The Office

Tarheels.

My problem with the US version was I thought they tried to make Gareth too geeky, by like having him fat and wear glasses. The thing about Mackenzie Crook is that he's just hilarious to look at, and he really nailed that character. I thought the US Brent was classic though, the guy from 40 Year Old virgin did it quite well.

And obviously the US version had no excellent cameo from Matthew Holness as the IT geek.

The british one is amazingly brillian the US one is good, but different. Not all characters were supposed to neccessarilly fully match the British office...so there are aspects that made the british one what it was missing from the American one. I never got into the American one, though I loved Steve Corell on the daily show.

My top favs is the 'Office Fun Day?', where Brent's higher ups do a great dance number, and Brent responds with just rediculously awkard dance number; training day; The epidisode where everone goes out drinking and Brent says something really rude to a girl drunk. Gareth gets invited to a 2 on 1 3some with another bloke. Antoher favourite is when Brent gives the speech ath the company...where he uses music for a his exit.

And you gotta love the Music video in the official special.

I very much love the show.

Ricky Jervais' solo specials are also quite classic.

The epidisode where everone goes out drinking and Brent says something really rude to a girl drunk. Gareth gets invited to a 2 on 1 3some with another bloke. Antoher favourite is when Brent gives the speech ath the company...where he uses music for a his exit.

My favourite line from the Office (UK version) may not be the most hilarious, but its just the way its delivered. Earlier in the episode, Brent brings his dog into the office to meet everyone. This scene is at the Christmas party, and Brents date (who he got on really well with) has just gone home.

Neil: No dog with you today David?

Chris Finch: Oh, didn't you see? She just left!

*Neil and Finchy laugh*

Brent: Chris?

Finch: Yeah?

Brent: Why dont you fuck off?

*Brent glances quickly at Neil and walks off, leaving the other two stunned*