Eugene runs the WWE!

Guest Oscy

IPB Image

Preview

What Next For Randy?

April 14, 2006

It seems as if World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton's questionable behavior is starting to catch up with him. Last week, a soon-to-return Batista confirmed a World Title match between the two for Judgment Day. On that same night Chavo Guererro, who had been drafted to Smackdown in the Annual Roster Draft, defeated Randy in a non-title match, with help from Rey Mysterio, to settle their differences.

But even that wasn't all, as The Undertaker also challenged Randy for his title once the bout had ended. Appearing out of nowhere, causing Randy to instinctively flee the ring.

Another consequence due to the Draft was the Bashams being reunited. The brothers continued to swap around, taking turns to fight Super Crazy in a singles match. The ref didn't notice and this led to the real legal man, Danny Basham, winning.

Super Crazy can get revenge as he teams with fellow Mexicool Psychosis to take on the Basham Brothers.

Number One Smackdown Announcer Funaki continues his self-proclaimed journey to the top of the Cruiserweight Division, with a match against Jamie Noble.

And Big Show makes his return to Smackdown with a match against fellow draftee Ric Flair.

Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms will also be in attendance, with only a short while until his return from injury.

But can things get any worse for Randy Orton? Or will he find some way to come out unscathed? Find out by watching Smackdown, Friday night 8/7 CT on UPN.

Edited by Oscy

Friday Night Smackdown - 04/14/06 - Pre-show

(Thought I'd post the pre-show seperately, since it's kinda long anyway and has enough substance)

Eugene and Regal are in their make-shift office before the show. Regal is sitting down at the desk placing his ornaments perfectly whilst on the phone, and Eugene is practicing doing his tie at a nearby mirror.

Regal: "Oh dear...well ok...mmhm...no it's quite alright, we can work around it. At least it's not any worse...Yes...Thank you, goodbye Doctor."

Eugene: "Who were you talking to?"

Regal: "That was Dr. Youngblood, Eugene, one of our best doctors. He was looking at Rob Szatkowski's (Rob Van Dam's) back twinge. It's not actually as bad as first thought."

Eugene: "Will he be gone for a long time??"

Regal: "Don't worry Eugene, he's just being rested. Due to his unorthodox, athletic...bendy...style, the back is very important. He won't be ready for Backlash, but he should be fit enough a little after the PPV."

Eugene: "Yeah! Mr. Pay Per View! Mr. Money In The Bank! Mr. Mon-"

Jonathon Coachman bursts into the room, trying to be stopped by the assistant.

Regal: "It's alright, Sophie."

She closes the door behind her.

Regal: "Now do you mind explaining, Jonathon, why you are barging into the owner's office?"

Coachman: "Hey, The Coach doesn't mean any disrespect, but I've got a little problem."

Regal: "Oh? Has Bob Holly been giving you trouble again?"

Coachman "Well..he did say something about my sexuality just now, but that's not what The Coach is here to talk about!"

Eugene: "Did...did he call you a 'fag' again? Are you a fag??"

Regal: "Eugene! Don't use that language, you must be professional."

Coachman: "Hey, it's a well known fact that The Coach loves the ladies...aaaand the ladies love The Coach. But like I said, I have a more pressing matter."

Regal: "Well don't dither, it better be bloody good."

Coachman: "Well I've been noticing that the RAW ratings have been doing well recently, but The Coach isn't a part of it! I think if you put me back in the commentary scene, your ratings would be off the charts!"

Eugene: "But...but the ratings are from...when you're not on!"

Regal: "Well I'm sorry Jonathon, but unless you have a sudden plan to become a wrestler and go on to make great achievements, we have no other plans for you aside being an interviewer?"

Eugene: "Wow! You...You could be a...a wrestler! Like when Jim Ross pinned Triple H!!"

Coachman: "Hey, as good as that sounds, I might get a little heat like John Cena. I'd be holding that WWE Title forever, and the fans, as much as they love The Coach, would find it boring. And that wouldn't bring in ratings like The Coach spearheading the commentary team."

Eugene: "Commentary?...But...but you suck!"

Coachman: "Hey! Don't tell me I suck, ok? I'm the best there is, best there was, something along those lines-"

Regal: "Stop! Now Jonathon, need I remind you you're an employee of World Wrestling Eugene and Eugene himself."

Eugene: "Yeah!...You're...you're my bitch!"

Regal: "Eugene!...'Coach', it's good of you to voice your concern, but there's no major plans for you right now."

Coachman: "But I'm The Coach! Fine! If you won't have me, perhaps TNA will!"

Regal: "Ok, go right ahead."

Coachman: "What? No, I wasn't serious. I was joking!"

Regal: "Well in the end, it's up to Eugene. Quite frankly, I'd fire you on the spot for your recent behavior..."

Coachman turns to Eugene and his slightly done tie.

Coachman: "Hey, give The Coach a chance! The fans'll love it!"

Eugene thinks a few seconds...

Eugene: "Yooooou're FIRED!"

Regal is quite amused by the Vince impression.

Regal: "Well...well you heard the boss. Your contract will be compensated, you're free to go to TNA, YMCA, or wherever the bloody hell you want!"

Coachman: "No wait! You can't fire me! Can't you smell what The Coach is cookin'??"

Eugene: "No! You just smell!"

Regal calls for security and Bob Holly comes out.

Holly: "Now we can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way. Now I know you like it hard, but think about it for a second, ass-rammer."

Jonathon hesitates, then leaves the room quickly.

Edited by Oscy

Wow mate, I am really impressed with this diary. Firstly, I love the Eugene dialogue, I especially like the way you managed to maintain the integrity of the matches but focus on the actual dialogue therefore keeping the story as its most important part. I think the wrestlers are definately all keeping up to their characters and the new Matt Hardy Gimmick definately could be brilliant. I was very interested with your brand changes, especially with Flair moving to Smackdown and Lashley to RAW. I tried thinking in my mind how well, in real terms Flair could be utalised on Smackdown, and I couldnt visualise it, but you've handled it great. London Vs. Flair would definately be an interesting match to watch. Gonna keep reading! good luck

• 11 months later...