November Contest!

Apologies for the delay everyone...AJ got caught up with other things and couldn't keep up with the graphics forum due to them, and what with the lack of judges from before and everything...I decided to step in and offer help, so here I am now.

As far as the July and August contests, I've no clue who won those unfortunately as I don't have the scores and, at this point, I think it's too long-gone now to figure out. If everyone wants a winner for those two instead of just moving on, I'll ask AJ to send the judgings he received as well as his own, and we'll either only use those scores or, if need be, I'll pull out of whichever ones I entered and just judge the rest myself.

Now then, for this month's contest....

NOVEMBER CONTEST

Theme: Pick a war, any war. No matter how long ago the war was, you can still use it. Now that you've got your war picked...make a propaganda poster for one side of the war, and try to make it look as authentic as you can. Be creative about this, try to research the topic a little and look at propaganda posters already made or, if there are none for your war, think of what the side you've chosen would have said if they could have made one.

Restrictions: You must show your sources (Photos used, etc...link to'm.), and if you got the idea from another propaganda poster, it'd be cool to link to it for comparison.

Size: No particular size needed, but it'd be appreciated if the poster wasn't too small or too large.

Posters can be done in landscape or portrait style.

Now then, for your do's and don'ts:

DO...

...use a reliable host, as the contest won't be judged until AFTER the deadline, and any images that don't appear, or have been swallowed by the dreaded red X, cannot be judged.

...link to your entry, IF you feel that the poster size is too large to post. I think that, other then some of our slower users, we can all handle several graphics of moderate sizes being posted--however, for the love of God, if the graphic is large...don't post the picture, just post a link to it.

DO NOT...

...enter more then once. You can make corrections on your graphic, you can replace it with a NEW graphic, but the fact is you only get ONE entry. However, all edits/replacements/corrections can only be made BEFORE deadline. If any graphics are caught changed post-deadline, the user will be disqualified.

...post about wanting to be a judge. I would rather people participate in the contest itself. I'll contact people about judging this thing when the time comes, and if I have a shortage of judges, I will ask someone in the contest if they'd be willing to withdraw and be a judge, simple as that.

Alright peeps, let's get things started again! You have all month to think of something, and I want a good turn-out! Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Forgot to pin the topic. Just learning these controls for now :P

Edited by Norris Scott

I don't think it's a good idea to just scrap the July and August contests. I think you should put up those results before getting underway with the November one.

Its not really that big of a deal, its as if this forum is under new management, Norris is no way responsible for past events that happened here.

Does it have to be a real war? Or can we do posters for fictional wars, from stories etc?

Real war (Y)

Guest muddatrucker

Thats very sloppy, I don't like the teared paper effect, looks like 2 different sized brushes randomly scraped along the sides, the middle is completely dull too, can't see hardly anything.

I might have a go if I can get a version of photoshop on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Dissapointing turnout...hopefully we'll have more entries next month.

Alright folks, I need three judges...any volunteers?

PM me your scores when you do'm, Biggz...thanks.

Alright, since only two judgements came in, here's what I'm doing folks.

When AJ ran this, he normally had three judges alongside of him, but it usually delayed the next month's contest due to the wait for people to volunteer.

So I'm imposing a monthly deadline on judges. For each contest, I will wait up until the 5th day of the month-after, before I just take the scores I have and go with them.

Right now I have Ad and Biggz's scores...should anyone else want to judge, you have two days.

Once I feel I have enough scores (Cap on judges is 5, myself included), or once the 5th of December roles around...results will be posted.

NovContest05.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO FLOWZEN KING! He's this month's graphic contest winner!

By winning monthly contests, your 'rank' in the graphics forum is increased. At the end of the year, scores are calculated to determine EWB's "Graphic Designer of the Year".

Unfortunately, this year will not count... however the scores from both November and December's contests will add on to next year's competition for the top three from both months. It pays to be active! :D