Panic! At The Disco releases first music video

apsham

The first song I've heard from these guys, but I've heard good things, and I quite like FOB, so I'm told I'll love this...

It's alright, it's nothing special, I wouldn't rush out to buy the album or the single, but it's good a pretty good beat to it. I'd have to hear more from them before I made up my mind, but I would be interested in hearing more.

I saw the video on MTV2 today...I listen to them, I know some of the tracks are good, but I wouldn't say I 'like' them. Something just doesn't hit it for me. The guys voice pisses me off a bit, and he looks like a total fag in the video (It's the eye movements). "The only difference between Martyrdom and Suicide is the press coverage" is a fucking class song (It's the only song where I really think his voice works, well that and "There's a good reason these tables..."). On that grounds, it should be the single.

On the bright side, it isn't the average run of the mill stuff, I guess.

Edited by YI-tzy McJewish

Lying is the most fun probably wouldn't have made a great first single. I could see them doing that later but I think a more catchy one would work better. It was a decent video...a little different, but still decent. It was one of the few videos out there that really actually plays out to a story.

Does anyone else not like it when bands blow up and everyone likes them? I like to keep them relatively unknown so I feel like I'm listening to something special. Sometimes when they do blow up, I will stop listening to them all together. Maybe it's just me.

I only hate it after a while, partly because of the fact I can no longer see them at smallish places anymore and end up at the back of some massive arena, which unless they are even bigger live and have a spectacle lined up loses some of the magic of the smaller venues. Not to mention live they tend to play a lot of the newer stuff rather then my favourites but everyone does that anyway.

As long as the music is still good though I don't feel particularly resentful of the act, hell I've loved their music for so long they deserve their break IMO and I want it. The only negatives it has in my book are the selfish ones outlined above.

Does anyone else not like it when bands blow up and everyone likes them? I like to keep them relatively unknown so I feel like I'm listening to something special. Sometimes when they do blow up, I will stop listening to them all together. Maybe it's just me.