Link Wray passes away

VerbalPuke

I haven't been able to find a source for this yet, but it's been reported from various people I know. There's a bulletin from one the Link Wray myspace group I'm with which also mentions his passing. It's a shame that his death is seemingly flying under the radar considering all he did for music. He is the man responsible for the power chord, and a lot of heavier bands owe him a debt of gratitude to this rock and roll pioneer.

Some of you may recognize Link Wray's music from the movie Pulp Fiction. His songs "Rumble" and "Ace of Spades" appear in the movie.

A funny story about the song "Rumble" is that it was banned from public airwaves in the late 1950s because it was deemed to lewd for the airwaves. Funnily enough, the song does not have any vocals.

RIP Link, if only more music fans knew what you brought to the table.

Shit.

I don't even know what to say to this, just....shit.

I might try and formulate something moving once I sober up, but for now...shit. R.I.P. Link Wray, I'll miss you, even if the mainstream couldn't give a fuck.