Xtreme Pro Wrestling '02

(həd)

IPB Image

...: News :......: Roster :......: Results :......: Results Archive :......: XPWInsider :...

Shane Douglas Purchases XPW?

Rumours are circulating around several websites about the possibility that Shane Douglas, XPW's Heavyweight Champion, has purchased Xtreme Pro Wrestling as a company. These rumours are infact true. Shane Douglas has bought XPW from Rob Black, but Mr. Black still does have partial ownership of it, and will remain a figure-head of XPW alongside his wife Lizzy Borden. Shane Douglas' first act as the majority owner was to announce XPW: Hostile Takeover, taking place in the Viking Hall, PA on the 31st of August. This is spectacular news for fans on the east coast, who are yet to witness the exciting wrestling action that is XPW.

Edited by Quoth The Raven

IPB Image

...: News :......: Roster :......: Results :......: Results Archive :......: XPWInsider :...

Current Active Roster

Altar Boy Luke

Angel

Chris Hamrick

Damien 666 ****

GQ Money

Halloween ****

Juventud Guerrera

Kaos **

Konnan

Kraq

Leroy

Lizzy Borden

New Jack

Nosawa

Pogo The Clown ***

Psicosis

Sandman

Scott Snott

Shane Douglas *

Steve Rizzono

Super Crazy

Supreme

Terry Funk

Veronica Caine

Vic Grimes

Vinnie Masaro

Webb

XPW Heavyweight Champion

XPW Television Champion

XPW KOTDM Champion

XPW Tag Team Champions

IPB Image

Archives

Hostile Takeover - August 31, 2002

Mexico's Most Wanted defeated The New Black Panthers

Supreme defeated 'Hardcore Homo' Angel

Pogo The Clown defeated Supreme

Shane Douglas defeated Terry Funk

Fallout - September 28th, 2002

Da Baldies defeated Bad Breed

Mexico's Most Wanted defeated Da Baldies

Pogo The Clown defeated Supreme and Vic Grimes (3-Way)

Shane Douglas defeated The Sandman

Torn To Shreds - October 19th, 2002

T.B.A - November 16th, 2002

Merry F'n Xmas - December 21, 2002

You might want to go brush up on XPW history before you get your head ripped off. Just by looking at the roster, I can tell you didn't do good enough research to pull this off.

Just a friendly warning, I haven't had a chance to rip someone's heart out for destroying my favorite fed of all time, so, if you'd like to keep your heart intact, I suggest doing some research.

You might want to go brush up on XPW history before you get your head ripped off. Just by looking at the roster, I can tell you didn't do good enough research to pull this off.

Just a friendly warning, I haven't had a chance to rip someone's heart out for destroying my favorite fed of all time, so, if you'd like to keep your heart intact, I suggest doing some research.

Damien Steele

Dynamite D

El Mosca De La Mercedes

Evan Karagias

Kraq

Lady Victoria

Leroy

New Jack

Preston Ascott III

Scott Snott

Steve Rizzono

Super Dragon

Vinnie Masaro

Webb

None of those people, to the best of my knowledge, were in XPW after Hostile Takeover. In all honesty, for the most part, you have a 2001 roster for XPW.

After Hostile Takeover, guys like Chris Chetti, Julio Dinero, Danny Doring, started showing up. Later, Simon Diamond, Tracy Smothers, Raven, people like that...

I'll have a better list for you in awhile, if you like, but, as you can see, that roster is pretty off.

Damien Steele

Dynamite D

El Mosca De La Mercedes

Evan Karagias

Kraq

Lady Victoria

Leroy

New Jack

Preston Ascott III

Scott Snott

Steve Rizzono

Super Dragon

Vinnie Masaro

Webb

None of those people, to the best of my knowledge, were in XPW after Hostile Takeover. In all honesty, for the most part, you have a 2001 roster for XPW.

After Hostile Takeover, guys like Chris Chetti, Julio Dinero, Danny Doring, started showing up. Later, Simon Diamond, Tracy Smothers, Raven, people like that...

I'll have a better list for you in awhile, if you like, but, as you can see, that roster is pretty off.

Ok syco, thanks for your help, and thanks for not taking a direct stance against me for doing this. I should have Hostile Takeover up in the next day or two, because I'm experimenting with different styles of writing and will pick whatever feels comfortable/looks good.

IPB Image

XPW Presents: A Hostile Takeover

IPB Image

Featuring

'The Franchise' Shane Douglas

taking on

'The Hardcore Legend' Terry Funk

for the XPW Heavyweight Title!

Also, a King of The Deathmatch Title Match!

SUPREME VS ANGEL

Thumbtacks and Lightubes!

Plus XPW Television Champion Kaos takes on Chris Hamrick in a Ladder Match!

And much, much more!

When XPW Presents, A Hostile Takeover

[ August 31st 2002 - The Viking Hall ]

just thought would wish you luck on this at least syco didnt rip into your ass like he did with mine anyways looks intresting i will look back for an update agian good luck

Guest usarmyin06

this could be good.. but it doesnt make sense that XPW would up and leave their fan base and go to the other side of the country.. enough with the ecw and viking hall.. but i wont be skeptic.. this could be great

IPB Image

Hostile Takeover - August 31st, 2002

[ XPWrestling.com Report ]

Roughly 2400 people rolled into the New Alhambra arena to witness XPW history for its first time on the east coast. The fans were welcomed by current XPW Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas. He proceeded to tell the fans that he built ECW, and not Terry Funk. He said he was ECW, and Terry Funk was just 'some old codger' that walked in whenever he wanted. The fans took exception to this berating him with 'you suck dick' and 'shut the fuck up' chants. The 2000 strong crowd then called for Funk, but Douglas said that he was still probably leaving the retirement home. This brought out the Funker...

OR81

...who was armed with a flaming baseball bat. Funk chased Douglas out of the ring, to the delight of the fans. Terry Funk got on the mic and proclaimed that Douglas was not 'extreme' and was just another pussy! Douglas compromised with Funk, saying that they should leave it till the main event, and Funk agreed. The Franchise eventually got Funk to put the bat down, and leave the ring. Douglas then took it apon himself to knock Funk down with a steel chair from behind, and declare that you 'never call The Franchise a pussy!' Shane Douglas left, happy with what he had done to the 55 year old Funker.

OR76

The actual action started off nice and quick with the current XPW Tag Team Champions Mexico's Most Wanted taking on the New Black Panthers. This was the fan's first glimpse of Malcom XL in XPW and many were impressed with his array of high-flying moves, but many were unimpressed with his underhanded tactics, nearly stealing the win with a foot-on-the-ropes school boy early on. MMW wouldn't have this, bringing out a table and double powerbombing XL's partner Kraq for a two count. The New Black Panthers were able to stage a bit of a comeback late into the match, with some double team moves on Mexico's Most Wanted, but in the end MMW were victorious picking up the win with their Double Brainbuster on XL.

OR58

Winner: Mexico's Most Wanted

The action continued with a KOTDM match, pitting current champ Supreme against the much smaller 'Hardcore Homo' Angel. Although the underdog, Angel actually had his own way early on busting lightube after lightube over Supreme's head. But of course, this wasn't to last when Supreme reversed a apron powerbomb to a backbody drop sending Angel to the concrete floor. Supreme then took exception to a fan in the crowd cheering for the 'Hardcore Homo,' by knocking his beer all over him. Supreme certainly isn't trying to make friends. The fight then spilled down the entrance way, with no chair or table being left unsmashed. Angel eventually got back down to the ring, suprisebly alive, but this was short lived when Supreme broke a lightube over his pretty little head, and then grinded it to bits. After some more vicious lightube shots, Supreme finally put Angel away with a chair-assisted Mecca Toad Splash.

OR44

Winner: Supreme

Following Supreme's win, Pogo The Clown rushed into the ring armed with a shovel and a microphone. He challenged Supreme to a match, but not next month, he wanted it then and there. Supreme reluctantly agreed, and then recieved a shovel-to-the-face. So the match was on...

OR44

...with Pogo immediatly incontrol. And after a series lightube shots, both competitors found themselves fighting through the crowd, and then up in the eagles nest! After some more punches were traded, Pogo had him in place for the Buried In The Basement. Buried In The Basement off the eagles nest to the concrete! Pogo takes the cover, and takes the KOTDM Title!

OR54

Winner: Pogo The Clown

After the match officials cleaned up the ring ands fans were given the chance to buy merchandise, food and so on in the intermission. Official crowd count; 2474, take that CZW. Anyway, we then moved on to the double main event...

...with 'Confederate Currency' Chris Hamrick and reigning XPW TV Champion Kaos going one-on-one in a ladder match. The match started out with a furious Hamrick laying into the 'Rock Superstar' with a series wild lefts and rights followed by a Yakuza Kick for good measure. Hamrick's assault on Kaos continued, dragging him to the outside and strangling him with a steel chair. But soon it was all Kaos after hitting a lowblow, followed by a clothesline. With some more outside brawling both then re-entered the ring with Kaos in control. The ladder finally came into play late on in the match, being used to nearly crush Chris Hamrick's skull. Then Kaos knocked Hamrick down with a superkick and began to climb the ladder to retrieve his TV Title. But Hamrick followed, and soon both were atop the ladder above a very unforgiving concrete floor. And of course, no Kaos match will go away without an interferance by valet Veronica Caine, who climbed in the ring to assist Kaos. So soon enough, Chris Hamrick found himself taking the fall all the way to the concrete. Luckily enough he crashed through a table, but he still hit the ground hard. Then Kaos grabbed his belt and celebrated the win with Caine.

OR51

Winner: Kaos

Soon enough after Hamrick had left, 'The Living Legend' Terry Funk made his way down to the ring still with the barbed wire bat in his hands. After a few minutes, 'Franchise' Shane Douglas came down, but Terry Funk wanted him right there, jumping out of the ring and chasing Douglas. Douglas was on the recieving end in the opening minutes, till he countered a Funker clothesline with a belly to belly onto a steel chair. Douglas then brought Funk into the ring, where he slapped on a sleeper hold, bringing the Funker to his knees. Funk soon fought back, hitting a sleeper of his own onto the Franchise. Both men continued to wrestle one another, until Franchise threw Funk to the outside. Franchise followed, but Funk hit him over the head with a steel chair. Funk continued the assault putting The Franchise through a table, and then attempted to rip him apart with the barbed wire bat, but Douglas ducked and ran the Funker into the ringpost. Soon they were back in the ring with Shane Douglas in complete control. Funk fought back, and whipped Douglas into the corner. He attempted a follow up with a turnbuckle clothesline, but Douglas moved and Funk hit the corner. Douglas hits a school boy on a dazed Funk, 1...2...3! Douglas cheats the Funker! But thats not all! Douglas drags Funk to ringside, and belts him with the barbed wire bat! Funk is bruised and bloody, while The Franchise stands over top with his XPW Title in his hands!

OR71

Winner: Shane Douglas

Afterwards, Douglas took a mic and insulted everyone in the building, calling them all 'pussies,' and that no one in the 'whole fuckin' state' could beat him. Someone took exception, that someone was...

IPB Image

The Sandman! Sandman has returned to Philly! And with a beer in one hand, a cane in the other, and a ciggy in his mouth he ran down to the ring and caned the fuck out of The Franchise! The whole crowd went crazy as the Sandman returned to the Viking Hall, a scene that hasn't been, for over a year! After Douglas was beaten down, and when the crowd settled, Sandman took the mic and challenged Douglas to a match at next month's 'Fallout!' The show closed with Sandman throwing beer around and the huge crowd chanting X-P-W!

OR78

Thank you to all the fans that attended, this was XPW: A Hostile Takeover!

OVERALL - 56

IPB Image

XPWInsider

- official crowd size: 2474, huge!

- no injuries to report from the KOTDM, but Angel and Supreme are both banged up a little bit, but nothing serious

- Terry Funk's feeling the pain from last night, with his knees taking most of the punishment, so he's taken a bit of time off to heal, well wishes to the Funker!

- and with Sandman's run-in last night, 'Franchise' Shane Douglas has already announced Sandman/Franchise for XPW: Fallout

- also added is a KOTDM title match, pitting 'Vicious' Vic Grimes, 'The Human Horror Film' Supreme and new champion Pogo The Clown all together in the ring at the same time!

- stay tuned to XPWrestling.com for the latest on Xtreme Pro Wrestling!

I hope you stick with this diary. I do like how you did your show. Whether it's in diaries or real life reports, I can't read long results. Maybe it's ADD or something but I feel wrestling should be seen, not read. Even if you read a match hold for hold, it still doesn't have the same effect as watching. As long as you keep the jist of the match going with a few key points and a good ending, I think that's all you need. But I'm still having problems with writing up my own so what do I know?

But please, PLEASE don't feud Supreme and Pogo The Clown! I don't think the ring could handle that much suck at the same time.

Guest usarmyin06

I actually enjoyed the show a lot. I liked the way you wrote out your results. I agree with Ryno about not enjoying the long tediously detailed matches. We do differe in some areas because I hope to see more of Pogo and Supreme. Please do Vic Grimes justice! I was actually surprised with seeing The Sandman although I'm not sure if I should have been. Anyways, keep up the great work!

pretty solid show and diary so far write up are nice and get points across action has a good flow to it which is always a plus and all the workers used are realistic for XPW sooo good job so far and hoping to see more!

Edited by ncguy

IPB Image

XPW Presents: Fallout!

From Philly!

IPB Image

Featuring A Double Main Event!

Shane Douglas vs The Sandman

With The XPW World Heavyweight Title On The Line!

and...

Pogo The Clown vs Vic Grimes vs Supreme

KOTDM Title Barbed Wire Board Three Way Dance!

Also,

Tag Team No. #1 Contenders Match

Winners Meet Mexico's Most Wanted Later In The Night!

Da Baldies (Spanish Angel & Tony Devito) vs Bad Breed (Axl Rotten & Ian Rotten)

Plus much, much more!

When XPW Presents, Fallout!

[ September 28th 2002 - The Viking Hall ]