WWE 2006 - A New Era of Sports Entertainment

alldaws1

A good little batch of shows. Firstly, I'm a little disappointed that Flair lost the IC strap to Booker, but it seems like you are going to make it out to be a neat little feud. I probably would have rather seen Booker lay out Flair and get a DQ, then have that restaurant angle, and then they have a title for title at No Way Out.

I also hope that Triple H does not beat RVD at No Way Out. I think it would be really cool to have a "different" Main Event for Wrestlemania, with RVD and Cena going at it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shows as of late. I really liked the Flair restruant scene and thought it captured his style nicely. I'm dying to see where this Boogeyman/Lashley storyline is going. My guess is Boogeyman turns Lashley into his hypnotized slave/tag team partner and they go for a run for the tag team titles. I also like the Main Event feuds, it's all working out quite nicely. I'm rooting for Edge defeating Cena at No Way Out and going on to face RVD at Mania with Cena and Triple H doing their own feud or just getting a Fatal Fourway for the mainevent of WrestleMania. So far loving every bit of it, keep it coming :)

I'm back now!

Raw - Feb. Week 1

- 4 way feud for the belt? Ooooh, interesting...I find it funny they were all pre-brand disband Raw Superstars.

- I like Simon Dean, must have more of him.

- Hmmm, interesting No Way Out video. Looks like we'll have a cage match...Now who?

- I see some problems with the Mexicool's, chances are we'll see the group split up and maybe one guy kept.

- Meh, Orton/Angle was meh by it's self I guess, now with Bob Orton it's getting bad. Didn't like that angle.

- Like the finish, the feud looks like it might get some steam.

Smackdown - Feb. Week 1

- Meh, Master's could be big, I guess not here.

- Yep, more Mexicool stuff, I like the clever way you're doing it.

- I've always considered doing a Lashley/Boogeyman feud myself, seems like other things you've beat me too it.

- Booker is a double champion, thats cool, Flair is too good for the IC belt anyway, hopefully Booker just merges the two.

- Good ending to SD! Just like Raw, I really like the way you're booking this. I'd like to see Edge get his title shot 1v1 at NWO in the Cage (to keep the others out or whatever) and then if you must, at Mania have a 4 way. Would be great.

As for all of the new show stuff, that's cool, you kinda need a 'B' show to get your lower talent over.

Raw - Feb. Week 2

- I hope Van Dam can retain the title shot, I want to see something new. Actually, best case would be a draw so they both go on...

- A small push for London is good, I like him. Looks like Chavo/Kash though, whatever...I'll see where it goes.

- Mexicool segment wasn't something I liked this time around, as basic as it was, I didn't like that Lawler did the interviewing, that just bothered me for some reason.

- I liked that Lashley didn't break the hold, yet it still made him look strong because he would have without Boogeyman. I'm still interested by the Lashley/Boogeyman feud...

- I can actually see Matt Hardy turning heel on Rey in this situation and not showing up to their match...

- Angle fought off the two, nice. Still, not really interested with the feud...

- Swerve on the resturant stuff, could have been done different but you did it your way, whatever. I'm looking for this match be the last one for the two titles and they they get merged.

-

I'm now all caught up! Finally :) I like what you're doing here man, it seems like you've got everything under control as well.

Keep up the solid work!

IPB Image

Contract Signing

Friday February W2, 2006

Last Friday night on SmackDown, Edge announced that he would be cashing in his "Money in the Bank" WWE Championship shot at No Way Out. This past Monday on RAW, Vince McMahon confirmed that Edge would be wrestling John Cena for the gold at No Way Out in just over a week. This week on SmackDown the match will be made official with an in-ring contract signing. Mr McMahon has also said that he will reveal what type of match Edge and Cena will be competing in at the pay-per-view.

United States Champion Booker T also became the Intercontinental Champion last Friday night by beating "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Monday night on RAW Ric Flair interrupted a celebratory meal between Booker T and Sharmell, attacking Booker and revealing that the two men would clash for both the United States and Intercontinental Championships at No Way Out. Booker T is scheduled to be on SmackDown and we'll hopefully get his reaction on facing "The Nature Boy" a week on Sunday.

Angered and fed up with being outnumbered and sneak attacked by Randy and "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Kurt Angle called both men out last Monday night. The Ortons obliged, but their physical assault didn't go to plan as Angle ran them both off with a steel chair. WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will be seeing to the situation between the Ortons and Angle on SmackDown, but what does McMahon have up his sleeve?

Vowing to get revenge for his tag team partner Matt Hardy who was brutally assaulted by World Tag Team Champions MNM last week, Rey Mysterio challenged Johnny Nitro in singles competition on RAW. Joey Mercury and Melina's interference secured the win for Nitro and left Mysterio down and out. Rey will again try to exact some revenge on SmackDown as he has challenged Joey Mercury. Tune in to see if "The Master of the 619" can avenge his partner's beating.

Also on RAW Monday night, Mr McMahon gave Triple H a chance to headline another WrestleMania. "The Game" will do battle at No Way Out against Rob Van Dam, with RVD's WrestleMania WWE Title shot on the line. Knowing Triple H's history, it's likely that "The Game" will try to one-up RVD and take an advantage into their encounter in just over a week, be it mentally or physically. Find out what, if anything, Triple H will do by watching SmackDown this Friday night.

Lashley was the closest anybody has ever been to breaking out of the Master Lock on RAW this week, that was until The Boogeyman showed up. Lashley's lapse in concentration paved the way for Masters to cinch in his finisher and force Lashley into an unconscious state. The Boogeyman then carried Lashley away and out of sight. Will we find out what he did with Lashley on SmackDown?

On RAW The Mexicools insisted that they were still on the same page and would return to their winning ways, despite their recent troubles. Find out if they can this Friday as all three will be part of a six-man tag team match on SmackDown.

Tune into SmackDown this week at 8/7 CT on UPN!

Great stuff. I enjoyed the last RAW episode. Here are my thoughts on the last week or two in your diary.

- So far , im really not interested in the Mexicools. I just think that its been done too many times for me to care. If you twisted it a bit i would be interested. For example , instead of Juvi turning have Super Crazy turn on Juvi and Psicosis or something like that.

- While im stating the bad parts , heres another one. I dislike the Lashley/Boogeyman fued. I would allways do it but the way your booking it , i just don't like it. I can't really explain it , im interested but it just seems dodgy.

- The last bad thing. You seem to have this weird thing where you ALLWAYS seem to use either Carlito or Chris Masters in your mainevents against Cena , Batista etc. Its obvious who is going to win , you should get different people in , bigger names and let these other guys develop by putting them in midcard fueds , maybe with each other ?. I have allways wanted to see Masters v Carlito in a diary.

- I think the Tag Team Title situation is nice and fresh. I loke that you still have the titles on MNM. Like i said a few weeks ago , i would love to see either Hardy or Mysterio turn , i've been waiting ever since your diary started and i just have that feeling it will happen. Good luck in booking this fued , its been a good read so far.

- One of my favourite fueds has to be this US and IC Title fued. I really like the angles so far. I was shocked that Booker won the title out of nowhere there. So far you really have done a good job giving Booker lots of credibility. His been booked superberly so far and having him in a fued with the Nature Boy is going to be great - I hope. If you can keep it fresh , then i hope for this fued to last up to Wrestlemania.

- I kinda didn't want you to have RVD v HHH but i guess it had to happen to fill in the card. I would be pretty angry if you let HHH win just because Cena is face. RVD won the rumble so basically he should headline WM. I just think you should try something different for WM aswell. HHH is headlining every year , let someone else do it , in a completely different kind of main event for WM.

- Finally , i am so far liking the World Title fued. Its one of my favourites. The booking has been good for it so far - I have a feeling i know who's going to win but i won't tell. Good work on booking this.

Can't wait for Smackdown.

IPB Image

WHAT: WWE Friday Night SmackDown!

WHEN: Friday, February W2, 2006

WHERE: SBC Center, San Antonio, TX

CROWD: 12,854

Six-Man Tag Team

The Mexicools vs. William Regal, Paul Burchill & Trevor Murdoch

SmackDown kicked off this week with a chance for The Mexicools to get back on the same page after their recent troubles. All three were part of a six-man tag team match against the English tag team of William Regal and Paul Burchill who had teamed up with former World Tag Team Champion Trevor Murdoch. The Mexicans worked well right from the get-go, clearing the ring of their opponents and then individually leaping from the ring onto their adversaries. Once the referee could restore order, though, Regal, Burchill and Murdoch took control as they managed to isolate Psicosis and triple-team him at some points. Psicosis would eventually make a tag to Juventud, though, and "The Juice" cleaned house, the ring soon full with all six men brawling. The end would come when Murdoch and Burchill had been thrown from the ring and The Mexicools took advantage, using a three-on-one offense on Regal. Juvi connected with the Juvi Driver, setting up a tandem high-flying maneuver, Psicosis nailing Regal with a Guillotine Leg Drop as Super Crazy came off the opposite corner with a moonsault. The pinfall was academic and The Mexicools were back to winning ways.

Our first backstage scene of the night was of Randy and "Cowboy" Bob Orton in Vince McMahon's office. Their foe of recent weeks, Kurt Angle, walked in and immediately went nose-to-nose with "The Legend Killer", the Hall of Famer trying to seperate them. Vince McMahon then stormed into the office and seperated the two Superstars. McMahon then informed Angle and Orton that they would settle their problems at No Way Out when they would be meeting each other in an official match. Randy stepped away from Kurt grinned and mentioned that he was "fine with that" before leaving the office with his dad, Angle and Vince looking on.

Returning to the ringside area, Sharmell's music hit and she came out with a microphone. She introduced "your United States and now Intercontinental Champion - Booker T!" Booker's music hit and he joined Sharmell in the aisle before walking to the ring with her. Once between the ropes, Booker showed off both of his titles to the crowd and took the microphone from Sharmell. The champion said that he didn't appreciate Ric Flair "busting up" his and Sharmell's celebratory meal last Monday night. He then predicted he would gain a measure of revenge at No Way Out by "beating that sucka (Ric Flair) so bad he's gonna finally retire." After a few more insults directed at Flair and more predictions of victory for Booker at the pay-per-view, the couple left the ring, the crowd booing them.

Singles

Rey Mysterio vs. World Tag Team Champion Joey Mercury (w/Melina & World Tag Team Champion Johnny Nitro)

Mysterio's attempt at gaining revenge for Matt Hardy fell short last Monday night when he lost to Johnny Nitro. "The Master of the 619" would again attempt to avenge his tag team partner's beating by challenging Joey Mercury. The match got underway, Mysterio using his quickness to outsmart the World Tag Team Champion. The action quickly spilled to the outside as Mercury lifted Mysterio over the ropes. As Mercury recuperated in the ring, Mysterio was able to trick the referee into thinking Nitro had attacked him at ringside. Despite Nitro's honest claims that he hadn't done anything, the referee ejected him from ringside! Mercury and Melina disputed the call, but got nowhere and Rey Mysterio took control with a dropkick to Mercury. He went for an early 619, but failed to connect. The match continued at a fast pace with both men getting in some strong offensive maneuvers. As Mercury was again set for the 619, Melina climbed onto the apron and proved a distraction to the referee as Johnny Nitro returned to ringside, jumping out of the crowd and into the ring! Mysterio fought Nitro away, but was quickly rolled up tightly by his opponent. The referee turned around just in time to count a three! Mysterio was clearly frustrated after the pinfall and he went to attack Mercury, only to be double-teamed by the World Tag Team Champions, eventually being driven to the mat with a Snapshot. MNM retreated up the aisle with their titles, taunting Mysterio, whose chances at tag team gold had faded quickly.

For the first time in weeks, Ken Kennedy was backstage. Kennedy introduced himself and dissed whoever was keeping him off of television. Kennedy introduced his guest at that time - WWE Hall of Famer "Cowboy" Bob Orton. Kennedy insulted Bob's hat before seriously asking him what he thought of his son's chances at No Way Out against Kurt Angle. The Hall of Famer asked Kennedy if he was kidding before going on to say that his son was "The Legend Killer", he's "killed" the "best the business has to offer" so there was no reason to think Randy wouldn't be able to defeat "some Olympic jackass". "Cowboy" Bob reiterated his prediction that Randy would be victorious at No Way Out before ending the interview.

Ten-time World Champion Triple H came to the ring. "The Game" took a microphone and said that Vince McMahon was a "fair person" and he knew "what was right for the company." That, according to Triple H, was to have "The Cerebral Assassin" as the WWE Champion, headlining the pay-per-views to bring in the money - especially for WrestleMania. Triple H said that everyone in the SBC Center had paid to see him, that he was the only reason they were there and the only way their experience could have been better ("to lighten up their dull and pointless lives") would be to see the WWE Title around Triple H's waist. He went on to say that he would beat Rob Van Dam senseless at No Way Out and enjoy gaining the title shot he so rightfully deserves. After thinking it over for a moment or two, Triple H would then decide he didn't want to wait for No Way Out, he was ready to "kick RVD's ass right now!"

A few moments' pause followed Triple H challenging Rob Van Dam to meet him in the ring before "Mr Pay-Per-View" himself made his way out to the ring. Triple H dropped his microphone, removed his jacket and tie and began to roll up his shirt sleeves as Van Dam walked down and into the ring. Just as it looked like the two would clash heads, Triple H retreated and picked up his microphone again, warning Van Dam that he should see what Triple H is capable of. A bemused look came across RVD's face and Triple H told the "monkeys in the back" to roll the footage. A video package was then shown on the screen. It involved Triple H beating up various WWE Superstars with the Pedigree and sledgehammer shots as well as his top opponents over the years bleeding. As the package was coming to an end, Triple H slid to the outside of the ring, reaching under the apron for his sledgehammer and bringing it into the squared circle. The footage finished, but before Van Dam could turn to face his No Way Out opponent, he was struck from behind by the sledgehammer. "The Game" stood over the motionless Van Dam, raising the sledgehammer in the air, clearly proud of his actions. Michael Cole insulted Triple H, calling his actions "cowardly" on commentary as we went to a commercial break.

Singles

Hardcore Holly vs. Chris Masters

Hardcore Holly versus Chris Masters. Seasoned veteran versus young prospect. The Alabama Slam versus The Master Lock. The bout began with Hardcore Holly controlling the tempo, slicing away at his opponent's chest with stinging knife-edge chops. Holly would score a near fall following an impressive powerslam shortly after. Masters began a comeback once he found the opportunity to poke Hardcore in the eye and Masters' strength was put on display. "The Masterpiece" lifted Holly high into the air and held him there for a good ten/fifteen seconds before sending him back to the mat with a vertical suplex. The young prospect would look to end it there and then, sizing his adversary up for the Master Lock, but Hardcore managed to block it and fight back, nailing a standing dropkick for a two count. Holly signalled the end was near, but Masters was able to counter the Alabama Slam and moments later had Holly wrapped up in the Master Lock. The referee was soon calling for the bell, Hardcore Holly unable to respond from the pressure of the Master Lock.

Following another break, we returned to ringside awaiting the next action of the evening. That was when the arena lights turned red, smoke filled the ringside area and The Boogeyman's music sounded. He didn't appear, though, instead a video was played on the screen. Fading in from black we saw a damp stone floor and a thump was heard in the distance. The camera moved across the floor and suddenly there were worms covering every inch of the stone. The Boogeyman's voice echoed off of the walls as he sung a nursery rhyme about Lashley. We didn't see him, but we did see Lashley who was seemingly unconscious on the stone floor, in his wrestling attire, covered with worms that were crawling over his body. The scene suddenly went black again and we returned to the SBC Center.

In the interview area, RAW color commentator Jerry "The King" Lawler was standing by with the WWE Champion, John Cena. Lawler asked Cena what his thoughts were on his contract signing tonight and the announcement that Vince McMahon would be making concerning what type of match Cena would be defending his WWE Championship in against Edge at No Way Out. The champ said that Mr McMahon's announcement wouldn't change a thing - he was still going to "kick the holy hell" out of Edge and march on to WrestleMania, Chain Gang with him and WWE Title still around his waist.

Tag Team

Chavo Guerrero & Paul London vs. Jamie Noble & Nunzio

Before the match's competitors could make their entrances, Cruiserweight Champion of the World Kid Kash made his, apparently a guest commentator for the following match. The match began as you would expect from some of the best cruiserweights in the world - at a high-speed pace. Early on Paul London leaped over the top rope and took out Nunzio on the outside. London would then be grounded by Jamie Noble, though, who worked on his legs, even using the ring post to add further damage. The turning point in the match came as Nunzio was rocked with an enziguri and London was able to tag in Chavo. Guerrero went wild, knocking down both of his opponents and then rallying the crowd behind him. Noble tried to down Chavo, but instead his Tiger Bomb was countered in the way of a hurricanrana. London then tackled Noble through the ropes and to the outside, allowing Chavo to put the finishing touches on Nunzio, connecting with the Gory Bomb and picking up the victory via the three count.

Before Chavo could celebrate the victory, though, the Cruiserweight Champion, Kid Kash, left his commentary position and jumped him from behind, beating him down to the canvas. Guerrero was sent crashing to the mat with the Dead Level shortly after. Kid Kash held his Cruiserweight Title in the air as he stood over the fallen Guerrero.

The event everybody had been waiting for was up next as WWE Chairman Vince McMahon made his way down to the ring, which had been covered with a red carpet and "decorated" with a table and two chairs for the contract signing. McMahon, clipboard with contract on it in hand, took a microphone and introduced to the crowd the challenger for the WWE Championship at No Way Out - Edge. Lita accompanied Edge to the ring as usual and the challenger was shortly followed by WWE Champion John Cena who McMahon also introduced. The Superstars sat down in the chairs and the Chairman then went on to introduce a new type of match that the two would be competing in at No Way Out. McMahon said the match was all about the name of the pay-per-view. "In this match - there truly will be no way out." Vince described a regular steel cage match with a difference - the steel cage would have a roof. John Cena would defend his WWE Championship at No Way Out against Edge in an enclosed steel cage. The Chairman then asked for the participants signatures. Cena signed immediately, barely looking at the paper in front of him, instead choosing to stare straight at the challenger. Edge hesitated to sign the contract, taking a microphone and expressing his concerns over the enclosed steel cage. After a couple of minutes of thinking, Edge decided to take a look at the contract (Cena pretending to be asleep due to the time his pay-per-view opponent was taking). Edge scanned the contract, spotted something and looked up at Vince before again taking to the microphone. "There must be a mistake here, it says there will be three participants." With the crowd buzzing and Cena looking a bit confused, Mr McMahon, seemingly only just remembering to tell them, informed everyone that No Way Out's main event did indeed have a third competitor, making the match a triple threat, enclosed steel cage match.

As anticipation grew, a countdown started on the screen: "Y5J... Y4J...", the crowd went wild as the countdown continued, "Y3J... Y2J" Chris Jericho's music hit and "Y2J" himself came out from the back with the crowd going wild. Edge was in the ring, going beserk, yelling at Mr McMahon and knocking over his chair. Cena's reaction was a hard one to decipher, he just stood there, hands on hips, looking at Jericho. "The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah" entered the ring, shook hands with Mr McMahon and looked at the champion and Edge before approaching the table and quickly signing his name on the contract. Once everything had calmed down a bit, Vince took the contract and shoved it in Edge's direction. "Mr Money in the Bank" didn't take it, though, instead staring a whole through Jericho as SmackDown went off the air!

Holy tap-dancing christ on a cracker! Chris Jericho as a surprise triple threat contestent? BRILLIENT! What a twist!

Can't wait to see where the whole Boogeyman Lashley thing is going, and the vignette only holds me in anticipation.

Seemed sort of like the cruiserweight tag team match and the Holly/Masters match were just filler matches, but they told their stories, putting masters over and giving kash an opportunity to jump.

Overall I'd say it was a pretty good show. 7/10 IMO. Keep it up :)

Guest IncomingF5

Just an idea for cruiserweights...

Chavo is there and can get some sort of spiritual help from eddie...nunzio is good also...he works well with both chavo and kash..Juvi can possiblyu work well with them also...

you can also use London with some victories against Chavo and nunzio to maybe get him over.

Burchill, Regal and Murdoch is an interesting pairing...Anyway, Hopefully The Mexicool's good teamwork was a one time luck thing, I thought what you were doing with them was pretty cool.

Angle vs. Orton continued, ya...yada yada yada.

Van Dam vs. HHH is building well, I wonder who will take the blow-off :thumbsdown:

Lashley and Boogeyman = ratings!~ :w00t: I love the pairing for the feud.

Y2J, hot damn. Sure didn't expect that, the match should be great, I am a little skeptical about the actual match set up though, to be honest, it just sounds like a very weird idea.

Amazing diary man. I'm intrigued by most of the storylines, especially Lashley and the Boogeyman. The triple threat is a good idea. The matches this week just seemed weird to me.

Also, I got TEW 05 and I can't find an updated real world scenario. Care to show me the one you started with?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if im "bumping" but its a sticky right now so i don't see no harm in asking this question.

Are you giving this up or are you simply just busy with other things ? Just wondering because i would like to see this diary continue because its probably my favourite in the Dome.

Well I was able to get it up and going and do regular updates before because I had like a month off of school. Now I'm back and with coursework and exams to do I won't have much time for it, and to be honest I've lost some interest. The game is saved though, so if I feel I want to continue and have the time to do so I will definitely continue it. It probably won't be for a while though I'm afraid.

• 1 year later...