Emperor by Conn Iggulden

Benji

Okay, after having bought the fourth book in the series, I am about to start reading it, I have adored every one of them so far (with The Death of Kings being my favourite), I was just wondering who else has read it and what their opinions on the book, as well as Iggulens writing style is?

I first started reading Conn a few years back when the first book came out. I picked up basically on the strength of Bernard Cornwell's recommendation as I'd finished off most of his historical fiction books and needed something else. I think his writing style is easier than Cornwells and a delight to read. I got through half of book 3 in one night. I've bought the fourth one but havent read it yet, its sitting on my shelf here at Uni waiting for me to get the time and to finish Tyrant by Valerio Manfredi first lol. But I can't wait!

I first started reading Conn a few years back when the first book came out. I picked up basically on the strength of Bernard Cornwell's recommendation as I'd finished off most of his historical fiction books and needed something else. I think his writing style is easier than Cornwells and a delight to read. I got through half of book 3 in one night. I've bought the fourth one but havent read it yet, its sitting on my shelf here at Uni waiting for me to get the time and to finish Tyrant by Valerio Manfredi first lol. But I can't wait!

Oddly enough, it wasn't a book I was recomended or told about, I was just in the book store and decided to pick it up, it has since become my favourite book series by all stretches of imagination, it was my destiny to read it :shifty:

I started reading the first after someone (probs you) mentioned it in the book thread.

Not read much so far. It's decent to good so far. It seems a long read, it feels like I'v e been reading it for ages, and I'm only on page 80 summat of book one. Though I am a slow reader I suppose.