WCW '97

Mello_Fox

Guest British_Bulldogg

I'm really enjoying this diary. Please don't give Bagwell the belt and hurry and end his feud with Eddie because Eddie can be in much better feuds than with Buff. I got 4 right on the PPV predictions.

Is this with TEW or EWR?

I gotta get Eddie's overness up some before I move him onto other feuds. And with this diary, I'm trying to use different people other than Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, and Eddie Guerrero. And I'm doing it in EW. Thanks for showing interest.

WCW Monday Nitro Results

February 4th, 1997

Oh Yeah!!

We start the night with the music of the 'Macho Man' Randy Savage. He walks out from the back and he looks more than confident for tonight. He twirls around a bit before getting in the ring and beginning his Nitro-opening speech.

Randy Savage - Tonight is the night! Tonight, I take 'Hollywood' Hogan and I end his reign. Tonight, The Ma-CHO MAN, ooohhh yeaaahhh, the Ma-CHO MAN will come out as the WCW World Heavyweight Champion! And ya know how that's gonna happen? It's all gonna happen right here tonight, cause last week I earned this Title Shot, and tonight me and Hogan settle this once and for all. But Hogan, The Ma-CHO Man comes prepared, brother. Ohhh yeaahh. And tonight, we will be going one-on-one. But, there's gonna be something surrounding us. If ya look up right above me, Hogan, you'll see something I like to call a Steel Cage! OOHHH YEAAAHHH! And Madness goes crazy inside a Steel Cage, Hogan. So tonight, me and you, right here inside a Steel Cage. The Battle of the Icons! The Match to End All Matches, brother. I can feel the intensity in the air, and I promise to deliver tonight. Ohhhh yeaaahhh!

The announcers are going crazy at this announcement. They say that we have this AND Sting's arrival here tonight. It couldn't get much better! A steel cage match will be seen tonight for the World Heavyweight Championship! Savage makes his way to the back as the fans go nuts.

Overall Rating - 91%

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Ultimo Dragon w/Sonny Oono © Vs. Alex Wright

Ultimo Dragon comes out with Sonny Oono, and these two really play to the crowd. The fans are booing them pretty loudly, but the boos turn into cheers as Alex Wright comes down to the ring. He celebrates a bit and dances around at the top of the ramp before making his way into the ring. The match starts and these two have a real hatred for each other. The announcers say that Ultimo Dragon admitted that he has respect for Alex Wright on Saturday Night, and Wright then told him he would finally be taking his belt here tonight. Ultimo Dragon had to take some punishment early on, but he managed to fight back and turn things around. Ultimo took control of the match for a long time, but things changed around after Alex Wright avoided a dropkick and dropped an elbow of his own onto the Cruiserweight Champion. The fans were really getting into the match as it got later on. Wright had to fend off Sonny Oono a couple of times throughout the match to keep him from making an impact. But Oono's job was done. He managed to keep Wright's attention off of the Cruiserweight Champion long enough for Ultimo Dragon to get an advantage and lock on the Dragon Sleeper from behind! The fans booed, but Wright was not about to give up that easily. Wright fought and fought...he was determined not to tap out. The pain was incredible, but the fans were clapping at a pace to help him out as best they could. Wright finally made it to the ropes, but Ultimo Dragon would not release the hold. The referee had to break it, and he got up in Ultimo's face. Ultimo then pushed the referee and turned around right into a big right hand from Wright. Wright then headed to the top rope! The fans were getting ancy as Ultimo Dragon got up and fell victim to the Flying Press! Alex Wright then pinned Ultimo Dragon! One...two....three! We have a new Cruiserweight Champion!

Ultimo Dragon lost overness from this match. Alex Wright gained overness from this match. The WCW Cruiserweight title has gained in image.

Winner & New WCW Cruiserweight Champion - Alex Wright via pin

Crowd Reaction - 81%

Match Quality - 81%

Overall Rating - 72%

TV Title On The Line...

Before we head to a commercial, we see Konnan in the back. He is there for an interview.

Konnan - Steven Regal...holmes, you made a mistake. On Saturday Night, you gave me the choice of when I want our match. Yo, dat's a big mistake ta make, too, homey. The 'Filthy Animal' really wants it soon, but I'mma wait, dog. I want you to worry all month. So, me and you at Superbrawl! And you best believe I'mma put my Dirty Dirty all over ya pretty little face again. Cause Regal, I've done beatcha plenty of times. But I can't never get the title, so we gonna make our match a little No DQ match. You ain't gonna walk outta this one alive, Regal! Odelay!

We then head to a commercial break as Konnan stares into the camera.

Overall Rating - 77%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Chris Benoit Vs. Buff Bagwell

We come back to see Chris Benoit coming down to the ring. The fans are pretty loud for him, but they don't blow up too much. The announcers remind everyone that Sting will be showing up some time here tonight. The nWo theme plays next and Buff Bagwell comes out. He is all alone this time, which is a surprise to most. The announcers remind everyone of how Bagwell has been going after Eddie Guerrero a lot lately. The match begins and Benoit attempts to slow it up and use some technical maneuvers to entertain the crowd, but Buff won't have any of it. Instead, he goes for some very basic brawling that bores them. The fans are into this match a little bit, but not much. Everyone wants to see Benoit win this one, and it is expected. Bagwell can't hang with Benoit for too long. Benoit looked as if he was going to win this one after going to the top rope. He was about to attempt the Diving Headbutt, but Buff ran up to him and nailed the ropes, sending Benoit down crotch-first onto the top turnbuckle. Bagwell then hit a Superplex and headed back up to the top rope. He waited for Benoit to get up and nailed the Buff Blockbuster! He made a pin and used the ropes for leverage just in case...one...two...and three! Buff wins this one...but someone is coming down to the ring! Eddie Guerrero, the US Champ, comes flying down to the ring and attacks Bagwell. He is really laying into him and pounding away. Guerrero finally hits the Frog Splash and leaves.

Eddie Guerrero debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response. Buff Bagwell gained overness from this match.

Winner - Buff Bagwell via pin

**3/4

Crowd Reaction - 70%

Match Quality - 82%

Overall Rating - 68%

nWo...

The nWo theme starts up now and out walks 'Hollywood' Hogan, The Giant, Eric Bischoff, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx, Scott Norton, Ted DiBiase, and Vincent. These nine men come walking down to the ring and get in. Like usual, 'Hollywood' Hogan gets on the mic first.

'Hollywood' Hogan - Brothers...tonight I end the little dream in the head of the 'Macho Man'. Ya see, brothers...he really thinks he can take me. Well, 'Hollywood' has something else to say about that. And to prove that I'm really gonna end this right here tonight...I'm gonna accept the little Steel Cage challenge, brothers. 'Cause 'Hollywood' don't have to do that. It would be so easy for me to go down there and get the nWo involved...but brothers, I wanna do this. I wanna run wild all over The Madness. Randy Savage is gonna meet his maker tonight, brothers. And after 'Hollywood' gets a hold of 'em, he's probably gonna end his career and go out shamefully like he should, brothers. Oh yeah, that's what's goin' down!

Hogan smiles a little bit before handing the microphone to Eric Bischoff. Bischoff takes it and begins to speak.

Eric Bischoff - Your so right, 'Hollywood'. The new World order will not even step foot down the ramp tonight....cause we don't have to. Your better than him, and you proved it at 'Souled Out'. One-on-one, you beat him. And the steel cage is only gonna hurt him. So take it to 'em, 'Hollywood'...and do it not only for yourself and the nWo...but do it for all your fans out there.

This gets a big pop from the fans who begin booing pretty loudly at Bischoff. Hogan just nods at him and lets him continue.

Eric Bischoff - But now we got some other nWo business to take care of. Lex Luger...

The fans go crazy at mention of Luger. The Giant looks pretty pissed off and starts shaking his head.

Eric Bischoff - Luger...when are you gonna understand that you CAN NOT PHASE The Giant? Your like a gnat in his eye...and someday soon your gonna get swatted for good! You ever heard the story of David and Goliath, Luger? Well...this ain't no Goliath! This is The Giant! Probably the single most dominant man in wrestling history! So Luger, you showed a lot of guts last week when you helped out Randy Savage...wait...that was more like stupidity. Because The Giant was through with you, Luger. After 'Souled Out', he was gonna let you go. But now, your back on his list. So get ready to be dismantled!

Bischoff then hands the microphone to Kevin Nash, who looks ready to talk.

Kevin Nash - Okay, listen up guys. Me and Scott here showed up tonight and we found out that we gotta put our Titles on the line. The Steiner Brothers. Are you kiddin' me? These guys are straight out of Deliverance. It makes me sick. But I can promise Scott and the rest of the nWo that I'm gonna help bring these Titles back. You with me, Scott?

Scott nods for a bit until he reaches out and grabs the microphone.

Scott Hall - Hey, yo...

The fans respond with a 'Yo' of their own.

Scott Hall - Look, no survey here tonight. I'm pretty pissed off. Diamond Dallas Page...you made a huge mistake last week. You wanna attack The Bad Guy. Well, that won't be forgotten anytime soon. And you best believe we're gonna meet again. Our paths are gonna cross again, but next time it's gonna be The Bad Guy laying you ou..

Before he can finish, Diamond Dallas Page's music starts up and he walks out. The fans go crazy as he stands at the top of the entrance ramp and does the Diamond Cutter signal. He has a microphone and he begins to speak.

Overal Rating - 86%

D-D-P!!

Diamond Dallas Page (in a mocking tone) - Hey, yo.

The fans pop big time for this and think it is absolutely hilarious.

Diamond Dallas Page (in a mocking tone) - Yo, we gonna do a little survey. Me and my boyfriend...I mean me and Big Sexy here were talking...and I wanna know...are yall here to see the nWo?

The fans boo this time, helping Page's purpose.

Diamond Dallas Page (in a mocking tone) - Orrrr...are you here to see...

He then drops the Scott Hall tone he has been using and does his regular voice, except he screams this pretty loud.

Diamond Dallas Page - D-D-P!!

The fans explode into cheers for Page, and the nWo looks absolutely furious, especially Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Page then points at the nWo before walking to the back. The announcers ask everyone where Sting is, but they ignore it and we head to a commercial break with nWo complaining about what just happened.

Overall Rating - 75%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

The Giant Vs. Arn Anderson

The Giant is still in the ring from the previous segment, so we come back to hear the Four Horsemen music playing. Anderson comes down to the ring and the match begins. The announcers say that it is odd because Anderson came down without anyone, but The Giant doesn't have anyone with him, either. Anderson has to try to take on this big man, and he has a hell of a lot of trouble. The Giant toys around with him at first, tossing him from one side of the ring to the other. He finally picks him up and begins choking him early on. Anderson fights out of it and soon shows some incredible determination by picking The Giant up and nailing the Spinebuster! Anderson makes the pin and we might have a huge upset early on...one...two....no! The Giant kicked out and he looks furious. He grabs Arn by the throat and Chokeslams him! That was a vicious Chokeslam! Anderson is down, but The Giant doesn't care. He picks him up again and nails a second Chokeslam! The Giant is showing no mercy on Anderson. This match should have been over already! The announcers are very upset, but The Giant hits a third Chokeslam! The referee finally begins ringing for the bell as Arn Anderson hasn't moved in awhile. The bell begins ringing, but The Giant doesn't stop his assault on Arn Anderson. He picks him up again, but he sees someone coming down to the ring...Lex Luger! Luger runs into the ring with a steel chair in hand. He nails The Giant in the head, but The Giant just staggers back a bit. He then walks back towards Luger, but Luger nails him again...and again! The Giant then goes down! The fans go crazy as The Giant falls down and he is busted open! Luger then checks on Arn Anderson and helps him to the back.

Winner - The Giant by KO

*1/4

Crowd Reaction - 77%

Match Quality - 66%

Overall Rating - 65%

WCW Tag Team Championship

The Outsiders © Vs. The Steiner Brothers

The Outsiders come down to the ring and get a big reaction from the crowd, who are actually starting to boo them more than cheer them. The Steiner Brothers come out and get a really good reaction from the fans. These two teams then went at it in what was mostly considered a big brawling matchup. Nash and Hall did their usual good job of working the crowd and getting them as involved as possible. About midway through the match, Scott Steiner was in complete control of Scott Hall, and Hall kept trying to make the tag. Hall would get pulled back every minute or two, to which the fans would go nuts. The fans were really starting to dislike The Outsiders now. It seems like this started happening ever since the DDP/Scott Hall feud. The match would finally come to an end as Rick Steiner was in the ring against Scott Hall. Steiner hit a big suplex, but Nash came in and hit a short-arm lariat that stopped his momentum. Scott Steiner then came out, but got a boot to the midsection followed by tossing him out of the ring. Scott Hall then got up as the referee forced Nash to the outside. He picked up Rick Steiner and nailed The Outsider's Edge. One...two...and a three count! The Outsiders have successfully defended their titles. We head to a commercial as Nash and Hall celebrate inside the ring with The Steiner Brothers on the outside.

The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Winners - The Outsiders via pin

**1/4

Crowd Reaction - 80%

Match Quality - 77%

Overall Rating - 70%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Mongo/Jarrett continues...

We get back from the commercial to see a clip of something that occurred during the break. We see a still frame of two men very close to each other. "During The Break..." is written on the bottom of the screen. The clip then plays and we see Debra McMicheal standing a bit away in the distance with Jeff Jarrett and Steve 'Mongo' McMicheal standing closer to the camera. Road agents are already rushing to them as they pound away on each other. The two men are finally separated after about twenty seconds and we head back to the ring.

Overall Rating - 67%

MAIN EVENT

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Steel Cage Match

'Hollywood' Hogan Vs. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

The 'Macho Man' comes out first and he gets a very loud ovation from the fans. He looks very serious and focused, but he still has time to twirl around. The Steel Cage was brought down during the break. The announcers also remind us that Sting is still scheduled to be here tonight. They are really starting to wonder where he will be. Suddenly, the nWo theme starts up and boos are immediately heard. Out from the back walks 'Hollywood' Hogan. He looks as cocky as ever and he is using his World Title as a guitar, stroking it as if he was playing Jimmy Hendrix. He finally makes his way to the ring and the match begins. We start with a classic staredown as both men try to look as big as possible and intimidate the other man. Neither man backs down, though, and we soon see Hogan slap Savage. Savage strikes back, but takes Hogan down with a big right hand. These two then give the fans a pretty exciting brawl. Of course, this isn't a Match of The Year candidate in the technical sense, but this is still an amazing match. Hogan and Savage definitely know how to build up the crowd and get them involved in this match. They go at it for a good amount of time, with both men exchanging the momentum. Hogan does take off his weight belt and slap Savage for a good amount of time. He then proceeded to choke him down. Hogan finished this up by tossing him into the Steel Cage. Savage was definitely not looking good early on, but he managed to turn things around by low-blowing Hogan. This got a big pop from the fans, who seem to love seeing the good guys cheat. Savage then went on a huge beatdown of Hogan, eventually taking Hogan's own weight belt and choking HIM with it for a little payback. These two men continued going on and the announcers couldn't stop thinking about when Sting was going to make his appearance. Finally, the end of this match came when Savage went to bang Hogan's head on the turnbuckle, but it got reversed. This was followed by Savage flying into the steel cage head-first. Hogan then hit the Leg Drop of Doom and made a cover attempt...one...two...no! 'Macho Man' kicked out at the last instant! Hogan looked frustrated, but he got right back up. Savage then got up and went to punch Hogan. Hogan blocked it and then sent Savage into the ropes...Big Boot! For the second time, he went and nailed the Leg Drop of Doom! He made a cover and the fans were absolutely repulsed....one....two...and three! 'Hollywood' Hogan has done it! He has retained his World Championship right here on Nitro inside of a Steel Cage structure! The fans are really booing loudly now, but something is going on at the top of the ramp. Sting! Sting is here! The fans apparently ejaculate in thier pants upon sight of Sting, who hasn't been on WCW television for over a month and a half! The announcers apologize, but say we have to go off the air as Sting walks down to the ring, baseball bat in hand! Tune in next week to see what happens!

Randy Savage gained overness from this feud ending. The WCW World title has lost image.

Winner - 'Hollywood' Hogan via pin

1/4*

Crowd Reaction - 99%

Match Quality - 45%

Overall Rating - 73%

Overall WCW Monday Nitro rating - 75%

WCW Monday Nitro recieved a 6.82 rating.

WWF Monday Night Raw recieved a 5.63 rating.

Edited by Mello_Fox

WCW News/Notes

World Championship Wrestling has announced that they have found a replacement show for WCW Main Event, which aired on Sunday nights. Instead of a wrestling show on Sundays, WCW will now air a show dedicated to reviewing the highlights of the week and showing what is to come next week. The results for Monday Nitro and Saturday Night of the previous week will be shown and discussed, as well as the previews for Monday Nitro and Saturday Night the following week. This show will debut on February 9th, 1997. That is this Sunday! Tune into TBS at 8:00 PM as 'Mean' Gene Okerlund and Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan host WCW Weekly!

Also, Sting returned to World Championship Wrestling on our last edition of Nitro. You can expect him to be at Nitro this coming week, and many are saying he will now be a regular on television! That is extraordinary news, but what was Sting's motive last week? He came down at the very end of the show after 'Hollywood' Hogan defeated 'Macho Man' Randy Savage inside the Steel Cage. Did Sting attack Hogan? Did he attack Savage? Find out on Monday Nitro!

Saturday Night is next on the WCW Television schedule. You can expect to see such WCW superstars as Chavo Guerrero Jr., Cruiserweight Champion Alex Wright, Harlem Heat, and Scott Norton! We'll see you Saturday Night!

WCW Saturday Night Results

February 8th, 1997

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Alex Wright © Vs. Chavo Guerrero, Jr.

These two put on a pretty decent match with Chavo carrying Wright most of the time. Guerrero played the heel in this match, and the fans were clearly behind Alex Wright, although they showed very little interest in this matchup. Unsurprisingly, Chavo Guerrero, Jr. lost this match after Alex Wright nailed the Flying Press. After the match, Ultimo Dragon and Sonny Oono came down the aisle, but stood on the outside of the ring. Ultimo Dragon had lost to Wright last week on Nitro, so he was sure to say something.

Sonny Oono - Alex Wright! Last week on Nitwo...you get lucky! Ultimo Dragon want you one more time...but at 'Superbrawl'! And to pwove you is cwuiserweight...you must fight in Ladder Match! Oh yes! Be man and accept...or be cow-awd!

Oono and Ultimo Dragon then left the aisle, followed by Alex Wright and Chavo Guerrero, Jr. We then headed to the back where we see Konnan standing.

Winner - Alex Wright via pin

Crowd Reaction - 55%

Match Quality - 78%

Overall Rating - 59%

The Filthy Animal!!

Konnan - Yo, yo, yo. It's da 'Filthy Animal', chillin' will yall here on Saturday Night. Well, I just wanna say that this little 'Lord Steven Regal'...he gonna get 'em one soon. And I mean I'mma treat him like my little BI-OTCH! 'Cause I'm da 'Filthy Animal'...I do things Dirty Dirty style. Can ya feel me? And all o' yall alrady know me and Regal going at it at at Superbrawl, just like my man Alex Wright is going against Ultimo Dragon. But yo, me and Regal in a No DQ. Yall know what dat means? This 'Filthy Animal' right chere gonna be takin' it straight to that snobby little prick Regal. I'mma toss his tail in a dumpster and lock it! And when I leave, I'mma give the Television Title the honor of a Mexican wrestler! Can yall feel me? Odelay!

Konnan gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating - 78%

Sting!!

Before we head to a commercial, we see the return of Sting to World Championship Wrestling! We see 'Hollywood' Hogan pinning Randy Savage inside the Steel Cage on Nitro. 'Hollywood' gets up, but the fans have turned their attention to the entranceway where Sting has appeared! He begins walking down to the aisle! The announcers tell us to tune into Monday Nitro to find out what happened! We then head to a commercial break.

Overall Rating - 93%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Scott Norton Vs. Konnan

Norton comes out first to the nWo theme, and he is all alone for once. The fans boo him pretty loudly, but the boos turn to cheers as Konnan's music starts up and he walks out from the back. Konnan plays to the crowd and he is apparently starting to get over a bit more. The match begins and both men just decide to brawl back and forth, nothing more, nothing less. Norton starts out dominating Konnan, but Konnan manages to fight back and gain control near the midway point of the match. Konnan finally hits the 187 and pins Norton. One...two...and a three count wins it for Konnan, who celebrates for a bit until he is attacked from behind by Lord Steven Regal and Squire David Taylor. He quickly rolls to the outside of the ring after getting clotheslined and retreats to the back where he is safe. Regal and Taylor mock him as he goes to the back.

Winner - Konnan via pin

1/4*

Crowd Reaction - 62%

Match Quality - 70%

Overall Rating - 59%

nWo...

We see a video hyping the new World order. 'Hollywood' Hogan is front of the camera, playing air guitar with his World Heavyweight Title. The video is in black & white. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx, The Giant, and Ted DiBiase are all behind Hogan, talking and nodding towards each other. We then head back to the ring after seeing this.

Ted DiBiase gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating - 99%

Juventud Guerrero Va. Psychosis

Juventud Guerrera comes out first, and the fans are absolutely silent. No one seems to be too interested. Psychosis comes out afterwards, and more of the same. These two decide just to showcase their talent inside the ring instead of warming the crowd up pre-match. The bell rang and the match began. These two men definitely didn't disappoint, but the crowd just wasn't buying it. They did show a bit of interest whenever Juvi would head to the top rope. We also saw a nice little display of their technical abilities, but nothing groundbreaking. If the crowd was into this match, it could have been ten times better. The dead crowd brought the match down a lot. We see the end when Juvi avoids a twisting plancha and then nails the Juvi Driver. One...two...three! Guerrera celebrates a bit as we head to a commercial.

Winner - Juventud Guerrera via pin

**1/2

Crowd Reaction - 36%

Match Quality - 87%

Overall Rating - 54%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

DDP/Hall

We now see a highlight of the DDP promo from last week's Nitro. We start it off with the final part of the nWo segment, with Scott Hall getting on the mic...

Scott Hall - Hey, yo...

Scott Hall - Look, no survey here tonight. I'm pretty pissed off. Diamond Dallas Page...you made a huge mistake last week. You wanna attack The Bad Guy. Well, that won't be forgotten anytime soon. And you best believe we're gonna meet again. Our paths are gonna cross again, but next time it's gonna be The Bad Guy laying you ou..

Before he can finish, Diamond Dallas Page's music starts up and he walks out. The fans go crazy as he stands at the top of the entrance ramp and does the Diamond Cutter signal. He has a microphone and he begins to speak.

Diamond Dallas Page (in a mocking tone) - Yo, we gonna do a little survey. Me and my boyfriend...I mean me and Big Sexy here were talking...and I wanna know...are yall here to see the nWo?

He then drops the Scott Hall tone he has been using and does his regular voice, except he screams this pretty loud.

The fans explode into cheers for Page, and the nWo looks absolutely furious, especially Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Page then points at the nWo before walking to the back.

Overall Rating - 84%

MAIN EVENT

Harlem Heat Vs. Amazing French Canadians

Amazing French Canadians are out first, and the crowd shows a bit of interest in them. Harlem Heat is out next and the fans explode as these two are pretty big stars considering what usually shows up on Saturday Night. Booker T and Stevie Ray completely dominate this match, with Amazing French Canadians only getting in offense after using a cheating maneuver or illegal tag. AFC can't hang with Harelm Heat for too long, though, and Carl Oulette soon falls victim to a Harlem Hangover from Booker T, followed by a pin and a three count. We go off the air with Booker T and Stevie Ray celebrating their victory with the fans.

Winners - Harlem Heat via pin

**1/4

Crowd Reaction - 67%

Match Quality - 77%

Overall Rating - 64%

Overall WCW Saturday Night rating - 72%

WCW Saturday Night recieved a 1.87 rating.

WWF Shotgun recieved a .01 rating.

WCW Weekly

February 9th, 1997

The debut show of WCW Weekly begins with a look at the WCW Weekly set. Various televisions are placed around the set. Each one shows a different WCW Superstar from Alex Wright and The Faces of Fear to Ric Flair and 'Hollywood' Hogan. One large screen shows the WCW logo at the moment, with 'Weekly' written below it. 'Mean' Gene Okerlund stands on the right side of the big-screen TV. He looks towards the camera, acknowledges it, and begins.

Ultimo Dragon/Alex Wright

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Hello fans, I'm 'Mean' Gene Okerlund for WCW Weekly! Tonight marks the first night our weekly recap show is on television. We are replacing Main Event each week, so continue to tune in. But fans, we are getting right down to business here tonight. The rivalry between Alex Wright and Ultimo Dragon has really been heating up lately. Earlier this week on Nitro, Alex Wright defeated Ultimo Dragon for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. Let's take a look...

We go to the halfway point of the match.

Wright had to fend off Sonny Oono a couple of times throughout the match to keep him from making an impact. But Oono's job was done. He managed to keep Wright's attention off of the Cruiserweight Champion long enough for Ultimo Dragon to get an advantage and lock on the Dragon Sleeper from behind! The fans booed, but Wright was not about to give up that easily. Wright fought and fought...he was determined not to tap out. The pain was incredible, but the fans were clapping at a pace to help him out as best they could. Wright finally made it to the ropes, but Ultimo Dragon would not release the hold. The referee had to break it, and he got up in Ultimo's face. Ultimo then pushed the referee and turned around right into a big right hand from Wright. Wright then headed to the top rope! The fans were getting ancy as Ultimo Dragon got up and fell victim to the Flying Press! Alex Wright then pinned Ultimo Dragon! One...two....three! We have a new Cruiserweight Champion!

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - A new Cruiserweight Champion crowned on Monday Nitro! But Sonny Oono made a challenge just yesterday on Saturday Night! Alex Wright had just defeated Chavo Guerrero, Jr., and Oono came down with Ultimo Dragon to make a challenge. Let's take a look...

We see Alex Wright celebrating in the ring after his match is over.

After the match, Ultimo Dragon and Sonny Oono came down the aisle, but stood on the outside of the ring. Ultimo Dragon had lost to Wright last week on Nitro, so he was sure to say something.

Sonny Oono - Alex Wright! Last week on Nitwo...you get lucky! Ultimo Dragon want you one more time...but at 'Superbrawl'! And to pwove you is cwuiserweight...you must fight in Ladder Match! Oh yes! Be man and accept...or be cow-awd!

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - There you have it, fans. Once considered the best Cruiserweight Champion ever, Ultimo Dragon gets his shot at regaining the Title later this month at Superbrawl! Now, fans, we are going to see a clip from my partner, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan. He was outside the arena after this week's Monday Nitro, and he got some reactions from the fans.

The Brain!!

We now see the big screen fade into a still frame of Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan with a microphone in his hand. The entire screen then fades into the same clip on the big screen. He is in a near-empty arena with people still leaving from watching the show. Apparently, the show just came to a close a bit earlier. Heenan walks towards a couple of fans, and the camera follows him.

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - Fans, can I ask your opinions on the show?

Fan #1 - It was awesome! Man, Sting's back!

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - Yes, fans, thanks for stating the obvious...ugh..

With that, Bobby Heenan turns around and faces the camera, which zooms in a bit.

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - Okay, obviously these boneheads don't have anything important to say. Later on, we're gonna head to the locker rooms to get some opinions from some people that really matter....the wrestlers!

With that, Heenan sighs and we head back to the set of WCW Weekly. 'Mean' Gene Okerlund is standing beside the big screen once again.

Jeff Jarrett/Steve 'Mongo' McMicheal

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Thank you, Brain. We'll join him later on as he visits the locker room of WCW. Now, two other people who have had some differences lately are Jeff Jarrett and Steve 'Mongo' McMicheal. This battle has come because of Mongo's wife, Debra. She has been showing an interest in Jarrett lately, and of course Mongo hasn't taken that kindly. On Nitro, Jeff Jarrett and Steve McMicheal ran into each other in the back....

We see Debra McMicheal standing a bit away in the distance with Jeff Jarrett and Steve 'Mongo' McMicheal standing closer to the camera. Road agents are already rushing to them as they pound away on each other. The two men are finally separated after about twenty seconds and we head back to the ring.

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - These two have definitely not dropped their differences. Something is bound to happen tomorrow night with these two men. Right now, we're going to take a commercial break. Fans, when we get back you can expect to see the Steel Cage match that decided the fate of our World Heavyweight Championship, Sting's return, and more! We'll be back.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Lord Steven Regal/Konnan

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Welcome back to WCW Weekly! The Television Title is a very prestigious title. Ron Garvin, Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, and Larry Zybysco have all held this title. The current champion, although not a favorite of the fans, is a very worthy champion. Lord Steven Regal has been defending his title successfully over the last couple weeks, but he has also crossed paths with Konnan on many occassions. Regal has called Konnan many names, including one that Konnan has taking a liking to - 'The Filthy Animal'. And two weeks ago on Saturday Night, Steven Regal told Konnan he could name a time and place to battle for the Television Title. On Nitro, Konnan was more than happy to oblige...

We zoom into the big screen, which shows Konnan standing in the middle of the ring.

Konnan - Steven Regal...holmes, you made a mistake. On Saturday Night, you gave me the choice of when I want our match. Yo, dat's a big mistake ta make, too, homey. The 'Filthy Animal' really wants it soon, but I'mma wait, dog. I want you to worry all month. So, me and you at Superbrawl! And you best believe I'mma put my Dirty Dirty all over ya pretty little face again. Cause Regal, I've done beatcha plenty of times. But I can't never get the title, so we gonna make our match a little No DQ match. You ain't gonna walk outta this one alive, Regal! Odelay!

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - So there you have it, Konnan gets his shot at the Television Title against Lord Steven Regal in a No Disqualification Matchup! Anything could happen between these two men. Konnan also showed up at Saturday Night last night with some things to say...

We go back to the big screen where we see Konnan in the back at the Saturday Night taping.

Konnan - Yo, yo, yo. It's da 'Filthy Animal', chillin' will yall here on Saturday Night. Well, I just wanna say that this little 'Lord Steven Regal'...he gonna get 'em one soon. And I mean I'mma treat him like my little BI-OTCH! 'Cause I'm da 'Filthy Animal'...I do things Dirty Dirty style. Can ya feel me? And all o' yall alrady know me and Regal going at it at at Superbrawl, just like my man Alex Wright is going against Ultimo Dragon. But yo, me and Regal in a No DQ. Yall know what dat means? This 'Filthy Animal' right chere gonna be takin' it straight to that snobby little prick Regal. I'mma toss his tail in a dumpster and lock it! And when I leave, I'mma give the Television Title the honor of a Mexican wrestler! Can yall feel me? Odelay!

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Now fans, we're going to take a quick commercial break. But first, 'The Brain' ran into 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan while walking around the locker rooms.

The Brain!!

We then see a clip of Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan in the locker rooms after the Monday Nitro taping. 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan stands beside him. Some tables, chairs, and dressing rooms can be seen behind the two men.

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, you haven't been on TV too much lately, fortunately...

'Hacksaw' interrupts Heenan after his little joke.

'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan - Ya know what, Bobby!?! I don't have time for your little jokes. I wanna thank everyone out there for watching WCW and being a fan! You guys make us, A-OOOOO! Keep tuning in, and you can be sure dat the Hacksaw's gonna be back on TV soon! A-OOOOO!

We then head to a commercial break as Bobby Heenan shakes his head in disgust.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Diamond Dallas Page/Scott Hall

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Welcome back. Fans, since June of last year, the new World order has reigned supreme here in World Championship Wrestling. Led by 'Hollywood' Hogan and The Outsiders, they have destroyed anything...and anyone...in their path. But one man that resisted temptation and decided to stay with WCW was Diamond Dallas Page. A week after hitting the Diamond Cutter on Scott Hall and telling him that he wasn't joining the new World order, Page still had more to say to Scott Hall...

The screen then shows Scott Hall in the ring with the rest of his nWo stablemates. He has a microphone and begins.

Scott Hall - Hey, yo...

The fans explode into cheers for Page, and the nWo looks absolutely furious, especially Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Page then points at the nWo before walking to the back.

The Giant/Lex Luger

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - There you have it, folks. Page showing his funny side by attacking Hall and the new World order. He decided not to join them two weeks ago, but unlike others, he has taken the offensive. We'll see where this one will take us. Speaking of the nWo, The Giant has been quite destructive after joining Hogan and the new World order last month. On Nitro, he had a match against Arn Anderson of the Four Horsemen. It did not look pretty for Arn. Let's take a look.

The screen then goes to a picture of the ring from Monday Nitro. We join the match midway.

Arn Anderson picks The Giant up and nails the Spinebuster! Anderson makes the pin and we might have a huge upset early on...one...two....no! The Giant kicked out and he looks furious. He grabs Arn by the throat and Chokeslams him! That was a vicious Chokeslam! Anderson is down, but The Giant doesn't care. He picks him up again and nails a second Chokeslam! The Giant is showing no mercy on Anderson. This match should have been over already! The announcers are very upset, but The Giant hits a third Chokeslam! The referee finally begins ringing for the bell as Arn Anderson hasn't moved in awhile. The bell begins ringing, but The Giant doesn't stop his assault on Arn Anderson. He picks him up again, but he sees someone coming down to the ring...Lex Luger! Luger runs into the ring with a steel chair in hand. He nails The Giant in the head, but The Giant just staggers back a bit. He then walks back towards Luger, but Luger nails him again...and again! The Giant then goes down! The fans go crazy as The Giant falls down and he is busted open! Luger then checks on Arn Anderson and helps him to the back.

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - The Giant completely dismantling Arn Anderson, but Lex Luger decided to make the save. Luger has been getting on the nerves of the big man, and there is no telling what The Giant will do to retaliate. And fans, we must take another commercial break. But first, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan ran into another WCW Superstar last week at Nitro.

The Brain!!

The screen then goes to a view of Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan backstage in the locker rooms. Beside him stands Scott Norton of the new World order.

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - It is my pleasure to welcome Scott Norton to the first telecast of WCW Weekly! Fans, this man is not only a massive force to be reckoned with, but he is also a part of the most dominant group in the history of wrestling...the new World order!?! Scott, how are things in the nWo?

Scott Norton - Well, Brain...things couldn't be better. We got 'Hollywood' Hogan still holding the World Title, The Outsiders still holding onto their titles. And man, it just feels good to be a part of it. Our power keeps building like a dam, and we haven't even dropped the bridge yet to unleash it ALL!

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - Didya hear that? The new World order ain't even at the peak of their greatness? Man, I love it!

The two men then talk a bit off-camera as we head to commercials.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Eddie Guerrero/Buff Bagwell

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - The United States Championship, much like the Television Title, is very honorable and prestigious. Held by such men as Harley Race, Sgt. Slaughter, Sting, Vader, and Steve Austin, this Title is sometimes considered a launching pad to greatness. Currently held by Eddie Guerrero, the Title is wanted by one man - Buff Bagwell. Buff and Eddie Guerrero have not been on good terms lately, with repeated attacks from Buff on the US Champ. Last week on Nitro, Bagwell faced off against Chris Benoit.

We go to the screen again where we see Chris Benoit and Buff Bagwell in the ring together. Once again, we join this match at the halfway point.

Everyone wants to see Benoit win this one, and it is expected. Bagwell can't hang with Benoit for too long. Benoit looked as if he was going to win this one after going to the top rope. He was about to attempt the Diving Headbutt, but Buff ran up to him and nailed the ropes, sending Benoit down crotch-first onto the top turnbuckle. Bagwell then hit a Superplex and headed back up to the top rope. He waited for Benoit to get up and nailed the Buff Blockbuster! He made a pin and used the ropes for leverage just in case...one...two...and three! Buff wins this one...but someone is coming down to the ring! Eddie Guerrero, the US Champ, comes flying down to the ring and attacks Bagwell. He is really laying into him and pounding away. Guerrero finally hits the Frog Splash and leaves.

'Hollywood' Hogan/'Macho Man' Randy Savage

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Eddie Guerrero returning the favor to Buff Bagwell. Guerrero finally managed to get back at him, but there is no telling how Bagwell will respond. These two faced off at 'Souled Out' with Guerrero retaining his title. But Bagwell swears a Title run is in his future, and he'll apparently stop at nothing to achieve that goal. And finally fans, we get to our Main Event. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage has been going after the World Heavyweight Title, currently held by 'Hollywood' Hogan of the nWo. Hogan has defeated Savage twice, once at 'Souled Out' and once at Monday Nitro. But this time, these two icons were placed inside a Steel Cage. No one knew what would happen, but this would be the 'Match to End All Matches', as The 'Macho Man' put it. Let's see the outcome of this match.

Savage was definitely not looking good early on, but he managed to turn things around by low-blowing Hogan. This got a big pop from the fans, who seem to love seeing the good guys cheat. Savage then went on a huge beatdown of Hogan, eventually taking Hogan's own weight belt and choking HIM with it for a little payback. These two men continued going on and the announcers couldn't stop thinking about when Sting was going to make his appearance. Finally, the end of this match came when Savage went to bang Hogan's head on the turnbuckle, but it got reversed. This was followed by Savage flying into the steel cage head-first. Hogan then hit the Leg Drop of Doom and made a cover attempt...one...two...no! 'Macho Man' kicked out at the last instant! Hogan looked frustrated, but he got right back up. Savage then got up and went to punch Hogan. Hogan blocked it and then sent Savage into the ropes...Big Boot! For the second time, he went and nailed the Leg Drop of Doom! He made a cover and the fans were absolutely repulsed....one....two...and three! 'Hollywood' Hogan has done it! He has retained his World Championship right here on Nitro inside of a Steel Cage structure! The fans are really booing loudly now, but something is going on at the top of the ramp. Sting! Sting is here! The fans apparently ejaculate in thier pants upon sight of Sting, who hasn't been on WCW television for over a month and a half! The announcers apologize, but say we have to go off the air as Sting walks down to the ring, baseball bat in hand! Tune in next week to see what happens!

Sting!!

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - So there you have it. Savage might be out of any Title Shots in the near future, but we can promise you he'll be back contending for that Title one day. The thing on everybody's mind right now is the man they call Sting! The Stinger returned last week on Nitro, as seen just now. But what happened when Nitro went off the air? Fans, your gonna have to tune in tomorrow night to see. We're gonna take a quick commercial break now, but we'll be back to preview Monday Nitro!

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Monday Nitro Preview!!

We come back from the commercials to see Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan alongside 'Mean' Gene Okerlund now. Gene is standing on one side of the big screen and 'The Brain' is on the opposite side.

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - 'Mean' Gene, I don't know about you, but last week proved to be a great week. 'Hollywood' Hogan kept his title and almost everything else went well.

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Well, whether or not you like Hogan and the nWo, you can't deny their outstanding abilities inside the ring. And tomorrow night on Nitro, the nWo will be in action. The Giant will get a shot at The United States Championship, currently held by Eddie Guerrero.

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - Yeah, looks like The Giant will be taking that Title before Buff Bagwell gets his shot, but as long as it's in the nWo, it's alright! Also, have you heard about the Main Event, 'Mean' Gene?

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Yes I have, 'Brain'. In one corner, you have perhaps the best tag team to ever grace the ring...The Outsiders. They'll be taking on Diamond Dallas Page and 'Macho Man' Randy Savage. The Tag Team gold will not be on the line, but this could explode into an all-out war!

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - Ya got that right, Gene. Let's just hope The Outsiders don't completely destroy Page and Savage. They're gonna need some butts to kick for the next couple of weeks and they need to keep 'em around.

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - Okay, 'Brain, whatever you say. Even more news as Sting will be at Nitro again, but this time he has promised to make more of an impact. And we'll also find out what exactly went down after Nitro went off the air last week.

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan - Yeah, Gene, but 'Hollywood' Hogan is also gonna be at Nitro, along with the rest of the nWo. Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen also promised to speak...let's hope not for TOO long..

'Mean' Gene Okerlund - 'Brain'! Wait...I'm sorry fans but that is all the time we have for tonight! Join us tomorrow night at 8:00 PM eastern time on TNT! Also, we'll be back next week with more WCW Weekly! For Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, I'm 'Mean' Gene saying goodnight!

With that, the first edition of WCW Weekly goes off the air. The following matches were announced and confirmed for Monday Nitro :

MAIN EVENT

Non-Title Matchup

The Outsiders Vs. Diamond Dallas Page & 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

WCW United States Championship

Eddie Guerrero © Vs. The Giant

Also...

Find out what happened after Monday Nitro went off the air last week!

Sting has promised to be back at Nitro and stated that he WILL make more of an impact this time!

'Hollywood' Hogan and the nWo will be in the house. What kind of trouble can they get themselves in tomorrow?

Ric Flair and The Four Horsemen have promised to speak. Will Jeff Jarrett be a target of the Four Horsemen?

Tune in at 8:00 PM to TNT for 2 hours of WCW action!

WCW Monday Nitro Results

February 10th, 1997

nWo...

The night begins with the new World order music playing over the P.A. system. Out walks 'Hollywood' Hogan, Syxx, Ted DiBiase, and Vincent. These four men get in the ring and Hogan is holding is World Title. They all look a bit upset. Hogan, of course, gets on the microphone first and begins.

'Hollywood' Hogan - Brothers...last week was incredible. Your truly walked right into that Steel Cage and dominated the 'Macho Man'. But brothers, Sting made his return last week. And I don't know whose side he's on, brothers...but judging from the last time I saw him, we got one more enemy to take out! But a lotta people wanted to know what happened after Nitro went off the air. Well, brothers, since I love all of my fans...

On cue, everyone begins booing Hogan.

'Hollywood' Hogan - ...just as much as they love me...I'm gonna show everyone just what happened.

The nWo turns their attention to the big screen. We see the end of the Steel Cage match between 'Hollywood' Hogan and 'Macho Man' Randy Savage.

Savage got up and went to punch Hogan. Hogan blocked it and then sent Savage into the ropes...Big Boot! For the second time, he went and nailed the Leg Drop of Doom! He made a cover and the fans were absolutely repulsed....one....two...and three! 'Hollywood' Hogan has done it! He has retained his World Championship right here on Nitro inside of a Steel Cage structure! The fans are really booing loudly now, but something is going on at the top of the ramp. Sting! Sting is here! The fans apparently ejaculate in thier pants upon sight of Sting, who hasn't been on WCW television for over a month and a half! The announcers apologize, but say we have to go off the air as Sting walks down to the ring, baseball bat in hand! Tune in next week to see what happens!

'Hollywood' Hogan - Yeah, brothers. That was what happened last week. But yall wanna know what happened AFTER the cameras went off, right brothers?

Once again, they turn their attention to the big screen.

Inside the ring, Savage is beginning to stir and stand up.  'Hollywood' Hogan is standing up staring at Sting with a look of fear in his face.  Sting then stops right at the base of the cage and points his baseball bat at Hogan.  He then points to behind Hogan.  Hogan looks confused, but Savage picks him up from behind and hits an atomic drop.  He follows this up with the Flying Elbow Smash!  The fans go crazy as Sting just stares at the two men in the ring.

'Hollywood' Hogan - Yep...brothers, it was so clear to me last week. Not only is Savage afraid of me, brothers...but that coward Sting is also scared of 'Hollywood'! And the nWo might not have had the last laugh last week, but look who's holding the belt, Savage! Brothers, the nWo is still the best. And tonight, we got three more guys proving it. Brothers, they couldn't come out here tonight with us, but they're gonna be out later on. We got the most dominant man in the history of professional wrestling, The Giant, getting a shot at the US Title, brothers! And he's gonna bring home some more gold to the nWo! And then we got The Outsiders going against Diamond Dallas Page and Randy Savage. We all know what happened to Savage last week, brothers, so he's not in any shape to compete. And Page has been on our hitlist for a couple weeks now. Brothers, I just wanna say that nWo...

Suddenly, the lights begin flickering in and out. The fans are all in anticipation as to what could happen. Suddenly, a shadow is seen coming down from the rapters...

Overall Rating - 95%

Sting!!

The man coming from the rapters is Sting! The fans go absolutely crazy as Sting comes flying down from the rapters, attached to a steel rope. He lands right in the middle of the ring and quickly unhooks himself. He is carrying his regular black baseball bat, as well! Syxx is the first to make a move as he runs at him, but Sting just nails him in the stomach with the bat! Syxx rolls to the outside as Sting turns his attention to Vincent. Vincent gets clotheslined over the top rope and to the outside. Hogan cowers into the corner, but DiBiase makes a move. He swings at Sting, but Sting blocks his punch and then hits a reverse atomic drop, followed by a shot to the gut with the baseball bat. Sting then hits a DDT and turns his attention to Hogan! The fans are going crazy as Hogan begs off and pleads with Sting to leave him alone. Sting just points at him with his baseball bat. Sting then walks right beside Hogan....but he just falls to the outside. Hogan falls down in relief as Sting goes to the outside of the ring and walks to the back. We then head to a commercial with an image of Hogan wondering what just happened.

Overall Rating - 91%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

WCW Television Title

Lord Steven Regal w/Squire David Taylor © Vs. Rey Misterio, Jr.

We come back from the commercial break to see Rey Misterio, Jr. just enterting the ring. He holds his hands up for the crowd to cheer him a bit. They fail to show much interest. Suddenly, the crowd begins booing as the Television Champion's music walks out from the back. Squire David Taylor joins Lord Steven Regal as the two men walk down to the ring. Regal enters the ring and Misterio attacks him quickly. The announcers say that Misterio is a big underdog in this matchup, but the fans start to get into it and show their support for the young high-flyer. Misterio had to turn his attention to David Taylor a couple times during the match, and this would prove to slow him down and be the deciding factor. The end of this match comes pretty shortyl as we see Misterio miss a leg drop from the top rope. Afterwards, Regal hits the Butterfly Powerbomb and gets a three count to retain his title! The fans are booing as Taylor enters the ring and the two men lay a beating on Misterio. Suddenly, Konnan comes flying down to the ring. He tosses Taylor out of the ring and goes straight for Regal. Regal falls victim to a 187, followed by a Tequila Sunrise! A couple referees have to come down to the ring to break the hold before all the men exit to the back.

Winner - Lord Steven Regal via pin

Crowd Reaction - 67%

Match Quality - 85%

Overall Rating - 76%

The Four Horsemen

After the ring area is cleared of the previous competitors, The Four Horsemen's music starts up. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, 'Mongo' McMicheal, and Chris Benoit all walk down to the ring, tossing up the Four Horsemen signal a couple of times on their way. They finally get in the ring and Ric Flair gets on the mic.

Ric Flair - Ladies and gentlemen, The Four Horsemen are here tonight...WHOOO!

The fans respond with a 'Whoo' of their own.

Ric Flair - And man, we takin' a little break from the stylin' and profilin' we're known to do. So we decided to come out here tonight and let yall know what's goin' on with us. Well, my man 'Mongo' here's been going at it with Jarrett. Now Jarrett, you did manage to beat Ric Flair last week. That was a big accomplishment, kid. You better write that in your diary and save it, 'cause that's the last time your name will ever be on the winning side of a match with The Na-TURE Boy! Son, I've had my name on marquees all over the globe, and you can damn well bet the Four Horsemen are gonna be aiming for ya. Whooo!

The fans give another 'Whoo' as Arn Anderson gets on the microphone.

Arn Anderson - Now Jeff, me and you, we don't have many personal differences. But ya gotta difference with one Horsemen, so you got a difference with Four Horsemen! Boy, I wouldn't mind takin' you out back and givin' you a beating the likes you've never seen before. But good ol' Arn can't just do it every day. So here's the deal, son. Me and you gonna have a little match right here on Nitro next week! Whaddya say, boy?

The fans are getting interested, but 'Mongo' taps Arn on the shoulder and shakes his head. He then gets on the mic.

Steve McMicheal - Arn, I really appreciate what yer tryin' ta do, but you gotta let me handle this. I know the business of one Horsemen is the business of Four Horsemen...but this is over my wife, Arn! Not yours, not Ric's, and not Chris's....MY wife. But Jarrett's gonna be in the ring next week...except I'm gonna be across from him and I'm gonna hit that Mongo Spike and nail him down to the canvas!

The fans pop a little bit as Ric gets back on the microphone.

Ric Flair - Now Chris Benoit! Next up you got Syxx, one-on-one. So why don't you show him how to do it Horsemen-style!?! Give 'em a beating to remember and tell 'em to take that back to the nWo!

With that, the Four Horsemen music returns as Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and 'Mongo' all go to the back. Chris Benoit stays in the ring as we head to a commercial break and prepare for the next matchup.

Overall Rating - 91%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Syxx w/Big Bubba Rogers Vs. Chris Benoit

We were welcomed back by the nWo theme. Syxx walked out along with Big Bubba Rogers. Syxx entered the ring as Rogers waited on the outside. Syxx and Benoit put on a pretty good match. Their styles clashed a bit, but each was able to hit their signature moves and the crowd seemed to be into the match a good bit. Whenever Syxx had control, he would take time to turn and do the '4-Life' signal. Syxx didn't really cheat much the first half of this matchup. He was in almost complete control, hitting some karate kicks and chops, including a nicely placed dropkick. Benoit managed to turn things around after avoiding an axe-handle smash. He hit a nice German Suplex and followed it up with an Ankle Lock of some sort. Syxx managed to get to the ropes, with help from Rogers on the outside. Benoit went to yell at Rogers and fell victim to a Bulldog. Syxx then taunted the fans a bit, but Benoit came from behind and locked on the Crippler Crossface! The fans started going crazy as Syxx tapped out almost immediately. Benoit then raised his hands and celebrated a bit before he walked to the back. Syxx was helped up by Big Bubba Rogers. The two nWo members looked a little upset as they walked to the back.

Winner - Chris Benoit via pin

***1/4

Crowd Reaction - 74%

Match Quality - 87%

Overall Rating - 80%

D-D-P!!

After the match, Diamond Dallas Page comes out from the back to his music. The fans are going nuts for him as he does his Diamond Cutter signal a couple of times. He then gets in the ring and prepares for an interview.

Diamond Dallas Page - It feels good to be here right now! Ya know, I got one thing to say to Scott Hall and the new World order...you got a little taste of your own medicine when I faked out Hall and nailed him with my Diamond Cutter! Man, you guys are so deceitful and tricky...I've been waiting for someone to trick yall. And it looks like it had to be me...D-D-P! Scott Hall, we're going at it later tonight. You got Kevin Nash on your side, and I got the 'Macho Man'! So what's gonna happen, Hall? You want me to tell ya what's gonna happen? D-D-P is gonna grab you and letchu feel...da...BANG! 'Cause that's just what I do. From now on, I don't take nothing from you or the new World order. And I'm gonna start treating yall like yall treat everybody else. Sneak attacks and lies...that's all the nWo does...but from now on, D-D-P will be the one tricking the new World order. And at the end of it all...they will...feel....da....BANG!

With that Diamond Dallas Page walks to the back after his interview.

Diamond Dallas Page gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating - 86%

Who Did It??

Before we head to a commercial, we see a camera in the parking lot outside. A group of road agents and medics are gathered around someone laying on the concrete. The cameraman walks over and zooms in, and we see that it is Eric Bischoff! Blood is trickling down from his forehead and a black baseball bat lays beside him! The announcers say that this must be the work of Sting!! They say that we'll be right back!

Overall Rating - 87%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

WCW United States Championship

Eddie Guerrero © Vs. The Giant w/Buff Bagwell

The challenger was out first with Buff Bagwell. The Giant looks more massive than ever. Eddie Guerrero was out next, and he got a decent reaction from the fans, probably because they want to see someone defeat The Giant. The match began and The Giant was carried to a pretty decent match. Guerrero played the small guy against the big man. The Giant did his job well, making Guerrero look good, but making himself look much better at the same time. Guerrero couldn't get The Giant off of his feet for the first half of the match. Many chop blocks later, The Giant finally fell down to a knee. Guerrero then dropkicked him in the head, which sent him down. He made a pin attempt, but The Giant literally threw him about two feet in the air to break the pin. Buff taunted Eddie a couple times throughout the match. The announcers pointed out that Bagwell probably wanted to beat Eddie, but the nWo would take the title anyway they possibly could. Near the end of the match, The Giant was in complete control. No distractions from Bagwell were needed for him to get in control. The Giant then picked up Guerrero and signalled for the Chokeslam! Suddenly, a man came running down to the ring! Lex Luger was in the house, steel chair in hand! The fans and announcers began going crazy as Luger came running down. The Giant had his back to him, and the referee was on the other side of The Giant. The Giant then picked up Guerrero and held him in a choke hold, Guerrero's feet dangling in the air. The referee had all of his attention on Guerrero, waiting to see if he would tap out. Suddenly, Luger nailed The Giant in the back with a chair. The Giant dropped Guerrero and fell down. The referee had no clue what happened. Guerrero recoved quickly and went to the top rope....Frog Splash! One....two....and three! The fans were going crazy as Luger celebrated on the outside and walked to the back. Bagwell then got in the ring and stomped down the US Champ. He then hit the Buff Blockbuster and left with The Giant as the nWo music played again.

Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this match.

Winner - Eddie Guerrero via pin

*3/4

Crowd Reaction - 79%

Match Quality - 70%

Overall Rating - 76%

The 'Rowdy' One...

After the ring is cleared, bagpipe music plays and the fans get pretty loud. Out comes 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, wearing his kilt and 'Hot Rod' T-shirt. He walks down to the ring and gets a microphone.

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper - Okay! Ever since I came back to WCW, I've had people saying 'Piper...why did you come back?'...'Piper, why are you here?' Well 'The Rowdy One' came back to WCW for one reason and one reason only! You wanna know why I came BACK to World Championship Wrestling, do ya? Because I am sick and tired of these guys with NO TALENT and NO RESPECT calling the shots! I represent the legends of WCW....the guys like Sting, Ricky Steamboat, and Ric Flair! I am the man that will beat the respect BACK into the young guys here who think that they're better than everyone else. So to prove that I'm not just out here spittin' crap to yall, I'm gonna make a challenge to any of those young guys next week. Let's go...me against whoever wants it. I'mma rock n' roll all over you, man. That's for sure!

With that, we get ready for our Main Event...but first a commercial break. Piper makes his way to the back as his bagpipe music plays. Before we go to the commercials, we go to something going down in the back!

Rowdy Roddy Piper gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating - 71%

Luger/Giant!!

We see The Giant choking Lex Luger in the back. Luger's feet are dangling in the air. Luger then kicks The Giant in the groin. This causes The Giant to drop him momentarily, but it pisses him off some more. The Giant then goes to grab Luger, but Luger kicks him in the groin again. The Giant falls to his knees as Luger rears back and hits a HUGE right hand. The Giant goes down and Luger stands tall as we head to commercials.

Overall Rating - 78%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

MAIN EVENT

Non-Title Matchup

The Outsiders Vs. Diamond Dallas Page & 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

The Outsiders are out first and they get a large reaction from the crowd in attendance. These two know how to play the crowd, too. After they get in the ring, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage's music starts up and he gets a huge ovation from the crowd. He twirls around before making his way to the ring. He stands on the outside as Diamond Dallas Page's music starts and he walks out. He does the Diamond Cutter signal a couple of times and makes his way down the aisle. He talks a bit of strategy with the 'Macho Man' before they get in the ring and we start the match. These two teams are mostly interested in getting the crowd involved, moreso than putting on a great match on the technical side. Page doesn't get his chance at Hall for a good bit of time, but when he finally does he goes off. An early Diamond Cutter saw Hall retreat to the outside. Page and the fans all mocked Hall, and Hall looked absolutely furious! Nash then came in and took over, managing to even things out by headbutting Page and hitting a nice clothesline. Page was forced to tag in the 'Macho Man', and Savage took it to both members of The Outsiders. The nWo's major Tag Team began to wear down late in the match, as both men looked tired and annoyed. They couldn't really get a clear advantage over the newly formed team of Page and Savage. The end of the match came when Nash was in against Page. Page had just taken control after reversing a sleeper. Page forced Nash to tag out, and Scott Hall came in. Hall went for a punch right away, and managed to take control. After about two or three minutes of Hall on offense, he went for the Outsider's Edge....but Page slid out of it! He then flipped Hall around and nailed the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere! The fans popped as Page made the cover. Nash went in to break it up, but he got taken out by Savage. One.....two....and three! Page has done it! We go off the air with DDP and Savage celebrating in the ring as Page's music plays. The Outsiders stood on the outside in pain from the match.

Winners - Diamond Dallas Page & 'Macho Man' Randy Savage via pin

Crowd Reaction - 80%

Match Quality - 73%

Overall Rating - 77%

Overall WCW Monday Nitro rating - 82%

WCW Monday Nitro recieved a 7.23 rating.

WWF Monday Night Raw recieved a 5.65 rating.

• 1 year later...