Butchenson already overseas, that leaves the Canucks starting defensive core as Ohlund-Krajicek... and then what? A whole lot of nothing.

Questionable deal. I'll miss Bertuzzi but if we win the cup then it won't hurt as much.

Senators shopping Havlat

TheFourthPeriod.com

The Senators appear to be actively shopping winger Martin Havlat, according to the Ottawa Sun and reports in Vancouver.

Havlat, 24, is set to become a restricted free agent on July 1 and it does not seem likely that the Senators will be able to afford him, given that they hope to re-sign both Zdeno Chara and Wade Redden to long-term deals.

The Senators believe they can afford to keep both Chara and Redden and hope to have them both signed before July 1, TFP has learned.

Chara and Redden are eligible to become unrestricted free agents once the market opens.

"Hopefully we can get a lot of guys back," Senators center Mike Fisher told TFP. "We could lose some guys... We'll see."

According to the Sun, the Phoenix Coyotes, Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks are all interested in Havlat.

The Kings might be willing to offer Alexander Frolov, while the Sun claims another possibility is a deal with the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Erik Cole.

Edited by CKN