League vs Union

TheArsenal

I have 'nothing else' because you're making the same tired argument that every Manly fan has been making since their team couldn't get the job done. I tell you, it's tiring hearing the same thing from Manly fans since 1997.

------------------------------------

On a more rugby league related topic, I for one am looking forward to next season. I realise my team is still very much in the running for this year's premiership (although with Buderus likely to miss at least a week and probably more, I daresay it's a long shot), but I'm looking forward to seeing what Brian Smith can do. Hagan's done a decent job in 2006, but it doesn't erase the steady decline we've enjoyed under his guidance since his maiden premiership. I'm also interested to see what out drugstore cowboy can come up with.

On top of that, there's the likely resurgence of sides like Sydney and Souths, and the new Gold Coast franchise who are guaranteed to make things interesting. Early tips for the dreaded wooden spoon would be Canberra (who have lost almost everybody) and from there it's a tough call. I think Saints are in for a rude awakening. My freakishly early ladder prediction for 2007.

1. Canterbury Bulldogs

2. Melbourne Storm

3. Manly Sea Eagles

4. North Queensland Cowboys

5. Brisbane Broncos

6. Newcastle Knights

7. New Zealand Warriors

8. Gold Coast Titans

9. Parramatta Eels

10. Penrith Panthers

11. Sydney Roosters

12. St George/Illawarra Dragons

13. Wests Tigers

14. South Sydney Rabbitohs

15. Cronulla Sharks

16. Canberra Raiders

Edited by The Misanthrope

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I lose the argument? Newcastle won and Manly lost. There were dubious calls that went both ways, and in the end the Knights did a better job of capitalising on it. The Knights can't be faulted for playing the hand that Hampstead dealt them. Yes, there were some atrocious calls and the worst ones seemed to favour us, but that's not the Knights' fault. With the exception of the Buderus spear tackle, the game was played in good spirits.

Just tune in your television for the next two days and hope that two of the bottom teams don't win.

Guest Anti-Hero

Haha, pussies. My team didn't even make the eight, and I don't have to give a shit anymore :P

Parra's gone, so I'm hoping for anyone but the Bulldogs or Dragons in the Grand Final. Storm vs Knights, Storm vs Sea Eagles or Knights vs Sea Eagles are what I'm hoping for.

There aren't any decent refs left. Hampstead was hopeless on Friday, and whoever had Melbourne/Parramatta didn't do a good job either, although it was video refereeing that ultimately cost Parramatta.

I miss Hollywood Harrogan :-(

I thought it was Parra's inability to score more tries, but whatever :shifty:

That was the most boring match of the weekend. Neither team created anything and it was just side-to-side footy. Nothing near the intensity of the Manly/Drugcastle (:shifty:) or Brisbane/ Dragons match.

I thought it was Parra's inability to score more tries, but whatever

Not like either side set the field afire, and in Parramatta's case, they had a try disallowed that the rules state should have been given.

The only entertaining match from last weekend was Manly/Newcastle (nice to see you're still dwelling in the past with the drugcastle reference. 1996 was a hell of a year for you guys). Saints benefited from a one dimensional Brisbane attack, anyone could have thumped Canberra, and that Parra/Melbourne game was about as inspiring as a Shelton Benjamin monologue.

There's a difference between playing a Dragon's side who played their best game of the year, still being in the game for 60 minutes and losing 28-0, and playing a Brisbane side dropping quite a few balls and giving away a lot more penalties, still only in 4th gear, being out of the game at halftime and losing (currently) 50-0.