Polaris

Guest Locutus of Borg

Guest Locutus of Borg

So I was watching tv the other day and flipped by The N (basically Nickelodeon's "teen" channel) and saw an episode of "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" was coming on, so for a blast of nostalgia, I decided to watch it. They played the them song and I got to wondering who the band was so I searched their name, Polaris, and found one fansite about them. Apparently they released an album in '99 with all the music from "Pete and Pete" on it. I've heard some of the songs in full off of it and it's not too bad.

So, take this where it will, either on the subject of Polaris, the music, or "Pete and Pete". Anyone remember any of these?

We had a long topic awhile back about Pete and Pete and all the great Nickelodeon shows when we were young. The theme song "Hey Sandy" by Polaris is excellent, even mesmerizing at times. I have season 1 on DVD because the show itself is outstanding and way ahead of when it came out. Waiting for season 2 to come out.

Guest Locutus of Borg

I've listened to some of Polaris' other stuff, too, and it's pretty good (then again, all of the stuff I've heard was of the soundtrack to "Pete and Pete"). I think the band's broken up now, though, or at least has different members.

Damn, I didn't know they put the show out on DVD. I've gotta fucking get that.

I wish Nickelodeon would do a "Turn Back the Clock" week and show all the old shows from the '90s like "Clarissa Explains it All", "Roundhouse", "Salute Your Shorts", "Hey Dude", you know, all the oldies.

Yeah Polaris was in fact the garage band in the one episode lil' Pete sees and then can't get out of his head. Apparently as I think I vaguely recall a few but the Polaris band members make several cameos in the show besides that. But I think that was pretty much their biggest and most obvious cameo in the series. I take it the creator must have really liked that band or been pals with them. >_>