WWE Raw 2006

PokerGod11

I know I will probably get in trouble for this, but now that my classes for the Spring are over, I have more free time so I am planning to continue this diary. I tried starting a new one but I wasen't having that much fun and I really liked what I did with this one.

I am telling you this because it has been about 2 months since I updated this and whatever readers I have probably have left or forgot what was going on.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, you can read from the beginning and maybe follow as I pick this back up. Thank You!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw July 11, 2006

Man, it is good to be back going LIVE. Last week was great and all, but watching at home, I knew that Live came across so much better. I had done a lot of thinking the past week and I haden't regretted my decision to stay with the WWE. I mean, afterall, it is the #1 sports entertainment company in the world. Well... I didn't regret my decision until I got to the building tonight. For some reason, after officiating HHH/Eugene, I am back to curtain jerking this week as I get Lance Cade v. Viscera. Anyway, should be a good show as we build up to Saturday Night Main Event, the first in nearly a decade. With War-Games planned, this should be good.

Heat: Lance Cade v. Viscera

-Alright, I am not going to bore you. This match stunk, plain and simple. I turned down officiating TNA Main Events for this? Anyway, Viscera wins courtesy of the Vis-Agra.

Raw Opening/Rated-R awaits the King

Backstage we see Edge, Lita, Snitski, and CM Punk sitting in the bed of someone's truck. They seem to be talking when suddenly Edge tells everyone to quiet down. A black limo pulls into the garage and everyone stands up and climbs out of the truck. Edge opens the limo door and Triple H steps out. HHH seems surprised and asks Edge what the WWE champion is doing opening car doors. Edge tells HHH to cut the bulls(bleep) and that they needed to come up with a plan before War-Games. HHH agrees and hands CM Punk his bags while everyone walks inside. Punk looks insulted but walks in as well.

Goldust © v. Tom Meadows (Hardcore title)

Local indy wrestlers Tom Meadows took his stab at the Hardcore champ, but to no avail. Goldust dominates in this match and puts Meadows away with the curtain call to retain the title. Very few weapons were used in this match.

Decision to be made

Backstage we see Kane and Big Show. They are trying to decide which one will wrestle Chris Masters for the IC title tonight. They decide on Rock/Paper/Scissors,but after Show complains Kane didn't show right away, they decide to settle it another way. Arm-Wrestling. They begin to look for a table and a referee as the camera cuts away.

Rob Conway v. Kurt Angle

Before the match, Ric Flair comes out in a nice suit and joins the commentary booth. Both men enter and the match begins. This is pretty much a squash but it is dragged out for several minutes to allow Flair to build Kurt Angle up and hype their match at Summerslam, which to remind everyone will be Flairs' last match. At about 8 minutes, Angle forces Conway to tap out in the Angle-Lock. Flair stands up and applauds as we cut away.

Cena rallies the troops

Backstage we see John Cena, Shawn Micheals, and Rob Van Dam. Cena tells them that Show is on "important" business but tells HBK and RVD that they can trust him in wargames. HBK replies telling Cena that is all well and good, but he knows HHH and knowing him, they better have a plan because HHH will probably be looking to get an advantage BEFORE SNME. RVD agrees and reminds the group he will be facing Edge in a non-title match later tonight. Cena tells RVD they will have his back tonight, tommorrow, and up until SNME.

Jimmy Snuka Jr. v. Jay Lethal

Pretty good match. Lots of high spots from Lethal who used his speed to keep the co-tag champion at bay. Snuka got in a lot of offence after grounding Lethal, but by missing his Top-Rope Splash, it allowed Lethal to score the pinfall with a standing moonsault. Jay Lethal is our winner. The camera then cut backstage to show his partner Shelton Benjamin celebrating.

Chris Masters © v. Big Show (IC Title)

Both Kane and Big Show entered after Masters. Show stepped out of the ring and it appeared as though Kane would be going for the title, but suddenly Show attacked Masters from behind. Both Kane and Show worked over Masters and finally laid him out with a double chokeslam. Show and Kane then stood over Masters laughing as the ref called for a no contest.

SNME Hype Video

Hype video plays promoting Saturday Night Main Event on July 22nd. It shows past SNME clips featuring Hogan, Micheals, Savage, ect.

Ashley Massaro v. Mickie James

Pretty decent match. Ashley got in some offence but Mickie proved to be too tough for Trish's apprentice. Mickie laid Ashley out with a nasty DDT to score the win.

Mickie calls out Trish

After the match, Mickie stood over Mickie and got on the mic. Mickie called Trish out to save her "friend" Ashley who she cares so much about. Mickie tells Trish she may slap Ashley around backstage, but if Trish doesn't come out, Mickie is going to end her career right now. Mickie starts counting to 10. She waits at 9 but still no Trish. Mickie then reaches 10 and continues to wait. She then picks Ashley up and nails her with a vicious brain-buster. Ashley lies motionless while Mickie looks on. King and Styles beg for Trish to save her friend, but she never comes. EMT's hurry to the ring to check on Ashley.

Edge v. RVD

This was a really good match and the crowd was really into it. I bet this will come out great on tv. After about 13 minutes of back and forth action, RVD is in control when HHH leads Snitski and CM Punk out to the ring. RVD gets ready to fight when suddenly John Cena and HBK run out and attack them before they can get to the ring. The referee is distracted by all this, as is RVD. RVD turns around and Lita kicks him in the groin and nails him with a twist of faith. Edge gets to his feet and waits for RVD to recover, once he does, Edge nails him with a spear and makes the cover. Lita turns the referee around and he see's the pin and counts the 1...2...3!

After the match, Edge goes to join the fighting outside when Big Show's music hits and Big Show followed by Kane come out and attack HHH and Co. The show goes off the air with chaos around the ring.

(Show Ends)

A very chaotic ending. I am a bit disappointed with my spot on the card tonight, but I am locked into a 1 year deal now so I better get used to doing what I am told. Hopefully next week things go back to normal. Anyway hope you enjoyed the show.

IPB Image

photo credit:World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.

WWE Diva Suspended!

It is being reported that WWE Diva Ashley Massaro has been SUSPENDED for 1 month. wwe.com reports that she is being suspended for "unprofessional conduct" but we here at wrestlearena.net have sources which have new information.

Apparently Ashley has become increasingly difficult to work with over the past few weeks. While training in OVW Ashley gave the impression she was above working down there and apparently got into a scuffle with OVW talent Desire in which Ashley told her something along the lines of being over and wrestling in front of more that 400 people.

Also, this week Ashley out right said "no" to a proposed storyline which upset several of the creative staff. That was said to have been the final straw and her "injury" on Raw will have her written off for the next month of action.

It is being said that it is not all Ashley's fault, as she has been given a hard-time by some WWE and OVW Divas who feel she hasen't "earned her spot" on Raw. It is said that Trish Stratus is high on Ashley and feels she can learn to become good to very good in the ring and has told management so in the past. We will post more on this story if we get it.

-wrestlearena.net

Edited by PokerGod11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...