Barry Bonds Update

Jason.

Naiwf that was well said but let me add one thing. I've always had a problem with this Bonds/Steroid controversy because if you think about it, Bonds was an animal before he got big. Alot of people like to sit and bash him because suddenly he's hitting homers by the tons but many people forget that from 1990 Bonds has hit under .292 just once and they also seem to blank on the fact that by 1993 he had already won 3 MVPs and 3 Golden Gloves, not to mention he led the league with 46 Home Runs. Also since '93 he's only hit under 33 Homers once, and besides the 73 home run season, he never hit more than 49 so the juice must not have been making him THAT much better. To the critics who say that Bonds has just lately begun hitting homeruns, you must not have followed Baseball in 1994 or you'd have known that in 112 games he had hit 37 home runs. Had he played the entire season(assuming it hadn't have been abandoned) he'd have hit 53 homeruns, more than any total he had bar 2001(Here's one for you Captain Stats, an outlier of a season) which blows any claims of him hitting more homers in his 40s than his 30s out of the water. I'm not saying that Bonds hasn't been on juice, but can you look at his stats and tell me that it has made a massive change in his numbers?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT - Just a little P.S. thing. Don't talk sports with me. I'm currently in college to become a sports broadcaster, I've been a play-by-play announcer and statistician for a high school football team, I'm currently a sports writer for a newspaper, I've been up for a college basketball play-by-play announcer, and I'm up for a play-by-play announcer for a high school team. So once again your move sahyder1. :P

Guest JoeyMadDogg

I'm 18 years old and I hate Bonds more than my dad does.

I just graduated from high school in May and was planning to attend U of A, but didn't get stuff sent off in time. Plus, if I'm 13 or 14 how in the world would I be able to write for a newspaper. If you want proof that I write for a newspaper, then go to Cassville Democrat. Once there go into Sports and look under the football topic, I believe its something like "Wildcats defeat Fighting Irish 41-7" or something under the lines of that. That was last weeks article, they haven't put the new football and softball article I wrote up yet. But theres proof that I work for a newspaper, meaning I'm 18. My name is Joey Nosler, which as you will see, its that under the header. :)

I posted this on another board...

I hope he doesn't pass Ruth, but he's going to. Probably in April. Aaron may be down in early to mid 07. That's all Bonds wants to do. He cheated to get the home run throne. Lots of other people tried, but he was the greatest of this era.

You got to remember, a lot of other people cheated in this era. Bonds was damn good to begin with, even better with the juice.

I think it sums up a lot of things. So what if he's not media friendly. He's out there to play baseball, not kiss your ass.

I posted this on another board...

I hope he doesn't pass Ruth, but he's going to. Probably in April. Aaron may be down in early to mid 07. That's all Bonds wants to do. He cheated to get the home run throne. Lots of other people tried, but he was the greatest of this era.

You got to remember, a lot of other people cheated in this era. Bonds was damn good to begin with, even better with the juice.

I think it sums up a lot of things. So what if he's not media friendly. He's out there to play baseball, not kiss your ass.