The O.C

Laice07

Another good episode. This season definitely has a different feel, like a different director or a style of dialogue or something.

I can't way for next week. Jeri Ryan's character is supposed to be in for more episodes so it'll be weird to see how she appears. Caleb's will being a dud could be seen from a bit away, also makes things interesting.

I could've sworn that Ryan and Marissa had sex last season when he gave her a ride from somewhere. I just remember Marissa saying, "We haven't done THAT before".

• 1 month later...

Oh please don't let them go down the generic villain route with Taylor Townsend. They already went generic surfer kids with Marissa's new friends who, from my perspective, add absolutely nothing to the show. They dumped out on the Dean in 4 episodes, Charlotte's already the villain du jour, why go down that road with Taylor? She's easily the most interesting character on the show right now; can't they come up with a new character arc? Anyway my own personal reservations aside, it was a good enough episode. On the adult side of things, I like the idea that Sandy's actually going to have something to do this season, and I can't wait until Julie turns on Charlotte. I do see Sandy's new co-partner turning villain within after a few episodes though. As for the youngins, Ryan had absolutely the best moment of the episode with his sarcastic reaction to Taylor towards the beginning. My reservations about Marissa's latest storylines are obvious, but if they don't completely fuck up the Seth-Summer-Taylor thing (like they fucked up the Seth-Summer-Anna thing a few years ago), it could be great. Plenty of good, plenty of bad with this one. [/tangent]

So... thoughts?