Help constructing a mural?

I'm currently in the process of designing my own graphics mural, the theme being A-Z Video Games.

Thing is, I don't know exactly how to put it together on a webpage... so I was wondering if one of you guys who does know could whip together a page for me and sorta update it for me until I'm done with the mural? That'd be awesome :)

Here's the link to my Photobucket Account Subfolder where the graphics are located:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v64/NorrisScott/Mural/

Guest Jorden Vandal

I'll do this for you, just keep churning out images and I'll keep adding them to the page.

:D

Edit: I actually began putting the mural together and noticed something which you have done wrong, which prohibits me from making it display properly.

See: http://gpw.legacyofchampions.com/mural.html

As you can tell and it's obviouse you've used part of the 'last' image to make the next. What's wrong with this is when they are pieced together they do not go seemlessly because you did not remove the 're-used' part from the image before it. You would need to cut out the (for example) 'E' and beyond to the right of the first image to make the second Bomberman image flow seemlessly.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Jorden Vandal

Wait until you're finished. Then you need to put all 26 pieces into one (long) graphic and get them all lined up properly. Then you either use a slicing tool and have PS/PSP code the table up for you. Or chop up the pieces manually and code a table to put them in.

I'd do it, maybe, if I could be arsed and I wasn't so tired.

Yuh you either need to wait till the end, or do it as you go and be two graphics behind. Then you bring them all into photoshop on a long canvas, and just slice them approximately.

The sci fi one was well over ten thousand pixels long.

Edit: Don't do what jordan said. You WILL cock it up, and cut it one pix too short or the blend won't go.

Ah, alright... awesome, I think I get what to do now.

Thanks for the thought, Jordan-- I updated the graphics to make them fit better, and noticed you had the mural coded to 800x500 like the original graphic sizes were... so now they're a wee bit overstretched.

I'll probably have to copy your code and manually put in the new dimensions for each... but I really appreciate that you did that for me :)

Edited by The Mask of Norro

No no, I'm doing what you and AJ said-- I've had the canvas on Photoshop anyway... I've just been manually slicing them now to fix the problem.

Guest Jorden Vandal

The website is updated with the new sizes for the pictures, just waiting on you to get some more of these made and uploaded. I noticed you've done one after the GTA picture, but it's not cut the way the others are so I've yet to add that one.

Otherwise, I'll just keep checking this and I'll work on putting it together and adding to it as you go.

Oh and no problem.

I've updated the uploads now, should be cut properly. I'm up to 'k' now, even though I've finished L, I won't upload it until M is done. Also, if you could, change "The Mask of Norro" on that page to "Norris Scott"

Still working on this thing, I'll post whenever I make a new one.

Once again, thanks man :)

Edited by The Mask of Norro

I'm now up to 'P', have already finished Q but now gotta finish R before I upload Q.

It's really coming along nicely :)

Guest Jorden Vandal

Hectic few days at work and it continues tomorrow and thursday. I'll be gone on Friday-Sunday but I can FOR SURE update everything on Sunday when I get home.

If you can wait that long.

:D