Rebirth of the Manager

oldskool

OOC: Italics is spoken, normal text is thought.

Mr. McMahon will see you now, sir.

OK, now just act normal, like you do this all the time, don't make an ass of yourself...

Ah, nice to meet you. Vince McMahon.

Ahtuhbula.

Fuck.

...Yeah, I get that a lot.

Thank god I'm not the only dipshit to not be able to sputter out a comprehensible word to the boss.

Now, let's get down to business, before I get any more...surprises.

Um, uh....ok.

Now, normally we wouldn't be in the market for a male manager...but in this case we are in dire need of one.

I see, that is a problem...

Yes, thank you for that update of my current booking position.

Fuck. Burned by the boss three sentences in.

...sorry...

Bwahaha....you young punks always fall for that one. I love doing that...

So, why have I been called in today, sir?

Right back to business...I like that, kid. I brought you here because there's been a change in plans. You see....

Oh fuck, I'm fired. I thought I had it made, quitting my NWA: Upstate managerial job for a spot in OVW and now it's all down the toilet. Sonofabitch...

So what do you think?

I...I'm sorry to hear it, I guess...

You're sorry that you'll be at RAW Homecoming backstage?

I really need to start paying closer attention.

Wha? No...I...I thought you were joking again, y'know...

No, I'm quite serious; we've made special arrangements so that your client will also be at Homecoming...and you'll even be involved on-screen, how's that sound?

How's it sound? BAH GAWD!

That sounds...wonderful...too good to be true, almost...

So here I am. RAW Homecoming.

Hey kid, come check this out. Look out there.

Fuck...that's a loooot of people.

Wow...

Hope you're ready kid, you two are running in on this next match.

What? Why was I not informed ahead of time?

It's more fun to watch your face when I tell you five minutes ahead rather than five hours. Come on kid, I'm Vince McMahon, let me have some fun at your expense, huh?

Wait, we're running in on the women's match???

Joe's up to date, since he does all the work. Talk with him, he'll catch you up in a hurry.

Joe?

Yeah?

Um...hi, I'm your manager...

So you're the guy. Samoa Joe, nice to meetcha.

Yeah, likewise...um, normally I'd be marking out, but we're on during this next match and I kinda just found out about this now.

No gimmick updates? No idea what to do or say?

Not a freakin clue.

Don't worry. We trot down the ramp, I go in and trash all five of them, breakin up the match, ya? Then you just raise my hand in the air, RAW goes to commercial and we head back for an interview with that Grisham loser.

You don't like him either?

Not that I don't like him...I don't swing that way, that's all. Almost time, man, we better head to the gorilla.

Joe?

Yeah?

Why'd you give it all up for here? RoH...TNA...you were just on TNA two nights ago, and you'll be on again at midnight!

All that shit you hear about contracts on the internet...bullshit man. They put that shit on the net before the contract's drawn up, figuring once the net finds out you signed for them, you'll have to or else everyone will think you're a sellout.

So...

I never signed for anybody but Vince. Contract just came a few nights ago, said if he got it before Saturday, I'd be at homecoming...and here I am. Come on, we're gonna be late.

Who would have fucking thought. Three weeks ago I was just starting to get the flow of booking NWA:Upstate.

Three weeks later...I'd be watching RAW Homecoming.

From the gorilla position.

Next to Samoa Joe.

About to run in.

And ruin a perfectly good bra and panties handicap match.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince speaking didn't really seem like Vince, Joe was kinda like Joe.

In a diary like this, I think what the people say backstage really has to be written well and so far I don't know if thats going to happen.

The actual idea of the diary is a good one though, obviously there are some problems with the actual Joe coming in etc stuff but I'm not super bothered by that.

I'll be checking back, hopefully something interesting will greet me on my way in.

So here we stand, Samoa Joe and I, ready to make our WWE debut.

Ready, man?

Ready as I'll ever be.

Joe, go!

And with that, we're off.

Joe's practically running....well he appears to be, but everything is in slow motion. There are literally thousands of people watching this free T&A show, and one by one they're slowly glancing at the ramp and seeing Joe march down the ramp, followed by some nerdy-looking guy in a suit.

Bah gawd, who the hell is that?

What's he doing here JR?

Aww, I dunno but I gotta bad feelin bout this!

Interesting update, again the actual speaking was lacking if you ask me, but it didn't bother me THAT much. I liked the way the actual story is moving along.

In time maybe the talking will get better, hopefully for the mean time the compelling story will stick around

Keep it up!

We walked through the doors and were met with about 20 faces, some I'd seen, some I hadn't. I gave a polite greeting nod to the room, and sat down next to Joe.

All right folks, they've made their debut, now where are we gonna go with them? Any ideas?

One guy raised his hand, and then described some elongated process where Joe would be suspected to be a wifebeater, only to bring in his "wife" and have her be abusive towards him instead. Vince shot that one down, thankfully.

A young lady stepped up and suggested that he become an anti-women's wrestling figure, ruining all women's matches, leading up to an inevitable Joe/Women's champion match. A few nods of acceptance went around, and then Vince spoke up and asked me what I thought.

Well, it's not a bad idea, but I don't think we should use it. If the media finds out we're running an angle about a guy that hates women's wrestling, and he runs in on all their matches, everyone will be screaming discrimination at us for it....and what happens after the blowoff? If he wins, everyone expected it and he's no better off than he was...if he loses, well, he's finished as far as being over goes...no disrespect to the women's wrestlers out there, but this guy held the RoH title for over a year...it'd shit on their legacy as well as his to be jobbed out to the women's champion.

Wow....that was really thought out, and in a short timespan too. Where'd you learn that, kid?

Eh. You have to be booked in some crummy gimmicks a few times before you pick up on the finer art of finding ways to get out of a gimmick, regardless of how good it may be.

Well, all right, I might as well ask you and Joe if you have any ideas on which way to go with yourselves.

Joe looked over to me, gave me a shrug and told me to tell them.

Well...I was thinking that I could be his agent, and Joe would be this....well, for lack of a better term, an Ultimate Warrior. Not like, face paint, rope shaking, armbands, not like that, but....Joe has too much natural talent to stick him with a gimmick that only lets him use one facet of it. If we put him over as this machine, not a monster, we can open a lot of doors for feuds.

I hate to stop you there, but this is a committee...anyone have any objections so far? Ideas?

All shook their heads, and looked back to me.

For example...we can put him in there with Kurt or Benoit, and he doesn't have to win, just mat wrestle with them, keep up, y'know? He can go in with a cruiserweight and just throw them around the ring...put him in with a Snitsky or a Big Show and he just outmaneuvers them, high-flying moves to take them down and then the mat-based submission style to get a win.

Hmm, very versatile, I like it. Anyone else want to share?

The young lady who spoke up earlier voiced her support, as did a few other men. Stephanie stood up and also supported it, and the wheels were set in motion for the booking sheet for next week's RAW.

Guest SquadBoy

Hmm, I'm just now reading this. I disagree with Cole, I think the writing is actually pretty good. I like how you describe the events the Manager goes through, it's a really good idea of a diary. I'll read.

Be ready guys, you're headed out first.

The adrenalin began to gently flow. It's a rather odd feeling, to have adrenalin slowly pump through you. Everyone knows of the adrenalin rush...does anybody know of the adrenalin slow-paced trot?

Ready, bro?

Ready.

Vince gave the signal, Joe pushed the curtain aside and we marched down to the ring. Lillian Garcia (nice lady, by the way) passed me a mic at my demand/request.

You saw the awesome power of my client one week ago...five wrestlers were in this very ring...and my client decimated them, just as you people would decimate a box of donuts!

Don't you boo me for telling the truth, you sorry pieces of trash, each and every one of you wishes you were in the position my client was in just last week!

Now, we don't actually work here yet, but what the hell, anybody in the back want to come out and do something about it?

I really liked the writing during the meeting but then in the backstage didn't sound like Vince or Steph, and Steph wondering why people without knowledge are working the backstage?! HA!

Pot.Kettle.Black?

Yes.

I don't overly like the way your character talks on screen but I guess thats just him, can't say that might not be realistic because it's a new character, he's starting to grow on me anyway.

Again, you have me interested...I'm still reading!

Edited by Cole

All right, Joe and Eric need an on-screen name. Ideas?

Well, I could always be The Master. I'm kind of a master, in that I appear to have complete control over Joe here, doing what I say, when I say and nothing else.

I like it...anyone else?

A few others voiced support for The Master, but one guy stepped up and said it was somewhat similar to the Masterpiece. Agreements all around, and it's shot down.

Anything else?

Why not just...Samoa Joe?

Hm. It has some promise. Todd can come up to us next week and once again ask who we are. I just get pissed and blurt out "Joe, he's from Samoa...He's Samoa freakin Joe, all right?" and then Joe goes to attack Todd again, but somebody stops him...

Whoa whoa whoa...all in favor?

Hands fly up.

All right, we'll run with it. Joe, you're...Joe.

Eric...you don't mind staying as his agent, do you?

I guess, for now it will work, but at some point I'd like a name.

We'll keep that in mind, thank you both for coming; we'll see you at RAW everybody, meeting dismissed.

Sir! Just....who the hell are you?

Do you EVER give up? He's Joe...all right? He's from Samoa, and his name is Joe...you can call him Samoa Joe for all I care, just get out of my way, we have work to do. Come along, Joe.

Guest H Effect

dude, i really like this diary. Im finding it extremely entertaining. Can't wait for the next update...keep em coming coz reading these is distracting me from the fact that my TEW wont work.

Keep em rollin in!

Good update, I like your sticking with Samoa Joe as the name. Hopefully, you guys will get a soild feud or something soon.

I'd like to see more on-screen action, but I think we'll see more monster stuff first, which is needed to start the gimmick strong.

Keep up the great work, it's moving along nicely.

As Joe and I walked around backstage, we stumbled across Vince having a discussion with someone neither of us recognized.

Joe, Eric, just the two I wanted to see, come on over.

This man is the USA representative, and after much debate...we've decided to give the green-light to your opponent at Taboo Tuesday, Joe.

Wow. We're at the show for two weeks and we're on Taboo Tuesday?

Thank you sir...but who is it?

You'll have to wait and see. There's a "match" of yours coming up, Joe, head on out. The referee will fill you in on the game plan.

I'm not sure what it takes to get offered a contract around here...so let's get this over with, what loser's going to come out and try to stop Samoa Joe this week?

So far I like everything. Very nice concept, although I feel the writing will improve as you go along and get the feel for everything. Samoa Joe was a good client choice. One thing I think you should emphasize is promos. Your manager needs a personality, on and off screen.

It also seems a little obvious to me that the attacker is Brock Lesnar. Who cares, though? Lesnar vs Joe will fucking own.

Another good update, It's good to see you getting into a storyline of sorts.

The one thing I dislike is the fact you use McMahon and other writers backstage and yet don't portray them as if they would be. Almost like a SDvs.Raw game, It's not a huge problem but Vince sending stars out without knowing things isn't something that would happen.

It does fit the diary though, and it's not a huge deal. As long as the on-screen stuff is good, I'm not totally bothered.