Cameron Quits Million Dead

Emperor Fuckshit

after 3 years, 13 releases, 151 shows, 9 vans, 1 bus, 5 flights, 2 amps, 4 guitars, and countless broken strings, million dead have parted ways with their guitarist cameron dean. his show at the underworld tonight will be his last with us. cameron extends his thanks to all our friends and fans who have helped us along the way, and he goes on to marriage and new shores. we wish him all the best.

stepping into his shoes will be our old friend tom “reb beech” fowler. tom has played in hundreds of underground bands that you’re not cool enough to have heard, but now he’s finally selling out and joining million dead. together we’re already working on our second album, which we hope to release early next year, and which will rock your face off your head.

www.MillionDead.com

Shit. Cameron was a scotch-drinking drunk student moody guy who just plain rocked. How can this guy fill his shoes? And as for the new album rocking my face off my head...best arrogance ever.

In other MD news, they're going to be on the How Soon is Now? Smiths cover album. They'll be perfroming Girlfriend in a Coma. This is cool, love the song.

Also on the comp will be Hundred Reasons (boo), Yourcodenameis: Milo (yay), thisgirl, Read Yellow, Instruction and some others.

Cameron :(

OKay, I know no-one cares, but still...

Cameron :(

Guest Rubber Band Man

*crickets chriping*

you should really go back to your old name.....

Never heard of these guys before.

Edited by Rubber Band Man

*crickets chriping*

If you have nothing to say shut the hell up. If you're going to babble at least do what I do and try and make it humorous.

Anyway, Fuckshit, is there anywhere where I can hear their stuff? I'm kinda intriguied now, your description of Cameron is really cool.

*crickets chriping*

you should really go back to your old name.....

Never heard of these guys before.

You'll never be cool, you'll never be clever, you'll never be funny and you'll never score as much as one point on me.

GoGo, sadly the band took down their free mp3s at the start of the year. No idea why. If you still want to track down their stuff, however, I think the best description of them I've heard is 'emo meets hardcore and kicks its teeth in'. They're punky but intelligent too. And Kerrang gave them KKKK(K?), but then I don't think anyone trusts Kerrang :/

I don't think anyone trusts Kerrang

According to them, Nirvana were the best live band ever, and released the best album (Despite not winning their album of the year award the year it came out) and single ever. I don't think theres a single issue that goes past where they don't mention why they love Kurt Cobain so much, and how he in their view, probably invented music.

But they did give Million Dead 5Ks (I remember it well) for "A Song To Ruin". Although they do still call everyone "emo".

Utterly awesome band though. Not entirely bothered about Cameron leaving. Now if Julia left there would be some explaining to do....

I just hope they don't drift too far away from the first album with the second one. Don't wanna buy it and find out they thought "Hmm. Garage rock. That would be nice to do".

Lol. I was talking to my mate, and he said exactly the same thing about Cameron being the most annonymous member of the group. He is a bit of a moody arse, but still very cool.

Julia is a punk goddess. She has very nice boobies and I want to do things to her. As I said to another mate, they should make her learn guitar and get a monkey to play bass.

The next album should be just as good as STR, if 'I Gave My Eyes To Stevie Wonder' is any indication. What they really need to do, though, is a new version of 'I am Become the South'. THAT'S A CHOON, BRO.

BG, shut the fuck up. This is a time for sadness. Million Dead are the shit. And Kerrang is just shit, MTV2 is where it's at (Not the greatest thing ever, but better than Kerrang and that other one on Sky). I definately wouldn't call them emo, neither that hardcore, in general. Hopefully they can bounce back, it's normally weird having a new member to a band at first but I'm sure i'll get used to it soon. And to be honest, EF, i'm not actually that fond of I Gave My Eyes to Stevie Wonder, it's okay but it's not their best IMO.

I hope they find a new guitarist, because I want a second LP damnit.

Someone was NOT READING TEH ARTICAL FULLY! :P

On the subject of 'I Gave My Eyes...' it probably isn't their best work, but it's pretty decent. However, that, along with 'A Letter To Matthew Kelly' which they played live when they came to Birmingham does suggest a worrying trend of writing songs about celebrities. If the first track is 'Leslie Grantham, Put Your Dick Away' I will be a sad young man.

Someone was NOT READING TEH ARTICAL FULLY!  :P

On the subject of 'I Gave My Eyes...' it probably isn't their best work, but it's pretty decent. However, that, along with 'A Letter To Matthew Kelly' which they played live when they came to Birmingham does suggest a worrying trend of writing songs about celebrities. If the first track is 'Leslie Grantham, Put Your Dick Away' I will be a sad young man.

Oh, I didn't read the second paragraph.

Good good :)

I like 'I gave my eyes'. Tis probably my 3rd favourite Million Dead song, behind 'I am the Party' and 'Charlie and the...'

I have no idea which song is which, besides "I gave my eyes..." because I've only seen them live supporting Funeral For a Friend. They were excellent though, and Julia is fiiiine. Shame Cameron's leaving, but he didn't really do much by way of stage rpesence. And they covered Girlfriend in a Coma live, it was fooking excellent. Hope teh new guy's good.