B-A-T-T-L-E

ok I've got a few.

A movie, based on your favorite book, is coming out. Make a poster for it, include the name of it and the author. Dimensions don't really matter to me.

There is going to be a huge music fest with talent that you get to choose. Make a poster featuring some of the names and pictures of who will be there. Feature when and where too.

Make a wallpaper of your favorite wrestler.

Guest Chaos Theory

AAT.png

After messing around with brushes and stuff and not liking anything that I did. I said to myself "Fuck It." Thus the result. I actually like it. Basiclly An American Tragedy is about a man that is supposed to marry a rich man's daughter, but knocks up a poor girl that works for his uncle in a factory. So he devises a plan to take the pregant girl and kill her while they go a canoe ride on a lake.

So yeah, thus the black and red. I probably should have chosen a diffrent font though.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Guest Chaos Theory

Wait...Wait...Wait.

So all of you are telling me you never seen a movie poster like that? That's a clasic movie poster. Infact it's those type of movie posters that usually gets my attention.

Well.... sort of. I've seen simple posters before, but the point of a movie poster is to tell you something about the movie.

Look at these

http://www.impawards.com/2004/nominees_best.html

They're all simple, but they tell me what the movie is about, and what I'm going to expect.

Yours tells me nothing.

Basiclly An American Tragedy is about a man that is supposed to marry a rich man's daughter, but knocks up a poor girl that works for his uncle in a factory. So he devises a plan to take the pregant girl and kill her while they go a canoe ride on a lake.

The poster I can see in my head is a dark lake, forest in the background, the moon is setting behind the trees. The lake takes up about seventy five percent of the vertical space on the poster. There is a canoe in the top thirty percent of that. There are two people in it, but you can't make them out in detail because the camera is zoomed out a long way. The bottom of the poster, which at the moment is just lake, would be used for an attractive movie title, as well as the catch line, stars and legal bs.

This didn't exactly turn out the way I was hoping to (since I couldn't figure out how to "wrap" the smiley face on the ball just right.) The book is infinite jest by David Foster Wallace, and I was trying to keep the visual style simlar to that of the book cover. I know it's rather plain as well, but I couldn't think of anything else to fill the space. In the end, I just didn't have the inspiration to start over, so I left what I had. *shrugs*

InfiniteJest.jpg

For anyone who's wondering, the book is about a tennis academy, which somehow gets involved in a terrorist plot to capture a video tape that is so addictive, anyone who watches it becomes obsessed with it and turns into a zombie capable of only watching the tape again and again and again. The tape is marked by a smily face, hence I've decided to throw it on a tennis ball.

Edited by Gongsun Zan