WCW 2001 - Make them believe

jayden

Spring Stampede was a good show, I liked the way you made O'Haire seem like a true bad ass. And Goldberg being Booker's challenger was a big surprise. Sucks that Goldberg left though, Since he was probably WCW's top star at the time. I loved Lance Storm's interview, And I can't wait to see what will happen when Sting shows up to fight him. I could care less about any of the releases you made, They weren't bringing anything to the table anymore, Atleast Funk went out jobbing. Anyways, Good PPV, And hopefully Alex Wright will be at the next one :D

I'd promised myself this month would be different in so many ways. Last month I was finding my feet, booking on the fly, and dealing with a roster that had little faith in me. This time, there'd be no last minute rush to get the Pay Per View worked out. This time I was already thinking Slamboree. I spoke with Eric and he'd already started the promotion for the show. My only request was that Awesome, Storm, Booker and Van Dam featured heavily in the promotion because I'd already decided on building the show around them. If Spring Stampede got a positive response with little time to organise and build, then Slamboree represented our chance to really set the tone on where we were taking WCW. I'd toyed with going back to the real roots of Slamboree and putting on a "legends" show. I could have got Dusty back in the ring, maybe Zbysko, but beyond that I couldn't see anyone else on the current roster and scouring the industry the guys who should be out to pasture and making "legends" type appearances, like Hogan and Savage, would never be coming in to wrestle a couple of old farts. I toyed with it but decided against it. I wanted to acknowledge the past but there had to be better ways than just bringing back a load of old guys for one night. No, this was the new WCW recognising tradition. I had some ideas, I pretty much had that whole Slamboree show played out in my head, but it would be time for the new guys to shine. Damn, I gotta get to the arena, Nitro's in like five hours.....

IPB Image

credit the Imperfect for pics

Edited by jayden

• 1 year later...