WEST WING: BLINK VS HIPSTER DOOFUS

Blink versus Hipster Doofus

Story: You've been accepted as a freelance graphics artist by a film company, and they want you to design for them a promotional poster for their upcoming movie, _________. The design will be featured in movie theaters wherever the movie is being shown, so they especially want you to do a good job with it.

Basic Rules: Create a movie poster for whatever upcoming movie you'd like or, if there are none that you're interested in doing, create one for your favorite movie. Take a look at actual theater promotional posters for movies before you make one, though... remember: the more professional the design, the better the results.

Restrictions: Credits for the film are optional, but you MUST have the names of at least one or two main actors/actresses featured in the movie featured somewhere on the poster, as well as the name/logo of the movie itself.

Size: 600x860

Deadline: Sunday, March 26th

KEITH CLARK

-------------

Pros: Oh, oh wow. That's an awesome attempt there Keith... I read about that movie recently too, and what you've done certainly fits it to a t. Nice font placement, effects and selection... quality picture choice and the broken beer mugs in the backdrop really work well to fill in those empty spaces. You've got excellent placement of the movie title, producing company, and the release date... and the actor names are really well placed as well, and not too large.

Cons: You really could have picked a better line for the top there, it kinda leaves you hanging when there's no resolution to that elipse :P

HIPSTER DOOFUS

-------------

Pros: I *love* how you made it all grainy like an old painting might look kinda. Really fits well with the movie. Main cut was done well and looks nice, and to a certain extent even the images used on the left are blended well. Actor names are perfectly placed too.

Cons: I really don't like how you've got all the grain going on up top balanced with the smoothness of black down below... and then suddenly there's a picture of someone amongst that at a complete random. That really put me off, the picture of the chick I mean... just seems way too out of place-- I'd have made the logo to the movie larger and centered it to add harmony. The blending on the left with the pictures, as said above, was done well to a certain extent, but there's some areas that would have been better off having some 'touching up', as it sorta just looks amateurish where the darker color abruptly fades into the lighter one (such as with the man's shirt fading into teh space over the man below's head)

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Keith's was great, it really did look like a movie poster-- especially one for a parody like that. He picked nice fonts, had excellent placement, everything was crisp and smooth... it just really, truly worked well. I was serious about the quote though, having it go from "THE SECOND RULE ABOUT BEER CLUB..." to "BEER FEST" was a bit awkward.

Hipster's was well done considering the film he chose, the style he used fits it well. Like I said, the only *major* problem I have is that he used that picture of the woman where he did-- much less at all since had he not used it everything would have probably had a better harmony-- and pushed the logo off to the side and made it smaller then it needed to be. I really think it should have been centered, and at least a bit larger.

The both of you made posters that really fit the film well though, and for that the both of you were excellent this round. Neither really was bad at all, just that one of you had one poor part to the poster that drug it below the other. That person who was drug down was you, Hipster... and thus Keith Clark will advance to the next round. A great, great effort from the both of you though.

Thanks for participating Hipster... I really think you could do some great damage next time around if you sharpen your skills just a bit more until then. As for you, Keith, thanks for replacing Blink... and welcome to round two.