I need some new speakers.

Marsh

My current ones are a bit crap and I want to replace them with something that's capable of pumping out some decent quality. At the moment I'm using headphones because I get better sound quality out of them.

Any suggestions? I know nothing about what's cool, what I should be looking for, good value for money or anything.

These speakers will be for my computer, and surround sound would be preferable because I want something decent but affordable. I'm not a freak for perfect quality music, but my current setup is absolute rubbish. I want to upgrade it.

Thanks, my lovelies.

If you're looking for a 2.1 setup...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16836119101

...but if you're looking for a 5.1 setup:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16836119106

I have the 2.1s, and I love them to pieces. I'd been toying with the idea of moving up to 5.1 for awhile, but regardless, Klipsch is hard to beat.

I don't know what products are available in that part of the world, but for music and movies...

wood speaker enclosures >>> plastic, and

biaxial/triaxial >>> single speaker satellites.

Of course, a subwoofer is mandatory for computer sound, since you likely won't be using old-school stereo speakers with 12-15 inch woofers, but a sub and small satellites.

Go for a brand that makes stereo equipment as well, to be sure that you are getting real speakers and not some crap ones by a computer company like Logitech or Creative. Yeah, they're good, but not as good as you'll find. And the other reason for going with a known home stereo manufacturer for your set up is the amplifier, which is usually integrated into a computer speaker package. That's where you'll really notice the cheese of non-home entertainment brands that are just for computers.

Go to the biggest computer store in your area. They may have a side by side comparison contraption, that lets you press buttons to switch between different speaker brands and hear the difference.