Velvet Goldmine

Benji

Has anyone ever seen this film? I saw it a week ago when a friend bought it round and loved it. It's loosely based on the relationship between Iggy Pop and David Bowie during the whole glam rock era, but even if you aren't a fan of either or the era, it's worth checking out. It has Christian Bale, Eddie Izzard and Ewan McGregor and a FANTASTIC score of music and acting, and writing. Oh, just see it already :wub:

I adore this film, I've been meaning to get it on DVD for years. Ewan McGregor is fantastic in it, but I think Jonathan Rhys-Meyers pretty much steals the show, although I might be biased because I was pretty much introduced to the film by his brother.

The soundtrack is fantastic, though, The Venus In Furs are mindblowing. A Britpop supergroup covering Roxy Music's best songs...you can't go wrong.

I heartily recommend this film whenever possible.