Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

stiffkick80

I think the Next Best Thing is a great idea for the secondary title.

I like the way you are writing the diary and that you can actually keep the feel of PWG which is a reason I've never tried a PWG diary. The Good Times Great Memories was well written but I'd prefer you just changed the name of it because it sounds too much like a ripoff from RoH.

Keep up the good work.

PWG presents "Howling at the Moon" on October 15th

by Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Moonridge, CA - All Hollows Eve is almost upon us once again, bringing with it the traditional tooth-rotting and prank-pulling associated with this holiday. We here at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) believe that all of the mayhem can be attributed to one culprit: The moon. Scientific studies have proven that the moon's cycles have an effect on human psychology. Or, in laymans terms, the moon screws with our thoughts! That is why on Saturday, October 15th, PWG will host "Howling at the Moon", where we plan to scare the moon into submission by howling loudly at it. Refreshments will be served. And by refreshments, we mean refreshing, non-e style wrestling! So join us!

Last month at "Delorians Rule!", PWG Champion Kevin Steen successfully defended his title against mystery challenger Frankie Kazarian through highly dubious means. Steen had a malicious look in his eyes after the match, and probably would have committed some rather dastardly deeds if Colt Cabana had not rushed to the aid of Kazarian. Because of this, Commissioner SoCal Val has ordered a tag team match at "Howling at the Moon"

with the team of Kazarian and Cabana (Which Cabana insisted be called Kazabana!) versus Steen and the partner of his choosing, Samoa Joe! Don't miss this exciting match up!

Also at "Howling at the Moon", a new #1 contender will be crowned in a triple threat match! The match will have So Cal Favorite Super Dragon versus "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson versus the debuting Low-Ki! This match has the potential to be the MotN! Who will come out on top? Find out at "Howling at the Moon"!

In another great high-flying matchup, one of the U.K's best high-flyers, the Jonny Storm will go up against Jack Evans! Evans won a great match up against Japan's CIMA last month, defending the honor of the United States of America! Now, it's up to Evans to defend us once again against that dastardly Brit, and kick some ass like it was 4th of July! U-S-A! U-S-A! What's that? What do you mean America and England are friends? Son of a Yankee Doodle! Well, I guess we'll just have a nice, friendly competition then. Yep, that'll have to do. Don't miss it!

Also at HatM, the PWG Tag Team Titles will be on the line as 2 Skinny Black Guys (El Generico and Human Tornado) defend against SBS (Excalibur and Disco Machine)! SBS has been trying to get the attention of 2SBG, and apparently they have succeeded. When reached for comment, Human Tornado was quoted as laughing and saying "SBS? I'm RICK JAMES, B*tch!" to which Generico added, "OLE!" Strong words, indeed. But can 2SBG overcome the challenge of the SBS? Find out October 15th!

Plus, Joey Ryan, Scott Lost, The Havana Pitbulls and more! Come howl at the moon with us. Sha-La-La! "Howling at the Moon" will take place on Saturday, October 15th, with a bell time of 7pm at the Hollywood Auditorium, located at 123 Fake St, Hollywood, CA.

(OOC: Thanks for the suggestions. I think I got what I was looking for as far as naming the shows, but the Title name is still kind of iffy. What do you guys think of the Next Big Thing Title, maybe calling it the NBT Title or NBT Champion for short?

Thanks for the feedback, Magell, I appreciate it. I think I'll rename the Cabana segment "Cabanarama!"

You're just figuring out that Evans is a criminal, Haj? He's a hoodlum... and you knooow this, yo. :D

Next: "Howling at the Moon"

I really like this diary as it has a great indy feel i really like how the TNA guys jobed in their last matches as put over your stars and i also like the international flavor of the diary anyways great diary and you got yourself a reader!

PWG "Howling at the Moon"

Ring announcer Jon Ian welcomes everyone to the show and runs down the matches to get the crowd hyped up. He is rudely interrupted when "God Save the Queen" starts up and the British Monster, Paul Burchall, along with his lovely manager, Alicia Webb, make their way to the ring. Ian does the smart thing and quickly exits the ring as Burchall lifts Alicia over the top rope and places her gently inside the ring, before entering the ring himself...

Putting Everyone on Notice

Alicia grabs the mic and tells everyone to shut up and listen. She states that she has come to PWG to become the dominant woman that she knows she was born to be. She hypes up her client, Paul Burchall, noting how even though Burchall is big and strong, he's also quick and agile, and that, combined with her managerial genius, will propel him to the top. In the background, Burchall is silent and looking mean. She says that everyone has been warned, as Burchall will tear thru anyone in his path on the way to the top. Good promo work here by Alicia.

Rating - 82

Burchall's opponent, Quicksilver, comes out to the ring to some good cheers. He poses and warms up in the corner as they are announced.

Paul Burchall (w/Alicia Webb) vs. Quicksilver

Quicksilver sticks and moves to start, avoiding Burchall's attempts to lock up and nailing him with kicks to the thigh that seem to anger Burchall more than hurt him. After the 3rd time, Quicksilver is feeling pretty good about himself. He fakes left, goes right, and gets caught! Burchall tosses poor Quick into the corner like a rag doll and just pummels him with punches and chops. Most of the match is Burchall dominating, this time with matwork, with Quicksilver fighting out of some harsh looking submissions and mainly hitting Enziguris and Tilt-a-Whirl Headscissors. Quick manages to turn a headscissors into a Cristo, but Burchall just turns it into a bodyslam for a 2 count. The finish comes when Burchall nails a Shooting Star Press from the top rope, an amazing move for a big man, for the 1, 2, 3. Good match, with Quicksilver playing the plucky underdog to a T.

Winner: Paul Burchall

O - 54

C - 30

M - 78

Next out, the Wonderkid, Jonny Storm comes out to a decent reaction. Normally not a heel, he tries to get heat with the crowd by thicking up his accent and telling people their moms are slags, whatever that means. A funny "You're a Wanker!" chant starts up. On commentary, Excalibur points out that it's like another War of 1812, with PWG being invaded by British wrestlers. Disco tells the viewers that he saw a documentary on the History Channel about Paul Burchall... Excalibur wonders if he means Churchill. The two agree that it must have been Burchalls grandfather, as Jack Evans makes his way to the ring.

Jack Evans vs. Jonny Storm

The match starts off evenly, with both men hitting some nice armdrags and fast moves for some good action. Storm manages to turn a headscissors into a DDT that plants Evans on the top of his head for a 2 count. This match is really back and forth, with a lot of high-flying, including a Corkscrew Suicide Dive by Evans that leaves both men out for a minute. Back in the ring, Storm grounds Evans with a few painful looking submissions, working the neck and back. Evans comes back and hits some standing somersault splashes. The finish comes when Evans goes for a Victory Roll on Storm, but Storm puts on the brakes and grabs the ropes to hold Evans down for the 1, 2, 3 and the victory!

Winner: Jonny Storm

O - 70

C - 47

M - 94

X-Foundation Reunion

The X-Men Theme plays over the speaker system as 2/3 of Arrogance, Joey Ryan and Scott Lost make their way to the ring. Both men are wearing their Old School X-Men style tights. Joey gets on the mic and mentions that before there was an Arrogance, there was the X-Foundation, and the X-Foundation were the Tag Team Champions, and were not defeated for the titles. Scott gets on the mic and states that since Chris Bosh was injured, the X-Foundation would be reunited, and they would win the tag team titles again. He says that when Bosh comes back they will insist on the "Freebird Rule" so that any 2 members of Arrogance can defend the titles. Scott then gets on his cell phone and actually calls Bosh on the phone. "Can you hear me now skit?" skit that gets over with the crowd. Bosh cuts a promo thru the cellphone were he calls the Havana Pitbulls "dirty, dirty Mexicans" and talks about being back next month. Decent promo by Arrogance, but I think it went a little long.

Rating: 49

RatM plays as Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero make their way to the ring to cheers. Rocky shows off his right bicep. On commentary, Excalibur and Disco speculate as to why he only shows off his RIGHT bicep. For those keeping track at home, the X-Foundation are announced as hailing from "The Xavier Institute for the Gifted". Nice. This one is under way...

The Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero) vs. The X-Foundation (Joey Ryan and Scott Lost)

Great match with the Pitbulls dominating the first 5 minutes with solid strikes and superior technical ability, until Joey Ryan rakes Ricky Reyes' eyes and takes over control for the X-Foundation. Joey and Lost make frequent tags to stay fresh and build up heat on Ricky. Ricky finally nails an Enziguri on Lost and crawls to the corner for the tag, but Joey cuts him off and drags him back to the heel corner to some nice boos. Rocky finally has enough and gets in, kicking Scott in the face and dragging Reyes to his corner and tagging in to a nice pop. Rocky is a house of fire, taking out both men with kick combos and bodyslams. Scott goes for a Superman Spear in the corner, stopping Romero's momentum, but Reyes is back up and fighting. The action is fast and furious. The finish comes when Reyes and Joey brawl out of the ring. Romero is signaling for a Tiger Suplex but Scott goes behind him and rolls him up with his feet on the ropes for the 1, 2, 3! The X-Foundation steals one!

Winners: The X-Foundation (Joey Ryan and Scott Lost)

O - 65

C - 45

M - 86

Next out are the challengers for the Tag Team Titles, SBS, to a chorus of boos. On commentary, they insist that the crowd is actually shouting "Boo-urns!" "Beat It" plays on the speaker system as 2 Skinny Black Guys make their way to the ring. The crowd is clapping along with the song as Tornado and Generico do the little shimmy dance until Excalibur and Disco jump them from behind to get this title match started!

2 Skinny Black Guys (El Generico and Human Tornado) vs. SBS (Disco Machine and Excalibur) for the PWG Tag Team Titles

Great back and forth match, with SBS showing they can wrestle as Disco hit a variety of backbreakers on El Generico, including a Lungblower, which he recently added to his arsenal. Generico comes back with a nice spinning armdrag and a Tornado DDT for a 2 count before tagging out to Tornado. Tornado with a leg lariat accidentally allows Disco to tag Excalibur. Ex and Tornado are about to go for the Greco-Roman Knuckle Lock, but Tornado wipes his hands in his 'fro before offering his hand, much to Excalibur's disgust. Ex thinks about it before going for the lock, but decides to do it. He overpowers Tornado and goes for an Irish Whip, but his hands are slippery with 'fro grease, and his hands slip, giving Tornado the opportunity to hit the Pimp Slap! Excalibur goes flying out of the ring in a dramatic fashion as the crowd starts a "Tornado! Tornado!" chant. Disco tries to jump him, but gets dropped with a drop toe hold and lands in the corner, where Tornado nails his 2-step kicks, followed by a splits that leaves Disco singing Soprano. Ouch.

Disco recovers and nails Tornado with some chops and hard clotheslines, taking down Tornado. The finish comes when Excalibur takes out Tornado and goes for the tag belt. He motions for Disco to distract the ref and goes to hit Generico, but Tornado has turned the ref around and he sees as Excalibur totally nail Generico with the belt and calls for the DQ! SBS are livid! The ref gets the hell out of dodge as the SBS proceed to beat down the Tornado and Generico. They grab the belts and place them on the fallen champions as the crowd boos them out of the building.

Winners (by DQ): 2 Skinny Black Guys

O - 77

C - 57

M - 98

Intermission is next, as the crowd buys water and stuff.

Back from Intermission, "Findum, Fuckum and Flee" plays as Super Dragon makes his way to the ring to some good cheers. Out next is Bryan Danielson, wearing his traditional cloak. Finally, they break out the smoke machine for the debut of Low Ki, who is wearing his NOAH tights, not his funky gangsta/pirate clothes. Ki gets a good split reaction, but uses his usual heat-getting mannerisms to turn the crowd against him. This should be an awesome match.

American Dragon vs. Super Dragon vs. Low Ki for the #1 contendership

Fantastic match with all 3 men looking great. Super Dragon and Low Ki mostly do chops and kicks, while AmDrag hits great-looking European Uppercuts. The first great spot of the match came when Low Ki went for a Tidal Wave, but Danielson caught him in a Firemans Carry and hit an 30 Revolution Airplane Spin that knocked Super Dragon out of the ring. The crowd counts along happily. Another cool spot was when Super Dragon had American Dragon in position for the Curb Stomp, and Low Ki nailed AmDrag with a vicious kick to his unprotected face right before Super Dragon hit the Curb Stomp! "Holy Shit!" chant starts up.

Can't say enough about this match, it was a perfect three way match with all three guys shining. The finish comes when Low Ki hit the Ki Krusher on Super Dragon, and American Dragon nails Ki with a European Uppercut that sends him flying over the top rope. Danielson then locks in the Cattle Mutillation on Super Dragon who holds out for a few moments before tapping out.

Winner: American Dragon

O - 74

C - 61

M - 88

After the match, Ki is not happy. Danielson is celebrating as Ki stares a hole in him before just taking off to the back. Super Dragon rolls out and leaves American Dragon to celebrate. Bryan Danielson is the new #1 Contender!

Thank You

In a skit filmed for the DVD release, Frankie Kazarian enters Colt Cabana's locker room and thanks him for helping him last month. Colt, being his usual goofball self, tells him to think nothing of it, then asks if he could have a try on Kazarian's Time Machine. Kazarian is confused. "You're from the future, right? Frankie "The Future" Kazarian. Hey, do you know who wins the World Series next year?" Kazarian has a priceless look on his face as he turns and exits. "What? You don't approve of gambling? That's cool. I'll see you out there." Funny stuff.

Rating: 68

"You're the Best" starts up as Frankie Kazarian makes his way to the ring to some cheers. He high-fives the crowd and jumps in. Next out is his partner, Colt Cabana, who comes out dancing and playing to the crowd. Samoa Joe makes his way to the ring to a split crowd. He looks intimidating. When doesn't he? His partner, the PWG Champion, Kevin Steen is out next, proudly carrying his championship belt. This match is on.

Kazabana (Colt Cabana and Frankie Kazarian) vs. Kevin Steen and Samoa Joe

Kazarian and Joe start things off. Joe uses his size to overpower Kazarian, but Kazarian fights back and hits some takedowns. Joe takes over and nails a Thousand Hand Slap and a Flying Knee in the corner before tagging out to Steen. Steen dominates for a few minutes, hitting a nice Northern Lights Suplex and a Swinging Back Suplex for a two. Kazarian manages to tag out to Cabana, who proceeds to out mat wrestle Steen badly, frustrating the champion. After a few minutes of that, Steen tags out. Cabana and Joe go pretty even for a while, before all hell breaks loose when Steen comes in for a double team, leading to a wild 4-man brawl.

Kazabana are working well together, as they manage to take down Joe and work him over pretty well. The finish comes when Cabana ducks a DEVASTATING Lariat by Joe that accidentally hits Steen right in the face! Kazarian takes advantage and Superkicks Joe as Cabana picks up the still-loopy Steen and hits the Colt 45 for the 1, 2, 3! Cabana just pinned the PWG Champion!

Winners: Colt Cabana and Frankie Kazarian

O - 72

C - 62

M - 83

Cabana and Kazarian celebrate at the ramp, while Steen looks at them, seething with rage as the show comes to a close...

(OOC: Hope you all enjoyed that. I'm off to enjoy some indy goodness, including the Battle of Los Angeles Tournament! Whoo! Next update on Monday or Tuesday!)

Im truly loving this diary im normally a lurker at this place but this made me come out of the shadows <_<

Some things about it.

I dont really like your build up for birchill he was a fantastic worker in FWA, with a great move set. No just big man moves and a SSP to finish but hey, hes segments arent bad at all.

I think Jack Evans getting a win would have opened up challenge options if you wanted to push him like the international challenge or such.

Nothing to say about the X foundation except that its fantastic.

Im loving 2SBG as champions they might be one of my favorite teams on the indy scene.

I like how you wrote the 3 way AmDragon is near impossible to write for with his style.

Thank You= Gold

Good show, and Danielson vs. Steen should be a great one. SBS vs. 2SBG was well written, and I am digging both teams. The X-Foundation was nice, especially Bosh insulting the Pitbulls through the phone. Funny stuff.

Also, sad to see no one at the gimmick tent this month. I guess I scared Evans away with my threats :shifty:

I had successfully convinced some Sunshine Network executives to come check out "Howling at the Moon". Luckily, they caught a strong show, everything clicked, and they were impressed. After the show, we talked over some logistics, and came up with what I thought was a great deal for us. One hitch: They wanted this within two weeks. 2 weeks. I knew it would be tough, but I said fine, and the very next day set to work on getting things ready for weekly TV tapings.

I went out and hired 2 more workers, got 2 back from injury, and was dealt a crushing blow...

Jack Evans came up to me and talked to me in private about some problems he was having. It was a bad time, right before we got TV, but his health is most important. He's off to rehab for a while, I guaranteed him he'd have his spot when he came back.

Chris Bosh is back from injury.

Hook Bomberry (Heel, 29 Over) - Hook is a small guy, decent brawler, and tags with Top Gun Talwar as "Gunning for Hookers". Was sidelined with an injury, will now team with Top Gun on a more full-time basis.

Jimmy Jacobs (Face, 42 Over) - Jimmy's trademark furry boots and "HUSS!" would make good TV. Good, solid worker.

Jimmy Yang (Face, 50 Over) - The former Akio's non-compete had finally run out, and we were free to use him. He should be a solid addition to the roster.

Things were tough, too little time for everything, but we managed. Before we knew it, November 1st was upon us, and our first "Guerrilla Warfare" show was to debut on the Sunshine Network. Time to step up our game...

OOC: Thanks for the responses. I hope you all don't mind, I'll only be doing the major previews for the large, monthly shows. Nov. 1 "Guerrilla Warfare" should be up soon.

rocksta, thanks for the compliment. I haven't had too much chance to see Burchall, but since PWG guys are pretty small, I figured it would be best to use him as a monster. Glad that you came out of lurking just for li'l old PWG. :)

Haj, I promise to have someone cool at the gimmick table next Large Event. Just don't scare him away this time. :shifty:

PWG "Guerrilla Warfare" on Sunshine Network

9/1/05

Announcers: Doc Marlee, Excalibur and Disco Machine

Nice little intro video package to start the show off, it features most of the PWG roster, including shots of Colt Cabana wearing novelty sunglasses, Super Dragon's mask, and Kevin Steen carrying the championship belt. Announcer Doc Marlee welcomes the crowd to the debut of PWG Guerrilla Warfare, and introduces Excalibur and Disco.

Commissioner SoCal Val announces Main Event

A pyro goes off as the crowd is hyped up, and some RAtM plays as Commissioner SoCal Val makes her way to the ring. Val is doing her best Ms. Hancock impression, as she is wearing a short skirt, white blouse, and black rimmed glasses. She enters the ring slowly to some cheers. Val welcomes the crowd to the first ever "Guerrilla Warfare" show on The Sunshine Network. She announces the Main Event PWG Championship Match for tonight with "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen defending against "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson! The crowd is happy. Val hopes everyone enjoys the show and is off.

Rating - 47

One half of the Havana Pitbulls, Ricky Reyes, comes out to some RAtM and some cheers. Ricky looks serious for his match. Next out is Samoa Joe, who comes out with a white towel around his neck. During the introductions, an on-screen graphic is shown to introduce new viewers to these wrestlers. Stats include Height, Weight, Finishers and Notes. These graphics would appear for each wrestler before every match. This should be a hard hitting match up.

Ricky Reyes vs. Samoa Joe

Reyes and Joe stare each other down in the middle of the ring, with Reyes showing that he is not intimidated by the big Samoan. On commentary, Excalibur mentions that Joe looks "extra-beefy" tonight, and Disco suggests that Joe probably just ate a baby before the match. Joe and Ricky go at it with stiff forearms to the face, back and forth, with Reyes holding his own until Joe stops with the forearms and just pummells on Reyes with a Thousand Hand Slap followed by a VICIOUS chop to the face! Reyes goes down in the corner and Joe hits a Face Wash as the crowd "Oooh!"s in appreciation.

Reyes manages to come back and tries to take out Joe's knee with kicks to the thigh, but Joe fights thru them and keeps coming after Reyes. Reyes sticks and moves, but Joe catches his and hits a great looking Powerslam. At this point Reyes goes nuts and hits a barrage of kicks, capped off by a great looking Enziguri. The finish comes when Ricky goes for a flying forearm in the corner, but Joe counters with a harsh looking STO and nails the Musclebuster followed by the Choke for the submission victory!

Winner: Samoa Joe

O - 67

C - 53

M - 82

2SBG vs. SBS Feud Recap

A video is shown on the Guerrilla-Tron that recaps the ongoing feud between the SBS (Disco Machine and Excalibur) against the current PWG Tag Team Champions, 2 Skinny Black Guys (Human Tornado and El Generico). Several shots are shown, including SBS laying out 2SBG with chair shots and such. This is just to catch new viewers up with the program. Good little video recap.

Rating - 66

Ole, ole ole ole! Bouncing Souls plays as the Generic Luchador, El Generico makes his way to the ring, with the fans clapping along happily. Generico is wearing a shiny gold cape, and is followed by his tag team parter, Human Tornado. In a nice continuity touch, Disco and Excalibur are no longer in the booth, leaving new broadcaster, Doc Marlee, on his own to call this match.

Disco Machine vs. El Generico

Fairly quick and even match, with Generico using quick armdrags and headscissors to frustrate Disco, who takes back control with eye pokes and hits some nice backbreakers and clothesline to ground the luchador. Disco taunts the crowd by gyrating. Finish comes when Generico is in control and goes to hit a Yakuza Kick, but gets nailed by Excalibur with a chair as he bounces off the ropes, with the ref distracted by Disco! Generico staggers right into a Chokebreaker for the 1, 2, 3 and the victory for Disco Machine!

Winner - Disco Machine

O - 71

C - 59

M - 83

After the match, Human Tornado comes out with a chair, swinging wildly and chasing SBS away. Excalibur yells about coming for their tag titles.

Introducing... Arrogance

Next out is Arrogance. Chris Bosh, Joey Ryan and Scott Lost come out and jaw with the crowd. Bosh stops and inhales deeply, ala The Rock, before entering the ring. Joey takes the mic to start with and tells the crowd to shut up. Scott yells out, “Shoosh! Or I will sleep with all of your mothers!” in such a deadpan voice that Joey has trouble keeping a straight face. Bosh takes over and states that they are the dominant faction in PWG, before focusing on their opponents for the night, Frankie Kazarian and the AXP. Joey says that Bosh is too modest to mention it, but he actually won the pool in the back guessing how long it would take for Kazarian to blow his shot with the “World Wildlife Fund”. Bosh does some self-congratulatory posing. Lost then takes the mic and tears into Scorpio, saying he couldn’t believe that he came back after the humiliation he suffered when Lost took his mask and left him bloody and broken in the middle of the ring. Good segment to get the crowd into Arrogance.

Rating - 60

Out next the Aerial Xpress make their way to the ring to a good pop. Scorpio looks pretty pissed. They are followed shortly by Kazarian, who comes out looking cool in his Nike Shox. The three look at each other and rush into the ring right away to start this one off!

Arrogance (Chris Bosh, Scott Lost and Joey Ryan) vs. The AXP (Quicksilver and Scorpio Sky) and Frankie Kazarian

The faces dump Bosh and Lost out with clotheslines and proceed to work on Joey Ryan, doing the spot where they take turns punching him, with him pinballing from one to the other. Finally, the ref restores order and Quick is in with Ryan. Quick dominates until Ryan rakes the eyes and tags in Bosh, who nails Quick with a Clothesline into a vicious Backbreaker for a two count. Bosh poses for the crowd to get some heat. The heels take turns tagging out and beating up on Quick until Quick tags out to Scorpio while Lost is in the ring, where Scorpio absolutely unloads on Lost. The crowd is into this. Scorpio hits a dropkick right to the chin and tags in Quick for their trademark AXP spots including the Sandwich Kicks (simultaneously kicking the chest and back) and the Wheelbarrow Leg Drop for a two count.

Kazarian gets tagged in hits some nice dropkicks and a Back Suplex. Lost comes back with a spear into a bridge, before jumping back and hitting a Northern Lights Suplex for a 2 count. Scott then nails a sweet looking Superkick and tags out to Joey. The action continues for a few minutes with Joey doing some technical wrestling and Kazarian countering. The finish comes when all hell breaks loose, all 6 men come into the ring to brawl. Scott goes for his Superman Spear but Scorpio moves, and Lost hits his shoulder on the post and spills to the floor. Scorpio runs and hits a great running dive for a “Holy Shit” moment. Quick and Bosh clothesline out of the ring and brawl in the bottom. Joey goes to the top turnbuckle, looking to dive onto Quick, but Kazarian pops up there and nails the Flux Capacitor for the 1, 2, 3 for his team!

Winners: Scorpio Sky, Quicksilver and Frankie Kazarian

The Coolest Xpress celebrate in the ring as Scott and Bosh help Joey to the back.

Enter the New Age Punisher

We go to the back, where backstage interviewer Dino Winwood is standing by with “The New Age Punisher” B-Boy. B-Boy is getting fired up about Super Dragon, stating that he is going to make his name on a national basis by taking PWG’s darling Super Dragon and beating him within an inch of his life. Not a bad promo as B-Boy’s thug persona goes well with short promos.

Rating - 59

Back to the ring, Super Dragon makes his way to the ring to some nice “Super Dragon!” chants. Next out is B-Boy, who comes out looking thugish in baggy shorts and sunglasses. This should be a good one.

B-Boy vs. Super Dragon

Things start off basic with some chain wrestling, but soon breaks down into a brawl with punches, chops and kicks. Super Dragon hits a twisting dropkick, a kappo kick and a delayed vertical suplex for a two count. B-Boy comes back with a twisting neckbreaker, knees in the corner, and a diving dropkick in the corner for a two count of his own. Back and forth action with both men showing toughness.

In the middle of the match, Samoa Joe is seen on the ramp entrance, observing the match up carefully. Super Dragon takes control with a powerbomb followed by a vicious Curb Stomp that gets the crowd riled up. The finish comes when B-Boy goes for a Shining Wizard, but Super Dragon counters it, spins B-Boy around, and nails the Supernatural Driver for the 1, 2, 3! Good match between these two.

O - 70

C - 50

M - 91

After the match, Super Dragon stays and plays to the crowd as they replay the Psycho Driver II for the viewers at home. Super Dragon and Samoa Joe stare each other down as the announcers recap the fact that in previous encounters, the two are tied at 1 win apiece, both by count-out. They wonder why Joe is out here as they go to commercial.

Back from break, “Tear Away” plays on the speaker system as the PWG Heavyweight Champion, “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen, makes his way to the ring. He enters to some good heat and takes the mic.

The Champion Speaks

Steen introduces himself to those who may not know him, and rips into both the man who “got lucky” and pinned him in a tag team match, Colt Cabana, and the #1 Contender, “American Doofus” Bryan Danielson. Steen says that Danielson is known for being one of the best technical wrestlers, but Steen is better at him at everything else, and vows to put him away quickly. Short and sweet promo to promote the match.

Rating - 59

Out comes “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson to a good pop. On commentary, Doc Marlee is praising Danielson’s accomplishments, while Excalibur keeps insisting that he mention his Disney Channel cartoon show. Marlee ignores him in the face commentator way, and hypes up the fact that this is a PWG Heavyweight Championship Match.

Bryan Danielson vs. Kevin Steen

Amazing back and forth action as Dragon frustrates Steen with some great mat wrestling, including several funky pinning combinations, but Steen coming back with strikes and big moves like a Gut Buster and a Tornado Flatliner for a two count. Dragon starts working on the knee, including a knee breaker and a leglock, followed by a Mexican Surfboard where he bends Steen into a Dragon Sleeper before Steen finally makes it to the ropes. Steen hits a Superkick to buy himself some time, but Dragon comes back with some chops and European Uppercuts to rock the champion.

Steen hits a couple of clotheslines followed by a nice moonsault for a two count. Steen now tries to go for some pinning combinations but they get reversed for believable near falls. The finish comes when American Dragon hits a Dragon Suplex for a two count, then calls for the Airplane Spin. Dragon gets Steen in the Airplane Spin and goes for 10 revolutions, but Steen squirms out and rolls up Dragon with a handful of tights to get the 1, 2, 3! Kevin Steen has defeated The American Dragon in a fantastic match!

Winner: Kevin Steen

O - 81

C - 65

M - 97

After the match, Steen is smugly posing, and mockingly offers a handshake to Dragon, who turns to leave, but Steen hits him with the belt to the back of the head!

A Clear Message

Here comes “Classic” Colt Cabana! Cabana runs in and ducks a belt shot before kicking Steen in the gut and hitting the Colt 45! The champion is down! Cabana picks up the title belt and looks at it for a long moment before raising it in the air and proclaiming himself the new #1 contender! He now drapes the title over the fallen champion as the show ends with Marlee putting over the fact that Cabana has already shown he can beat Steen and that it looks like he's coming for the PWG Title as the camera fades to the PWG Logo...

Rating - 65

(OOC - Sorry for the long wait between updates, hectic week. Hope you all enjoyed it. OOC update in a day or two)

• 1 year later...