Kempay Vs. Dochappy

Kempay and I agreed over yahoo to have a 10 round battle. in each round we will be creating a dvd cover for each WWE ppv that has ben broadcast this year. Here is a list and in what order we are going.

New years Revolution

Royal Rumble

No Way Out

Wrestlemania 21

Backlash

Judgement Day

ECW One Night Stand

Vengeance

Great American bash

Summerslam

After each round boting will happen first to 3 wins. The person with the most wins after the 10th round takes it all home

Worked on this off and on most of the day. I'm pretty happy the way everything turned out except the logo but I made do with what I had(Couldn't find a psd or high quality pic of the logo).

kempay will probably mow me down with his cover (he's awesome with wrestling graphics).

WWE New years Revolution DVD Cover

Warning image is big 1020 x 680 . I resized it as low as I could without much quality loss

good luck Kempay

Kempay's works better for this one. Doc's is much too dark and faded, and the logo is distorted badly. Kempay's is crisper, and while a wee bit graphic-intensive for a cover, it has a nice layout to it.

Just thought I'd add, Doc would have got my vote.

Dunno why but something about Kempay's put me off. It's mainly the front cover that didn't hit on me enough maybe. It's certainly good work, but Doc's just seemed to look better to me. The only thing I disliked on Doc's was the poor quality of the logo, other than that I really like the simpleness on the front.

Both good work either way, good stuff so far :)

I'd have voted Kempay. As a non-graphics person (ie.. not having any experience with creating them) I have a few things that I thought maybe I could add. Like many said, the logo on Doc's cover didn't work for me, it was pretty blurry. Another minor minor detail that threw me off on his was the misspelling of Jerry Lawler's name, the professionalism usually used by the WWE means that wouldn't happen. As for Kempay's, I like the idea but the background kind of screwed with the people's faces, for example Trips, and Batista who almost looks like he has Ultimate Warrior paint on his face.

That being said, both were years better than anything that I could hope to offer up, and I eagerly look forward to the next offerings from both Doc and Kempay.

Edited by What Would Jesus Do?

finally got this one done. It was a bitch to design this one (mainly the brick portion) Can't wait to see what kempay comes up with.

Here's the 3d preview

royalrumble2005coverbig3d8bh.jpg

Heres the full view