I'm Finally Getting A New Computer!

Miami Vice

It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally getting a new computer! I'm making a major upgrade from what I have right now and am really looking forward to it. Please let me know what you think of my new machine.

Current Computer

- P3 500MHz

- Geforce 2 64mb Videocard

- 384MB PCI Ram

- 93.5 GB Harddrive

- 40x16x48 CD-RW

- Windows XP Home Edition (upgrade)

- 17' inch Monitor

MY NEW COMPUTER!

- P4 2.8GHz

- ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB Videocard

- 512MB DDR Ram

- 160GB Hardrive

- DVD +/- RW

- Windows XP Home Edition (Full Version)

- 19' inch flat screen monitor

So is this a good step in the right direction? What are your thoughts? Also, what are the specs of your computer?

Looks pretty good.

that's a weird hard drive size

That would be the formated hard drive size, when you format a hard drive you lose some space, that's why when they advertise a 80gb hard drive like mine it becomes a 74.5 gb one. It's kind of misleading by the companies but hey what you gonna do?

That would be the formated hard drive size, when you format a hard drive you lose some space, that's why when they advertise a 80gb hard drive like mine it becomes a 74.5 gb one. It's kind of misleading by the companies but hey what you gonna do?

I figured that. So it would be a 100 GB Unformatted?

Edited by The Mark Of Excellence

That's a sweet new computer, Congrats! I'm still stuck with a Pentium 3 800 Mhz computer with 128 Mb of RAM. That is nothing compared to yours. But my baby is still here, and I still use it, so its all good :smug:

So here I am, now talking to you on my new machine. I've had it for about 30 mins and let me tell you, it's a beast.

To answer one of your earlier questions, the reason my old harddrive was 13.5 was because the original was 13.5. We then purchased an 80 gig drive to act as a slave drive.

To answer another question, the total for the computer was around $1600 canadian.

Thanks for your support for my new computer, I really love it!

Les' see...

28.8k Modem

Windows 98 (2nd edition)

Pentium II

192 MB RAM

74.5 GB HD

and more crap.

Welcome to the stone age, gents.