Soccer/football games.

thatshortguy

FIFA 2004's good points

Good player likenesses.

Official kits.

Decent career mode.

Brilliant graphics.

Off the ball can be handy if executed properly.

Pro Evolution 3/Winning Eleven's good points

Good likenesses.

Game play is flawless.

Master League is rewarding

Lots of extras to fuck around with.

Personally, I'd go with Pro Evo. I've been playing it non stop ever since I got it earlier this year. One thing about it though, when you start on one star difficulty, you'll find it too easy, but when you first go up to two stars, it's impossible to score at first.

If you've got the money, get both. If you can only afford one, get Pro Evo.

Winning Eleven has the best gameplay out of all football games, so if you want to actually play the game, that's the best. I'd imagine the GM mode in Fifa is better, but it's lacking in gameplay.

If you want to try your hand at a purely management game, Championship Manager is a must. The matches are text based (eg you don't play the matches), but the game cannot be touched in it's genre.

Winning Eleven has the best gameplay out of all football games, so if you want to actually play the game, that's the best. I'd imagine the GM mode in Fifa is better, but it's lacking in gameplay.

If you want to try your hand at a purely management game, Championship Manager is a must. The matches are text based (eg you don't play the matches), but the game cannot be touched in it's genre.

Dont forget in CM4 you can watch the match via 2-D top down screen.

And as much as FIFA sucks compared to PES, it is half decent to pick up and play with a friend for 5 minutes. That is pretty much the best thing about it, idiots can play it. AND Orient are in it B)

If you don't know the players why would you need the license?

Winnign Eleven/Pro Ev all the way. Kick ass game. A lot better than Fifa, even for a casual fan. Also CM 03/04 would be a good pick up but i'd wait for Football Manager to come out and get that. As the 03/04 season is finished so the stats are out of date and Football Manager will probably be near release by the time next season comes around.

Can anybody remember the days of ISS (Old name for PES series) when it was ISS Deluxe. Think how amazing ISS Pro was when it was first released. lol. I was playing on it the other day, it's so hard, the through balls are shit lol (Also, that was the last game that didn't have near names, the joys of Mark Fenwick up front for England lol). Then ISS Pro 2 had Paul Ince and Ravanelli on the front :blink:

YI, I'm just saying that if you had the license, wouldnt you recognize the major superstars, like Beckham? I'm just saying that would help instead of numbers.....possibly bringing you into the real game more becasue you would know the players.

Can anybody remember the days of ISS (Old name for PES series) when it was ISS Deluxe. Think how amazing ISS Pro was when it was first released. lol. I was playing on it the other day, it's so hard, the through balls are shit lol (Also, that was the last game that didn't have near names, the joys of Mark Fenwick up front for England lol). Then ISS Pro 2 had Paul Ince and Ravanelli on the front :blink:

YES! I have ISS! I used to have ISS Deluxe, but it is lost. Gotta find that game again..

And all I remember of ISS Pro on PS was thru-ball, chip over keeper then celebrate. Repeat to fade.