WCW: April 2001

KJE

Primal Urge was pretty good. There's only one thing I don't really like so far and that's Steve Corino in Team Canada, he just doesn't look like he'd be in that kind of stable. I'd like to see him turn on Storm and move on to feud in a while. Other than that, the Booker/Steiner stuff was good, and the matches are pretty nice. This seems like it's going the right direction, keep it up.

LANCE STORM MARRIES INTO MCMAHON FAMILY; SIGNS LUCRATIVE DEAL

We have recently heard that Lance Storm has engaged to Shane McMahon’s daughter, whom he had at a young age, after a “whirl-wind” romance.  This is good news for WCW, as although Kevin Elliott was high on him, he did not give Storm a contract the size Shane did:  unsackable with creative control.  It looks like Lance Storm will be in the uppercards of WCW for a long time to come

Primal Urge was pretty good.  There's only one thing I don't really like so far and that's Steve Corino in Team Canada, he just doesn't look like he'd be in that kind of stable.  I'd like to see him turn on Storm and move on to feud in a while.  Other than that, the Booker/Steiner stuff was good, and the matches are pretty nice.  This seems like it's going the right direction, keep it up.

Edited by Kevin Elliott

WCW Primal Urge

June 11, 2001

Orlando, Florida

Commentators: Mike Tenay & Scott Hudson

A Fabulous Attack

Before Mike Tenay and Scott Hudson even open the show up for the television viewing audience, we go right to the backstage where “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner is walking like a madman with a lead pipe in his hands.

Scott Steiner: Booker T – I know you’re back here somewhere.

As Steiner turns around a corner, Booker T is talking with road agent Johnny Ace. Steiner drills him from behind in the back with the pipe. Steiner drops the pipe and throws Booker T into the wall before laying him out with a thunderous right arm clothesline. Steiner picks Booker up and hangs him out to dry on a crate backstage. Booker tries getting up, and is on his knees, but Steiner kicks him in the ribs.

Johnny Ace is speechless through the whole time.

Scott Steiner: Just gim’me the title right now, boy.

Steiner almost whispers before he leaves.

Johnny Ace: We need some help … quick! HELP!

Overall=89%

Mike Tenay: I don’t believe it. Ladies and gentlemen we just witnessed the most heinous attacks in WCW history.

Scott Hudson: No doubt about, you gotta wonder if Booker T will be able to wrestle this Sunday in the Caged Heat match. As much as I hate to say it, I don’t think he will.

Mike Tenay: And Scott, Booker T may have made a huge mistake challenging Steiner to the Caged Heat match. I’m sorry you had to go through with that fans at home – we will update you on the condition of Booker T as we get the information, but for now lets go to the ring.

==========

Big Vito (with Johnny The Bull) versus Sean O’Haire with Chuck Palumbo

Tenay informs us that the Mamalukes – Big Vito and Johnny The Bull, will take on Palumbo & O’Haire at the Great American Bash this Sunday for the WCW Heavyweight Tag Team titles. O’Haire had the advantage until the five-minute mark of the match when the Bull got on the apron. O’Haire walked into the Implant DDT from Vito for the win.

Winner: Big Vito

After the match, Johnny The Bull hits the Fuhgettaboutit on O’Haire before Palumbo gets in the ring to chase them off.

Overall=68% Crowd=63% Match=73% *¾

==========

Many Things Could Happen This Sunday

A hype video appears for the Diamond Dallas Page, Jeff Jarrett and Sting triple threat match that will happen at the Great American Bash. It showed highlights from Spring Stampede’s tag team match and Slamboree’s six man tag team match. In the end it has Page, Jarrett and Sting splitting the screen three way with, “Who Will Win?”

Overall=83%

==========

A Challenge For the Great American Bash

Lance Storm comes out to the ring and has a microphone.

Lance Storm: If I could be serious for a minute … Hugh Morrus, you are right – this is No Laughing Matter. It seems you want in on this battle between Mike Awesome and myself. Well then why don’t you team up with Mike Awesome and Rob Van Dam this Sunday to take on Team Canada?

Hugh Morrus wastes no time coming out.

Hugh Morrus: Lance Storm, I can tell you that we definitely accept your offer. But I’m ready to kick your ass, right now!

Lance Storm: You’re on …

Hugh Morrus versus Lance Storm

Morrus gets into the ring and the brawl is on. After a good brawl, Morrus chucks Storm into the corner and hits three shoulder thrusts into the gut before putting Storm on the top rope. Morrus superplexes Storm, and Storm lands a bit weird. Morrus goes for the No Laughing Matter, but Storm moves out of the way. Storm locks on the Canadian Maple Leaf. Morrus battles it out and makes it to the ropes. Storm waits for Morrus to get on his knees to attack, but it was a costly mistake – Morrus picked Storm up when he got near and slammed him down for a spinebuster. Morrus hits the No Laughing Matter for the win.

Winner: Hugh Morrus

Overall=72% Crowd=71% Match=73% **

==========

Chavo Guerrero Jr. comes out to the ring.

Chavo Guerreero Jr.: Now that I know that I have a three way Cruiserweight championship shot with Crowbar and Shane Helms at the Great American Bash on Sunday, I need a warm-up match. I’m challenging any Cruiserweight backstage to a match.

Billy Kidman comes out with Torrie Wilson as he accepts the call.

WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team champion Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) versus Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Nothing was wrong with this match at all, it was a standard match with each guy getting his advantage in, but nothing stood out, and the crowd showed that, not into the match at all. In the end, Kidman hit Guerrero with a flipping DDT, and went to the top rope. He went for a Shooting Star Press, but Guerrero moved out of the way at the last second! Kidman got to his feet and was smacked with the Brainbuster, giving Guerrero the win.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Overall=69% Crowd=59% Match=79% **¼

==========

Goldberg versus Johnny The Bull

Goldberg didn’t know who his opponent was, but it didn’t phase him the least bit when Johnny The Bull, a rugged fighter as it is, came out. Johnny ran at Goldberg and hit a flying clothesline, knocking Goldberg to the mat. The Bull goes crazy with punches, but Goldberg phases them off and tosses Johnny onto the mat before hitting a gorilla press slam. Goldberg lines him up and crushes the Bull with a spear. Jackhammer, and Goldberg wins.

Winner: Goldberg

Overall=71% Crowd=75% Match=63% *

Overall=74%

Rating=1.78

Attendance=3,003

Ticket Sales=$90,090

• 1 year later...