The Matrix (1999) DVD Cover Remake

matrix3dcover9yh.jpg

Warning: Clicking the image leads to the flat version, which is huge. It's the official DVD size for printing, so if you know how to print it properly you can replace your old cover with this one :)

I spent a good while today working on this... I've really wanted to get back into doing more professional work lately since I'm going to college for it, so I'm starting off with DVD covers and all.

I really love doing these things... and I'm really proud of the result of this one.

So yes, comments/criticism/rateage? :D

(NOTE: I noticed the cut-off on Keanu Reeves' name on the front cover... for some reason the 3D thing was set to the wrong size when I went to do the 3D effect... and I only just now realized it, and I need to go to bed -.-

So I'll be fixing that tommorow, no worries)

EDIT: Ripway's gay when it comes to bandwidth, so if you click the image and it doesn't give you the flat version, just wait until the next day to try again... until I can upgrade there isn't much I can do unfortunately.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Ripway Web Hosting User Account

Exceeded Bandwidth

This user account has exceeded their daily bandwidth limit. If this is your account, you might consider upgrading to a premium plan, or reduce the number or size of files you're sharing online. As soon as the total downloads from this account over a 24 hour period drops below the accounts limit, downloads will be restored.

Oh for God's sake, friggin' Ripway...

Alright, one moment, I'll see if I can transfer it onto Imageshack or something since Photobucket would just resize the image.

Well personally I don't think you can beat the original cover. That's not to say that your cover is bad though. The only thing I can pick fault with is the black bar at the bottom of the front. I don't like that, and how the names are stuffed down there in the corners.

That black bar is the ground they're walking on, AJ :P

I used it at the bottom for the names, but yeah, I was tempted to have them up top like with the original.

And I'll try uploading it here then, I just wasn't sure if there was a size limit on images uploaded.

Ground or not it's still a big ugly black bar :P It makes it look like the pic wasn't big enough to fit the front and you've been left with blank space.

:P fine you big bastard, I'll get rid of it XD

I might add a quote or something beneath the logo too, just because it looks like it needs some balance there

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Well personally I don't think you can beat the original cover.

I agree totally. I mean the cover looks good and all, but it's basically using the style that the Matrix already has. It's more of a challenge to take something that looks really shitty, that has no image already, and build it up yourself.

So yeah, the cover looks solid, but it's nothing new.

Actually, you saying that there triple is what I wanted.

The first cover doesn't match the other two when it comes to color scheme, much less the layout... so I was looking to add a bit more harmony among the three covers.

Spruced up the front and back so it'll look better, followed everyone's advice with the black bar... tell me what you guys think now :)

post-143-1140944160_thumb.jpg

post-143-1140944302_thumb.jpg

post-143-1140944160_thumb.jpg

post-143-1140944302_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that's the official Matrix font that I used, so it was probably intentional to match the logo :P