The O.C

Laice07

So did anyone watch the first episode of season 3? What did you think of it?

overall it was a good first episode, not only did they introduce a new bitch, but I'm really wondering what the hell is going to happen with the relationship of Marissa and her mother. I have no idea what they're going to do in terms of direction, but I'm definently hooked. I was also surprised they didn't end it with a big cliffhanger.

I'm going to have to listen to all the highlights probably in Leadership tomorrow. I ain't looking forward to it, but did they discover that Marissa shot that guy at the end of last season?

Well it's a season premiere; season premieres are more about resolving the previous season's cliffhangers than introducing new ones. Overall I liked it. The whole first act had this interestingly surreal feel to it, a lot like last season's finale. The second act seemed like a bunch of vignettes thrown together, especially the fantastic 4's day at the beach. Marissa and Ryan were a bit wishy washy, but I suppose that's to be expected when one shot the other's only sibling. Jeri Ryan's character I'm not sure of; one can only hope she doesn't turn out to be another Oliver. All in all a decent season premiere; much better than "The Distance" last year.

I'm getting a psycho "Single White Female" vibe from Ryan's charecter
Edited by Laice_

I'm so glad they resolved the cliffhanger in the first episode and didn't drag it out.

I get a weird vibe about Jeri Ryan's character. I read in an interview with the show's creator that she may be working for someone and in turn, watching Kirsten in rehab.

Did anyone else think that after Ryan woke up they were going to try to write it all off as a dream?

Did anyone else think that after Ryan woke up they were going to try to write it all off as a dream?

I completely lost interest partway through Series 2 (And stopped watchig the last numerous episodes), things were getting stale and everything that could have been used had been used. Hopefully Season 3 will see an improvement, whenever it airs over here.

I completely lost interest partway through Series 2 (And stopped watchig the last numerous episodes), things were getting stale and everything that could have been used had been used. Hopefully Season 3 will see an improvement, whenever it airs over here.

Did you see "Rainy Day Women"? I thought that was the best episode of the entire series run so far.

Edited by YI

Did you see "Rainy Day Women"? I thought that was the best episode of the entire series run so far.

Was that the one with the whole Spider-Man ending scene? If so, it was alright. I was thinking more along the lines that the long running storylines just didn't cut it for me in Series 2. So the individual episodes were affected in my eyes. Whilst there were still individual moments of brilliance and some good comedy, the major storylines pissed me off. Caleb dying fucking sucks more than anything ever though. :(

Don't read if you haven't seen and don't wanna know.

Trey is in a coma but comes out later. Julie visits him and bribes him with money for him to say that it was Ryan who shot him. Melissa finds out and goes to Trey and says that he should make it right, which he does. At the end, Ryan goes to confront Trey but he isn't in the hospital bed. They go to the bus depot and Trey is on a bus to somewhere and leaves the O.C.

Julie is still in rehab and meets a mysterious women who tells her not to leave until she is ABSOLUTELY ready, pretty much telling her that she should stay and not go back to her family.

Julie is mad because Caleb's will cannot be read yet. I miss parts of this, nothing exciting yet.

Anything I forgot? I don't remember anything exciting between Seth or Summer happening yet.

So... episode 2 was really good. This season is taking the show in a completely new direction, and I'm thrilled with it. They're a bit more slapstick with Summer, the adult storylines are a bit less juvenile and, most importantly, they're not counting on Julie Cooper to carry the sleaze torch. It's so easy to point out how easy to hate (and thus incredibly effective) this new "Dean of Discipline" character is (although I think they seemed to go to the punch in the face awfully quickly), but it would be a crime to leave out how hilarious the Taylor Townsend character looks to be. Jeri Ryan was really effective this episode, and with all these things in mind, season 3 is showing one hell of a lot of promise.