Romance Bloody Romance

RPS

With the recent trend of remix albums popping up everywhere [bloc Party, Annie] it only made sense for DFA1979 to release one. And man does it fucking rock.

Romantic Rights is covered 4 times, but man it sounds pretty fucked up everytime.

Blood On Your Hands [Justice Remix] has to be fucking heard. It is really fucking good.

Another classic is Black History Month with a tinge of Final Fantasy [Owen Pallett of Arcade Fire, the violinist].

Fucking amazing, if you love DFA1979, check it out. If you love quirky dance tunes, check it out!

I was just about to make this topic. I got hold of it this morning, and have been listening to it since. The Romantic Rights remixes are fucking blinding. I never would have thought a remix album could be good, but this is awesome. Seriously, get it.

Anyone fancy recommending any other remix albums, while we're at it?

(If anyone says the Limp Bizkit one, I shall not be happy....)

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm Remixed

and

Le Tigre - Remix and This Island Remix

Are a couple just off the top of my hand. I am sure you can expect a lot of indie bands to pick up on the trend.

Owen Pallett is the fucking MAN!

If you have seen him live, than you know that he is fucking off the wall. It is the spirit of rock and roll channelled through a violin. His live show prior to Has A Good Home was fucking crazy; now it is a little more tame.