WWF '99: New Dawn

Draevyn

Though releasing all the WWF Divas isn't something '99 WWF would even contemplate, it's probably a good idea since you seem to have a hard enough time getting your current roster exposure. It's probably best to cut them so you don't have a whole other division to have to worry about giving TV time to. Especially since it's been a while since the Light Heavyweight division has been on TV (maybe since Backlash?) Even though not realistic, probably was your best bet to scrap the division for the time being.

LOD gone is good too. They would have nothing to offer in '99. Actually, the real WWF did the same thing around this time which lead to Droz getting singles push since he was no longer attached to LOD. Though in this unvierse, we've just pretended that Droz was already with Albert.

I like the idea of Regal coming in. Pairing him with Taijiri could be ultra cool. I look forward to seeing what happens with all that.

I think it's obvious that I'm happy to know the Ministry angle is going to get scrapped. Was not much a fan.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean to do this last night when I posted the news bits, but was running short of time so here I am now. I'd just like to mention a few things that SpiceDawg brought up. I thank him and Hewey for their continued comments to let me know what I'm doing right, and what isn't working to well. While I'm not really changing things to fit for them, it does give me insight into a few future plans that I've tweaked a bit.

The first thing is the way TEW ranks them is Match Reaction/Match Quality/Overall Rating. Quite a few of the stats for guys are low but I left them how they were when I got the scenario. With TEW if you use them enough they gain skill in different areas so they're stats will steadily improve a lot hopefully.

The Triple H Segment should have been more. I noticed Spice mentioned about how he got passed all those guards and that was an oversight. When I first booked it almost two months ago, I had it in my head to write about how he battled through tons of security during a video that plays and gets in the arena that way. After two months I forgot all about it so it was an oversight when I finally decided to write it up last night. So you're right, that was one of those things that didn't make sense and I do apologize.

HHH vs Undertaker- While this isn't going to bolster high ratings in TEW, this is my way of looking at it. Neither man is face, but I'm looking at it as Undertaker being a defacto face in this fued due to The McMahons being heel. Yes, he did kidnap them but they hated Vince and Shane to begin with. Stephanie is the innocent victim but my idea is that the fans pretty much forget that part. Again it's shoddy thinking which is why I'm working on cutting this short. Triple H may seem like a face at this point but you have to remember that he's simply doing it for himself. He feels that if he saves Vince then Vince has no reason not to give him a title shot. Shoddy thinking, shoddy booking and another apology of mine.

The release of the Diva's. You're right, during this time period it probably isn't realisitic but I really had no fued for them. It would just basically have been a bunch of matches thrown together. Also we've kind of become accustomed to WWF(E) doing things out of the blue. This happens to be one of mine.

Again, thanks for the comments and glad you're still "tuning" in.

Edited by Tristan Kancer

As I talk to you all the time on msn, you know I'm glad to see this back after a few month hiatus...

The last Raw definitely had it's high and low points, but my favourite part was the HHH/Taker confrontation. Getting past what Spice said about HHH being there despite being barred, I really liked their interaction. Plus there was the "other" part of all that which I liked as despite the whole storyline having to be cut short, it does add a little intrigue to it's climax. One other thing I did like was the Hardcore title matches. Not only did it give the title (and Gangrel) some exposure and reinforce the 24/7 stip, but it also added to the Hardcore Holly/Al Snow situation on the main show.

Thursday Night Smackdown-May 13, 1999

1-Tired Of Being Overlooked

After an incredible new video plays to open the new show, and some awesome blue and white pyro explodes, the Tag Team Champions music hits the speakers and immediately the fans are booing. Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart are being led to the ring by one of the only diva’s left in the WWF, Debra. She is happy to shake the hands of the hundreds of fans who are trying to touch her but Jarrett quickly grabs her by the hand and drags her along behind him, getting a lot of boos from the fans. Owen sees what’s going on and just shakes his head, turning his head to it and just sliding into the ring. He gets on the buckles and poses while Jarrett retrieves the microphone.

Jeff Jarrett: So tonight greatness has decided to grace your presence, even if it is in a piece of crap town like this right here.

Cheap heat from the hometown fans, but Jarrett just smiles and pulls Debra closer to him, making sure she doesn’t do anything that he doesn’t approve of first.

Jeff Jarrett: You boo it because you know just how true it is. Now I’m not out here to insult this town, even if I could go on all night. No, I’m out here to say that as the tag team champions, we’re sick of being overlooked and taken for granted. We are two of the greatest talents that this company has got working for them, and yet last week we weren’t even able to get our faces on television. That’s a disgrace. We’re the champions. We should be in every main event.

Most of the fans in attendance don’t agree and they begin to chant “WE WANT PUPPIES” which Debra seems happy to oblige but again is restrained by Jarrett.

Jeff Jarrett: It’s time you understand that we don’t care what you people want. Chant it, cheer it, get mad when we don’t give it to you, because you’re never going to see another puppy. We’re wrestlers, we’re not here for you just to look at.

Owen grabs the mic from Jarrett and climbs to the second buckle.

Owen Hart: We’re not sex toys. WE’RE WRESTLERS DAMN IT!! WOOOOOO. We’re out here to prove our dominance, so anybody back there who wants our titles, bring your butts out here, because we’re going to send you home without a title belt, and without an ounce of pride. We’re about to make sure we get recognized, because enough is enough, and it’s time for a change.

Jarrett and Hart get ready for the match and some familiar music hits as.......

Canadian Country Open Challenge Interview-69.2%

2-First They Say It; Then They Do It

.....Edge and Christian of The Brood make their way to the ring without Gangrel at their sides. Without Gangrel they also don’t get the cool rising entrance and just walk to the ring with the music playing in the background. Both men slide in the ring as Debra takes her place outside the ring and Owen and Jarrett go to work immediately, stomping down the challengers. The champions pull the challengers to their feet and whip them into the ropes, missing a set of clotheslines and taking a pair of shoulderblocks from the challengers. Jarrett and Hart roll to the outside, grabbing Debra and talking strategy once more. Edge gets onto the center of the ropes and calls for the champions to get back into the ring, but they refuse until the ref gets control of the situation and gets one man out of the ring. Edge takes his place outside the ring, leaving Christian to take on Jarrett who has decided to start the match for his side.

Both men lock up in the center and Jarrett shows his experience by taking Christian down and working him with an arm bar. Christian fights back to his feet and does a front flip to relieve the pressure, but Jarrett grabs him by the hair and pulls him back to the mat, refreshing the armbar that he had applied. Jarrett argues with the ref that he didn’t use the hair while the announce team hype this as being the first match of the new show. Christian fights to his feet and manages to take Jarrett down with a shoulderblock after escaping the armbar, but his second attempt is met with a leapfrog, into a hip toss, and the arm bar is reapplied. Fans give Jarrett some boos but due to The Brood also being heels, it’s not a very loud reaction. Christian once again fights up and manages to roll out of the arm lock and put an arm wringer of his own on one half of the tag champs. Jarrett tries to fight the pressure but he rolls through it as well. He gets to his feet, looking to take advantage but the only thing he takes is a dropkick under the chin that sends him scurrying back into his corner where he makes the tag to Hart.

Owen comes in, confident in his abilities but it appears to be too much because he’s quickly taken down with a drop toe hold that leads to a side headlock. Hart fights to his feet, switching out of the headlock and applying a hammerlock of his own. Christian drops to a seated position and kicks Hart away, but he’s unable to block the straight kick to the spine that rocks the youngster. Hart picks him up quickly and delivers a suplex into the center of the ring, followed by a leaping elbow from the second rope. He makes the pin and gets a two count, before “woooing” to the fans. They respond with a few boos but he turns around and continues stomping the challenger, picking him up and then snapping him over into a seated position in the center of the ring and a rear chinlock. He applies some pressure, getting to his feet and driving his knee deep into Owen’s spine before wrenching the neck some more. Christian fights to his feet, managing to escape but is unable to shoulderblock Owen down like he had Jarrett. Instead he bounces off Owen hard and is forced to quickly crawl to his corner when Hart attempts to apply the Sharpshooter. Christian makes the tag out and it brings in the much taller and more enigmatic Edge.

For a second, Owen shows a bit of fear of the more enigmatic man of the team but then he quickly wipes that away and goes in for a clothesline. That misses and he gets a kick to the stomach from Edge and is planted with a quick DDT. Edge makes the cover and gets a one count. Both men bound back to their feet and Edge takes Owen down with another clothesline, before driving him into the buckles when he gets up again. Edge hammers away at him in the corner and goes for the whip but Owen reverses it and sends him in. Owen charges and gets a foot to the face and a bulldog for his trouble which leads to another cover that gets a two count this time. This brings Debra to the apron and she walks across the apron, making sure to open her jacket a bit for distraction. The first person distracted is the ref who stares at her with his mouth open. Edge then sees her, but he just wants her off the apron as he seems quite focused. This distraction allows Jarrett to come in and hit him with a Guitar Shot to the back of the head. He quickly gets rid of the evidence and then tackles Christian out of the ring who’s coming in to save his brother. Owen watches him crumble to the mat and then lays over him, hooking the leg. He yells to the ref who turns around and makes the three count.

Jarrett throws Christian back into the ring as Owen slides out and the champions with Debra back up the ramp, holding their titles high and celebrating. They watch as The Big Bossman and Ken Shamrock rush past them and slide into the ring. Christian gets to his feet and walks right into a Belly to Belly suplex from Shamrock. Bossman waits for Edge to get to his feet and drills him with the Bossman Slam. The Corporation is kicking away at the two members of The Brood but some ruckus is heard in the crowd as Test rushes from the back and slides into the ring. He ducks a Bossman clothesline atttempt and drives his boot straight into Bossman’s face. He then goes toe to toe with Shamrock, exchanging punches back and forth until he knocks him out of the ring with a lariat. Shamrock and Bossman regroup on the outside as Test begs them to get back in the ring, but since The Brood are back to their feet as well, they think better of it and they take off the same way that Jarrett and Hart had just gone as we head to commercial.

Canadian Country def. Edge & Christian (Owen p. Edge)-Bossman/Shamrock Attack, Test Saves-51.6/72.0/61.5

3-The Deadman And The Cerebral Assassin

During the commercial, there is a video played hyping the brewing fued between Triple H and his Ministry counterpart, The Undertaker. Clips are shown of The Undertaker stalking The McMahons and the subsequent abductions. They bleed into Triple H talking about how much Vince would owe him if he was the one to make the rescue. It finishes up by showing Triple H brawling in the center of the ring with the entire Ministry before being laid out. Both Men Stand For Dominance...Only One Can Stand Dominant

Video Hyping Triple H/Undertaker-86.3%

4-Should D’Lo Fear This Match Or Should Venis And Van Dam Be The Ones In Fear?

After defeating D’Lo on this past Raw, it seems that Scorpio has been given an even bigger oppurtunity as he takes on current Intercontinental Champion, Goldust. Scorpio comes to the ring alone while Goldust is accompanied by the always lovely Marlena who has her purse which the announcers speculate is loaded with something. She’s carrying her chair again which she sets up and takes a seat in as Goldust rolls into the ring, rubbing himself from head to toe to get into the head of Scorpio, which doesn’t work because Scorpio fires off right hands at Goldust’s head. The first few shots come unanswered but Goldie finally gets his bearings together as he answers back with several shots of his own, backing Scorpio into the corner. He turns around and rubs his backside into Scorpio’s midsection and Scorpio shoves him away, looking freaked.

Outside the ring, Marlena appears to be getting jealous of the things that Goldust is doing to Scorpio and the announcers reference that, wondering what exactly is going on. For the first time in the match, the two lock up but Goldust quickly releases and runs his hands up and down Scorpio’s body which again freaks the challenger out. This time Marlena gets right out of her chair and yells at Goldust to ”Get Ta Fightin’”. Goldust looks at her, annoyed, but he finally begins way-laying into Scorpio, knocking him down with a big uppercut shot. He quickly gets to his feet and Goldust sends him into the ropes and hits him with a leaping butt bump to the chest. He makes a quick cover and gets a one count but Scorpio kicks out.

The middle part of this match sees a lot of brawling between the two, spilling to the outside where Scorpio tosses Goldust over the barricade and then follows up with a flipping splash into the crowd. It’s about the only time the crowd really pops during this match, even though the action is pretty solid. Scorpio takes the match back into the ring where he hits a nice moonsault that gets him a two count, and gives Marlena a scare. She quickly gets to the apron and begins slamming her hand down on it. She is screaming at Goldust to get up, but when he does he’s quickly knocked back down with a spinning kick to the face. Scorpio signals that he’s going up top to finish Goldust off, which brings Marlena to the apron to argue with the ref.

Scorpio goes to the top rope and signals for his Diss That Don’t Miss but with the referee distracted, Prince Albert and Droz quickly hit the ring. Scorpio, showing no fear, leaps into the arms of Albert and finds himself driven into the mat with a Double Choke Bomb. Once more Droz follows up with a sitout powerbomb before pulling Goldust over Scorpio for the cover, and the victory. Albert and Droz slowly back up the ramp while Marlena comforts her charge and hands him the title. Ross and Lawler comment on where D’Lo is during all this. Scorpio recovers and looks pissed in the ring.

Intercontinental Title Match: Goldust© p. Scorpio via Droz/Albert Interference-54.5/73.0/62.3

5-The Great One Arriveth

After the melee finishes in the ring, the camera goes backstage to find The Rock entering the arena. A few of the backstage workers are there to greet him, but when Kevin Kelly attempts to get an interview The Rock just walks right past him, leading Ross to speculate that The Rock is all business here tonight.

The Rock Arrives-88.7%

6-There Is No Need For Gunns In The Ring

For the early part of the year, Bart Gunn had been looked highly on by many backstage and they had high hopes that he would be a big star for them, giving something to the midcard ranks. After realizing that he couldn’t really deliver in the ring, he had been relegated to dark matches. But on this night he’s looking to make a name for himself in the form of the Hardcore Title. He was in the ring when the show came back from commercial and awaited the current best entrance of Gangrel who has the title around his waist. He comes down to the ring and looks to perform his spit into the crowd but Bart is looking to start quickly. Unfortunately for Bart he waited too long and got a face full of red liquid for his trouble.

Gangrel quickly entered the ring and used the title to knock Gunn to the mat before stomping away on him. Gangrel pulls him to his feet and backs him into the corner, working away at his head and body before going for a whip. Gunn reverses the whip, but it’s reversed again and he’s sent into the buckles hard. Gangrel waits and then back drops him over, turning and hitting him with a spinal tap. He slides to the outside and begins his search for weapons, pulling out the standard cookie sheets and garbage cans from under the ring. He tosses them all into the ring and then slides in, just in time to receive a garbage can shot from Gunn who has gotten back to his feet. Bart scoops him up and plants him in the center of the garbage can before scaling the ropes. Lawler makes a remark about it being hard to climb the ropes in cowboy boots and at that moment Bart slips and crotches himself on the buckles.

Gunn falls to the floor as Gangrel gets back to his feet. He sets Gunn up in the corner and then puts a garbage can in front of his face. A quick baseball slide thrusts the can into his face and Gunn is busted open just above his nose. Gangrel sets up and hits him with a hooking arm, overhead suplex, which gets him a two count. Gangrel keeps control with some punches and stomps, before waffling him with a cookie sheet. Gunn staggers, swerves and takes another shot before finally hitting the mat. Gangrel scores another two count.

Gunn fights back after a few more minutes of Gangrel controlling the action, managing to deliver a scoop slam on a couple of cookie sheets which he laid out. He then decides to go to the second rope this time and delivers a legdrop for a two count. He quickly picks Gangrel up and goes for a powerbomb but Gangrel pulls out of it and hits him with a quick Impaler for the three count, and nobody cared.

Hardcore Title Match: Gangrel p. Bart Gunn-39.8/59.2/49.8

7-HYPE CENTRAL!

Once again another video hypes Over The Edge with this one focusing more on the ongoing fued between The Rock and Steve Austin. A surprise is that most of the actual video focuses more on Austin then it does on The Rock since The Rock has been away and Austin has been the one to provide the video footage. Most of the voice overs are clips from The Rock’s interviews that seem to equal things out. A previously unheard clip has Rocky declaring that he’s going to beat the venom right out of the rattlesnake, while Austin’s clip says that he’s going to take the bull by the horn and break him down, like he’s never been broken before.

Video Hyping Rock/Austin-89.8%

8-The Rock Provides A Sound Byte

When the show comes back from commercial, the sound of The Rock’s music is already playing and he’s on his way to the ring, dressed in his usual armani shirt and slacks. His expression is serious and as he gets into the ring, he quickly pulls the glasses from his face and tucks them in his pocket before grabbing the microphone.

The Rock: First off, The Rock would like to say that it’s about time he gets his own show. He’s been a cornerstone of this company for the last year and he deserves his time, his show, and his just desserts. Speaking of “just desserts” The Rock is going to make sure that “Stone Cold” Steve Austin gets his at Over The Edge. You see, there was a time when we were both on the other sides of the fence, but now it’s The Rock’s turn to kick him over both sides of the fence, and hell, even a few under it a couple times. It doesn’t matter. The Rock is going to beat Austin until he can’t get up and take back what always should have been mine. The World Wrestling Federation, Heavyweight Championship.

He soaks up the chants as the fans begin chanting his name, and he feels the electricity flowing through the air.

The Rock: But tonight, is a different story. Because here, on The Rock’s Show, the people want The Rock, and he’s going to give it to them. Undertaker, you’ve been walking around here claiming their’s a hostile take-over, that you’re the new leader of this company. Well The Rock doesn’t care about that, but there is no take-over of my show. So tonight, The Rock wants you to bring your 320 pound dead ass, your 33 pound head. The Rock wants you to roll your eyes straight back into your skull and watch as The Rock plants his size 12 boot straight up your ass.

Once again he waits, soaking up the fans adulation but he raises his head high into the air and lowers the mic over his mouth to finish off the interview with....

The Rock: If You Smell....What The Rock.....Is.....Cooking....

His music hits as the announcers hype the main event match between him and The Undertaker.

The Rock Int (Austin/Main Event Tonight)-91.3%

9-Deep In The Bowels Is Where You May End Up

Backstage, in the darkness of the boiler room, Mankind sits with his only friend in the world, a steel chair which he grasps tightly in his hands, staring at it almost with love. His voice has a cross between anger and depression as he begins to speak.

Mankind: Pauly! Pauly! We were supposed to be friends. You said I could trust you. You were supposed to be there for me. Oh you were there. You were there. But it wasn’t for me. I thought we were done with this. I thought you had finally had enough. But you still want to fight. You still want the pain. Do you want the pain?

He screams the last sentence as he grabs the chair and begins to beat himself in the head with it. He reaches up and claws the mask from his head to allow the camera to see the blood trickling down his forehead. He continues to hit himself with the chair as he talks.

Mankind: Do you want the pain I’ve felt for years. The things I’ve put my body through. Trust me Pauly, you can’t do anything more to me than what I’ve already done to myself. This is it Pauly. You want me again. You turn your back on me and I’ll hit you with a chair.

He hits himself as he says that.

Mankind: And again!!

Another shot to his own head.

Mankind: And again! And again! And again until all you can do is beg me not to hit you again, and then I’ll hit you with another one. You want to talk about Edge’s, last week you went over yours and at the pay per view, you’ll go over one more. I’ll be seeing you Pauly, but it’s going to be hard to see me with your eyes swollen shut...

He continues to hit himself with the chair as the scene fades to a commercial break.

Mankind Int. (Paul Wight)-84.2%

10-Another Warm Up Match

Anyone expecting a technical masterpiece during this match would be wanting their money back by the end of it. The Acolytes stomp their way to the ring to the heavy beats of their music, looking as angry as they had ever been. The Outlaws come to the ring with Road Dogg doing his spiel, insulting his opponents for this match. The Acolytes do not take too kindly to his remarks and immediately attack both Outlaws as they get into the ring. Bradshaw is firing off huge rights and lefts at Gunn before disposing of him from the ring with a massive lariat. Farooq whips Dogg into the ropes and goes for his spinebuster but Dogg quickly gets out of it and sets him up for a Pump Handle Slam. He’s ready to hit it but it leaves him open for the big boot to the side of the head from Bradshaw. Fans get a bit vocal when they see The Impact Players step through the curtain. Fortunately for The Outlaws they remain on the top of the ramp and just watch as the match unfolds.

Bradshaw shows his no nonsense style by hammering punch after punch at James until the Outlaw slumps into the corner from the punishment. The big man grabs his arm and whips him hard into the other corner, catching him on the way out and delivering a huge Throw Away Slam. Credible laughs on the ramp while Storm just stares into the ring, expressionless. Bradshaw once again lines him up in the corner with several punches and goes for another whip but this one is reversed. Bradshaw hits the ropes and comes out looking for a lariat, but it’s ducked and he finds himself on the receiving end of a sleeperhold. He manages to get out of it, turning it into a back suplex that drives Road Dogg into the canvas.

He makes the tag to Farooq and they cut off the ring. Outside Billy tries to rally the fans behind his team and even gets a chant started, but it soon dies out as the fans seem more interested in The Impact Players on the ramp. Farooq hammers him down with sledge-like forearms to the back, picking Dogg up and knocking him down with a shoulderblock. He goes for one too many though and Road Dogg avoids it, making the luke warm tag to Gunn who comes in and takes Farooq down with a clothesline. He then has one for Bradshaw as well who comes charging in, looking to take advantage. Farooq gets up and walks right into an impressive press slam from Gunn. Dogg has gotten to his feet and he scoops Bradshaw up and drives him down with a powerslam before hitting him with the Shaky Legs Kneedrop.

Credible starts to walk towards the ring but Storm grabs him by the shoulder and keeps him back. Bradshaw gets up but he’s met with a kick to the mid-section and the Rocker Dropper from Gunn. Farooq is hit with a Pump Handle Slam from Road Dogg and Gunn makes the cover to pick up the win. They’re hurt but they still get to their feet and stare at The Players. Credible again wants to go to the ring but Storm grabs him and they disappear behind the curtain, leaving The Outlaws to celebrate.

The New Age Outlaws def. The Acolytes (Gunn p. Faarooq)-64.2/54.3/66.0-Faarooq Is Not Physically At His Best

11-Giving The Undertaker More Customers

After a short commercial break, the show comes back to a bunch of screaming fans until the lights dim and “My Time” hits on the speakers. There is a mixed reaction as Triple H makes his way to the ring. He rips his shirt off half way to the ring and slides in, throwing it on the floor as he grabs the microphone and cuts right to the point.

Triple H: Undertaker! Last week, you left me laying in the middle of that ring, but you couldn’t do it alone. You needed every single member of your ministry to get the job done. At Over The Edge, you’re not going to have that chance. You and me Undertaker, you don’t know how bad I want that. Last week, you had people bar me from the ring, but look what happened then.

The video screen lights up, showing the incident from last week in the parking lot where Triple H was told that he wasn’t allowed to be in the arena. It shows him walking away, but vowing to get his hands on Undertaker at Over The Edge. The scene then cuts to later in the night where it shows Triple H battling through about twenty security men, leaving them all laid out in the parking lot before finally entering the building. The video cuts off as he enters the building.

Triple H: You see Undertaker. There is nothing that you can put in my way. There is no walls that I will not tear down. Undertaker, at Over The Edge I will beat you, and I will get back what you should have never taken. Tonight, is just the beginning of what you’re going to see.

With that, the music of his opponent hits....

Triple H Int (The Undertaker)-82.6%

12-Triple H Stakes His Dominance

...and the biggest member of The Ministry, Viscera walks out looking just as freakishly as he ever does. He waddles to the ring, showing no fear even with the intensity of Triple H at that moment. He doesn’t even get time to step through the ropes as Triple H begins to hammer away at him. Viscera finally gets into the ring but Triple H doesn’t let up, hammering away with punches and kicks to keep the big man on the ropes. He goes for a whip but Viscera uses his size to block it, sending Triple H in and going for a clothesline. Hunter ducks under the clothesline and comes back with a high knee into the face of Viscera. He staggers, gets a kick in the gut and is planted with The Pedigree for the three count, and probably the shortest match since Backlund/Diesel in the early 90's.

Hunter isn’t done there as he rolls out of the ring and grabs a steel chair before rolling back in. He waits for Viscera to get to his feet and then just begins to slug away at the big man with the chair until he falls through the ropes and crashes to the floor on the outside. He slams the chair down in the center of the ring and then just stares down the fans before leaving the ring and stalking to the back.

Triple H p. Viscera-52.6/52.7/52.4-Viscera Is Not Physically At His Best

13-If This Wasn’t Weird I’d Say It Was Completely Out Of Place

Backstage Al Snow can be heard screaming random things from a bathroom stall. The camera finds him kneeling in front of a toilet, thrusting “Head” in and out of the water.

Al Snow: You lied to me! Yes, You did! You’re lying right now. Don’t tell me that. You’re nothing but a liar. I’ve got to get my title back. It’s your fault we lost it.

He thrusts the mannequin into the toilet and holds it there for a few seconds, then picks it up again.

Al Snow: No, I don’t care about Holly anymore. He doesn’t matter. He doesn’t have what we need. We need the title. Yes, we do. We need it or they’re going to fire us. They did it before. What do you mean they can’t fire me? Contract? I had a contract before!! Yes I did.

Snow continues to argue with himself as the scene fades to the final commercial break.

Al Snow Int (Argument With Himself)-53.3%

14-Smackdown’s First Main Event

What better way to main event the first edition of a new show by using two of the WWF’s top draws in The Rock and The Undertaker. Both men came to the ring with their own share of fanfare, good and bad respectively. The Rock seems to soak up the adulation from the fans but The Undertaker just sneers and rolls his eyes back in his head as he raises the lights to the arena. He gets into the ring while Bearer takes his place on the outside. Undertaker slowly takes his own coat off and hangs it over the ropes, but before he can do anything Rocky gets impatient and lights him up with a series of right hands, staggering him backwards. He avoids the “spit punch” that follows up the combo and fires off punches of his own, including several body shots that knock The Rock back into the ropes, setting him up for the massive corner clothesline that follows.

Undertaker backs up and waits for The Rock to come out of the corner before grabbing him by the throat. Rock quickly pushes the hand away, hits a kick to the stomach and drops ‘Taker with a ddt. Rock is up, Undertaker sits up and takes a load of stomps that knock him towards the ropes, but he manages to get up and once again drives The Rock back with his own massive soupbone shots. He sets up with an armwringer and goes to the top rope, looking for the leaping strike to the shoulderblades but The Rock quickly pulls him off and delivers a Rock Bottom on the deadman. He is back to his feet as the fans are cheering but The Undertaker sits up just as quickly. Rock is shocked, but he’s unphased as he waits for him to get up again and gets ready to hit him with another Rock Bottom.

Chair Shot! Steve Austin is in the ring and he hits a huge chair shot to the back of The Rock, waits for him to turn around and plants him again. Rock hits the ground and Austin is happy until he sees the look in The Undertaker’s eyes. He backs away slowly as Undertaker advances, but Taker doesn’t see Triple H who slides in the ring and spins him around, hitting him with right hands that rock the deadman into the corner. It becomes a two on one with The Undertaker until Mankind rushes to the ring as well, looking for revenge on Austin. He gets into the ring and goes right at Austin, evening up the odds, until The Rock gets to his feet as well. Mankind and The Rock hammer away on Austin while Triple H is clotheslined out of the ring by ‘Taker. The two of them continue to brawl up the ramp as yet another man rushes to the ring. This time it’s Paul Wight who evens the sides once more. Mankind turns around into a huge choke. The Rock turns and gets one as well. Rock kicks Wight below the belt and watches as Mankind hits a double arm ddt. Unfortunately for him he turns around straight into a Stone Cold Stunner from Austin. Mankind gets back to his feet and gets a Stunner as well, leaving Austin as the only man standing in the center of the ring with the fans booing and littering the ring as the Ross and Lawler bring the show to a close.

The Rock and Undertaker Battle To No Contest-72.6/69.5/76.5

Edited by Tristan Kancer

A decent first episode of WWF Smackdown. Not sure what it was but it seemed to lack some sizzle especially for a debut episode. It may be the fact that we have so many heel v. heel matches. It seems all the face/heel lines are blurred at this point. On this show, HHH once again came off as the babyface and I'de be convinced he was turning face if it wasn't for the fact he keeps making his intentions clear. He's been acting pretty herioc lately like when he battle through 20 guards to get to Undertaker.

Why is Bart Gunn still wearing cowboy boots? He got rid of those a years prior to this when he joined the New Midnight Express.

Is the lightheavy division officially done? Or is Christian still bringing the title to the ring with him?

I totally forget when Test turned face. Though who knows, maybe he is still heel with all the crazy booking lately. I know Shamrock & Bossman are still heel but they seem to be feuding with the heel Brood.

I like the Al Snow stuff. His growing insanity is rather entertaining. Speaking of insane, I also enjoyed the promo and intensity from Mankind. It's good to see him back in the spotlight again. As for promos, the Rock pulled off a pretty decent one too.

Looks like D'Lo might be the one turning heel which surprises me. That doesn't seem to be the way you were going before you took the break.

Like I said, it was a pretty decent first episode of Smackdown. I'm looking forward to seeing Over the Edge to continue to take shape. I'd just recommmend you start to clear up some of the heel and face alliegences. Since that very same thing ended up biting WWF in the ass that year. Other then that, most of the stories seeem to be cruising at a nice pace.

Edited by SpiceDawg

Where did segment 14 go? It jumps straight from the Al Snow skit to the main event, without anything filling the 14th spot.

My favourite bits had to be the segments involving Al and Mick...always had a soft spot for their "out there" interviews. It was good to see you go the route of having a big main event to launch Smackdown, and taking advantage of The Rock to boost his egomaniacal edge.

Fixed the numbering, which was my fault. There were only 14 segments on the show. Spice, Test didn't really turn but he was attacked by Bossman and Shamrock after Backlash. Kind of put him as a face after that. And Bart's attire was my fault...meant to mention that he'd returned to the old gimmick during the first paragraph. I seem to have a bad memory. But, it doesn't matter because when I finish my news report, it'll be listed that Bart is gone now anyway.

• 4 months later...

It rises from the ashes

Anyone who's actually reading my WWE diary, and sees this, don't worry. I'm currently working on my next Smackdown for it. However, I was going through my files today and found this, figured what the hell, and here we are. This is the last show that was simmed way back when I still had TEW 2004, but from now on I'm going to see if I can find a 99 scenario for TEW 2005. So I'll be going back and forth between these two diaries. I've got to go back and see where I was going when I stopped writing this one.

Sunday Night Heat- May 16th, 1999

1-It Does Exist! It Does Exist!

It looks like WWF are finally giving Christian the chance to shine as a Light Heavyweight, but they seem to be lacking when it comes to finding him formidable opponents. On this night he went into the ring against Jeff Hardy which actually turned out to be a half decent match. The fans weren’t into it as much as they probably should have been with the title on the line, but they paid attention to most of the highspots, which when you get these two together, is most of the match. Christian comes out to the usual Brood music, but he doesn’t get the cool entrance that he has when coming out with the rest of them. Hardy gets some cool guitar riff, but he looks like someone right out of high school, which cuts down on his image quite a bit.

Hardy starts off quickly, throwing wild punches and having most of them actually connect. He quickens the pace of the match by running the ropes, and actually connects with a Whisper In The Wind quite early on in the match. He gets a two count out of it, but Christian kicks out and slides out of the ring. He avoids a baseball slide, and pulls Hardy out, only to drive him into the steel post. Christian sets up for an Inverted DDT on the outside but Hardy fights out of it and drives Christian into the apron. He rolls Christian in and wears him down with a side headlock, scoops him up and slams him down. He goes to the middle rope and attempts his brothers Yodeling Legdrop but Christian moves out of the way.

From there Christian dominates the match with basic brawling. He ducks a clothesline and connects with a reverse ddt for a two count. He sets Hardy up for the Unprettier, but Hardy shoves him off into the ropes, grabs him on the rebound and connects with a modified jawbreaker. Christian is down and Hardy is up, quickly scaling the ropes, and setting up for his Swanton but Christian moves out of the way and Hardy crashes into the mat. Christian is quickly back to his feet, and he finally connects with The Unprettier, hooks the leg and gets the victory.

WWF Light Heavyweight Title: Christian© p. Jeff Hardy-44/72.1/59.1

2- Rock Lights The Crowd On Fire

Following the opening match, there is a replay of The Rock’s interview on Smackdown.

The Rock’s music is already playing and he’s on his way to the ring, dressed in his usual armani shirt and slacks. His expression is serious and as he gets into the ring, he quickly pulls the glasses from his face and tucks them in his pocket before grabbing the microphone.

The Rock: First off, The Rock would like to say that it’s about time he gets his own show. He’s been a cornerstone of this company for the last year and he deserves his time, his show, and his just desserts. Speaking of “just desserts” The Rock is going to make sure that “Stone Cold” Steve Austin gets his at Over The Edge. You see, there was a time when we were both on the other sides of the fence, but now it’s The Rock’s turn to kick him over both sides of the fence, and hell, even a few under it a couple times. It doesn’t matter. The Rock is going to beat Austin until he can’t get up and take back what always should have been mine. The World Wrestling Federation, Heavyweight Championship.

He soaks up the chants as the fans begin chanting his name, and he feels the electricity flowing through the air.

The Rock: But tonight, is a different story. Because here, on The Rock’s Show, the people want The Rock, and he’s going to give it to them. Undertaker, you’ve been walking around here claiming their’s a hostile take-over, that you’re the new leader of this company. Well The Rock doesn’t care about that, but there is no take-over of my show. So tonight, The Rock wants you to bring your 320 pound dead ass, your 33 pound head. The Rock wants you to roll your eyes straight back into your skull and watch as The Rock plants his size 12 boot straight up your ass.

Once again he waits, soaking up the fans adulation but he raises his head high into the air and lowers the mic over his mouth to finish off the interview with....

The Rock: If You Smell....What The Rock.....Is.....Cooking....

His music hits as the announcers hype the main event match between him and The Undertaker.

Replay Of The Rock Interview-95.6%

3- The Italian Stallion Continues His Quest

After a quick commercial break, The Godfather is in the ring awaiting his opponent. His opponent for the evening is lead to the ring by ”The Natural Born Thrilla” Mike Sanders, and he is ”The Italian Stallion” Chuck Palumbo. For the first time since arriving in the company, Palumbo is facing someone his size, and that doesn’t look good for him on paper. The Godfather actually offers him the “hos” but Palumbo is quick to disregard them, answering with a big boot to the face that rocks Godfather into the corner. The Stallion hammers away at Godfather, beating him down, and then whipping him hard into the other buckle. He follows in with a huge clothesline, but Godfather comes out and connects with a big clothesline.

Palumbo’s inexperience goes against him as Godfather dominates with heavy shots, picking him and slamming him down before delivering a big leaping elbow to the sternum. He hooks the leg and gets a one count, but Palumbo is quick to kick out and head outside for some consultation. Sanders and Palumbo discuss strategy until Godfather gets sick of waiting and reaches over the ropes and pulls Palumbo up by his hair. Inexperience or not, he still knows enough to use the advantage, grabbing Godfather around the head and dropping him across the top rope. He quickly heads in and connects with a back suplex. Palumbo sets up, and waits for the Jungle Kick but Godfather manages to catch it, spin him around and hit an atomic drop. He follows up with several clotheslines, and then positions himself in the corner as Palumbo staggers into the opposite one. Godfather revs up the engine, and avalanches Palumbo with the Ho Train.

Palumbo staggers out and Godfather lifts him onto his shoulder, looking for his Pimp Drop but Sanders earns his money, hopping on the apron and distracting the referee. He waves his hands wildly to keep the attention on him, and it works because Godfather drops Palumbo and grabs Sanders. He decks Sanders, but turns right around into the Jungle Kick from Palumbo, who hooks the leg and scores the victory in probably his hardest match since entering the company.

Chuck Palumbo p. The Godfather-42.6/62/48.7

4- Simply A Cerebral Assassination

Following the match, there is another recap from Smackdown, this one being the interview from Triple H

The show comes back to a bunch of screaming fans until the lights dim and “My Time” hits on the speakers. There is a mixed reaction as Triple H makes his way to the ring. He rips his shirt off half way to the ring and slides in, throwing it on the floor as he grabs the microphone and cuts right to the point.

Triple H: Undertaker! Last week, you left me laying in the middle of that ring, but you couldn’t do it alone. You needed every single member of your ministry to get the job done. At Over The Edge, you’re not going to have that chance. You and me Undertaker, you don’t know how bad I want that. Last week, you had people bar me from the ring, but look what happened then.

The video screen lights up, showing the incident from last week in the parking lot where Triple H was told that he wasn’t allowed to be in the arena. It shows him walking away, but vowing to get his hands on Undertaker at Over The Edge. The scene then cuts to later in the night where it shows Triple H battling through about twenty security men, leaving them all laid out in the parking lot before finally entering the building. The video cuts off as he enters the building.

Triple H: You see Undertaker. There is nothing that you can put in my way. There is no walls that I will not tear down. Undertaker, at Over The Edge I will beat you, and I will get back what you should have never taken. Tonight, is just the beginning of what you’re going to see.

With that, the music of his opponent hits....

Recap Of Triple H Interview-84.2%

5- Raw’s Six Man Main Event

Another commercial break, and this one leads right back into a hype video for tomorrow night’s main event which will feature the team of The Rock, Triple H and Mankind taking on Steve Austin, The Undertaker and Paul Wight. The ending of the Smackdown main event is shown as a way to show the hatred between these six men.

Hype Video For Raw’s Main Event-89.1%

6- You Better Believe He’s Crazy. He Does!

Another recap video, this one from Mankind and Smackdown

Backstage, in the darkness of the boiler room, Mankind sits with his only friend in the world, a steel chair which he grasps tightly in his hands, staring at it almost with love. His voice has a cross between anger and depression as he begins to speak.

Mankind: Pauly! Pauly! We were supposed to be friends. You said I could trust you. You were supposed to be there for me. Oh you were there. You were there. But it wasn’t for me. I thought we were done with this. I thought you had finally had enough. But you still want to fight. You still want the pain. Do you want the pain?

He screams the last sentence as he grabs the chair and begins to beat himself in the head with it. He reaches up and claws the mask from his head to allow the camera to see the blood trickling down his forehead. He continues to hit himself with the chair as he talks.

Mankind: Do you want the pain I’ve felt for years. The things I’ve put my body through. Trust me Pauly, you can’t do anything more to me than what I’ve already done to myself. This is it Pauly. You want me again. You turn your back on me and I’ll hit you with a chair.

He hits himself as he says that.

Mankind: And again!!

Another shot to his own head.

Mankind: And again! And again! And again until all you can do is beg me not to hit you again, and then I’ll hit you with another one. You want to talk about Edge’s, last week you went over yours and at the pay per view, you’ll go over one more. I’ll be seeing you Pauly, but it’s going to be hard to see me with your eyes swollen shut...

He continues to hit himself with the chair as the scene fades

Recap Of Mankind Interview-84.6%

7-The New Age Of Impacts Continue

The main event of Heat was a bit of a mismatch in styles, with Billy Gunn being the powerful brawler who lights to beat his opponents into submission again Lance Storm who knows more about submissions then arguably anyone in the WWF at this point in time. Their rivalry has been going on since The Impact Players arrived in the World Wrestling Federation and ruined the Tag Titles match. Storm and Credible make no apologies, but they’re willing to take the titles if that’s what it takes.

Storm started off good, avoiding all of Gunn’s high impact strikes, and taking him down with armdrags, and working the shoulder. Anyone on the roster knows of Gunns shoulder problems, and this seems like the best avenue for attack, but Storm quickly switches to the leg, setting Gunn up for his Half Crab submission. Taking the legs away also opens Gunn up and keeps him from using his power moves. Gunn does manage to fight out though, rocking Storm with right hands until he has him in the corner. He attempts a whip, but Storm reverses it. Gunn doesn’t even get four steps before he collapses in pain. His knee has definitely been worked over, but he still manages to power out of the Half Crab, turning it into one of his own.

Gunn continues to keep the attack going until he makes the mistake of trying to press Storm above his head, and his knee gives out, sending both men crumbling to the ground. Storm continues to work on the knee, slamming down on it as he lays it across the ropes. A modified ankle lock adds more pressure, but Gunn does the only thing he can, raking the eyes to get the escape. He hobbles to his feet and grabs Storm, sending him into the ropes, but Storm ducks under and rolls him into another Half Crab. Once more Gunn shows his power, blocking the pain from his mind and reversing the move. Storms partner Justin Credible has seen enough and he rushes the ring, smacking Gunn with his Singapore Cane, right in front of the referee. The bell rings, but Credible doesn’t care as he enters the ring and attacks Billy Gunn. Gunn valiantly tries to fight the two men off, but two on one is never good odds, until the crowd erupts and The Roaddog charges the ring. He enters and immediately delivers his Shake, Rattle and Roll combinations. Storm rolls out of the ring, but Credible isn’t so lucky as Dogg kicks him in the midsection and Billy comes out of the corner with the Fameasser. Storm backs up the ramp, leaving his fallen comrade behind while Gunn and Road Dogg celebrate with crotch chops for everyone. Gunn is visibly wincing in pain, but he’s happy to have the win.

Billy Gunn def. Lance Storm via Disqualification (Credible Interference)-53.4/63.4/55.7

• 10 months later...