Calzaghe vs Lacy

Liam

Well, I know I'll be watching.

I'll copy the post I made at another forum about it:

I (as well as the Racing Post, which I read at my bookies) go with Calzaghe.

Fact is, Calzaghe several years ago would have pissed this fight, and to be honest it didn't really help that the division has been a wasteland for most of the decent years of Calzaghe's reign. Now, he has gone over his peak, but as long as he doesn't get injured, he has more than enough to take out Lacy.

Lacy hasn't beaten anyone spectacular, and struggled with one of the only blokes they have both fought (they also both fought Robin Reid, but arguably Lacy got Reid way after his peak, unlike Calzaghe).

Hope it'll be a good one at least, even if Calzaghe doesn't win.

I've really taken a shine to Calzaghe this past week. I've read about three interviews with him and he seems to be a genuine good guy. There was one bit on his FHM interview that was brilliant

FHM: Would you take a dive for a million quid?

Calzaghe: No

FHM: What about thirty million?

Calzaghe: I'd jump right out the fucking ring

And he appears to be bitch-slapping Lacy. Good.

So......this was the big American hope, right? Typically over-rated Yank boxer in my opinion.

If you have a kid who you want to box, show them this fight, as Calzaghe boxed rings around Lacy, and frankly it was embarassing at times. I agreed with the commentary team that if it wasn't a title fight, it would have been stopped earlier, as Lacy was out on his feet.

A boxer will always beat a fighter.

As I said somewhere else.

Calzaghe is the don, no questions asked.