GameCube

Guest The Trooper

Guest The Trooper

Aparently Currys is selling a Gamecube (new) for around £25, the only problem is that i dont know if its worth the money. Anyone know any great games for it? (exclusives, i mean i have a PS2 with loads of multi-format games) and is it worth the money?

cheers

Most definately. On the multi-platform point I get every one for the Gamecube since they usually trounce the Playstation (I however can't compare to the Xbox).

Smash Brothers is just simply an awesome game to behold. The insanity you can develop in it is astounding. It's decent as a single player game (albeit admitedly can get rather dull just going at the computer) but it's a gem if you have even one other person to play with.

Despite people shitting on the graphics, Wind Waker is a great fun game. Perhaps not as hard as other Zelda games but it's filled me need for some light hearted fun and adventure lately.

Mario Kart: Double Dash I personally didn't like much but that's always a good aside.

My own issues with it aside, Metroid Prime is one of the most atmospheric and enchanting games you can come across. The sheer amount of it is awesome. The moment you look up into the rain and see your visor steam up, it'll grab you.

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, is also slightly in the vain of Zelda providing a light hearted adventure. Everything is quite refined and well put together. Little asides like Luigi's own simultaneous journey can be quite hilarious.

Also, if you like them, you can get every single Resident Evil game made, starting with the remake that would likely scare the shit out of you.

The Rogue Squadron games are also great fun, although if you can play with another person I'd get the third (since it contains all of Rogue Squadron II as a coop mode).

Day of Reckoning 1 or 2 are also decent plays, but as with all wrestling games have their faults. What it comes down to is if you like some of the features (create an entrance, better create a wrestler, interupting moves, unique counter sets, "No Mercy" style play, etc.).

Super Mario Sunshine, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Battalion Wars, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Donkey Konga, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Superstar Baseball, Pikmin 1 & 2 (being far superior) and the Mario Party games are all also exclusive and depending on your tastes may be to your liking. There's a fair bit of other stuff, but eh that's a start.

Then you have things like the Sonic Adventures games, Twin Snakes and Skies of Arcadia Legends which are all pretty much ports or reworkings of already established games (mostly Dreamcast games that some people may not have played).

The Gamecube is a very good choice for a system to have, especially at that price. You can't really go wrong.