Doctor Who 2006 (Spoilers)

The One Bad Ass Outlaw

cyberman2006long.jpg

Filming is now underway in Cardiff for the long-awaited return of the Cybermen. The two-part adventure, written by Tom McRae, sees The Doctor and companions battle against a new, more deadly breed of Cybermen who are out to convert humanity into their own kind.

Producer, Phil Collinson says: "The villainous Cybermen are as much a part of Doctor Who heritage as the Daleks and so it's a huge personal thrill to see them back. I hope that the evil silver giants will terrify a whole new generation of viewers as they confront the tenth Time Lord."

The sinister breed of monsters; second only to the Daleks in their infamy made their first appearance in 1966 and haven't darkened our screens since 1988. Next year will mark their 40th anniversary.

Originally created by Kit Pedler and Gerry Davis, (also the creators of Doomwatch), the modernised version have been superbly redesigned by Edward Thomas's design team and Neil Gorton at Millennium FX.

The episodes which will be seen next year in the highly anticipated second series, directed by Graeme Harper, also stars Camille Coduri as Rose's mum Jackie, Noel Clarke as Rose's hapless boyfriend Mickey, Roger Lloyd-Pack as the monstrous John Lumic, Andrew Hayden-Smith as Jake Simmonds and Shaun Dingwall returns as Peter Tyler, Rose's dad.

<< Once played a Cyberman

I agree it'd be nice to see some new villains in there balanced with the old. I think they semi-planned it with trying to turn the Slitheen into regulars but they didn't cxatch the imagination too much, but there may be room to build up the race in the new series with a couple of good episodes.

I agree it'd be nice to see some new villains in there balanced with the old. I think they semi-planned it with trying to turn the Slitheen into regulars but they didn't cxatch the imagination too much, but there may be room to build up the race in the new series with a couple of good episodes.

Oh aye I forgot about the Slitheen, but weren't they just a family of un-named aliens and all ended up dying?

Oh aye I forgot about the Slitheen, but weren't they just a family of un-named aliens and all ended up dying?