WWE 2006 - A New Era of Sports Entertainment

alldaws1

Royal Rumble Entrants: Carlito, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Edge, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro, Kurt Angle, Lashley, Matt Hardy, Matt Striker, Nunzio, Burchill, Paul London, Psicosis, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, Rob Conway, Rob Van Dam, Shelton Benjamin, Simon Dean, Snitsky, Super Crazy, The Boogeyman, Trevor Murdoch, Triple H, Tyson Tomko, William Regal, Mystery Entrant.

Royal Rumble Prediction Contest

Unification Match

World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. WWE Champion John Cena

I think we'll see Cena take this match, let Batista nehab his injury and see a 3 way match at Mania involving the FACE winner of the Royal Rumble.

United States Title

Kane vs. Booker T w/Sharmell

I can't see Kane as champ. Booker T would make a more pretigeous(sp.) champ.

Cruiserweight Title of the World

Cruiserweight Champion of the World Juventud vs. Kid Kash

I just like Kid Kash.

World Tag Team Titles

Hardy & Mysterio vs. The Mexicools vs. MNM w/Melina vs. Snitsky & Tomko

Let the heel, young tag take the win and let Hardy & Rey chase the titles up to No Way Out or WrestleMania.

Royal Rumble Match

Mystery Superstar

Bonus Questions:

Which match will take place first?

Cruiserweight Match

Who will be the mystery entrant in the Rumble?

Not sure if it's possible, but it could be Brock Lesnar. If not, it'll be Batista.

Who will be #1 in the Royal Rumble?

The Boogeyman

----------

There will be two points up for grabs for the Cena/Batista match, the second point is because it is a title match. It is not counted as a point per title, that's why it's just one extra point.

I know guessing who #1 in the Rumble will be difficult as there's a 1/30 chance you get it right, but that's the way it is :P

And yes, I will accept 'Mystery Entrant' if you think that person will win the Rumble or be #1.

Have no clue who the mystery entrant could be? It could be somebody on the current roster, it could be a former WWE wrestler returning, it could be a retired wrestler returning, hell it could even be some random indy guy. Take a guess. Have fun :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest king macho

Unification Match

I just think that in the feud Batista has been bulit up better and Batista should take the win

United States Title

I don't think you can really have Kane lose if the feud is going to end because of Kane already getting 2 wins, andi think Booker should be gettting a solid main event push in a few months down the line, not be caught up in the US title.

Kash only because of the top of my head i can only think of 2 heel cruiserweight's, Kash and Nunizo while their is more Face cruiserweights so would obviously be better to have a heel champion.

World Tag Team Titles

I just think MNM are the only decent tag team here, Hardy and Rey could be doing better things, Mexicools really need to go and strengthen th weak CW division, and Snitsky and Tomko as tag champions, just no.

Royal Rumble Match

30 WWE Superstars (see above preview for full list)

Mystery Entrant. Just because no one else seems strong enough except maybe for HHH but we don't need him to be in 5 Wrestlemania title matches in a row, not even Hogan was that bad.

Bonus Questions:

Cruiserweight Title Match.

Chris Jericho, just think it would be cool seeing him return, win and the feud with Batista, Jericho returns get the fans behind him, but on RAW attack Batista and bragging bout being the first undisputed champion etc.

Mystery Entrant, with HBK gone you need someone knew to say they gone from #1 to win the Rumble, and with the mystery Entrant its a shock entrance as well as the big accomplishment.

Unification Match

United States Title

World Tag Team Titles

Royal Rumble Match

Randy Orton

Bonus Questions:

Cruiserweight Title Match.

Chris Jericho

Triple H

Unification Match

I think Cena takes this one for two reasons. The first I think so that Batista can rehab, and secondly, I think there is more you can do with Cena heading into WM.

United States Title

As much as I'd rather see Kane take it, I feel that if this is going to end here like you said, that Booker is the favorite to take it. Plus he can't lose 3 straight to Kane and just have it end. So Booker seems the logical choice.

I'd really like to see Kash win here, so I'm taking him. I think that if youd want to continue this, that Kash winning at the Rumble could then change things a bit, and that the Juice would need to find a way to get the title back.

World Tag Team Titles

Honestly, I really don't think that any of the other teams are good enough/ready to take the titles. Though if MNM were to defeat Hardy and Rey Rey in that match, that they could have a nice match in the future.

Royal Rumble Match

Edge- I didn't really like anyone in the lineup, but I doubt the Mystery Entrant would win, so I think more could be done with Edge, than Orton.

Bonus Questions:

Booker T vs. Kane

This one is hard, I wanted to say James Gibson or Chris Jericho, but for some reason my gut was saying Charlie Haas.

Shelton Benjamin

IPB Image

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE

Live on Pay-Per-View

Sunday, January W4, 2006

From the American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL.

----------

The 2006 edition of the famed Royal Rumble pay-per-view began with a video package. At first the screen was black with words fading onto it.

Once a year...

A voice over says the words as they fade onto the screen. A brief Royal Rumble clip from the past is played - Shawn Michaels eliminating British Bulldog to win the '95 Rumble.

One match...

Triple H's comeback from injury is completed as he chucks Kurt Angle over the top to win the 2002 Rumble.

One chance...

The Rock and The Big Show tumble over the top rope together at the 2000 Rumble.

Of a lifetime.

A flurry of past Royal Rumble match clips are played including "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's 2001 victory, Mr McMahon's 1999 victory and the Batista/John Cena controversial finish from last year. Rock music plays over the footage as the clips come fast and furious before fading into the black screen with white writing once again.

30 WWE Superstars... 1 Winner... 1 World Title shot at WrestleMania 22

The package comes to an end and fades to black before an animated Royal Rumble logo comes onto the screen and the voice-over speaks again.

"And now, from American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida - X-Box 360 presents WWE Royal Rumble."

We're taken into the arena as numerous explosions of pyro echo around the arena from the stage area, spreading smoke and noise around the building, the crowd going crazy. As the explosions finish the cameras take a sweep of the crowd, many signs being held up, littering the picture. We're taken down to ringside where Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler are sat at the commentary table. SmackDown's play-by-play man welcomes everybody around the world to the Royal Rumble and issues thanks for ordering the event, joining them on pay-per-view. Cole introduces his co-commentator, RAW's color man, Jerry Lawler. Lawler says how he can't wait for the action to get going and mentions how great the unification and Royal Rumble matches should be. They hand over to the Spanish announce team who say their little bit in Spanish before things get started with a video package.

The video recaps the Best-of-Seven Series for the currently vacant United States Championship. How it all came about, Booker T and Chris Benoit competing to a controversial finish on SmackDown just two days before Survivor Series and then-General Manager Theodore Long deciding to vacate the belt and have a Best-of-Seven. Short highlights of the first four matches followed, Booker T going ahead 3-0 and then Benoit avoiding a sweep to make the series 3-1. Vince McMahon's announcement of Kane replacing Benoit in the series was shown and then Kane bringing the series back to 3-2 and eventually tying it at 3-3. The confrontations between "The Big Red Monster" and Booker ended the package, the numerous attacks on one another and finally Booker T's assault on Kane with a ladder, crushing his abdomen between the weapon and the steel ring steps last Friday night on SmackDown.

IPB Image

"The Big Red Monster" Kane vs. Booker T w/Sharmell - Match 7 in Best-of-7 Series for vacant United States Championship.

Kane made his way down to the ring first with his usual mean look displayed on his face. His abdomen was wrapped up in bandages following Booker T's assault with a ladder just two nights previously. Michael Cole reminded the fans that whatever happened tonight, a new United States Champion would be crowned. Booker T's music then hit and the five-time WCW Champion came out with his wife Sharmell to be greeted by loud boos from the crowd. Booker performed his usual stage ritual, jumping up to ignite four fire pyros on the stage. A short chant of "Booker sucks!" could be heard as the former United States Champion entered the ring. The referee had the United States Title belt in his hands and showed it to both competitors before holding it up in the air and passing it to the timekeeper. Sharmell exited the ring, the bell sounded and it was on!

Booker began aggressively, going straight for the injured abdomen of his bigger adversary. Kane could not fend off the early kicks to the stomach and wound up in the corner, trying to cover up. He came back, though, managing to step away from another kick and level his opponent with a strong throat thrust uppercut. Booker was now on defense as Kane connected with hard shots that backed Booker into the corner. Jim Korderas, the match official, tried to seperate the two, but Kane turned and scared him off. Booker took his chance, though, and quickly slid under the bottom rope looking to take a breather. "The Big Red Monster" had other plans, following his opponent out and using the steel steps to his advantage, slamming Booker's head onto them. Booker headed back into the ring as Sharmell distracted Kane. Sharmell went for a slap but Kane stopped her and grabbed her by the throat, only to be cut off as Booker leaped over the top rope and took him out with a plancha.

The action returned to the ring and Booker wore his opponent down in the form of a rear chin lock. After suffering for a few minutes, Kane made his way to his knees and elbowed his way out of the move with the crowd fully behind him. Booker quickly stopped Kane's momentum, though, dodging a big boot and instead connecting with his own jumping side kick. The former U.S. Champion then rocked his opponent with a vertical suplex and followed it up with a knee drop, much to the delight of Sharmell. The ensuing pinfall only got a two, though. Booker's momentum continued as he attempted to chop his adversary down and use leg locks to damage his legs. Booker even locked in a figure-four but "The Big Red Monster" was able to turn over and reverse the pressure of the hold.

Kane then rallied with some dominant offense, connecting with a couple of scoop slams and then a huge sidewalk variation for a two count. Booker tried to reverse the momentum, but Kane countered a swinging neckbreaker and connected with a Chokeslam! Just when it looked like he was about to grab the victory, Kane's leg gave out on him and he couldn't capitalise on the Chokeslam. This gave Booker time to recuperate and the two traded blows, the former champion getting the upper hand and hitting the Book End out of nowhere! Sharmell excitedly screamed along with the referee: "One! Two! What?!" Kane had managed to roll a shoulder out!

Booker questioned the referee aggressively before taking Kane down to the mat with a side Russian leg sweep. Booker would then look to take a risk as he climbed up-top and went for something he rarely does - a flip leg drop, a.k.a. the Houston Hangover. The move connected but after a long, long two count Kane once again managed to break the referee's count. Booker was getting frustrated and no one could blame him. He bounced off of the ropes as Kane got up, doubled up and hit the Scissors Kick! A big smile from Booker signalled that this one was over. "One, two, no!" Kane somehow managed to get out of Booker T's finishing move! Sharmell got up onto the apron and started yelling at the referee as Booker came over to try and calm her down. The crowd went wild, as behind him Kane had just sat up! Kane charged and connected with a knee to Booker's back, sending the former champion into the referee and Sharmell, taking them both out! "The Big Red Monster" set up a Chokeslam, but Booker escaped with a kick to the injured gut and hit a quick DDT.

Booker was the only one standing now and he decided to take advantage, climbing out of the ring and snatching a chair from the timekeeper's table. He re-entered the ring right as Kane sat up once again. Booker swung the chair, but Kane kicked it away and delivered a Tombstone Piledriver! There was no referee to make the count, though, and the possible ending went unnoticed by the official. An evil grin crept onto Kane's face as he picked up the steel chair and gazed at it. Booker pulled himself up and just about managed to dodge the chair shot. Booker low blowed his adversary and the chair dropped to the mat as Kane ended up doubled up again. Booker quickly jumped to the second rope and connected with a modified Scissors Kick onto the steel weapon! The five-time WCW Champion slid the chair out of the ring and rolled into the cover as Sharmell, who had barely recovered from the fall she took earlier, pushed the referee back into the ring. Korderas groggily made a slow count - "One, two, three!" The match was over and Booker T had won - much to the live crowd's disgust.

Booker smiled as Sharmell grabbed the U.S. Title belt and handed it to him as he exited the ring - he was the undisputed WWE United States Champion. Ring announcer Lilian Garcia announced Booker T as the winner and "new United States Champion" as the, now happy, couple celebrated as they retreated up the ramp.

Match Length = 17 Minutes

TEW Match Grade = A

Following the evening's opening contest we were taken backstage into WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's office. Vince was standing next to a big gold lottery tumbler as Triple H walked in. McMahon welcomed "The Game" and wished him luck before rolling the tumbler and letting Triple H grab a number. Before he did, Edge walked in with Lita by his side. "Mr Money in the Bank" chewed obviously on some chewing gum and smirked at Triple H before encouraging him to take a ball from the tumbler. "The Game" did so without taking his eye off of Edge. Vince rolled the tumbler again, this time for Edge, as Triple H unfolded the piece of paper he had drawn. "The Game" stared at his paper for a few moments before shaking his head and murmuring "bullsh*t" under his breath and storming out of the room, clearly displeased with the number he had just drawn.

Edge laughed as Triple H left and then let Lita pick his ball for him. She handed him it and he unfolded the paper as a big smile found its way onto his face. "That will do nicely" he said, showing the number to Lita, who also grinned. The Chairman tried to take a peek, but Edge shielded the paper from him, laughed and walked out of the room with Lita.

Another video package was then shown. This one was to hype the upcoming Cruiserweight Championship match between The Mexicools' Juventud and "The Notorious K-I-D" Kid Kash. Their clash from Armageddon in December of last year mainly filled the video, Kid Kash ending up victorious albeit via disqualification. Kash's victory over Paul London and Chavo Guerrero in a triple threat match earlier this month was also shown as that was how Kash earned himself another shot at "The Juice's" Cruiserweight Championship of the World. The package came to an end with Kid Kash's Dead Level brainbuster to Juvi on the ramp last Monday night on RAW.

IPB Image

Cruiserweight Champion of the World "The Juice" Juventud vs. "The Notorious K-I-D" Kid Kash.

After Lilian Garcia announced that "the following match is scheduled for one fall and is for the Cruiserweight Championship of the World", Kid Kash's music hit and the challenger made his way down to ringside looking very confident. Kash made the "title symbol" hand gesture at his waist before entering the ring. The Mexicools' Juventud then made his way out and was met with a positive reception from the Miami crowd. Juvi slid into the ring and shook his head (spraying water from his wet hair everywhere) before climbing up the turnbuckles and holding his title in the air. The referee took the belt and the match officially got underway.

This cruiserweight encounter began off at a fast pace, as you might expect from these high-flying athletes. Kash took control early with forearms to the side of the head of Juventud and connecting with a clothesline after shooting his adversary off to the ropes. Juventud tried to kick his way back, but Kash cut him off and quickly flipped him over the top rope. Juvi managed to steady himself on the apron, only to have Kash springboard from the corner and hit a breath-taking hurricanrana off of the apron to the floor outside! Kash re-entered the ring but had to exit again as it looked like Juventud would not make referee Nick Patrick's ten count. "The Notorious K-I-D" slammed Juventud back-first into the security barrier at ringside and then charged, only to be flipped over the wall to the cold concrete right in the crowd! Nick Patrick joined the two competitors and tried to persuade them to get back in the ring, but to no avail. Kash looked to come back over the barricade in style, attempting another hurricanrana. Juvi was able to counter, though, and ended up powerbombing his opponent back-first into the steel ring post.

Patrick eventually was able to get the two men back in the ring, where Juventud got a near fall following a snap suplex. "The Juice" continued to work on Kid Kash's back, driving his knee into the spine multiple times and locking in a Mexican surfboard. Kash wouldn't quit, though, and Juvi let him out of the hold. The champion looked to finish it right then with a Juvi Driver, but Kash slid out of it and planted his opponent with a facebuster. After a few seconds of recuperation, Kash went for a Lionsault, but landed on his feet when Juvi rolled out of the way, instead settling for a spinning heel kick to put the champion on the mat. "The Notorious K-I-D" took to the skies moments later with a high cross body block but Juventud was able to roll through for a two count.

Kash went back on the offensive, connecting with some more forearms but Juventud battled back and hit a back suplex, following up with a quick leg drop. The champion then went up-top and rocked Kash with his own flying hurricanrana that got a very near fall. Kash staggered back into the ropes and flipped an oncoming Juvi over onto the apron. He tried to suplex his opponent back in, but "The Juice" brought Kash onto the apron where they exchanged blows. Juventud was able to lift Kash up for what looked to be a Juvi Driver attempt to the floor below, but Kash slipped back into the ring and hung his adversary over the top rope neck-first. The move dropped Juventud to the floor and moments later Kash took to the skies again, leaping over the rope with a somersault plancha onto his fellow cruiserweight!

The action returned to the ring and Kash got a near fall. The challenger signalled it was time for the end, but Juventud countered a Dead Level attempt and connected with the Juvi Driver out of nowhere! Groggily, "The Juice" managed to get just the one arm over his opponent, but it wasn't enough as Nick Patrick's hand slapped the mat twice before Kash got a shoulder up. The champion looked frustrated and dragged Kash to the corner and climbed to the top rope. Juvi steadied himself and then dazzled the crowd as he went flying with a 450 Splash - he just didn't connect. Kash had managed to roll out of the way and Juventud's face bounced off the canvas. Kash looked to capitalise and connected with a double underhook sit-down facebuster. Amazingly, Juventud managed to get a shoulder up before the three count! The challenger could not believe it and verbally berated the referee. This gave the champion a little time to recover and Kash turned around into a small package from "The Juice" - one, two, no! Kash managed to get out just in time. The favor was then reversed as Kash rolled up Juvi in a small package - again, just a two. Juventud looked for the Juvi Driver once again, but Kash slid out and connected with the Dead Level! Kash quickly covered Juventud, even hooking both legs - one, two three!

Kash jumped to his feet and snatched the title belt away from the referee, clutching it to his chest and then holding it up in the air. Kash slid out of the ring and retreated up the ramp, Cruiserweight Championship in hand. Juventud was helped to his feet by the match official, having to clutch his neck to try and nurse his injuries.

Match Length = 15 Minutes

TEW Match Grade = A

After numerous different-angled replays were shown of the key moments in the Cruiserweight Championship match, we went backstage to see "The Voice of ECW" Joey Styles. Styles was standing by with a microphone and he briefly spoke about the unification match between World Heavyweight Champion Batista and WWE Champion John Cena before introducing his guest at that time - John Cena. The champion spun the WWE logo on his title belt as he came into the picture. Styles asked him what his thoughts were as he gets ready to battle "The Animal", Batista. Cena said that there was no doubt Batista had had an "equally impressive reign" as champion as himself. He also said that some people may give Batista the victory on paper, with him possibly having a psychological advantage after walking out on Cena nine days ago on SmackDown and then thwarting Cena's plan of revenge six days ago on RAW. The WWE Champion believed that the playing field was even heading into tonight's match and that they would find out who the better wrestler is.

Just then, Batista walked into the picture, decked out in his wrestling attire and the World Heavyweight Championship belt slung over his shoulder. He agreed with Cena that they would find out who the best wrestler is and Batista predicted it would be himself and he would walk out undisputed World Champion. Cena protested and the two got in each other's face yet again, their noses pressed against each other. Several officials and backstage crew rushed in to seperate the two before they could come to blows. Joey Styles turned back to the camera and said that an undisputed World Champion would be crowned tonight when the zero tolerance policy between the champions will be lifted. "It should be one heck of a match-up."

We then switched backstage areas, returning to Vince McMahon's office where Randy Orton was in conversation with the WWE Chairman, reminding him of his accomplishments and saying that "it doesn't matter what number" he draws, "The Legend Killer" was going to win the Royal Rumble tonight. Vince said he liked his confidence but they were short on time so Orton had to "just pick a damn ball". Orton sneered and took a ball from the gold tumbler. He unfolded the paper from inside and took a quick look. His face was blank, he didn't give anything away about his number and left the room.

IPB Image

Tag Team Turmoil for the vacant World Tag Team Championship - Matt Hardy & Rey Mysterio vs. The Mexicools' Super Crazy & Psicosis vs. MNM w/Melina vs. Snitsky & Tyson Tomko.

The only former tag team champions in the match, MNM, made their way to the ring first. The red carpet was rolled out for them and several photographers took pictures as usual. Melina accompanied her boys, Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury, to the ring with the crowd staring intently at her wonderful entrance routine. "It wasn't my fault!" echoed around the building and Snitsky walked out with tag team partner Tyson Tomko. The two had nasty looks on their faces which provoked Jerry "The King" Lawler into believing they were the "ugliest tag team in professional wrestling". A familiar motor noise blared into the arena as two thirds of The Mexicools, Super Crazy and Psicosis, drove to the ring on their Juan Deeres. As they approached ringside, Matt Hardy came from behind the curtain, his music soon cut off as Rey Mysterio's hit and "The Master of the 619" appeared, jumping up amongst his pyro as usual. The pair made their way to the ring and all eight competitors stood inside the squared circle.

As soon as the referee removed Melina from the ring and got all four teams to a seperate corner, the ring bell sounded and this match was on. The starting two competitors were The Mexicools' Super Crazy and MNM's Joey Mercury. Mercury grounded Crazy early with a headlock takedown, but Crazy countered with a head scissors which was in turn reversed by Mercury in the form of a pinning predicament that barely got a two. The two locked up in the middle of the ring after a short break, Mercury taking down his adversary with an armbar and holding it in to apply pressure. Nitro then tagged in and MNM double-teamed Crazy with a double flapjack. Nitro tried to take advantage with a pinfall but only made a two count. Super Crazy began to rally quickly with punches and kicks and a beautiful flying head scissors took Nitro into Snitsky and Tomko's corner. Tyson Tomko tagged himself in and put Crazy down with a powerful big boot. He went for a pinfall but Psicosis interrupted it. Crazy battled back once more with an enziguri and then things got out of control. Snitsky entered the ring to beat on Crazy and Psicosis intervened. Hardy and Mysterio injected themselves into the action and a three-team brawl ensued, MNM choosing to stay clear and discuss tactics with Melina. Things spilled to the outside as Snitsky clotheslined Matt Hardy over the top rope. Psicosis followed in with a cross body that saw him and Snitsky tumble to the outside. Rey Mysterio then went airborne with a plancha onto all three men. The camera returned to in-ring action just in time to see Super Crazy hit a springboard moonsault on Tomko and get the three count for the first elimination!

Greatly frustrated with being eliminated, Snitsky and Tomko took their anger out on Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio, who were still on the outside. Tomko took Mysterio and nailed him with a big boot that took the cruiserweight all the way over the security barrier at ringisde and onto the cold concrete the other side of it. Snitsky took out Hardy with a punishing powerbomb on the steel ramp. Tomko and Snitsky left the ringside area, being urged away by officials. They were out of the match but they had left their mark on Hardy and Mysterio.

As officials tended to the now injured team on the outside, The Mexicools and MNM continued the match in the ring. Psicosis and Johnny Nitro were the legal men at that time. Psicosis dazzled the crowd with a corkscrew moonsault off of the top rope for a two count before Mercury intervened. A Melina distraction of the official allowed Nitro to connect with a low blow on Psicosis, which he followed with a second-rope body splash for a near fall. Psicosis was isolated by the former tag team champions and frequent tags ensured a fresh man against the beaten down Mexicool. Meanwhile, Matt Hardy was beginning to move on the outside whereas Mysterio still hadn't moved at all.

The teamwork of MNM continued and it continued successfully, Psicosis falling victim to a double front suplex. Mercury began to wear the Mexicool down with a modified dragon sleeper. The referee raised Psicosis' hand once and it fell but it wouldn't a second time as the crowd got behind Psicosis and rallied him to a vertical base. Mercury quickly prevented a comeback with a hair slam, but Psicosis fought back as Nitro tagged in. MNM tried another double team move, but Psicosis countered and took out both of MNM with a double dropkick - one leg for each opponent. MNM tried to prevent the tag, but Psicosis stretched out and Super Crazy rushed into the ring, taking down Mercury and Nitro on his way. A high-leg clothesline took Mercury to the mat and a standing moonsault got a two count on Nitro. All four men battled it out until Nitro was double back dropped over the top rope and to the outside. Mercury was planted and The Mexicools climbed opposite corners, looking for high-flying moves. Psicosis was cut off by Melina, though, who shook the top rope and crotched Psicosis on the top. Super Crazy moonsaulted into Mercury's knees and Johnny Nitro scurried into the ring to aid Mercury in completing the Snapshot on Super Crazy - "One, two three!" The Mexicools had been eliminated.

Psicosis regained his balance on the top turnbuckle, but MNM cut him off and hit a Snapshot on him for good measure. We were down to two teams: the former champions and relatively fresh MNM against the almost down-and-out team of Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio. MNM were looking confident and took a few moments to recuperate before heading out of the ring and tossing Matt Hardy back in. Rey Mysterio had begun to move but he was still in the crowd and still hurting. Matt Hardy fought out of a Snapshot in the ring and gave it all he had with a flurry of punches. The numbers game caught up to him, though, and Matt was soon double-teamed. Melina screamed for the Snapshot with a big grin from ringside, and MNM obliged, lifting Hardy up. The man who "will not die" fought out of it again, though, and managed to hit Nitro with a Twist of Fate. He tried a cover, but Mercury was there to break it up. Mercury charged, but Hardy countered, slinging Mercury throat-first onto the second rope. At that moment Rey Mysterio slid into the ring and connected with the 619 on the prone Mercury! Joey stumbled back into a Side Effect from Hardy and Mysterio looked to springboard, but was stopped by Melina who pulled at Rey's leg. As Rey tried to fight her off, Mercury staggered to his feet and was able to help his tag team partner hit the Snapshot on Matt Hardy! Nitro rolled into the cover as Mercury drove his knee into Mysterio on the apron, shoving him into the announce table at ringside. The referee turned around to see the pinning predicament - One, two, three!

Melina snatched the World Tag Team Titles away from the timekeeper and handed them to Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro - the new World Tag Team Champions. MNM left up the ramp, celebrating with the titles as Rey Mysterio returned to the ring to check on Matt Hardy. The two stared at the new champions from the ring as a couple of officials went to see if they were alright.

Match Length = 18 Minutes

TEW Match Grade = B+

We returned to Vince McMahon's office once again as the only Olympic Gold Medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle, was entering. Angle briefly greeted Vince and proclaimed that he was extremely confident about his chances in winning the Royal Rumble, whatever number he entered at. McMahon said they should find out and he rolled the tumbler. Angle reached inside, picked up a ball, took out the piece of paper and unfolded it. He gazed at the number for a moment before nodding his head and telling Vince that he was now even more confident of his chances. Vince looked impressed with Kurt's confidence.

Back to ringside we went to see Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler at the commentary table. Cole announced that the next time WWE will be on pay-per-view will be in three weeks at WWE No Way Out. Lawler questioned who would be the World Champion by then to which Cole replied "why don't we find out?"

A hype video aired for the John Cena/Batista match. It began with both men's entrance into World Wrestling Entertainment, Batista's alignment with Evolution and John Cena's debut against Kurt Angle. The progress of their careers was covered, Batista's eventual turning on Triple H and Ric Flair and John Cena's rapper persona coming out. Then highlights from both the World Heavyweight and WWE Championship matches from WrestleMania 21 were shown, Cena becoming the new WWE Champion by defeating JBL and Batista's overcoming "The Game" Triple H to become World Heavyweight Champion. Clips of their best title defenses followed. Cena's battles with John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle. Batista's Hell in a Cell encounter with Triple H as well as his clashes with JBL and the late, great Eddie Guerrero. The focus of the video switched to 2006 when Vince McMahon abolished the brand split and announced a match between "The Animal" and Cena to crown an undisputed World Champion. Clips of their physical and verbal clashes as well as matches against other Superstars were shown, the video coming to an end with the two nose-to-nose in the center of the ring and the words "There can only be one World Champion" echoed by Vince McMahon.

IPB Image

World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. WWE Champion John Cena to unify both championships.

"The Time is Now" by John Cena blasted through the arena and the WWE Champion stormed out onto the stage, title belt raised high in the air. The crowd received Cena with a mixed reaction (which was usual as of late). The champ quickly made his way to the ring and slid into it, then climbing all four turnbuckles and raising his modified WWE Title in the air to the crowd. Saliva's theme for "The Animal" Batista roared into the building and the World Heavyweight Champion came out to a significantly more positive reaction than his opponent. After completing his usual stage routine (with pyro) Batista walked down to the ring, running up the steps and proceeding to follow Cena in raising his title to the crowd in all four corners of the ring. The WWE Champion removed his cap and t-shirt, the referee held both championship belts up in the air and the bell was rung.

The two champions began the match by walking to the center of the ring and getting in each other's face - the crowd going wild in anticipation. The zero tolerance policy put in place by Mr McMahon was now finished and it showed. Both men exchanged blows, their pent-up anger towards each other being released thick and fast. Batista got the upper hand and backed Cena into the corner, but the WWE Champion was able to duck a punch and return the favor. Cena began to rally and picked up the first momentum advantage in the match, capping the offensive flurry off with a clothesline that took Batista over the top rope and to the outside. Cena followed him out, but "The Animal" thwarted any further attack and slammed Cena face-first off of the steel steps before ramming him back-first into the apron and then tossing him mercilessly into the security barrier.

The action returned to the ring where Batista dominated Cena with a punishing powerslam for the first near fall of the match. The World Heavyweight Champion's brute power was on display as he shoved Cena into the corner and drove his shoulder into his adversary's gut a few times before whipping him across the ring into the opposite turnbuckles. The power of the whip was felt by Cena who fell forwards onto the canvas. Batista signalled for an early finish and set up for the Batista Bomb, but Cena countered by tripping his opponent up and quickly applying the STFU! Luckily for "The Animal" the ropes were not too far away and he was able to break the hold pretty quickly. Cena hooked up a suplex, Batista countered, but only to be nailed with a DDT by the WWE Champion who rolled into the cover - One, two and no, Batista kicked out. John Cena looked to finish it there and then, lifting up Batista for the FU but his opponent slithered out and connected with a huge spinebuster. A dreary Batista went for the pin, but only got a two.

The two combatants stumbled and staggered their way to a vertical base before trading punches in the middle of the ring. Cena got the upper hand this time and took down Batista with a leg whip takedown before going out onto the apron and ascending the turnbuckles. Batista got back up to his feet and was able to cut the WWE Champion off by climbing up to the second rope and connecting with several punches. Cena would not have his plans thwarted, though, and he threw some punches of his own at "The Animal" who eventually stumbled off of the second rope landing on his feet. He looked to charge but Cena flew off the top with a missile dropkick to take the big man down. A pinfall attempt followed, but Batista got a shoulder up at two and a quarter. Cena then looked around at the fans and yelled "You can't see me" to his opponent before connecting with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He went for another lateral press but again Batista got out at two. "The Animal" began a comeback, firing off right hands at Cena, but the music star was able to back drop Batista over the top rope, all the way to the floor outside.

After taking a quick breather, Cena followed Batista out, only to be slammed onto the floor in the way of a sidewalk slam. Batista followed up with a drop-toe hold that sent Cena crashing face-first onto the steel entrance ramp. "The Animal" was planning ruthless things as he set up a Batista Bomb on the ramp. Fortunately for his Chain Gang, Cena countered and lifted Batista up for the FU. Instead of doing the move, though, Cena chose to slam Batista legs-first against the steel ring post. Referee Charles Robinson urged the participants back into the ring. Cena slid under the bottom rope to break the count, quickly coming back out to roll Batista in. He did so and went for a pin but only got a two once again.

The WWE Champion set out to give himself an advantage by working over the now damaged legs of Batista, locking in a leg lock. The World Heavyweight Champion's attempts to escape the hold came to nothing and Cena continued to dominate. Cena propped "The Animal's" left leg onto the bottom rope and proceeded to jump and land on it, intending to further damage the knee area. Cena repeated this several times to the point of the referee threatening to disqualify him. The WWE Champion locked in the STFU again and this time Batista was much further away from the ropes. After at least two minutes of suffering and crawling towards the ropes, the World Heavyweight Champion was able to free his legs and stand up, Cena draped over his shoulders, in a powerful and unique reversal. Batista walked around the ring for a few moments, Cena in a precarious position, before slamming his opponent down onto his knee in a variation of a gutbuster. Both men were down and hurting as the referee began his count. Just as it looked like the match may end there and then in a draw, Cena pulled himself up using the ropes at 9. He raised his adversary but received some hard shots to the gut. Batista connected with the spinebuster but was too groggy to take advantage. Both men got to their feet again and this time Batista was able to hit the Batista Bomb! "The Animal" wearily slithered across the mat and put himself on top of Cena - One, two, no! Somehow Cena had managed to put his foot on the bottom rope!

A frustrated Batista got to his feet and lifted Cena up for the FU! As he positioned himself Cena's legs collided with the referee, knocking the official to the mat. To add insult to injury, Batista slammed the WWE Champion to the mat with the FU. It looked to be over, but Batista's frustration grew as there was no referee to count. A moment or two later and Mike Chioda, another WWE official, rushed to the ring and began to count - One, two, thr-no! Cena managed to roll a shoulder out again! Batista could not believe it and put his head in his hands as he got to his feet yet again. Chioda went to check on Charles Robinson who was still down. With the official's back turned, Edge slid into the ring out of nowhere! He stalked the World Heavyweight Champion and delivered a brutal Spear! "Mr Money in the Bank" quickly left the squared circle with the fans jeering loudly - Cena and the officials were completely oblivious as to what had just transpired. Batista, clutching his gut rolled around on the mat in pain as his opponent pulled himself up to a vertical base. "The Animal" was able to make it to his feet but was back on his back moments later as Cena delivered a monstrous FU. Cena dropped and hooked the leg as the referee slid to the mat - One, two, three!

John Cena had won the match and unified both the WWE and World Heavyweight Title, albeit with help from Edge which he still didn't know had happened. For the first time in years WWE had an undisputed World Champion and that man's name was John Cena. The substitute referee Mike Chioda handed Cena both titles and the new undisputed champion raised them proudly in the air before leaving the ring and retreating to the backstage area. The two match officials checked on Batista and helped him to his feet. "The Animal" grimaced as he was stood up - a look that changed to anger as perhaps what had just happened had sunk in.

Match Length = 20 Minutes

TEW Match Grade = A

As Batista was being helped back up the ramp by the two officials, Michael Cole recapped the match before saying that we were mere minutes away from the Royal Rumble match. Another hype video was shown, this one for the main event of the evening - the prestigious Royal Rumble match. Over clips of past Royal Rumbles a voice spoke: "Thirty men... Get the opportunity of a lifetime... One winner... Will main event WrestleMania... Alongside the World Champion..." Brief clips of this year's main entrants flashed up on screen as a recording of Jim Ross from a previous Royal Rumble went over the rules of the match: "Thirty men enter at two minute intervals, you're eliminated when you are thrown over the top rope and both feet touch the floor." As the Royal Rumble theme kicked in, clips of the Rumble participants flashed onto the screen thick and fast, voices of Triple H, Edge, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle and Randy Orton proclaiming they would win the match echoed over the footage. Then the film flickered to a stop and we returned to the American Airlines Arena.

IPB Image

The Royal Rumble Match - 30 WWE Superstars.

Lilian Garcia was in the ring as we came back from the pre-match video. "Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the Royal Rumble match." The crowd roared positively at this announcement and Lilian proceeded to explain the rules. There was then a pause before the music of the number one entrant played - it was Paul London. The cruiserweight ran fast down the ramp and slid into the ring before climbing to the second rope of one corner and back flipping off of it. Lilian then announced the Superstar who had drawn number two - Simon Dean. Simon approached the ring on his "Dean Machine" and grabbed a microphone from ringside before entering the ring. Dean began to speak ("Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Simon Dean and I'm here to-") but he was cut off by London who charged at the fitness and guru and drove forearms into the side of his head - this year's Royal Rumble was officially underway.

Entrant #1 - Paul London

Entrant #2 - Simon Dean

Dean fought back with some vicious clubs to the back of London before slamming him down to the mat and jumping off the second turnbuckle with a fist drop. Simon then began to choke London, performing some push-ups at the same time. The founder of "The Simon System" tried to eliminate the Cruiserweight then and there, But London was able to stay on the apron and climb up-top, knocking Simon to the mat with a flying hurricanrana. Simon staggered to his feet and straight into a dropsault. London then tried to push Simon over the top rope (eventually failing due to an eye-poke from Dean) as the Rumble counter began to count down from ten. It reached zero and the crowd got to their feet as the third entrant appeared.

Entrant #3 - Triple H

"The Game" received a surprisingly positive reception as he confidently made his way down to the ring, swallowing some water and tossing the bottle aside instead of doing his usual routine on the apron. He slid into the ring with a focused mind set (which was shown clearly by his facial expression). Triple H slid into the ring and immediately hit an oncoming Paul London with a devastating spinebuster. Simon Dean tried to attack the former World Champion from behind, but he had no luck as he was rocked with Triple H's patented facebuster. London got to his feet and charged again, only to be backdropped onto the apron. The cruiserweight was able to connect with a kick to Triple H, but "The Game" strategically moved when Simon Dean lunged at him. The fitness guru knocked London to the floor and was promptly tossed over the top rope by Triple H.

Elimination #1 - Paul London by Triple H

Elimination #2 - Simon Dean by Triple H

"The Game" took some time to recuperate, although he didn't really need it considering he was fresh. The countdown from ten was soon back on the screen as Triple H eagerly awaited the next entrant. "The Cerebreal Assassin" had a perplexed look on his face as the next entrant was revealed.

Entrant #4 - The Boogeyman

The arena was filled with a red light and the entrance with smoke as The Boogeyman appeared in his usual attire, complete with human heart necklace. He carried a staff that was billowing smoke from it as he methodically walked down the ramp, seemingly having muscle spazms on the way as he jiggled out of control. Triple H backed into the far corner, completely at a loss for words or actions as he laid his eyes upon the unusual newcomer. Boogeyman left his staff propped up against the steps and removed his heart necklace before sliding under the bottom rope and staring at Triple H. He then reached into his pocket, presumably for some worms, but Triple H cut him off and battered him into the corner with punches - seemingly deciding that he better get rid of The Boogeyman now rather than later. "The Game" continued to pummel Boogeyman, but the strange newcomer battled back with punches and chops of his own, eventually sending Triple H to the mat with a modified swinging neckbreaker. Boogeyman set Triple H up to seemingly use his own move, the Pedigree, but he pushed Triple H away as his focus turned to the entrance where the next entrant now was.

Entrant #5 - Lashley

Lashley quickly made his way to the ring and exchanged a look with The Boogeyman. Boogeyman looked freakily transfixed on Lashley and slowly walked towards him. Lashley stood his ground, though, and took down The Boogeyman with a charging spear into the corner. Lashley connected with right hands and he was quickly joined by Triple H, both men dominating The Boogeyman. "The Game" took a cheap shot at Lashley and was firmly in control. He pounded on Lashley but had a suplex attempt reversed as Lashley delivered one of his own. The Boogeyman came up behind his fellow newcomer and wrapped him up in a sleeper hold. Lashley tried to fight it but Boogeyman pressured him to his knees. Triple H then came out of nowhere with a knee to the face of Boogeyman before nailing him with the Pedigree! He went to eliminate Boogeyman, but Lashley wanted a piece of the crazy Superstar. Moments later, Lashley delivered a punishing Dominator that put The Boogeyman down and seemingly out. It was then time for the next entrant.

Entrant #6 - Trevor Murdoch

Trevor Murdoch rushed down to the ring and immediately focused on Lashley, clubbing him with blows to the back. Lashley was too strong for the former tag team champion, though, and he charged him into the corner and reeled off some hard shoulder thrusts. Triple H picked The Boogeyman up and went to toss him over the top rope, but Boogeyman was able to stop and send Triple H packing with a kick to the gut and a face smash into the nearest turnbuckle. The battling continued and Lashley, satisfied with his beating on Murdoch walked backwards into a modified slam by The Boogeyman. Boogeyman then rocked Murdoch with a corner clothesline before attempting one on Triple H. "The Game" dodged, though, and connected with some elbows to the head.

Entrant #7 - World Tag Team Champion Johnny Nitro

One half of the WWE World Tag Team Champions rushed down to the ring, sliding in and immediately going after Lashley on the mat. Melina had accompanied Nitro and was cheering him on from ringside. Nitro nailed Trevor Murdoch with a dropkick before falling to the mat via Triple H clothesline. Lashley was back up to his feet, but could do nothing before Boogeyman jumped on his back. Lashley struggled and then slammed him to the mat with a snapmare variation. Murdoch took advantage and hit a neckbreaker on Lashley. Triple H took a breather in one corner as Nitro curled up in another, Melina encouraging him on.

Entrant #8 - Rob Conway

Rob Conway confidently made his way down to ringside and observed the action before entering the match and jumping Boogeyman from behind. He soon found out this wasn't the smartest way to go, though, as he was thrown back into the corner and pounded with a running splash. Trevor Murdoch continued to work over Lashley, choking him with his boot in the corner. Johnny Nitro saw his chance and eliminated Murdoch, throwing the prone Superstar over the top rope from behind.

Elimination #3 - Trevor Murdoch by Johnny Nitro

Entrant #9 - Hardcore Holly

The veteran Hardcore Holly then walked to the ring and entered the Rumble. He went straight after Triple H in the corner who tried to cover up from Holly's hard blows. Johnny Nitro tried to attack the latest entrant, but received an Alabama Slam for his troubles! Rob Conway tried to intervene, but was lifted up for the Alabama Slam. To save himself receiving the same treatment as MNM's Nitro, Conway held the top rope but this would prove to be his downfall as Holly settled for just chucking him over the top rope.

Elimination #4 - Rob Conway by Hardcore Holly

The Boogeyman and Lashley decided to work together to try and eliminate Triple H, but "The Game" was able to stay in with an eye-poke to both men. Hardcore Holly was pounding away on Johnny Nitro and trying to eliminate him when the next entrant was revealed.

Entrant #10 - World Tag Team Champion Joey Mercury

Nitro's tag team partner Joey Mercury rushed into the ring and stopped Hardcore as Melina cheered on from ringside. Hardcore fought out of a double team and levelled MNM with seperate clotheslines, but the numbers game caught up with him and he was demolished with the Snapshot. MNM then threw Holly over the top and out of the match.

Elimination #5 - Hardcore Holly by MNM

MNM turned around to celebrate but were immediately sent crashing to the mat with a double clothesline from Lashley. Lashley whipped Nitro across the ring who froze at the sight of Boogeyman eating worms! The distraction allowed Lashley to chuck Nitro over the top and out of the Rumble. Boogeyman slammed Mercury to the mat with his modified slam shortly after and quickly eliminated him.

Elimination #6 - Johnny Nitro by Lashley

Elimination #7 - Joey Mercury by The Boogeyman

Entrant #11 - Snitsky

"It wasn't my fault!" was heard for the second time of the night as Snitsky stormed to the ring and entered the Rumble. He quickly knocked Lashley and Boogeyman to the mat with big boots as Triple H sat in the corner, recuperating. Snitsky tried to whip Lashley, but it was countered and Snitsky crashed into the corner and was quickly sandwiched between the turnbuckles and a Lashley clothesline. Lashley followed up with a belly-to-belly suplex and continued to dominate with one on The Boogeyman. Triple H staggered out of the corner and was able to counter a Lashley suplex, instead connecting with a facebuster. "The Game" went for the Pedigree but Lashley broke his grip with his strength and powered out with a back drop.

Entrant #12 - Matt Striker

Matt Striker was the next participant. He walked to the ring with a microphone and began to talk about how he was going to teach everyone in the ring some values. This proved to be a very, very bad idea. As soon as Striker slid into the ring he was triple teamed by Lashley, Boogeyman and Snitsky who quickly beat the former school teacher down and Lashley had the pleasure of mercilessly throwing him out of the match, over the top rope.

Elimination #8 - Matt Striker by Lashley

Triple H was using his Royal Rumble experience wisely, recuperating in a corner every chance he got. Snitsky, Lashley and The Boogeyman traded blows with each other, Lashley coming out on top and knocking the other two to the mat. The next minute or so of action was a slow as all four men tried to recover as well as try to push each other over the top rope. Nobody was eliminated before the next entry, though.

Entrant #13 - Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair

The Miami crowd got to its feet as a loud "Woo!" echoed around the building and the Intercontinental Champion performed his strut out onto the stage and down the ramp. Michael Cole noted that Flair had been inactive recently on both RAW and SmackDown, but he looked ready to go here tonight. As soon as "The Nature Boy" got in the ring he went for his former best friend, Triple H, who beat Flair in a brutal Last Man Standing match a few months previously at Survivor Series. Flair, the fresher man, took it to "The Game" with stinging knife-edge chops that echoed around the arena, the crowd shouting "Woo!" with every one. Flair backed Triple H into the corner and continued with the chops before whipping him across the ring and connecting with a clothesline as he rebounded out of the corner. Snitsky tried to attack Flair, but received a thumb to the eye after a brief offensive flurry. The Boogeyman then approached the Intercontinental Champion, an odd gaze fixed upon the newcomer's face. He grabbed Flair by the throat, but the veteran fought out with his dirty tactics delivering a punishing low blow with his boot. Lashley then came over and flattened Flair in the corner before flipping him up and over his head with a high back body drop. Flair got out of harm's way with an eye poke and then went to work on Triple H, again, chopping him in the corner.

Entrant #14 - Psicosis

The Mexicools' Psicosis was next to enter the match and he did so quickly, rushing down to the ring and nailing Snitsky with a springboard elbow. Psicosis continued to work over Snitsky, using his boot to choke the big man and using the ropes for more pressure. Psicosis then lifted Snitsky to his feet and attempted to push him over the top rope. Over the other side of the ring, Triple H was being dominated by Ric Flair who applied his patented Figure Four Leg Lock! "The Game" yelled out in pain and even grabbed the ropes but nothing could be done to stop Flair doing the move. The Boogeyman would attack "The Nature Boy" moments later, breaking the hold. The newcomer lifted up Flair for a slam but Lashley nailed Boogeyman with a German suplex - Boogeyman went flying with Flair still in his hands and "Naitch" was tossed across the ring!

Entrant #15 - Nunzio

The Italian cruiserweight, Nunzio, was the next entry. He entered the ring but was immediately put on his back by Lashley in the way of a devastating spinebuster. Snitsky then took Lashley down with a vicious big boot. A chain of moves followed as Psicosis took down Snitsky with a hurricanrana, but the Mexicool was then smashed into the mat by a Triple H Pedigree. Ric Flair connected with some more chops on Triple H, but "The Cerebral Assasin" was able to shove Flair into Boogeyman who back dropped him over the top rope and to the floor!

Elimination #9 - Ric Flair by The Boogeyman

Triple H had a big grin on his face as he taunted Flair from inside the ring. Boogeyman then came up behind Triple H and tossed him out onto the apron, but the former World Champion was able to hold onto the bottom rope and slide back into the ring. Nunzio tried to build some offense but he was cut short by Snitsky who slammed him to the mat with a pumphandle slam. Lashley then got hold of the cruiserweight and nailed him with the Dominator!

Entrant #16 - Tyson Tomko

Tyson Tomko, the fourth entrant to have already participated in a match tonight, quickly made his way into the ring and aided Snitsky in knocking down everybody else, except for Triple H who was again smartly recuperating in the corner. The monstrous tag team demolished the others with clotheslines, big boots and powerslams. Nunzio tried to mount an offense against them but came up short, running into a vicious double boot. The Italian was then prone for elimination, which Snitsky did via a press slam.

Elimination #10 - Nunzio by Snitsky

Psicosis attacked the dominating tag team but received similar treatment from Tomko and Snitsky. Needless to say Psicosis was soon eliminated as Tomko and Snitsky both threw the Mexicool over the top rope.

Elimination #11 - Psicosis by Snitsky and Tyson Tomko

Lashley and The Boogeyman then got in on the action, assaulting Tomko and Snitsky from behind. Lashley connected with a modified side slam on Tomko and Boogeyman nailed Snitsky with a backbreaker. It was then time for the next entrant.

Entrant #17 - Paul Burchill

Another dominant newcomer entered at number seventeen as William Regal's protégé marched to the squared circle. Burchill showed his strength and his ruthlessness as he shoved Boogeyman into the corner with a shoulder thrust and then backed Lashley up with some hard right hands. The powerhouse from Surrey, England dominated as he cleaned house on everyone, knocking them all away with punches and slamming Tomko to the mat with a powerful suplex. Burchill applied "The Royal Mutilation" armbar on Tyson, but Snitsky stopped him with a boot to the head. Burchill then set his sights on Triple H and charged, but the veteran ducked and pulled the top rope down as Burchill toppled over the top rope but managed to stay on the apron. Burchill traded blows with "The Game" as the next entrant made his way down the ramp.

Entrant #18 - Randy Orton

"The Legend Killer" Randy Orton ran down and slid into the ring, going straight for Triple H and punching him into the corner. Triple H fought back but soon felt the wrath of the RKO! Burchill re-entered the ring from the apron but he too tasted the RKO. Tomko and Snitsky were next on the RKO hitlist, shortly followed by Lashley. Orton turned to The Boogeyman, who was again eating worms! Orton looked disgusted by the act, but went and delivered an RKO to The Boogeyman too! "The Legend Killer" had given everyone in the ring an RKO and everybody was down except for him! Orton stood in the center of the ring posing in his trademark position when Triple H snuck up behind him and low blowed him. "The Cerebral Assasin" set Orton up for the Pedigree, but Randy span out of the predicament and nailed Triple H with his patented backbreaker.

Entrant #19 - Super Crazy

The second Mexicool to enter the Rumble entered at nineteen in a spectacular way, diving into the ring from the top rope with a cross body onto Randy Orton. Tomko and Snitsky, still recovering from their RKO dosage, were lying next to each other and Super Crazy took advantage, nailing a springboard moonsault onto both men. He stood up and walked straight into an RKO! Lashley was up to his feet by now and he traded blows with Orton, getting the better of him. The newcomer powered Orton to the mat with a running powerslam, but was then attacked by Burchill. Lashley battled back, though, and managed to suplex Burchill onto the apron. The "hooligan" from England tried to punch his way back into the ring, but Lashley sent him flying onto the floor with a powerful clothesline. In a matter of moments Tomko and Snitsky charged at Lashley, but in an amazing display of strength Lashley managed to lift them both up and over the top rope to the outside!

Elimination #12 - Paul Burchill by Lashley

Elimination #13 & #14 - Tyson Tomko and Snitsky by Lashley

Entrant #20 - Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy stormed to the ring and went after Randy Orton. He connected with some strong punches and then hooked up a Twist of Fate, but Super Crazy nailed Hardy with a superkick. Lashley then intercepted Orton, picking him up and driving him into the turnbuckles. He then sat Orton on top and looked for a superplex, but The Boogeyman came from behind and gave Lashley a low blow. Lashley fell to the canvas as Boogeyman went for the superplex on Orton. "The Legend Killer" countered, though, punching Boogeyman repeatedly but he wouldn't fall. Lashley was back up and he grabbed Boogeyman and tossed him off of the top rope all the way to the floor outside!

Elimination #15 - The Boogeyman by Lashley

Lashley was then able to superplex Orton off of the top rope into the middle of the ring. Triple H was back into the action and pounding away on Matt Hardy in the corner. Super Crazy was up, he tried to eliminate "The Game" but to no avail as Triple H came back in and set up a Pedigree on the Mexicool. Matt Hardy intervened, though, and hooked up a Twist of Fate on Triple H, only to be shoved away and over the top rope. Hardy was able to pull himself back in before his feet touched the floor.

Entrant #21 - Carlito

Carlito then slowly walked down to the ring, chucking his apple in the air and catching it several times. As he got to the ring, he took a big bite out of the apple and spat it in Lashley's face. This was a bad move as Lashley pulled Carlito into the ring by his hair and immediately slammed him to the mat with the Dominator! Lashley was then blindsided as The Boogeyman had re-entered the ring and hit him with a forearm to the back. He shoved Lashley into the corner and choked him. Boogeyman continued the illegal choke until Lashley looked to be completely out of it. He then looked around at the crowd with an evil smile on his black and red face before tossing Lashley over the top rope and out of the match. Boogeyman followed him out and dragged him up the ramp and behind the curtain, out of view backstage.

Elimination #16 - Lashley by The Boogeyman

Entrant #22 - Shelton Benjamin

Shelton Benjamin ran to the ring and entered the match, knocking down everyone in sight with clotheslines. Triple H was in the corner and he fell victim to a Stinger Splash. Randy Orton was then drilled with a Dragon Whip. Benjamin continued to run rampant, tossing Super Crazy out of the match with a T-Bone Suplex over the top rope!

Elimination #17 - Super Crazy by Shelton Benjamin

Shelton took down Carlito with a snap suplex and then went after Matt Hardy. Hardy countered a Dragon Whip and went for the Twist of Fate, but Benjamin reversed with a back suplex, which was countered by Hardy who flipped out of it. Shelton was then finally able to hit his Dragon Whip, knocking Hardy to the mat. Shelton pumped up the crowd and then went over to the corner and tried to push Triple H over the top rope. His attempt didn't get anywhere though as Randy Orton wanted some payback and drove Benjamin to the canvas with a DDT.

Entrant # 23 - Rob Van Dam

The fans went wild as Rob Van Dam made his way into the ring. He wasn't alone, though - he had brought a steel chair with him! Van Dam took the Rumble to the extreme and delivered brutal chair shots to Carlito and Randy Orton before handing some more out, these ones to Matt Hardy and Shelton Benjamin. Van Dam spotted Triple H in the corner and despite "The Game's" pleading Van Dam's hit him with a Van Daminator! Van Dam then climbed up-top and connected with a split-legged moonsault on Randy Orton. Carlito was back to his feet by now and he cut Van Dam off with a scoop slam into his modified neckbreaker. Carlito cockily celebrated but was quickly taken down as Matt Hardy gave him a Twist of Fate out of nowhere!

Entrant #24 - Chris Masters

"The Masterpiece" Chris Masters then appeared on the stage with his robe on. He soon removed it and did his usual poses before walking to the ring. Masters found himself immediately in a battle of fists with Matt Hardy. Masters was able to use his power, though, and use a powerslam to ground Hardy. He then stalked him and signalled for the Master Lock. Hardy stumbled straight into it and was soon flailing his arms and legs around desperately trying to escape the hold. Masters kept the hold cinched in and Hardy began to fade fast.

Entrant #25 - Kurt Angle

The Olympic Gold Medalist rushed down to the ring and began stomping away on Randy Orton. Meanwhile, "The Masterpiece" still had the Master Lock on Hardy. Masters edged towards the ropes and Carlito helped him in lifting Hardy over the top rope. After being in the Master Lock for so long, Hardy toppled lifelessly to the floor outside.

Elimination #18 - Matt Hardy by Chris Masters and Carlito

Chris Masters then turned around just in time to block a kick from Shelton Benjamin. Masters threw Benjamin's leg away but Benjamin spun round. Instead of connecting to Masters with the Dragon Whip, though, Masters ducked and Shelton clattered into Carlito. Masters tried to get the Master Lock on Shelton, but Benjamin escaped before it could be applied and quickly hit Masters with his modified neckbreaker. Kurt Angle then drilled Benjamin with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex and did the same to Carlito and then Triple H. Rob Van Dam was climbing up to the top, but Kurt cut him off and hooked up a top-rope Angle Slam. Randy Orton stopped it though and nailed Angle with an RKO from the second rope!

----------

Rest to come in next post...

Edited by alldawson

Entrant #26 - William Regal

Blackpool's William Regal was the twenty-sixth entrant. He immediately knocked Van Dam off of the top rope and rocked him with a butterfly suplex. Regal threw some punches at Randy Orton and took him to the mat with a snap suplex. Regal continued to suplex everybody in sight - Masters, Benjamin, Carlito - but he was stopped then and there as Kurt Angle tripped him and applied the Ankle Lock. After a few moments of excruciating ankle torture, Regal tapped but obviously that didn't mean anything in this type of environment. "The Legend Killer" tried to intervene and get Angle with the RKO but Angle countered and soon enough had Orton trapped in the Ankle Lock. Orton managed to roll and kick the Olympian away - straight into the Master Lock! Masters cinched the lock in, but Shelton came out of nowhere with a superkick - Angle managed to sit-down and escape as Shelton's foot smacked Masters in the jaw and sent "The Masterpiece" flying over the top rope and out of the Royal Rumble!

Elimination #19 - Chris Masters by Shelton Benjamin

Entrant #27 - Rey Mysterio

Rey Mysterio received a huge roar from the crowd as he made his way into the Royal Rumble, leaping from the corner post and taking out Triple H, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam, Carlito and William Regal with a dive! Shelton Benjamin went for a Dragon Whip on Mysterio, but "The Master of the 619" countered and dropped Shelton onto the second rope before calling for the 619. He ran off the opposite ropes, but was tripped by Kurt Angle who trapped him in the Ankle Lock! Rey was able to roll through and send Angle onto the second rope and this time he hit the 619! Angle staggered back straight into an RKO! Orton didn't have time to celebrate though as Mysterio took him to the mat with a seated senton.

Entrant #28 - Chavo Guerrero

Chavo Guerrero came out to a great response from the crowd, who shortly began chanting "Eddie! Eddie!". Jerry Lawler mentioned on commentary that there was only two people left now - Edge and the mystery entrant. Guerrero entered the match and immediately made an impact by going up top and looking for a flying hurricanrana on Carlito. Carlito seemed to have countered and was holding Chavo in a powerbomb position, but Chavo was able to shift his weight and complete the hurricanrana, tossing Carlito over the top rope and to the outside!

Elimination #20 - Carlito by Chavo Guerrero

William Regal targeted the back of Chavo and hooked up a torture rack submission, but Rob Van Dam delivered a dropkick to Regal's gut. The move sent not only Regal stumbling backwards, but Chavo Guerrero over the top rope and to the floor.

Elimination #21 - Chavo Guerrero by William Regal/Rob Van Dam

Kurt Angle then quickly took advantage of the prone Regal (who was feeling the effects of that dropkick) and eliminated him with an Angle Slam over the top rope!

Elimination #22 - William Regal by Kurt Angle

Entrant #29 - Mystery Entrant

The Rumble counter on-screen made it's way down to zero and the buzzer sounded. The arena lights then went out and an orange logo with the number thirteen on it flashed on the screen as a heart beat thud played repeatedly over the sound system. The sound of a flatline on a hospital monitor then sounded and the music kicked in - the crowd was going wild. The arena lights flashed orange as Tazz made his way out onto the stage, black towel covering his head and black street clothes covering his body. Tazz walked quickly to the ring and removed his towel before entering. "The Human Suplex Machine" nailed Rey Mysterio with an exploder suplex, then Randy Orton received a capture suplex, Rob Van Dam was drilled with a German suplex, Shelton Benjamin approached, but was slung over the top rope in the way of a Tazzplex!

Elimination #23 - Shelton Benjamin by Tazz

Kurt Angle then stood nose-to-nose with Tazz and the two exchanged punches, Tazz getting the better of the exchange, but Angle was able to attempt the Angle Slam. Tazz slid out of it and wrapped Angle up in the Tazzmission as the crowd went crazy!

Entrant #30 - Edge

"Mr Money in the Bank" Edge was the final entrant and at number thirty had a big advantage. He hesitated to enter the ring, though, as Tazz stood tall over the broken bodies. As Edge slowly walked up the steel ring steps, Tazz was taken down from behind by Kurt Angle who trapped him in the Ankle Lock. Edge entered and started to stomp away at Tazz, but RVD took down Edge with a heel kick and then dropped a leg on Angle. Rey Mysterio dropped Van Dam onto the second rope and looked for the 619, but Edge destroyed him with a Spear. Orton went for an RKO on Edge but received a Spear for his efforts. Kurt Angle then tackled Edge to the mat and began to punch him in the head.

Tazz staggered to his feet, limping a bit from the Ankle Lock. He stumbled straight into a Pedigree from Triple H! "The Game" then sent RVD packing by throwing him over the top rope - or so he thought. Van Dam managed to hold onto the top rope and flip back into the ring and toss Triple H over the opposite set of ropes! Triple H was extremely angry and after having been in since number three, who could blame him?

Elimination #24 - Triple H by Rob Van Dam

Kurt Angle then dropped Van Dam with a German suplex, locking his hands and delivering two more. Tazz was up to a vertical base again, but was taken down quickly when Edge nailed him with a Spear. Orton took the opportunity and with Edge's aid managed to shove Tazz over the top rope and to the floor outside.

Elimination #25 - Tazz by Edge and Randy Orton

Orton and Edge then exchanged blows. Rey Mysterio charged at them, but they both managed to flip him over to the apron. Mysterio hung on and punched Edge and Orton away, but Kurt Angle charged at him. Mysterio was quick, though, and managed to pull down the top rope to send Angle flying over the top and out of the match!

Elimination #26 - Kurt Angle by Rey Mysterio

Randy Orton and Edge then continued their fist war with Mysterio. Rey got the upper hand and went to springboard back into the ring but Kurt Angle was still on the outside and he pulled Rey's leg, yanking the cruiserweight off of the apron and onto the floor.

Elimination #27 - Rey Mysterio by Kurt Angle

Angle cockily began to walk away but was distracted by Randy Orton who was laughing at him for being eliminated. Angle yelled at Orton, who was knocked from behind onto the apron by Edge. Angle tried to pull Orton off the apron, but Orton managed to kick him away. Orton went to focus his attention back in the ring, but Edge charged again, this time with a Spear knocking Orton off of the apron and out of the match!

Elimination #28 - Randy Orton by Edge

Kurt Angle then jumped Orton and a brawl ensued, the two battling into the crowd and out of sight.

As we returned to the ring there were now just the final two men - Edge and Rob Van Dam. "Mr Money in the Bank" went for a quick Spear, but Van Dam leapfrogged and connected with an enziguri, following that up with the Rolling Thunder. "Mr Pay-Per-View" then tried to get Edge over the top rope, but Edge elbowed his way out of trouble and then smashed Van Dam with a devastating Spear that took both men through the ropes and to the floor. Fortunately for them, though, the move sent them over the second rope but under the top rope so both were still competitors in the Rumble. After recovering, Edge went to the timekeeper's table and snatched a steel chair. He rolled RVD into the ring and followed, aiming to crush Van Dam's skull with the weapon. RVD had it scouted though and he smashed the chair into Edge's face with a Van Daminator! Edge slumped into the corner and RVD decided it was time to take a risk. Van Dam climbed up-top with the chair - the opposite side of the ring to where Edge was. He was about to leap off and attempt the Van Terminator when Edge scrambled out of the way. Van Dam got down and went after Edge but received a DDT for his troubles.

Van Dam lay motionless in the ring and Edge mimicked him by pointing to himself with his thumbs and then climbing to the top rope. Van Dam stumbled to his feet and grabbed the steel chair that was still in the ring. Edge readied himself to fly but he didn't get to jump as RVD nailed him with another Van Daminator, this one sending Edge crashing to the floor outside!

Elimination #29 - Edge by Rob Van Dam

Rob Van Dam celebrated his victory, raising his arms in the air - the steel chair still in hand. The crowd was going wild as Van Dam climbed the turnbuckles and lifted his arms into the air in victory. He would be main eventing WrestleMania in a match for the World Championship!

Match Length = 68 Minutes

TEW Match Grade = B+

Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler yelled into their headsets as they described what had just happened, several replays were being shown. Michael Cole had the last words of the night: "Rob Van Dam is going to WrestleMania!" The pay-per-view came to a close with Van Dam stood on the second rope, pointing to himself and the crowd screaming along with him - "Rob...Van...Dam!"

To my readers: I'd like your thoughts on the whole event, but particularly the Royal Rumble match as I haven't seen anyone else do one so I had nothing to go by, this is all from my own head. Too short? Too long? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Royal Rumble Prediction Contest Results

Position. Name - Points

1. Ron - 9

2. Leeder - 8

2. TGC - 8

4. Ben - 6

4. Cole - 6

4. mAXi - 6

7. king macho - 4

7. phatman - 4

Congratulations to Ron who is the Royal Rumble Prediction Contest winner with 9 points out of a possible 12. I'll contact you via PM for your prize.

Thanks to all who took part in the contest. I can tell you that the next one will be for No Way Out (Sunday, February Week 3, 2006).

The Royal Rumble was done perfectly. That was an awesome way to do it, with each entry done in a new paragraph, and elimations in bold. Not to bunched up and easy to read for anyone who doesn't want to go through the whole thing (which I normally do but I didn't this time). Tazz's entry was quite a shock. I didn't see that coming at all, which I guess is good.

Damn, 2nd. Anyway, can't wait for No Way Out and Mania.

Well done. That was brilliant.

Glad you picked the right people for the USC and Cruiserweight matches. I really liked Batista vs. Cena and am really introgued by the little scenario with Edge.

But i was impressed most of all with the Rumble match. Thats the writing style i liked and by god you did it perfectly. Great match.

Two things i thought could be used for next years Rumble ( If you get that far - hopefully ) is deveopment of more fueds. I thoguht there wasn't that much drama outside the ring , no heated confrontations. The other is , Tazz..

I was just really dissapointed that Tazz was the Mystery Entrant. I knew as soon as he came out instead of say Jericho or HBK he was not going to win. It seems very pointless to put Tazz in the rumble.

Anyway , im really looking forward to what goes on at RAW.

Edited by mAXi

Booker T winning is good, as I said before more possibilites with him as champion, Kane is a meh character at this point anyway.

Kash winning is another good. He needed the belt as Juvi isn't doing shit with it, I'm hoping you can make the Cruiserweight division respectable with more then just a few title changes and good matches here and there.

As I had hoped the final two teams were Hardy/Mysterio and MNM, MNM winning is good as long as their feud with Hardy and Mysterio continues.

Cena won :huh: Batista got speared by Edge :huh: With Edge having Money In The Bank, I thought it would make more sense for him to spear the champ, like spearing Cena after winning? He could have still costed Batista the match and then speared Cena, now I fret he'll be feuding with Batista and not going after the title.

Rumble time! Tazz returning was a shock, didn't expect that, I'm guessing this will be a full time return, I'm meh about that, but I'm guessing you'll have your booking skills at a high with him or else bringing him back would be a waste. Rob Van Dam winning is another thing I'm inbetween about, you know, I love Van Dam and what he can do but him winning isn't sitting right with me. Although the way you've pushed him in the last couple shows has been good, I'm sure you'll pull something nice out of it. Atleast, I hope you can.

As for the actual writing of the match it self it was great, I loved the way you wrote it, very good I could see the guys actually particpating when reading. I really liked the way you wrote the big gimmick match, it's something that I will read over and over when I have to write the same gimmick match.

Your TV shows are great and your PPV's are better, absolutely one of the best shows I've ever seen. This is probably why your diary is basically the only one I'm following at this point...

Keep going strong man!

IPB Image

WWE News and Notes

~ Attendance at last night's Royal Rumble in Miami, Florida was said to be poor. Reports estimate that overall attendance for the show was 14,300 which is less than WWE has been receiving at television tapings.

The buy rate right now is estimated at 716,500 buys.

After defeating World Heavyweight Champion Batista at the pay-per-view, John Cena is now the undisputed WWE Champion (WWE looks to be going with the WWE Championship name for the title) despite still receiving a very mixed reaction from the live crowds. Batista is now heading off for surgery on his lat tear and will be out for up to six months. When "The Animal" eventually returns our guess is that he will be involved in a storyline with Edge, who interfered against him at last night's pay-per-view, allowing John Cena to pick up the win.

Kid Kash captured the Cruiserweight Championship last night and it looks like he could be champion for a while with no other Cruiserweights seemingly in contention at the moment (other than Juvi). Juventud's loss may lead to a continuation of the feud with Kash, or something else. Unconfirmed reports have suggested that "The Juice" will be leaving The Mexicools group after Super Crazy and Psicosis' recent request to be split from him.

Rob Van Dam was somewhat of a shock winner of the Royal Rumble and he will be challenging for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 22 in Chicago, Illinois. We suspect a John Cena heel turn or a change of champion before then to set up a face versus heel WM main event.

Tazz was the 'mystery entrant' in the Royal Rumble, but don't expect it to lead to a full return for the former ECW World Champion. Reports confirm that Tazz is happy with his color commentator role and it is very unlikely he'll return as a full-time active wrestler.

Jerry "The King" Lawler and Michael Cole were the commentary duo for the Royal Rumble and it looks like WWE will stick with them for every pay-per-view from now on.

~ We reported on the WWE's current pay-per-view schedule a few days ago. There have been rumours that WWE will bring King of the Ring back to add more excitement to the, now single, roster. These are just rumours at the moment, though, and nothing is for certain. If it does return, it would likely return to the June PPV slot in place of Vengeance, or if not possibly even replace Judgment Day or The Great American Bash.

~ Now one half of the World Tag Team Champions, Joey Mercury of MNM, worked through last night's pay-per-view with illness. Mercury turned up to the arena not feeling too good and reports indicate he has some type of food poisoning. It wasn't visible through his performance, so some good work by Mercury last night. He doesn't expect to miss any time off because of it.

~ We can now confirm that Alex Shelley was indeed talking with the WWE and has signed a contract. Shelley has reported to Deep South Wrestling where he will join former TNA X Division Champion Chris Sabin.

IPB Image

The Undisputed Champ is Here!

Monday February W1, 2006

Just twenty-four hours removed from the eventful Royal Rumble pay-per-view, RAW comes to your screens on the USA network this Monday night.

Two men who will definitely have something to say are the now undisputed WWE Champion John Cena and the Royal Rumble winner Rob Van Dam. These two could meet in the main event of WrestleMania 22 and will be looking towards Chicago in April. What will they have to say about their victories last night, though?

Edge's interference against Batista at the Rumble probably cost "The Animal" the WWE Title. Batista would like to get some payback on Edge but he will have to wait quite a while. The former World Heavyweight Champion will be out of action indefinitely as he leaves to have surgery on an injury he has recently picked up. Edge will get away with his actions... for now.

Speaking of "Mr Money in the Bank", Edge came very close to winning the Royal Rumble himself. It came down to him and RVD, with Van Dam getting the WrestleMania title shot. With just a couple of months left for Edge to claim his "Money in the Bank" title shot, will we get any insight into when he plans to use it?

Juventud fell to Kid Kash last night, losing his Cruiserweight Title in the process. It wasn't a good night for The Mexicools overall as Super Crazy and Psicosis also failed to capture the World Tag Team Titles. Juventud hopes to get The Mexicools back on track, though, as he has already invoked his rematch clause for a Cruiserweight Title match this Monday night on RAW!

MNM won the World Tag Team Championship at the Royal Rumble, much to Melina's delight. This Monday night on RAW they will have the night off but they will be scouting their next challengers for the belts as Vince McMahon has made a number one contenders match. On RAW, Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio will battle The Mexicools with the winners getting a World Tag Team Title shot at No Way Out in just under three weeks time.

Triple H is also scheduled to be on RAW and will give his reaction to lasting so long in the Rumble match, only to walk away empty-handed.

For all of the Royal Rumble fallout tune into RAW at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

Edited by alldawson

IPB Image

WHAT: WWE RAW

WHEN: Monday, February W1, 2006

WHERE: TD Waterhouse Centre, Orlando, FL

CROWD: 13,193

Just twenty-four hours after the Royal Rumble pay-per-view, RAW emanated from the TD Waterhouse Centre in Orlando, Florida. The show kicked off with a Royal Rumble recap video which had commentary from the event over the top of pictures from the matches. The bulk of the video was devoted to "Mr Pay-Per-View" Rob Van Dam's victory in the prestigious Royal Rumble match. The package ended with a still of Van Dam celebrating his victory and Michael Cole's words over the top: "Rob Van Dam is going to WrestleMania!"

We were then taken into the arena as a buzz was making its way around the crowd. "The Voice of ECW" Joey Styles and his broadcast partner Jerry "The King" Lawler opened the show up as usual on commentary but would have to finish their introduction quickly as the, now undisputed, WWE Champion John Cena made his way out onto the stage. A big roar welcomed the champion although some jeers could be heard as well. Cena got into the ring and climbed two corners, raising his title to the fans at both. The champion grabbed a microphone and the fans quietened down to let him speak. Cena spoke of how he overcame half of the crowd booing him, Batista's ability and the pay-per-view atmosphere to "walk out of the Royal Rumble the undisputed WWE Champion". Cena went on to say that he had done his "chain gang" proud and that he would keep doing so until somebody could put a stop to "the high-speed train that is John Cena." Before he could go on, though, 2006 Royal Rumble winner Rob Van Dam made his way down to the ring to huge cheers from the Orlando crowd. Van Dam also grabbed a microphone and recalled how he took the Royal Rumble match "to the extreme". He then said that he would be the one to take Cena's WWE Championship and he would do so in the main event of WrestleMania... that is, of course, if Cena can hold onto the title until then. Cena was about to respond when another interruption cut him short as Triple H came out to the ring. "The Game", too, took a microphone. He said that he was the most dominant man in the Royal Rumble last night, lasting from number three and coming so close to winning. He then went on to mention how his "dreams were shattered" when Rob Van Dam chucked him over the top rope. Triple H said that he would love to be the one "kicking your [Rob Van Dam's] ass at WrestleMania" so he challenged John Cena to a match at No Way Out for the WWE Title! Before the champ could respond, though, he was interrupted yet again as "Mr Money in the Bank", Edge, joined the three men in the ring. He said that it didn't matter what number Triple H came in at and it didn't matter how long he lasted, Edge was closer to winning the Rumble so he thought he deserved a title shot at No Way Out. The four men began to argue, speaking all at once until WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's music hit.

McMahon made his way out onto the stage with a microphone in hand and promptly told the four Superstars in the ring to "shut the hell up". The boss said that he was the one who decided "who will face who and when it will happen." He put that into practice straight away, informing the men in the ring that they would all be in action tonight as he was forcing Edge to team up with Triple H to face the team of John Cena and Rob Van Dam in tonight's main event! As Vince left to go backstage, Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler questioned whether either team would be able to get along in the main event.

Singles - Cruiserweight Championship

Kid Kash © vs. Juventud

Just a day previously these two met for the Cruiserweight Championship of the World, but the roles had been reversed. Kid Kash was now the champion and Juventud, using his rematch clause, was the challenger. The two got off to a fast pace and Juventud got the upper hand early on, trying on several occasions to get an early pinfall. The challenger dropped the champion to the outside with a vertical suplex and the action continued there. Kash managed to drop Juvi onto the steel steps and then took to the skies, jumping from the top turnbuckle all the way to the outside with a somersault senton onto "The Juice". Back in the ring Juventud was able to escape numerous near falls although a couple were extremely close calls. The Mexicool then began to rally as he built some steam, sending Kash to the mat with a couple of hurricanranas and a high back suplex. A Juvi Driver looked to have the match sealed, but Kash was able to get his foot on the bottom rope just before the referee's hand hit the mat for a third time in succession. Juventud thought he had won, though, and he retrieved the Cruiserweight Title from ringside. Upon returning to the ring the referee explained to him what had happened and Juvi dropped the belt on the canvas. As "The Juice" was arguing with the official, Kid Kash sneakily picked up the title belt and when Juvi came over he got walloped with the gold! The referee had no choice but to call for the disqualification. Juventud picked up the win, but Kash had escaped with the Cruiserweight Title.

After returning from a commercial break the crowd began to yell "Woo!" as "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair's music sounded. The Intercontinental Champion strutted to the ring with one of his patented gowns on. Once between the ropes he took a microphone. Flair recapped his efforts in the Royal Rumble the night before and said that although he didn't win it, he was feeling good because he is "still the Intercontinental Champion, woo!" He went on to say that he hasn't had to defend the belt for quite a while but he was up for it tonight so he was issuing an open challenge to anybody in the locker room.

After a few moments without a response and Flair's persuasive "woo's" Simon Dean made his way out onto the stage with a microphone in hand. The fitness guru said that he gladly accepts "the challenge, if you can even call it that". Dean made fun of Flair, saying that he was "out of shape" and "past his prime". Simon entered the ring and suggested Flair try some of his "great Simon System products" if he wanted to get back into shape and be the best he could be... at his age. Before Dean could say any more, Flair began chopping away at the challenger's chest. A referee slid into the ring and the match was on.

Singles - Intercontinental Championship

Ric Flair © vs. Simon Dean

Flair's pre-match attack gave him the upper hand as the bell sounded. He backed his opponent into the corner, removed his jacket and continued connecting with knife-edge chops that echoed around the arena. Dean tried to battle back with some forearms, but he had a whip reversed and was sent flying over the top rope. Flair went to follow Dean out but he was instead tripped and dragged out to the floor by the fitness guru. Simon used the ring apron to do damage to the Intercontinental Champion's back before returning to the ring and trapping his adversary in a body scissors. Flair would fight out, again with the chops, and started to cut down Dean with some chop blocks and stomps to the knee. A Figure Four attempt was avoided as Dean sent the champion crashing into the turnbuckles. Simon's next set of intended offensive moves were stopped by a thumb to the eye and Flair continued to control the match. The founder of the Simon System would fight back, though, connecting with a couple of innovative suplex variations. The end of the match saw Dean go for the Simonizer, but Flair countered with a thumb to the eye and shortly had Dean tapping whilst in the Figure Four Leg Lock. "The Nature Boy" held on to his title.

To the interview area we went to see former "Miss Black America", Sharmell. She had a microphone in hand and she introduced "your new United States Champion" Booker T. Booker walked into the picture dressed smartly in a suit with the United States Championship belt slung over his shoulder. In a rather false interview tone, Sharmell asked Booker how it felt to beat Kane at the Royal Rumble to become the undisputed U.S. Champion. The champion said that it felt great to not only win that match, but to win the series after "all the odds were against" him, having to contend with not one but two opponents in the series. Sharmell praised Booker's achievement and the undisputed U.S. Champion closed with the following words: "That's right, Booker T is your United States Champion! Now can you dig that... sucka!?"

A video for the next WWE pay-per-view event, No Way Out, aired. The video featured footage of WWE Champion John Cena, Triple H, Rob Van Dam and Edge in action. In between the clips were the words: "On the road to WrestleMania... the last stop... will have No Way Out!" Quick flashes of bleeding Superstars and steel cages finished the footage and the No Way Out logo faded onto the screen with the date and details of the pay-per-view to end the video.

Tag Team - World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders

Matt Hardy & Rey Mysterio vs. The Mexicools' Super Crazy & Psicosis

As the action got underway we were shown the locker room area backstage where the World Tag Team Champions MNM, as well as Melina, were watching the match on a television, scouting their next opponents. Hardy and Mysterio controlled the early going as the match got off to a quick pace. The Mexicools soon took to the outside, only to have their opponents connect with stereo planchas. Mysterio nearly picked up the win following a seated senton on Super Crazy, but the pinfall only got to two. The Mexicools would rally later on in the match, managing to successfully executre several double team moves, most of them on Matt Hardy. That was when Juventud made his way down to ringside. Super Crazy and Psicosis were initially confused by his appearance but it appeared that Juvi was just there for moral support. The match continued and the four participants dazzled the fans with various high-flying moves including a tilt-a-whirl flying head scissors by Rey on Psicosis and a top rope hurricanrana by Super Crazy on Matt Hardy. The legal men were Rey Mysterio and Super Crazy as the match degenerated into a four-man brawl. Mysterio managed to dodge a Psicosis attack and Matt Hardy took the Mexicool to the outside with a cross body that sent both men tumbling to the floor. As the referee was caught up with the action on the outside, Juventud decided to involve himself in the match. "The Juice" ascended the turnbuckles and went for a cross body block on Mysterio, but Rey moved and Juvi connected with the move on Super Crazy! Mysterio promptly nailed Crazy with the 619 as the referee forced Juventud out of the ring. A springboard leg drop and a three count later, Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy were the number one contenders to MNM's titles!

Following a commercial break we returned to the ring as the only Olympic Gold Medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle, was making his way down and into the ring. The usual "You Suck!" chants echoed around the TD Waterhouse Centre. Angle took a microphone and made a speech detailing his efforts in last night's Royal Rumble match. He said that although the fans chanted "You Suck!" while his entrance music played, he heard the cheers for him during the Royal Rumble match and for that - he thanked them. Kurt was talking about how having the crowd behind you can give you an extra advantage during a match when he was interrupted by WWE Hall of Famer "Cowboy" Bob Orton Junior's music. Orton had a microphone and he spoke as he slowly walked down the ramp. He said that he knew what had been going on as of late between his son and Angle and that he thought it had gone too far. "Cowboy" Bob said that he respected Kurt and that he didn't think there was any need to "pursue this rivalry" with Randy. Angle was unsure what to think. As Orton climbed up the steps, though, he said that he retracted what he had just said and he told Angle to look behind him. Angle did so and was sent to the canvas hard with an RKO! Randy Orton had snuck into the ring just moments before! The Ortons then began to double team the Olympian, stomping him to the mat as the crowd jeered and an "Orton sucks!" chant started up. To add insult to injury Randy Orton trapped Kurt in his own submission move, the Ankle Lock as "Cowboy" Bob yelled insults at the four-time WWE Champion. Randy would perform his trademark pose above the fallen Angle with his father laughing before they left.

Returning to the backstage area a few minutes after the Ortons' attack on Kurt Angle, we saw Randy and his dad laughing about what they had just done while walking through the backstage area. Vince McMahon walked up to them and soon stopped their laughing. McMahon said that what the Ortons had just done was down-right dispicable and therefore he was making a match for this Friday on SmackDown - "Cowboy" Bob would be facing Kurt Angle in a singles match! The Ortons tried to get out of it, but Vince would hear none of it and he walked away.

Main Event - Tag Team

WWE Champion John Cena and Rob Van Dam vs. Edge (w/Lita) and Triple H

The entrants were making their ways to the ring as we returned from the final commercial break of the night. Triple H and Edge were already in the ring when Rob Van Dam got there. "The Game" and "Mr Money in the Bank" sought an early advantage by attacking the 2006 Royal Rumble Winner straight off the bat. The bell was rung and the match was officially underway. After a few moments of double teaming, John Cena's music hit and the WWE Champion rushed to the ring, dropping his belt on the ramp and sliding into the ring to aid his temporary tag team partner. The champ cleared Edge and Triple H out of the ring before taking off his t-shirt and throwing it to the fans. The referee managed to get the match under control and we finally began with two men in the ring and two on the apron. Edge and John Cena battled it out first, the undisputed WWE Champion getting the better of the exchange. Edge tagged out and Triple H cautiously made his way into the ring. "The Game" faired a lot better than Edge, albeit by using dirty tactics to get ahead. Cena was beaten down and isolated as Edge and Triple H began to work well as a team, keeping a fresh man in the ring with the beaten down Cena at all times. Van Dam was itching to get in the ring and did so when Cena was finally able to make a tag. Van Dam cleared the ring of his opponents and then leaped from the ring onto both of them on the outside. Lita tried to help Edge up as Van Dam and Cena came face-to-face on the inside of the ring. The crowd was buzzing as the two were getting in each other's face but nothing could happen as their opponents re-entered the ring and attacked them both. "Mr Money in the Bank" and "The Cerebral Assassin" dominated but it culminated in controversy as John Cena dodged a Spear and in a similar incident to a few weeks ago, Edge inadvertently speared his partner. Cena was then able to lift Edge up for the F-U, but on steadying himself Edge's feet connected with Rob Van Dam. Cena hit the F-U but did not make the cover as he wasn't the legal man. He told Van Dam to go for the pin but RVD was angry that Cena had (accidentally) swung Edge into him. Cena and RVD started to shove each other and shoves turned into fists and they began to brawl! A couple of officials tried to break it up but were unsuccessful as the two traded blows around ringside. Back in the ring Triple H and Edge were recovering and soon they were in each other's face and trading punches! The referee called for a no contest ruling as all four men brawled uncontrollably in the ring.

Several officials were unable to seperate the Superstars and were soon joined by other wrestlers to try and end the brawling. Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler couldn't believe what they were seeing. The chaos in and around the ring continued as RAW went off the air.

IPB Image

The Results of Chaos

Friday February W1, 2006

The Royal Rumble aftermath was certainly felt Monday night in Orlando, Florida. RAW came to a close in utter chaos as several officials and Superstars tried to seperate WWE Champion John Cena, Rob Van Dam, Edge and Triple H whose main event tag team match had degenerated into a huge four-way brawl. All four are scheduled to be on SmackDown this Friday night, can they keep their cools this time?

Also on RAW, WWE Hall of Famer "Cowboy" Bob Orton returned to our screens to aid his son, Randy, in getting one over on Kurt Angle. "Cowboy" Bob provided a distraction so "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton could sneak attack Kurt from behind. Mr McMahon did not approve of their actions and in order to punish them made a match for this Friday's SmackDown - "Cowboy" Bob Orton versus Kurt Angle! This will be Kurt Angle's chance to get some payback and it should be very eventful.

Newly crowned World Tag Team Champions MNM found out who their first challengers will be as Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio overcame Super Crazy and Psicosis in a number one contenders match. The World Tag Team Championship match is scheduled for No Way Out in sixteen days. Will the champions and challengers' paths cross on SmackDown?

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair successfully defended his Intercontinental Championship on RAW, defeating Simon Dean after issuing an open challenge. Flair has said that he will make another challenge on Friday. To find out who will answer it, tune into SmackDown!

It has not been a good week so far concerning The Mexicools. Juventud lost his Cruiserweight Championship to Kid Kash at the Royal Rumble and then failed to regain it on RAW and the team of Super Crazy and Psicosis lost a number one contenders match on RAW, just one day after failing to capture the World Tag Team Championship. To make matters worse Juventud accidentally cost his stable-mates on RAW, connecting with a cross body block on Super Crazy instead of Rey Mysterio and inadvertently costing them a World Tag Team Championship shot. Is there trouble brewing amongst The Mexicools?

Two men we haven't heard from since the Royal Rumble are Lashley and The Boogeyman who eliminated each other during the Rumble match. Will either be a part of SmackDown this week and if so, what role will they play?

Don't miss SmackDown this week at 8/7 CT on UPN!

IPB Image

WWE News and Notes

~ A year-high number of fans tuned into WWE RAW on Monday night on the USA Network. Close to 2,000,000 people watched the program.

~ It has been reported that WWE has been trying to negotiate a return to the company for Charlie Haas. The former WWE Tag Team Champion, however, has refused to enter negotiations with the promotion due to his heavy independent schedule.

~ Chris Jericho recently stated in an interview that he feels he is ready to return to the world of wrestling after his short hiatus. Whether he will rejoin WWE or go to TNA (the two favorites to sign him) is still up in the air. We'll keep you posted.

~ WWE has agreed a deal with CBS to air a new television program. Reports indicate that the show will begin sometime in March and mainly have matches from the midcard and lower guys in the company, as well as recaps of the week's RAW and SmackDown programming. No word yet on how long the show will be, or what name will be used for the show.

IPB Image

WHAT: WWE Friday Night SmackDown!

WHEN: Friday, February W1, 2006

WHERE: The Pyramid Arena, Memphis, TN

CROWD: 14,233

Singles

Kane vs. Chris Masters

This week's edition of SmackDown, emanating from Memphis, Tennessee, kicked off with some in-ring action as "The Big Red Monster" Kane was set to battle "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters. Kane was absent on RAW just a few days previously, something which Michael Cole informed us was on Vince McMahon's orders as the WWE Chairman believed Kane to be in "a dangerous and rather unstable mood" after losing to Booker T at the Royal Rumble. "The Big Red Monster" hadn't really cheered up since then, though, and he showed it in the early parts of the match, smashing Masters with hard right hands and tossing him around the ring like a rag doll. "The Masterpiece" would battle back and grab a couple of near falls following powerslams, but Kane wouldn't stay down and it was sooner rather than later that he was pinning Masters' shoulders to the mat for a three count after a huge chokeslam.

We were taken backstage for the first time of the night, straight to Vince McMahon's office. McMahon was checking out the new WWE Divas magazine as Randy Orton walked into the room, aiding his father, "Cowboy" Bob, in walking. McMahon stood up and asked what they wanted. Randy spoke, pleading with Vince to call off his father's match against Kurt Angle because the WWE Hall of Famer had injured his leg and could barely walk. McMahon seemed to be listening intently and after a brief inspection of "Cowboy" Bob, kicked his knee! Vince informed the Ortons that the match would be going ahead, whether Randy's dad was injured or not. The Ortons stormed out of the room - even Bob, whose leg seemed to have magically healed itself.

A switch of backstage scenes took us to the locker room where Super Crazy and Psicosis were talking to each other in Spanish. Juventud then walked into the picture and greeted his stable-mates, but he wasn't received well. All three men were soon yelling in Spanish, Juvi being the target of the other two's verbal abuse. Juventud calmed them down and spoke in English now, telling them that he was sorry that he cost them a shot at MNM's tag team belts but that it was in the past and they had to look to the future now. "The Juice" asked them if they had his back for his match tonight. Crazy and Psicosis said that they did and their troubles seemed to have been smoothed over.

Singles

Juventud (w/Super Crazy & Psicosis) vs. Jamie Noble

Jamie Noble was making his return to WWE television in this match, much to the surprise of everyone in the arena. Super Crazy and Psicosis accompanied "The Juice" to the ring. This battle of former Cruiserweight Champions began at a predictable quick pace, both men successfully executing arm drags. A stalemate in offense prompted Jamie Noble to revert to underhanded tactics as a few minutes into the contest he rocked Juventud with a low blow out of the referee's field of vision. The match continued with Noble getting a couple of near falls before locking in a dragon sleeper. The Mexicool managed to escape, though, instead planting Noble with a northern lights suplex for two. "The Juice" began to feel it as he knocked Noble to the mat with punches and then drilled him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for another near fall. As the match neared its conclusion, Super Crazy climbed up on the apron and distracted the referee as Psicosis grabbed a water bottle from the timekeeper's table. Psicosis went to spit water in Noble's face as Juvi shoved him towards the ropes, but Noble was able to duck and Psicosis sprayed his stable-mate by accident! Noble quickly drilled Juventud with the Tiger Bomb and got the three count! Noble left the ring quickly as Psicosis and Crazy checked on Juvi, who was clearly angry at what had just transpired.

A commercial break came and went and we returned to the ringside area as The Boogeyman's music chimed over the speakers, smoke filled the arena and possibly the weirdest Superstar in WWE history made his way to the ring, smashing a clock over his head on his way. The Boogeyman snatched a microphone from Tony Chimel, who then willingly exited the ring. Boogeyman began to recite another nursery rhyme when Lashley's music hit and the powerhouse walked out to the ring, an angry look on his face. Boogeyman did not seem phased by the interruption. Lashley grabbed another microphone and had a go at The Boogeyman for returning to the Royal Rumble match after he had been eliminated, just to eliminate Lashley. Lashley said he wanted an explanation, but he didn't get one as The Boogeyman just stared, slowly moving towards him. As The Boogeyman got closer, Lashley... well, lashed out, throwing several punches and backing him into the far corner. The Boogeyman wouldn't go down without a fight, though, and he powered Lashley out of the corner and to the mat with a double handed variation of a chokeslam. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of worms, proceeding to drape them over Lashley's face and chest. Lashley squirmed out of the ring and began to retreat up the aisle, Boogeyman just laughing on from the ring.

Singles

Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito

Shelton Benjamin's only victory of 2006 had been a disqualification ruling over Paul Burchill. He wanted to get a win in '06 and he showed it very early on, his first move of the match being a school boy roll-up that barely managed to get a one count. Carlito battled back with clubs to the back of Benjamin and then dived off of the second rope and over Benjamin, rolling him up with a sunset flip for a two count. A combination of pinfall attempts followed as each man reversed the other, trying to get the three. After several kickouts, Carlito had had enough and levelled his opponent with a quick clothesline. Shelton took to the air shortly after with a flying clothesline that got a near fall. Benjamin was going strong and connected with various suplexes. However, Carlito had sneakily removed a turnbuckle pad earlier in the match and Shelton crashed sternum-first into it as he mis-cued on the Stinger Splash. Carlito was then able to his his modified neckbreaker and pick up the three count.

Returning to the backstage area, we saw Matt Hardy walking backstage. All of a sudden he stopped as the camera turned and saw that Hardy had seen Melina. Melina taunted Matt, saying that he and Mysterio didn't have a chance at No Way Out when they were to battle MNM for the World Tag Team Championship. After Melina had insulted him about his former relationship with Lita, Matt Hardy chased after her. The Diva lead Hardy straight into a trap, though, as the World Tag Team Champions MNM attacked from out of nowhere. The champions double-teamed Hardy, even hitting him with the Snapshot onto the concrete floor when ordered to by Melina. MNM surveyed the damage they had done before walking off. Rey Mysterio was quick to come to the aid of Matt Hardy, checking on him and shouting out for medical help.

Singles

Kurt Angle vs. "Cowboy" Bob Orton (w/Randy Orton)

The Olympian Kurt Angle was received well by the fans, but the "You suck!" chants still were made, loud and clear. "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton accompanied his father to the ring for the match. Randy proved to be of use before the match even began, getting into a war of words with Angle from the apron. This allowed Bob Orton to jump Angle from behind, using clubbing forearm blows to the back of the surgically-repaired neck of Kurt Angle. The early advantage for Orton lasted a minute or so until Angle was able to charge him into the corner and connect with punches before throwing him across the ring with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Angle pulled down his singlet straps and stalked his opponent. Despite his son's words of warning, "Cowboy" Bob staggered back into an Angle Slam. The Olympic Gold Medalist then went to apply the finishing touches, trapping Orton in the Ankle Lock and making sure he couldn't go anywhere with a leg grapevine also applied. The move was barely on for two seconds when Randy slid into the ring and broke up the hold, disqualifying his dad but also saving him from tapping out and possibly having his ankle broken.

Orton continued to stomp away on Angle after the bell and clubbed him in the chest multiple times with his forearm. "Cowboy" Bob was soon back to his feet and he joined his son in another two-on-one beat-down of Kurt Angle. Angle began to fight back, managing to counter an RKO and begin to beat up the WWE Hall of Famer in the corner. It wouldn't last long, though, as Randy snatched a steel chair from ringside and used it right on the top of Angle's head, sending Kurt to the mat hard. The Ortons exited the ring and looked back at Angle, their heads held high in victory as Kurt struggled to move in the ring.

A video of Batista's surgery was shown. Clips from the actual surgery itself among words from the former World Heavyweight Champion filled the package. "The Animal" finished the video with the words, "I'm coming back, I'm going to be better than ever, and I will once again be top of the mountain, the WWE Champion."

Returning to The Pyramid Arena in Memphis, Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair's music hit. As he made his way to the ring, Michael Cole and Tazz recapped what had took place on RAW as Ric Flair made an open challenge and then defeated Simon Dean to retain the Intercontinental Title. "The Nature Boy" entered the ring and took a microphone, again issuing an open challenge amongst a bunch of "Woo!" shouts.

After a short pause, United States Champion Booker T's music hit and he walked out to the ring with Sharmell. Sharmell took a microphone and introduced her husband before saying that the only thing better than Booker T being the U.S. Champion was Booker T "also being the Intercontinental Champion!" Booker T nodded his head in agreement. Flair responded positively, accepting the challenge and telling the crowd that it was on for both the Intercontinental and United States Championships. He was interrupted by Booker T, though, who said he wasn't putting his own title on the line - this was Ric Flair's challenge, not Booker T's to which the crowd jeered heavily. Flair then made a comment about Sharmell and began thrusting his hips in her direction, only to have Booker knock him to the canvas. The match, for the Intercontinental Championship only, was on.

Singles - Intercontinental Championship

Ric Flair © vs. United States Champion Booker T (w/Sharmell)

Booker continued to punish Flair with fists to the face as the match got underway. Flair battled back quickly with knife-edge chops to his foe's chest but received them straight back from the five-time WCW Champion. Booker gained some more momentum as he knocked Flair down with a back elbow and a high back body drop shortly after. Booker mocked "The Nature Boy" and then went to steal his patented Figure Four Leg Lock, but the Intercontinental Champion managed to kick him away - shoulder-first into the ring post! The battle spilled to the outside where both men exchanged chops, Flair getting the better of the exchange until Booker dropped him chest-first onto the security barrier. Booker returned to the ring to be berated by the referee and Sharmell took the chance to slap Flair across the face. She went to do it again, but the sixteen-time World Champion blocked it and again made the thrusting motion with his hips. Booker then intervened and tossed Flair back into the ring. The two combatants brought the house chop-wise and the crowd began a "Booker sucks!" chant. After dodging a Scissors Kick, Flair took Booker down with a DDT and then applied the Figure Four! Booker squirmed in pain and nearly had his shoulders down for a three count. He did manage to reverse the hold, though putting the pressure on Flair. The Intercontinental Champion was able to make it to the ropes to break the hold. Sharmell would then distract the referee, climbing up on the apron. The official hadn't noticed that she had chucked the U.S. Title belt to her husband. Booker aimed, but Flair ducked the weapon and nailed Booker with a low blow. The referee was still distracted so could not make the count when Flair went for the cover. "The Nature Boy" then knocked Sharmell off the apron but turned around to be greeted by a kick to the gut and the Scissors Kick! Booker rolled into the cover and the referee counted the three! Booker T was announced the winner and new Intercontinental Champion. He left with Sharmell, now a double champion displaying his titles proudly. Flair looked on from the ring as the Bookers celebrated the win.

Coming back to ringside after a short commercial break, the squared circle was set up for an edition of Edge and Lita's show - The Cutting Edge. The couple made their way to the ring, receiving a big round of boos in the process. A "Slut!" chant directed at Lita echoed around The Pyramid Arena, but Edge shot it down and laughed. Lita then introduced tonight's guest on The Cutting Edge... Edge! Edge said that it was right, he was the guest because he had "a very important announcement to make". He likened the announcement's importance to that of the President making a speech, so the fans should "just shut up and listen". Edge then went on to say that he had been carrying his "Money in the Bank" briefcase around for ten months since winning the contract at WrestleMania 21. He said that now, though, was the time to "cash it in"! Edge informed us that he is cashing in his "Money in the Bank" WWE Championship shot to face the champion, John Cena, at No Way Out! Neither the audience, Michael Cole or Tazz could believe it.

The WWE Champion John Cena's music then hit and he made his way onto the Cutting Edge set. He picked up a microphone and started to tell Edge that he doesn't care if Edge is cashing in his Money in the Bank shot, because Cena will beat him just like he has JBL, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and every other challenger to his title. He didn't get to finish what he wanted to say, though, as Triple H's music sounded and "The Cerebral Assassin" stormed to the ring and took a microphone. "The Game" said that both Cena and Edge sucked, that they weren't even in Triple H's league and it should be he, the former 10-time World Champion, main eventing the pay-per-views and wrestling for the WWE Championship. Before either man could respond, yet another interruption occurred. This time it was the 2006 Royal Rumble Winner, Rob Van Dam. RVD told the other three Superstars that none of them had what it takes to "take the WWE Championship to the extreme". He suggested that they all "quit whining" because it didn't matter who went to WrestleMania with the WWE Title - Van Dam was taking it away from them. All four men began to argue again and before long were entangled in another four-way brawl, very similar to what transpired this past Monday on RAW. Lita escaped the ring and encouraged officials and other Superstars to break the four men up which proved to be a very hard task indeed. Edge escaped the ring and joined Lita in retreating up the aisle as Cena, Triple H and Rob Van Dam were restrained by officials. SmackDown went off the air, a similar ending to what happened on RAW a few days previously.

IPB Image

WWE News and Notes

~ WWE Diva Lita has been suspended for one week by the company. Her late arrival at Tuesday's SmackDown taping prompted the disciplinary measure. She will be back on television for No Way Out.

~ Not much has gone in within the cruiserweight division in WWE in the last week but reports say that there will be a Cruiserweight Championship match at the No Way Out pay-per-view. We'd expect this to be a last-minute addition to the card unless more things happen storyline-wise in the next week.

~ Apparently the tag team division will be getting a good lookover before WrestleMania 22 in Chicago. Teams from outside the company are being looked at, as well as discussions backstage about possible teams that could be created from the already available Superstars. We have heard that the Shane twins who are currently in DSW are being closely looked at and they might receive a call-up shortly after No Way Out.

~ Rumours surrounding the new television deal agreed between CBS and WWE indicate that the program will likely be taped on a Tuesday before the SmackDown weekly tapings and aired on CBS sometime over the weekend. Still no time slot has been revealed.

IPB Image

Cashing In

Monday February W2, 2006

Last Friday night, SmackDown ended with a scene reminiscent of the one that ended last week's RAW - WWE Champion John Cena, Edge, 2006 Royal Rumble Winner Rob Van Dam and Triple H having to be seperated by officials as a wild brawl had occurred between the four Superstars. This all happened minutes after Edge announced he was going to "cash in" his Money in the Bank WWE Championship shot at No Way Out. This Monday night on RAW, Vince McMahon will sort out the situation and put these Superstars in their places.

In a shocking turn of events on SmackDown last week, United States Champion Booker T answered "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair's open challenge and in the subsequent match, won the Intercontinental Championship. Booker T is now a double champion and there's not a doubt what mood he'll be in come Monday night, but how will Booker celebrate?

Randy Orton's interference on his father's behalf against Kurt Angle gave the Olympian a victory by disqualification on SmackDown. Angle then fell victim to another two-on-one assault by the Ortons. Will Kurt be able to exact some revenge on RAW, or will he again be attacked and outnumbered by the Ortons? Tune in to find out.

World Tag Team Champions MNM, with the aid of Melina, could have sealed themselves an advantage heading into their first title defense at No Way Out by taking out Matt Hardy last Friday. Hardy's tag team partner, Rey Mysterio wants to get some payback and will meet Johnny Nitro in singles action on RAW. We'll also hopefully get an update on the condition of Matt Hardy.

Lashley attacked The Boogeyman last Friday, only to have a handful of worms draped over his face from the weird newcomer. Both men are scheduled to be on RAW, so we might get further development into what is going on between these two.

The Mexicools continued to have troubles on SmackDown last week. After seemingly settling their differences, Psicosis inadvertently aided Jamie Noble in picking up a win over Juventud. We hope to get an interview with Juventud on RAW to learn more about The Mexicools' current situation.

Don't miss out on RAW this Monday night at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

This is great, something interesting always happening. Its believable too. I've read good diaries by you before and this one looks to be no different. Interested to see if you'd finally give RVD that World title push. Keep up the good work (Y)

IPB Image

WHAT: WWE RAW

WHEN: Monday, February W2, 2006

WHERE: Toyota Center, Houston, TX

CROWD: 12,946

This week's edition of RAW, from Houston, Texas, began with the WWE Chairman Vince McMahon making his way down to the ring, briefcase in hand. He was dressed in a crisp suit as always and he took a microphone from ringside. McMahon cut straight to the point, noting that the fans may recognise the briefcase he had in his hand - it was Edge's "Money in the Bank" briefcase. Vince recollected Edge's announcement last Friday night on SmackDown, that he wanted to cash in his shot to face John Cena at No Way Out. The boss said that the match was now set, Edge would battle John Cena for the WWE Championship in the main event of No Way Out. McMahon said they would finalise the match with a contract signing on SmackDown - where he will also reveal what type of match the two men will compete in.

Just as Vince was finishing what he had to say, Triple H's music hit and the former ten-time World Champion came down to the ring and took a microphone. "The Game" said that he was disappointed in Vince as he should have "realised by now that Triple H is the best wrestler in the world". "The Cerebral Assassin" reminded Vince of his accomplishments in the WWE and said that he should be the one with the WWE Championship around his waist, so he should face Cena at No Way Out, not Edge. McMahon listened to what Triple H had to say and he agreed that "The Game" had a very impressive resumé. McMahon said he would therefore give Triple H the opportunity to once again headline WrestleMania, but it wouldn't be by facing John Cena at No Way Out - it would be by facing Rob Van Dam at No Way Out, with Van Dam's title shot he won at the Royal Rumble on the line! Triple H didn't seem completely happy with this, but Vince left the ring before he could say anything.

Singles - Non-Title

Paul London vs. Cruiserweight Champion of the World Kid Kash

The in-ring action on RAW began with some Cruiserweight competition as Paul London was set to battle Cruiserweight Champion of the World Kid Kash in a non-title match. London took it to Kash as the match got underway, connecting with an enziguri early on for a two count. Kash tried to escape on the outside, but London went airborne, leaping from the ring onto the champion with a slingshot plancha. Kash would get himself some momentum soon, though, by throwing London into the steel ring steps. Kash went for the Dead Level on the outside but London countered, only to be again tossed into the ring steps. Back in the ring Kash worked on London's back to try and keep the former champion grounded. London battled back, though, and scored a near fall following a DDT counter. Kash retook control and that was when Chavo Guerrero's music hit and he walked out onto the stage to survey the match. This distracted Kash and allowed London to score with a roll-up and the three! Kash was furious as London was named the winner of the match. Guerrero just looked on from the stage.

Our first backstage scene of the night was of the United States, and now Intercontinental Champion, Booker T and his wife, Sharmell. The two briefly discussed Booker's success on SmackDown and the five-time WCW Champion told Sharmell that he was going to take Sharmell to a local restaurant to celebrate his recent championship success. Sharmell seemed excited by the news as the scene faded out.

Back at ringside, Jerry "The King" Lawler had left his broadcast position to enter the ring. Lawler told the fans he was going to get the "inside scoop" on the recent problems of The Mexicools. He then introduced the Mexican trio who came down to the ring, noticeably less energetic than usual. Juventud spoke the most, saying that the group had had their troubles in recent weeks, failing to win in important matches and, inadvertently, costing each other matches. "The Juice" said it wasn't as big a problem as was being made out, though, and that they would work through the problems because they're "not Mexicans" they're "Mexicools!"

Singles

Lashley vs. Chris Masters

This battle on paper was one between two dominant powerhouses and it turned out that way. The two participants exchanges powerful body and powerslams. Masters hit Lashley with a spinebuster, but too much taunting cost him as Lashley got to his knees and launched himself at his opponent, charging him into the corner and connecting with several shoulder thrusts. Masters would fight back but he missed the Polish Hammer and was promptly lifted up for the Dominator. "The Masterpiece" was able to slip out, though, and catch Lashley off-guard, trapping him in the Master Lock! Masters applied the pressure and Lashley began to fade. Lashley didn't go out that quickly, though, as he found some sort of second wind and started to power out! Masters' fingers were barely still clasped when The Boogeyman's music hit and the arena lights turned red. Lashley's attention turned to the stage and the distraction allowed Masters to cinch his finisher in and Lashley was soon limp from the pressure. The referee let his arm fall once and then rang the bell to announce a Masters victory. Masters didn't release the hold, though, as Boogeyman came down the ramp and slid into the ring. Boogeyman began to eat worms again, freaking out Masters who quickly let Lashley fall to the mat. The Boogeyman chased Masters out of the ring before lifting Lashley onto his shoulder and carrying him out of the ring, through the crowd and out of sight, leaving Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler wondering what The Boogeyman intended to do with Lashley.

The RAW broadcast team was then connected to Matt Hardy via satellite. Hardy had a neckbrace on and a bandage wrapped around his head. Joey Styles welcomed Hardy and asked the question that was on everybody's mind - what is the condition of Matt Hardy? Hardy responded by saying that he wasn't too good after having his head smacked into the concrete by MNM last Friday. Styles followed up by asking whether Hardy would make it to No Way Out in just under two weeks to team with Rey Mysterio and compete for the World Tag Team Championship, currently held by MNM. Matt said that his appearance at No Way Out is in doubt right now, but he wants to be there and if there's the slightest chance he can, he'll jump on it - he wouldn't want to leave Rey Mysterio to battle for the both of them. Styles thanked Hardy, wished him good health and the connection was ended.

The next scene was an unfamiliar one, that of a restaurant. Booker T and Sharmell were sitting at a table, clearly half-way through a meal, Booker's U.S. and Intercontinental belts draped over the side of the table. Booker told his wife that he was unsure at first about the decision to have Sharmell accompany him to the ring for his matches, but it had turned out much better than he ever could have imagined. The couple continued with their meal and conversation as we left the scene.

Back at the arena, Michael Cole was standing backstage, ready to interview the winner of the 2006 Royal Rumble match - Rob Van Dam. The SmackDown announcer congratulated RVD on his Royal Rumble victory before asking him how it felt to have to put what he rightfully earned on the line in a match against Triple H at No Way Out. Van Dam said some people may not think it to be right or fair, but he was "a fighter" and if he has to beat Triple H at No Way Out to go on and face the WWE Champion at WrestleMania, then that was what he was going to do. RVD said that at No Way Out, "The Game" will be taken to the next level - "the extreme level" by none other than "Mr Pay-Per-View", Rob...Van...Dam.

Singles

Rey Mysterio vs. World Tag Team Champion Johnny Nitro (w/Melina & World Tag Team Champion Joey Mercury)

Mysterio began the bout aggressively, wanting to get some payback for his tag team partner Matt Hardy after MNM attacked him last week. Nitro took a hurricanrana and looked to rest on the outside, but Rey Mysterio flipped over the ropes and crashed onto the tag team champions on the floor! Mysterio continued with the offense, returning to the ring and scoring a near fall after a modified DDT. Melina proved useful to Nitro as she distracted the referee and Mysterio, allowing Mercury to enter the ring and nail Rey with a clothesline to put Nitro back in control. A superkick from Nitro scored a two count. Mysterio's resilience brought him right back into the match-up as he connected with several offensive maneuvers including a seated senton for a two count. "The Master of the 619" took his opponent up to the top rope and attempted a top-rope hurricanrana, but Joey Mercury held onto Nitro's leg, and Mysterio crashed to the mat. Moments later Melina would be a distraction again, allowing Mercury into the ring once more. Mysterio tried to fight the champions off but fell victim to the Snapshot and then the three count - the referee oblivious to the interference.

Returning from a commercial break, the only Olympic Gold Medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle, was making his way down to the ring. Angle was dressed in street clothes but after grabbing a microphone, made it clear that he was ready to fight as he called Randy and "Cowboy" Bob Orton out. The Olympian said he was tired of the recent jumps, the "two-on-one sneak attacks" and most importantly, he was tired of the Ortons. He called them to the ring so that they could settle it right then and there.

After a few moments' pause, Randy Orton's music hit and he came out with his Hall of Fame father. The two cautiously approached the ring, seemingly discussing tactics. Randy took a microphone from ringside while his dad stayed around the other side of the ring, Angle's focus switching between the two. "The Legend Killer" told Angle that he was making a big mistake, but if he wanted to settle it now, they would settle it now. "Cowboy" Bob slid into the ring but was quickly backed into the corner by Angle's punches. Randy also slid in but he, too, was sent into the corner from Angle's punches. Just when it looked like the numbers game would catch up with Angle, the Olympian drilled Randy with a German suplex and sent his father crashing to the mat with the Angle Slam. Angle then slid out of the ring, grabbed a steel chair and returned - the crowd buzzing with anticipation. Angle slammed the steel across "Cowboy" Bob's back before chasing Randy Orton out of the ring, swinging the weapon. The Ortons retreated up the ramp, Angle holding the steel chair, all pumped up, the crowd chanting his name.

We went back to the local restaurant where Booker T and his wife Sharmell were still enjoying their meal. Booker called for some wine from the waiter. We only saw the waiter's body - until the camera panned up to reveal it was actually Ric Flair! Booker told the waiter what kind of wine he wanted, only to look up and see it was the former Intercontinental Champion. Before Booker could move, Flair smashed a bottle of wine over the U.S. Champion's head, causing Sharmell to start screaming. Flair tipped the table over and then began to pummel Booker as everybody else in the restaurant looked on. After putting a sufficient beating on the now bloody Booker T, Flair grabbed Sharmell by the arm and demanded that she tell her husband that he would be against Ric Flair at No Way Out for both the U.S. and Intercontinental straps. "The Nature Boy" left the restaurant and the teary Sharmell checked on Booker, a couple of waiters and waitresses coming over to see the damage.

WWE Champion John Cena's music blared into the Toyota Center and he made his way down to the ring. The champion took a microphone and once the crowd had settled down he proceeded to cut a rap on his No Way Out opponent, Edge. He made derogatory comments about Lita as well as dissing Edge and his chances of becoming new WWE Champion at No Way Out. He also added that it didn't matter what type of match the two were to compete in, for the "Chain Gang" would have his back and he would never step down and never quit.

Main Event - Singles - Non-Title

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Carlito

"I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool." That was what signalled Cena's opponent tonight as Carlito made his way down to the ring with his apple as usual. The WWE Champion attacked Carlito, barely letting him to enter the ring. The match had begun and Cena was quickly on the offensive. After numerous punches in the corner sent Carlito to the mat, Cena picked up the apple that had bobbled onto the canvas, picked it up, took a bite and was about to spit it in his foe's face, but Carlito had the presence of mind to pull Cena face-first into the top turnbuckle. Carlito was then on top and he dominated the next few minutes, his offensive attack culminating in a two count following a fisherman's suplex. Cena battled back and began to rally, connecting with the spinning-out powerbomb and then the Five Knuckle Shuffle. The champion began to "pump it up" when his No Way Out challenger, Edge, rushed down the ramp and into the ring, tackling Cena to the mat and laying into him with right hands. The match official had no choice but to call for the disqualification on Carlito's behalf.

Edge continued the assault, standing up and readying Cena for the Spear. The champion was able to dodge, though, and Edge went crashing into Carlito with the move. Carlito rolled slowly to the outside as Cena tackled Edge and returned the favor, pummeling him with right hand shots. Cena lifted "Mr Money in the Bank" up for the FU but Edge slipped out of it. The champion settled for clotheslining Edge over the top rope and to the floor. The WWE Champion stood tall in the ring, holding his title belt in the air as Edge staggered back on the entrance ramp, rubbing his jaw. Had Edge picked the wrong time to cash in his Money in the Bank shot? RAW went off the air with Edge staring back at the ring, Cena proudly displaying the WWE Championship.