TOOL @ Coachella, Rock AM Ring, etc.

tristy

Tool has been confirmed for Coachella 2006 in California, and apparently Rock AM Ring 2006 as well. The new record is mastered, and a promo tour for the new CD will take place in April, and will be in the following places: Japan, Australia, England and Europe.

The official site also says to look out for leaks of the CD when the promo tour starts up.

:o:o:w00t::w00t:

It looks like after all the rumors last year we're finally going to get the new album. From what I've been hearing, the album is going to hit stores in summer, the Coachella performance was a big surprise for me though. I went into work tonight with nothing to talk about and found that on MTV.com and suddenly my night got a lot easier.

I've heard the album will be out by late April/May.

I remember hearing spring when they announced the mini-DVDs, but I thought I read summer on Wikipedia afterwards. I just checked Wikipedia though and they say spring now too, so good news.

I could go change it to Summer on Wikipedia, if you like. :P

It wouldn't make sense of it to come out in the summer. The music is 100% done (mastering, recording, etc.) all that isn't done most likely is the artwork. And Blair said on the site that in April it'll probably leak in April. So. That's a long period to wait to release it.

Then again, Nine Inch Nails' album leaked a good month or two before the release, I believe.

Yeah, they've been saying Spring for a couple months now, as it's also listed like that in last month's Revolver.

Apparently there's rumors going around that they may be one of the bands headlining Ozzfest this year too, I guess, but take that with a grain of salt.

I don't want to see TOOL on Ozzfest. Maybe Opiate or Aenima era TOOL, but if their new album is anything like Lateralus, it just doesn't fit Ozzfest.

That being said, I hope it's a mixture of everything they've done. Speaking of that, has anyone heard the rumours of Maynard's new vocal style on the new album? He apparently only sings/speaks in syllables.

I heard rumors of them coming to New Zealand in April.

I really hope they do, it's been too long since there last visit.

Edited by Krazy_K

03 Feb 06

RELEASE DATES NOT OFFICIAL

Although there are lots of release dates being bandied about, NONE are official as of this posting. However, in all likelihood, the CD will be released sometime in MAY, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later. As soon as the date becomes official (or, as soon as I'm told that it's official) I will post it on the site, and then some of you can respond that it's old news.