Denis D'Amour dies

MalaCloudy Black

R.I.P. Denis "Piggy" D'Amour

On Monday morning we heard the devastating news that Voivod guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour passed away Friday night.

Another tragic loss for the World of Metal. We at Metal Blade send our condolences to his family, friends and band mates Away, Snake and Jasonic.

"When I first heard the original Voivod demo and then their first album for us and their debut as well, "War and Pain" I knew they would be a great band for a long time. Piggy's guitar playing even way back then was original and powerful. He has influenced so many great players and his legend will only continue to grow in the future. We are so sad at his tragic passing and our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends" Brian Slagel Owner/CEO Metal Blade Records

http://www.voivod.com/

never cared for Voivod, but still -- RIP.

Although this will likely be the end of the band, I'm glad to see that they will return to the studio and finish the album.  An influential band, and from all accounts, a very good person.  Sad to see another one go.

Edited by Krazy_K

Although this will likely be the end of the band, I'm glad to see that they will return to the studio and finish the album.  An influential band, and from all accounts, a very good person.  Sad to see another one go.

WHAT THE FUCK.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK

I THOUGHT I'D NEVER SEE ADAM MIDGET AGAIN.

HOLY FUCK *wig out*