WWE: Smackdown

IPB Image

Vince McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment have led us into yet another year and has made his new year’s speech.

I Vincent Kennedy McMahon am proud to be leading the W.W.E into the year 2006 and continuing to hire the best superstars possible to put on great matches and entertain you fine people. We here at the W.W.E shall use the money from ticket sales to keep our fine products of Raw and Smackdown on top form.

Superstars on both brands shall be treated as equals and it is my new year’s resolution to keep top superstars on their respected shows. It doesn’t matter what size they are, they shall all be treated well. There will be no superstars take steroids for I Vincent Kennedy McMahon will be the god that guides all these W.W.E superstars down to right path.

I will come out to the ring each week and I shall let you praise me for my hard work over the years on make the W.W.E the best damn wrestling company on the planet and the superstars backstage shall thank me for giving them a chance to make it in the wrestling business where they shall stay.

Thank you and happy New Year.

However in his mind, this is what he is really thinking.

The W.W.E - World Wrestling Entertainment is glad to announce that we will be supplying you with even more big men and poor matches; we will enforce a law that all superstars must take steroids and they will make lots of money for me, Mr Vincent Kennedy McMahon, The Devil reincarnated.

I shall continue to get superstars over on Smackdown like John Cena and Kurt Angle before pulling them away and putting them on Raw where they can make my ultra talented son-in-law Triple H look good and put him over and make sure that he is remembered as the man who held the World Title 50 times before retiring.

I shall ensure that I put on a good face and make it look like I care what the fans think, I shall make the superstars trust me and when they have given everything they have the offer, I shall fire them!

Thank you and have a very merry new year, so merry that you use all your money to buy W.W.E merchandise and allow me to pick your pockets.

And having made his speech, goes backstage to enjoy some New Year celebrations where he and the superstars of the W.W.E will have a happy new year as they secretly drink their Christmas bonus.

And so the W.W.E continues to run the wrestling industry and Vince McMahon sits high on his thrown, having servants shine his shoes, wash his car and practically wipe his ass for him.

However within 2 weeks it is a very different story ………………………

WWE.com - Vince McMahon in a coma

It was learned today that Vince McMahon is currently in a coma after suffering a major head injury. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Vince and his family as we currently try to manage without our hero, Mr McMahon.

2 Weeks go by and still Mr McMahon is in a coma. His family ponder over what to do and accepting what could be the inevitable, Shane and Stephanie are given complete control of the W.W.E.

However the find themselves in constant disagreement over how to run the company and after much consideration, it is decided that each of them shall get full control over a brand of their choice. Stephanie is quick to get the votes on Raw with her underhanded tactics and political work with husband, Triple H.

Shane McMahon isn’t greatly bothered by this, knowing that it will be a challenge to take Smackdown over Raw but having dreamed of this day for a long time, has many ideas on how to do this.

Edited by zcotty2hottie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions

World Heavyweight Champion: Sean O'Haire

United States Champion: Christian

WWE Tag Team Champions: Undertaker & Booker T

Red Bull Champion: Kid Romeo

Main Eventers

• Batista

• Chris Benoit

• Diamond Dallas Page

• The Rock

• Booker T

• Randy Orton

• Sean O’Haire

• The Undertaker

Upper Midcarders

• Chavo Guerrero

• Rey Mysterio

• Ron Killings

• Sonny Siaki

• Stevie Richards

• William Regal

• Christian

• John Bradshaw Layfield

• Juventud Guerrera

• Kid Kash

• Rhyno

• Test

Midcarders

• Billy Kidman

• Buff Bagwell

• Chris Kanyon

• Chuck Palumbo

• Funaki

• Matt Hardy

• Paul London

• Al Snow

• Daivari

• Joey Mercury

• Johnny Nitro

• Kid Romeo

• Mark Shade

• Orlando Jordan

• Psychosis

• Sylvain Grenier

Lower Midcarders

• Frankie Kazarian

• Johnny The Bull

• Lash Leroux

• Nova

• Nunzio

• Paul Burchill

• Scotty 2 Hottie

• Big Vito

• Doug Basham

• Super Crazy

Development Talent

• Alexis Laree

• Brent Albirght

• Chet Jablonski

• Daniel Puder

• Ivory

• Jillian Hall

• Johnny Jeter

• Hardcore Holly

• Hugh Morrus

• Jason Riggs

• John Toland

• Ken Anderson.

• Lady Apache

• Mary Apache.

• Melina

• Michelle McCool

• Melissa Coates

• Nattie Neidhart

• Sarah Stock

• Sumie Sakai

• Sharmell Sullivan

• Shelly Martinez

• Torrie Wilson

Title History

World Heavyweight Title

• Sean O'Haire - 26th March 2006 - Present - First Reign

• Batista - Unknown - 26th March 2006 - First Reign

United States Title

• Christian - 26th February 2006 - First Reign

WWE Tag Team Titles

• Undertaker & Booker T - 26th March 2006 - Present - First Reign

• Ron Killings & Sonny Siaki - 26th February 2006 - 26th March 2006 - First Reign

• MNM - Unknown - 26th February 2006 - First Reign

Red Bull Title

• Kid Romeo - 26th February 2006 - Present - First Reign

Show: Smackdown

Date: 2nd February 2006

Shane McMahon will take the reigns of what now belongs to him, Smackdown and anything related to the Smackdown brand. The fact that Shane and Stephanie are not on good terms means there has been no trades. Shane McMahon must have other plans and he will be on Smackdown this week.

Also with everything that happened, the Royal Rumble winner of 2006 was ..... Triple H. It looks like Triple H is moving to Smackdown!! Yeah right, like that would ever happen.

There is currently only 1 match scheduled for Smackdown this week with all the craziness of recent weeks and it will be Batista defending his World Heavyweight Title against Booker T.

Make sure you tune into the first Smackdown broadcast as the new Mr McMahon, Shane McMahon takes control of his show for the first time.

Edited by zcotty2hottie

Smackdown

"Shane's First Reign"

IPB Image

The Smackdown theme song is played and Smackdown comes on the air, pyro shoots off from the ring and entrance ramp, the camera pans around the crowd before coming to rest at the announce table where we join Michael Cole and Tazz.

[Michael Cole] - Welcome to another edition of Smackdown with Michael Cole and Tazz. There is some major news here in the W.W.E and its hot off the press.

[Tazz] - Cool down Cole, the fans can barely understand you when you talk so fast.

[Michael Cole] - Sorry Tazz, i am just so excited with the prospect that Smackdown could soon become the top brand in sports entertainment. Especially under the ownership of ........

Just as Michael Cole is about to announce the name, the words "Here Comes The Money" echo throughout the arena and the Smackdown fans go wild as the owner of the Smackdown brand, Shane McMahon comes out from the back and makes his way down to the ring.

Shane steps through the ropes and is getting some great reactions from the fans, he can barely contain his smile as he is handed a microphone.

[shane McMahon] - It is true what most of you have heard, my father, Vince McMahon is critically ill in hospital, right now he is in a coma and his chances of coming out of the coma are at this moment, dare i say it, very slim. That is why Stephanie and I have been given our inheritance in the W.W.E! However there had been a bit of dispute over who would get which show and in the end i got Smackdown. Now i have come out here tonight to let everybody know that i will be in complete control over what happens here on Smackdown. Any and all funds, will come direct to me, Shane McMahon and i shall use that money to bring in more talent, produce better matches and ensure that the quality of Smackdown is increased. So much so that Smackdown will be the most dominant brand in the W.W.E and in the entire world of sports entertainment.

[shane McMahon] - My first order of business is to make a promise to each and everyone of you. I promise that each superstar here on Smackdown shall be kept here on Smackdown, i shall not trade any of them for Raw superstars and i shall not let our top draws be taken away. Kurt Angle and John Cena helped make Smackdown before they where stolen away by the ludacrious trades made last year. Batista, our current World Heavyweight Champion is the only superstar we have gotten that has made something of their career since coming to Smackdown.

[shane McMahon] - I know what you are all thinking, we have Chris Benoit and Randy Orton, two superstars who have come over from Raw and been great superstars, great performers and a pleasure to watch. However, they have been misused terribley but that is going to end because under my reign, superstars will all be treated as equals, everyone will be treated as equals and that means there is no difference between a cruiserweight and a heavyweight. Infact lets take the cruiserweight title and throw it straight out of the window. Enjoy the show, enjoy my show!

The fans are in shock at this announcement, the cruiserweights have never really been taken seriously in the heavyweight categories such as the United States and World Titles. Shane McMahon disappears to the back in just a matter of minutes.

'Paul Burchill & William Regal vs MNM© w/Melina'

'WWE Tag Team Title Match'

The challengers, Paul Burchill and William Regal made their way down to the ring first getting some crowd pops. The Champions, Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro are next out with Melina, Melina seems to be getting more attention and any cheers are for her. Paul Burchill and Joey Mercury start us out as Burchill applys the side head lock. Paul Burchill gets sent into the ropes but comes back with a powerful shoulder block. Burchill with a knee to the gut before sending Mercury into the corner and tagging William Regal. Regal and Burchill with a double clothesline. William Regal gets the 2 count for his team. Joey Mercury gets rocked with some punches from Regal. Mercury blocks a European uppercut and trips Regal. Mercury stomps as Regal. Mercury makes the tag to Nitro. Mercury and Nitro hit a double suplex on William Regal. Johnny Nitro pulls William Regal to his feet and beats him into the corner and scores with some chops. Johnny Nitro with the tag to Joey Mercury and MNM beat William Regal down in the corner. Joey Mercury taunts Paul Burchill who tries to get into the ring but only suceeds in distracting the referee. MNM continue to double team William Regal for a few minutes until Regal ducks a double clothesline and hits a double clothesline of his own. Regal drops both members of MNM with some punches before tagging Paul Burchill. Burchill comes in like a house on fire with clotheslines from both members of MNM before gorilla pressing Joey Mercury to the floor. Melina tends to Mercury as Paul Burchill does a number on Johnny Nitro. Johnny Nitro counters a death valley driver and connects with low blow and a ddt. Johnny Nitro with a standing star press on Paul Burchill but William Regal is able to make the save. Joey Mercury has grabbed one half of the tag team belts and is slowly getting into the ring. The referee is trying to get Regal out of the ring. Joey Mercury nails Paul Burchill with the WWE Tag Team Title. Johnny Nitro dropkicks Regal out of the ring and then makes the cover ....1....2....3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winners of this match and still WWE Tag Team Champions, MNM!

Match Rating: 55%

Edited by zcotty2hottie

IPB Image

Smackdown was one hell of a show to kick start Shane McMahon’s reign as the owner of Smackdown and his second and not so famous show is Velocity which airs late night on Saturday.

It is well known that most people will miss this show but you can catch the show again on WWE.com

Velocity this week has two matches announced for it already.

Paul London vs. Mark Shade

Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera

WWE Velocity

'Problems'

IPB Image

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Bill Demott. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews and this is my broadcast partner, Bill Demott. Bill, what are your thoughts on the new management?

[bill Demott] - I think new management is very promising, especially with everything that Shane said on Smackdown this past Friday Night and with the way the show went down.

[Josh Matthews] - We will show the footage from Smackdown where Shane spoke about changes but first we have Sylvain Grenier against a man called Dale Torborg.

[bill Demott] - Most people won't be familiar with Dale Torborgs work but he actually played a gimmick in WCW in which he dressed like Gene Simmons from Kiss. Lets see him in action in our opening match of the night.

'Dale Torborg vs Sylvain Grenier'

'Singles Match'

Dale Torborg is the first man to make his way down to the ring, he gets small reactions as he is making his WWE debut here tonight. Sylvain Grenier is out next and he is getting some heat from the fans. The referee starts the match and they tie up. Sylvain Grenier takes Torborg down with a snapmare and applys a rear chin lock. Dale Torborg is quick to escape and hits some elbows to the gut before sending Grenier into the ropes and hitting a back elbow to the face. Dale Torborg hits a legdrop and makes the cover for the 2 count. Dale Torborg hits some chops as he backs Grenier into the ropes. Sylvain Grenier reverses an irish whip and catches Torborg with a knee to the gut and then a punch to the side of the head. Sylvain Grenier executes a dropkick and follows up with some elbows drops for the 2 count. Sylvain Grenier pulls Dale Torborg to his feet and sets him up for a suplex. Torborg counters and hits a front face suplex across the top rope. The match continues for 6 further minutes as Sylvain Grenier has Dale Torborg set up for the Running Powerslam but Torborg counters and connects with The Demon Sniper. Torborg makes the cover ....1....2....3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Dale Torborg!

Rating: 65.8%

IPB Image

Show: Smackdown

Date: Friday 10th February

Shane McMahon's first night as the owner of the Smackdown brand was one to remember with the announcement of a United States Title tournament, The Cruiserweight Title being banished with a new un-named championship in its place.

Randy Orton made it clear he wants into the United States Title tournament and after bloodying Chris Benoit, found himself without an answer to wither he is in or not.

Stevie Richards got a huge victory over The Deadman as Taker got counted out with good strategy from Richards. Stevie Richards suffered a chokeslam for his efforts but also finds himself in The United States Title Tournament.

Booker T came up short against Batista despite having attacked the champion earlier in the night. Batista's pain didn't end here though as the shock return of Sean O'Haire targeted The World Champion.

Also Velocity last week saw the debut of Dale Torborg, Sonny Siaki, Ron Killings and Mark Shade. This week on Smackdown, we could see even more debuts as Shane McMahon attempts to get his show above Raw in popularity.

Several matches have already been announced for Smackdown.

Juventud Guerrera, Psychosis vs. Chavo Guerrero & Rey Mysterio

Stevie Richards vs. Super Crazy

Sean O’Haire & Booker T vs. Batista

Smackdown

"Mind Games"

IPB Image

The Smackdown theme song is played and Smackdown comes on the air, pyro shoots off from the ring and entrance ramp, the camera pans around the crowd before coming to rest at the announce table where we join Michael Cole and Tazz.

[Michael Cole] - Welcome to another edition of Smackdown with Michael Cole and Tazz. It is clear that Shane McMahon meant every word that he said last week about everyone being equal as far as challenging for the World Title is concerned, that we would be getting some more top superstars and would be making progress towards becoming the number 1 brand in sport entertainment.

[Tazz] - Did you see Raw this past Monday night Cole? That had to be one of the worst shows ever and I am happy to say that Smackdown knocked it for six.

[Michael Cole] - And what about the fact that Raw have already held their first Pay Per View, Where Eagles Dare.

[Tazz] - I saw that Cole and it had some good matches, most notably the main event in which Hulk Hogan defeated Ric Flair & Triple H. I expect out Pay Per View later this month, No Way Out will be a much better event.

[Michael Cole] - Undoubtedly Tazz and tonight’s action will be as well. Our opening match of the night is set to be Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis against Rey Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero after what we saw on Velocity last week.

[Tazz] - No doubt it will be a good match but I am really looking forward to tonight’s main event where Batista faces both Booker T and Sean O’Haire in a handicap match. Normally my money would be against the loner in this match but since its Batista, I think Booker and O’Haire have it hard.

’An Opportunity’

The titantron comes to life and we find ourselves backstage where Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis have just left Super Crazy. Shane McMahon appears just a few moments later.

[shane McMahon] - Super Crazy, just the man that I was looking for?

Super Crazy - Me?

[shane McMahon] - That’s right; I want to offer you an opportunity to be one of the first new champions under my reign as the owner of Smackdown.

[super Crazy] - I would never turn down such an opportunity, but what’s in it for you?

[shane McMahon] - There is nothing in it for me except the chance to show some good matches on my show. After your win last week, I want to enter you into the United States title tournament and your first match will be against …. Stevie Richards.

[super Crazy] - That’s great. Thanks.

Super Crazy begins to walk away when Shane calls to him.

[shane McMahon] - However in order to claim your tournament spot, you must stay away from this match. Are we clear?

[super Crazy] - Crystal.

It seems that Super Crazy will not be a factor in the opening match but will wrestle Stevie Richards later tonight.

Rating: 70.8%

‘Chavo Guerrero & Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera & Psychosis’

‘Tag Team Match’

Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis of the Mexicools make their way down to the ring first getting some decent heat from the fans. Chavo Guerrero comes out next and is getting some good crowd pops. Rey Mysterio comes out to join his partner getting from good crowd pops as well. Chavo and Rey enter the ring and send Juvi and Psychosis running for cover. Chavo is going to start the match and in comes Psychosis. Psychosis and Chavo tie it up, Chavo uses an arm wringer on Psychosis but Psychosis goes right to the eyes. Psychosis scores with some chops before sending Chavo into the ropes. Chavo ducks a clothesline and scores with a crossbody. Chavo with some punches backs Psychosis into the corner. Chavo sends Psychosis across the ring and charges in but is met with a boot to the face. Psychosis hits a spinning heel kick out of the corner for the 2 count. Psychosis takes Chavo into the corner and makes the tag to Juventud Guerrera. Psychosis uses a stalling vertical suplex on Chavo and Juvi scores with the crossbody. Juvi has the cover but Chavo kicks out at 2. Juventud Guerrera punches Chavo on the canvas. Juvi goes up top. Juvi attempts a diving huricanranna but Chavo turns it into a powerbomb and gets a 2 count on Juventud Guerrera. Chavo tags Rey Mysterio. Chavo hits a snap suplex on Juvi and Rey hits a springboard leg drop and gets the 2 count. The match continues for 12 minutes where we find Chavo Guerrero is about to execute The Gory Bomb on Psychosis but Juventud Guerrera scores with a low blow. Psychosis executes an implant ddt and makes the cover as Juvi vaults over the top rope onto Rey Mysterio ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcers] - The winners of this match, Juventud Guerrera & Psychosis!

Rating: 74.6%

IPB Image

Show: Velocity

Date: 11th February 2006

Last week's Velocity was a good show with several debuts made and this week looks to be no different, only this time the superstars to make their debut have been named and shall be in action in what is a jam packed episode of Velocity.

Doug Basham will take on a man who has wrestled before in the W.W.E and had a disasterous match against Booker T, that man is Buff Bagwell.

Paul London who picked up a victory over Mark Shade last week will take on Orlando Jordan this week.

William Regal's attacker from Smackdown, although unknown to him will face him in action this week. The superstar who is set to make his debut is yet to be named to the public.

The main event will be one hell of a match as Kid Kash teams with Mark Shade to face the team of Frankie Kazarian and Billy Kidman.

'Velocity'

"The Return Match"

IPB Image

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Bill Demott. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews and this is my broadcast partner, Bill Demott.

[bill Demott] - We are preparing for another night of great wrestling action, isn’t that right Josh?

[Josh Matthews] - It certainly is and with the expected debut of 4 superstars, Billy Kidman, Frankie Kazarian, Buff Bagwell and an unknown superstar who will face William Regal momentarily.

[bill Demott] - First lets take you back to Smackdown earlier this week when William Regal found himself being attacked backstage.

Smackdown Rewind

William Regal is seen backstage, despite the fact that he is not in action tonight. Suddenly he is attacked from behind by someone; we cannot see their face as they continue the assault on William Regal. Regal gets nailed with a set of brass knuckles.

The attacker quickly runs off as William Regal is out cold on the floor.

IPB Image

Velocity Recap

W.W.E Velocity was so full of hype but was a major let down. However we do find ourselves with two superstars announced to be in the United States Title tournament. Paul London defeated Orlando Jordan in 28 seconds and spoke to Shane later in the night.

Buff Bagwell made his debut and defeated Doug Basham. Off air Buff was given a spot in the United States Title tournament and will face Paul London on Smackdown this week.

In other action we saw William Regal defeat Kid Romeo by disqualification. Kid Romeo attacked Regal on Smackdown last week but was unaware of his attacker’s identity till now.

The Main Event was highly anticipated but was not as good as it appeared to be on paper. Billy Kidman and Frankie Kazarian made their return to the W.W.E and defeated Kid Kash and Mark Shade.

IPB Image

Smackdown Preview

Smackdown this week will feature the continuation of the United States Title tournament. Chris Benoit and Stevie Richards are already through to the semi finals but Christian Cage, Marcus Bagwell and Paul London as well as an undetermined superstar have still to face off in the tournament.

Paul London is slated to meet Buff Bagwell in the tournament. Christian Cage’s opponent in the tournament will be found as 4 superstars compete in a fatal 4 way match. Those men will be William Regal, Rey Mysterio, John Bradshaw Layfield and The Undertaker.

In a match for the Tag Team Titles it will be MNM defending against DDP and Chris Kanyon who made their debut on last week’s show.

Also after the assault by Booker T on Funaki last week it will be Booker T against Funaki. Can Smackdown’s number 1 interviewer get some revenge on Booker T?

Batista will be teaming up with Chris Benoit in the main event to take on Sean O’Haire and Randy Orton.

Matches

United States Title Tournament Contenders Match

JBL vs. Rey Mysterio vs. William Regal vs. The Undertaker

WWE Tag Team Title Match

MNM© vs. DDP & Kanyon

United States Title Tournament

Buff Bagwell vs. Paul London

Booker T vs. Funaki

Batista© & Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton & Sean O’Haire

Awesome diary so far, my man! I love the Sean O'Haire push, and you seem to be building everything else along nicely.

The only thing I'll say is...lose the graphics! Either that, or get somebody with the know-how to give you a hand with them...because the graphics are letting you down.

Buuuut, they are merely an added extra. Everything else you're doing is quality! Well done!!

'Smackdown'

'A Sign Of Things To Come'

[Michael Cole] - Welcome to another edition of Smackdown with Michael Cole and Tazz. We are just under 1 week away from No Way Out and so far we know that Chris Benoit will be taking on Stevie Richards in the United States Tournament Semi Finals.

[Tazz] - Stevie Richards might have been considered the underdog if it wasn’t for 2 of his wins to get himself into the match and to continue in the tournament. I can’t wait to see how this tournament pans out in the end.

[Michael Cole] - It is going to be great Tazz and tonight we continue the tournament. Buff Bagwell will meet Paul London and we will find an opponent for Christian momentarily. It will be JBL, Rey Mysterio, The Undertaker and William Regal. 4 of Smackdown’s finest in a match to get the last spot in the tournament.

[Tazz] - That’s all good Cole, now what about our Heavyweight Title? Batista and Booker T have beef with one another but Sean O’Haire is playing mind games with the both of them.

[Michael Cole] - Sean O’Haire hasn’t said anything, he has been silent since his return but in the main event he and Randy Orton meet Chris Benoit and Batista. That will be hot.

[Tazz] - No Doubt Cole. So let’s get things underway already.

‘JBL vs. Rey Mysterio vs. The Undertaker vs. William Regal’

‘The Last Spot in The US Title Tournament’

‘Fatal 4 Way Match’

JBL is the first to make his entrance and it is clear that he is a heel with the amount of heat he is getting. Rey Mysterio then makes his entrance getting good crowd pops. Undertaker and William Regal are the next 2 that come to the ring and both are getting good crowd pops as well. The match kicks off as JBL levels William Regal with a clothesline. Rey Mysterio nails JBL from behind. The Undertaker throws Rey Mysterio over the top rope. The Undertaker levels JBL with some punches. JBL gets sent into the ropes. Rey Mysterio hits a springboard crossbody on The Undertaker but Taker catches him and slams him to the canvas. William Regal has dropped the top rope and JBL goes to the outside. William Regal gets nailed with a big boot from The Undertaker. Rey Mysterio with a dropkick to Undertaker’s leg from behind drops the dead man. Rey Mysterio and William Regal put the boots to The Undertaker. JBL comes back into the ring and its 3 on 1 against the biggest and baddest man in the match. Taker is drawn back to his feet and whipped into the corner by Regal. JBL hits a corner clothesline. Taker staggers from the corner and gets nailed with the 619 to the back of Taker. The Undertaker falls forwards and William Regal attempts the butterfly powerbomb but Taker counters. The Undertaker clotheslines JBL and then hits a Chokeslam on Rey Mysterio. The match continues for 10 minutes and The Undertaker is in control as he goes old school on JBL. William Regal gets caught next and Taker does Old School again. Rey Mysterio is now caught but Rey manages to counter and crotches Taker on the top rope. Rey Mysterio hits a missile dropkick which sends Taker crashing to the outside. JBL levels Rey Mysterio with The Clothesline from Hell. JBL makes the cover but William Regal makes the save. Regal is brawling with JBL. JBL reverses an Irish whip; Regal ducks a clothesline and hits a back suplex on JBL. William Regal locks in the Regal Stretch. Taker is down on the outside and Mysterio is out cold. JBL has no choice and taps out.

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match and the final entrant in the United States Title Tournament, William Regal!

Rating: 79.5%

WWE Velocity

Preview

This week's Raw show was the best event that has been held since Shane and Stephanie took control of their shows and it looked like a promising week for Raw as they delivered a 70.2% but Smackdown topped that with a 72.9% show and it is looking good for the Smackdown brand.

Smackdown saw William Regal earn himself a spot in the United States Title tournament and will meet Christian on Smackdown next week but William Regal's partner Paul Burchill will be in action on Velocity as he attempts to deal with Kid Romeo who has been plotting and planning with Christian.

Big Vito and Nunzio cost DDP and Kanyon the tag team titles out of jealousy and they will be in action on Velocity as they go up against Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero.

Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis will be in action as they take on two former WWE stars who return to action tonight. Who will they be?

Also a member of the staff on the Smackdown brand will be stepping into action to take on an un announced opponent. Expect that to be a good match.

Also note that the following matches are qualifiers for entry into the match for the yet to be determined title come No Way Out.

Rey Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero vs. Nunzio & Vito

Juventud Guerrera & Psychosis vs. Un Announced Team

Kid Romeo vs. Paul Burchill

WWE Velocity

'Contenders Night'

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Al Snow. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews alongside my new broadcast partner, Al Snow. Al it’s great to have you on board here on Velocity.

[Al Snow] - It’s great to be Josh and I can’t wait to see the action that we have tonight.

[Josh Matthews] - My usual broadcast partner Bill Demott as returned to the ring and he will be in action in just a few minutes as he wrestles under the name of Hugh Morrus to take on Rhyno.

[Al Snow] - The W.W.E has made a lot of signings and when we reach the end of the month, I will be interested to see how much money we have made.

[Josh Matthews] - Your absolutely right Al and I don’t think Merchandise sales alone are going to cut it. Smackdown is going to have to dominate Raw in order to stay afloat.

[Al Snow] - The last time I checked, Smackdown was the more popular show and I agree. So let’s show everyone why that is.

’Hugh Morrus vs. Rhyno’

‘Singles Match’

Hugh Morrus’ music hits and The Laughing Man makes his way down to the ring getting some mixed reactions. Rhyno’s music then plans and The Man Beast makes his way down to the ring getting some mixed reactions. The referee starts the match and they tie up. Morrus drivers Rhyno back into the corner and chokes him out. Rhyno fires back with some kicks to the gut. Rhyno connects with a few punches and chops. Rhyno backs Hugh Morrus into the ropes. Morrus ducks a clothesline and comes off the ropes with a clothesline of his own and then an elbow drop. Hugh Morrus gets the 2 count on Rhyno. Hugh Morrus whips Rhyno into the corner and connects with the avalanche. Rhyno gets crushed. Hugh Morrus hits a sidewalk slam on the man beast for the 2 count. The match continues for 6 further minutes and Hugh Morrus comes off the top with The No Laughing Matter but Rhyno avoids the move. Hugh Morrus staggers to his feet, Gore! Rhyno makes the cover ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Rhyno!

Rating: 73.7%

Smackdown

After everything that happened last week, we now have out No Way Out card looking pretty good but it’s not over yet. We know that Chris Benoit will meet Stevie Richards in the semi finals of The United States title tournament.

We also know that Buff Bagwell will be taking on the winner of the William Regal versus Christian match on Smackdown this week in the semi finals of the same tournament.

And finally we know 5 of the 6 superstars that will be involved in the 6 man elimination challenge for the yet to be named championship. Kid Romeo, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis have all been named so far after victories on Velocity last week.

We will find out who challenges for The World Title as well as who will be challenging for the Tag Team titles on this week’s episode of Smackdown.

Several matches have been announced for Smackdown.

United States title tournament

Christian vs. William Regal

Booker T vs. Stevie Richards

Chris Benoit vs. Sean O’Haire

Batista© vs. Randy Orton

Smackdown

"Earning Your Shot"

[Michael Cole] - Welcome to another edition of Smackdown with Michael Cole and Tazz. We are less than 1 week away from No Way Out and there is so much still to be decided but first let’s talk about the matches that have been announced.

[Tazz] - I am excited about the new title here on Smackdown and so far Juventud Guerrera, Psychosis, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero and Kid Romeo are in the match with one more entrant to be named.

[Michael Cole] - As well as 3 matches that will determine a United States Champion. Chris Benoit to meet Stevie Richards whilst Buff Bagwell will take on either William Regal or Christian.

[Tazz] - Well we will know who it is soon as those 2 will be in action any minute now. I want to know what is the situation on The World Title and the WWE Tag Team titles? We are still to find out.

[Michael Cole] - Those questions will be answered tonight Tazz for that I am sure. So let’s head down to the ring for the first match of the night.

’Christian vs. William Regal’

‘US Title Contenders Match’

‘Singles Match’

Christian makes his entrance to the ring first being accompanied by Kid Romeo. They are getting some good heat. William Regal then makes his entrance to the ring with Paul Burchill, they are getting some good crowd pops. Paul Burchill goes after Kid Romeo who leaps the barricade and runs off with Burchill in hot pursuit. The referee is distracted and Christian takes this time to attack Regal from behind. Christian beats William Regal into the corner and stomps a mud hole in him. Christian chokes William Regal out with a boot in the throat. The referee pulls Christian off. Regal is getting back to his feet. Christian with a boot to the gut followed by several more punches to the head. William Regal reverses an Irish whip and sends Christian into the corner. Christian hits hard and staggers out of the corner into a back body drop from William Regal. Christian gets back to his feet and William Regal connects with several punches of his own and a European uppercut. William Regal makes the cover but only gets a 2 count. The match continues for 12 minutes. Christian is now in control over William Regal after a double axe handle. Christian attempts The Unprettier but William Regal counters and hits a lariat. Paul Burchill is coming back to the ring. Kid Romeo from behind nails Burchill with a steel chair which distracts William Regal. Christian takes advantage of the distraction and lays out William Regal with The Unprettier. Christian makes the cover ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this United States title contenders match, Christian!

Rating: 75.3%

Velocity

At this time, we know many matches that will take place at No Way Out. It is not expected that any will be booked on Velocity this week but anything can happen in the W.W.E

We are just 1 day away from No Way Out with Velocity standing before the event on Sunday night. Several matches have been announced for Velocity.

Test will make his debut in a match against Mark Shade who has not been having the best of luck lately.

Doug Basham is set to team with Hugh Morrus to face the team of Chuck Palumbo and Johnny The Bull.

The main event will see Billy Kidman taking on Randy Orton in what looks to be a hot main event this week. Make sure that you tune in to the event to see any further mentioning of No Way Out.

WWE Velocity

"Count Down To No Way Out"

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Al Snow. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews alongside my broadcast partner, Al Snow. We are just one day away from No Way Out and we have some top action here tonight.

[Al Snow] - We certainly do Josh and I can’t wait to get started, lets run down the action and get on with the show.

[Josh Matthews] - We will start tonight as Mark Shade takes on … Test! Who is making his return here tonight and I can’t wait to see him in action. We will see the team of Hugh Morrus & Doug Basham against Chuck Palumbo and Johnny The Bull. Kid Kash takes on an un-announced opponent and to end the night we have Randy Orton taking on Billy Kidman. I can’t wait for that match.

[Al Snow] - Orton against Kidman, neither man on the card for No Way Out. I find that hard to swallow as both are great athletes. Anyway let’s get started.

‘Mark Shade vs. Test’

‘Singles Match’

Mark Shade makes his entrance to the ring first getting some good heat. Test then makes his entrance and gets some good crowd pops. The referee starts the match and they tie it up. Test overpowers Shade and backs him into the corner before delivering solid knees to the gut. Test rocks Mark Shade with some punches to the side of the head and another knee to the gut. Test with a hard Irish whip sends Mark Shade across the ring and hard into the turnbuckle before falling to the canvas. Test comes off the ropes with an elbow drop on Mark Shade for the 2 count. Test beats Mark Shade down on the canvas. Mark Shade gets back to his feet, Shade ducks a clothesline from Test and connects with a dropkick which staggers Test. Mark Shade comes off the ropes and ducks a second clothesline before coming off the ropes with a bulldog on Test for the 2 count. The match continues for 10 minutes. Test sets up Mark Shade for The Big Boot but Mark Shade ducks and connects with the low blow and the Modified STO. Mark Shade locks Test in The Camel Clutch. Test gives up after just a few short moments.

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Mark Shade!

Rating: 72.9%

IPB Image

Smackdown’s very first pay per view under the reign of Shane McMahon, No Way Out is coming to town and it is looking hot with several championship matches, tournament matches as well as some extra matches that have been added.

After Velocity went off the air on Saturday night it was announced that Randy Orton, Rhyno and JBL will face the team of Matt Hardy, Billy Kidman and The Undertaker in a 6 man tag team match. This comes after what happened on Smackdown and Velocity this week between the 6 men.

Also on WWE.com, Hugh Morrus challenged Al Snow to a match after hearing rumours that Al was saying Hugh Morrus was a poor announcer and that he is far more superior. It will be the current announcer for the former announcer in action come No Way Out.

The WWE Tag Team titles are set to be defended in a 4 corners tag team match, current champions MNM don’t even have to be involved in the finish to lose the titles. With so many good teams including Big Vito & Nunzio, DDP and Kanyon as well as Sonny Siaki and Ron Killings. A successful title defence could be impossible.

Also a yet to be named championship will be on the line between 6 superstars that have earned their spots in the match. Kid Romeo, Rey Mysterio, William Regal, Juventud Guerrera, Psychosis and Chavo Guerrero will face off in a 6 man elimination challenge. Expect the name of the title to be announced before the match.

The United States title tournament has seen some memorable happenings so far but we are down to the final 4 superstars. Buff Bagwell takes on Christian and Chris Benoit goes one on one with Stevie Richards. The winners of both matches will square off later in the night for the United States title. Critics are putting money on Christian and Chris Benoit in the finals.

The World Heavyweight championship is set to be defended in a 3 man elimination challenge. Batista defends against Booker T and Sean O’Haire. None of these guys particularly like each other but Batista will have a target on his chest as the champion. If Batista was to be eliminated first, we would be certain to have a new champion.