Barry Bonds Update

Jason.

Fuck Barry Bonds...

he doesn't give shit about anything except his HR record...he could give a shit less if the giants went 0-162 as long as he hits home runs...

Which is why he's said many times that he'll probably retire before passing Aaron. All he cares about is the #2 slot. Hell, he even put retirement after #660 into consideration.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoeyMadDogg

He must be a bad guy in my opinion. I mean how can someone say no to not wanting to be in a video game, I mean, he has it in his contract that he can not be used in fantasy baseball, even the MLB one, and video games. As I said, IMO, you have to be one fucked up, fan hating, egotistical son of a bitch to have something like in your contract.

Guest JoeyMadDogg

Jason does make a point. Although Bonds has done extremely good at the plate, his feilding has gotten worse and worse to the point where he's now basically a liability on the feild.

what the hell are you guys talking about? The man is 40 years old and there is no way his defense is as bad as you guys claim. The man had 11 damn assists last year. Atleast make your biases a little factual.

That is a sucky assist total for one year! There are players who had higher totals, way higher totals, plus look at Atlanta Braves' rookie outfielder, Jeff Francour, he just got pulled up in August and has already surpassed that total, so if you want talk about fielding wise, Bonds just plain sucks and the only reason he is "soooo good" at hitting is the not yet proven fact that he takes steroids. How can someone go from being as skinny as a toothpick to looking like Hulk Hogan, especially almost overnight? How come his homerun totals went up once he turned 35? He was averaging 20 to 30 homeruns a year and then BAM! he breaks McGwire's record with 73 homeruns and then the next years hit 40+! His stats should be declining not improving!

Edited by JoeyMadDogg

Wow, you have no shot in the business with that bias. Bah, what am I saying....you'll fit right in with the Bonds bashing. So one rookie goes on a tear and Bonds is a washed up has-been? People have been testing his arm because he's a rooke and he goes on a hot streak. So what?

He must be a bad guy in my opinion. I mean how can someone say no to not wanting to be in a video game, I mean, he has it in his contract that he can not be used in fantasy baseball, even the MLB one, and video games. As I said, IMO, you have to be one fucked up, fan hating, egotistical son of a bitch to have something like in your contract.

Edited by Testing New Name Feature

Guest JoeyMadDogg

Actually MJ didn't have anything in his contract saying that he had to give permission to be in a video game, he actually wanted to be in the games, so IMO, he is a better person than Bonds. IMO, Bonds' is as bad as Charles Barkley because he did the same thing when he was playing NBA as Bonds is doing now.

I never said he was "washed up" and plus I didn't say that as a player in total. I said, "He is an old has been in the fielding perspective." So hows about you make sure you are saying the right thing when you are quoting someone. If you ever watch SportsCenter, you'll notice that they only show Bonds at bat because he sucks at fielding. You look at Alou, Sosa, Ramirez, Floyd, and other players around the same age, watch SportsCenter, you'll see both fielding and batting and thats because they do good in both, I mean atleast they dive after a ball, Bonds is more worried about not hurting himself than helping his team out. So don't question my chances of making in the business as I have more knowledge of sports in my baby toe than you do your whole body. So f*ck off!

I hate Barry Bonds. But its mainly because he doesn't deserve to break Babe Ruth's record, let alone Hank Aaron's.

There is NO WAY he isn't on something, because you don't hit twice as many home runs a season when you're almost 40 as you did when you were 30. No amount of batting practice or coaching can explain that.

The sad thing, he'll never get busted for it.

For the love of God. Jordan wasn't in the NBA Live games the same reason Bonds isn't in MVP. They have their own licensing deals because they draw in enough money on their own. They only show Bonds ABs because his fielding is bad? That's the most moronic thing you've said yet. Maybe they show him batting because all of baseball stops to see his at bats. Maybe it's because with every swing the ball can land in the Cove. Maybe it's because pitcher after pitcher, team after team walks him. Bonds has had 2 weak years defensively. They were 2001 and 2002 and he more then made up for errors those 2 years with his bat. Does your bias have no limits? Look at the last 7 years. Each of the guys you mentioned has been worse defensively in that stretch then Bonds. I'd hardly call that breaking down. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that you're speaking with tru e bias. You're gonna be one of those Stephen A. Smith (no idea what ESPN Radio in New York was thinking putting him up against Mike and the Maddog) type radio guys who speak with nothing but bias because they don't know their sports at all.

Edited by Testing New Name Feature

Just a little P.S. thing. Don't talk sports with me. I'm currently in college to become a sports broadcaster, I've been a play-by-play announcer and statistician for a high school football team, I'm currently a sports writer for a newspaper, I've been up for a college basketball play-by-play announcer, and I'm up for a play-by-play announcer for a high school team. So once again your move sahyder1. :P

Guest JoeyMadDogg

Well, seeing as how I don't start till next year, had to take year off due to moving to another state and not getting everything done in time, I haven't failed as I haven't been to class yet.

EDIT - Just a little P.S. thing. Don't talk sports with me. I'm currently in college to become a sports broadcaster, I've been a play-by-play announcer and statistician for a high school football team, I'm currently a sports writer for a newspaper, I've been up for a college basketball play-by-play announcer, and I'm up for a play-by-play announcer for a high school team. So once again your move sahyder1. :P

Guest JoeyMadDogg

To sahyder1:

I'm a Braves fan, but thats not why I was using Francoeur. I was using him because of his stats, which prove that, assist wise, you can do more than what Bonds did last year, in a short period of time. Francoeur's assist numbers have been amazing with the short time he's been playing in. Thats why I used him.

To What Would Jesus Do?:

It doesn't take a college degree to know stats, I was just saying that I'm attending college to further my knowledge to become a sports broadcaster, well getting ready to attend. I've been keeping up with baseball stats since I was 15, getting ready for the day so I can go into that field. Okay, ese?

To sahyder1:

I'm a Braves fan, but thats not why I was using Francoeur. I was using him because of his stats, which prove that, assist wise, you can do more than what Bonds did last year, in a short period of time. Francoeur's assist numbers have been amazing with the short time he's been playing in. Thats why I used him.

To What Would Jesus Do?:

It doesn't take a college degree to know stats, I was just saying that I'm attending college to further my knowledge to become a sports broadcaster, well getting ready to attend. I've been keeping up with baseball stats since I was 15, getting ready for the day so I can go into that field. Okay, ese?

To What Would Jesus Do?:

Guys, stop feeding the troll. Only an idiot would say that an 11 assist year from an outfielder is nothing. If that's your starting 3B, then yes, that number's awful. The very reason Francoeur's number is so high is BECAUSE he's new, and most teams will want to test a rookie fielder until they realize he has a cannon for an arm. Next year, his number should drop because less runners will take risks against him. Since Manny Ramirez' defense is ATROCIOUS, people run on him more often than they would against an adequate LF, and that's why he gets assists. His misplays inadvertantly lead to nice defensive stats for him because he's bad enough to turn a bunch of singles into (attempted) doubles. The "sports journalist" guy sure knows nothing for someone flaunting his supposed knowledge in this thread.

To sum up this whole "debate". . . Bonds is a cock. Bonds is also one of the 2 or 3 best offensive players in baseball history. Neither is disputable. Hate him all you want, but it won't change the fact that he is an all-time great, and a surefire, absolute lock, 100% no brainer despite the media bias, first ballet HOF'er unless he fails a steroid test between now and his retirement.

Edited by naiwf