TNA - The Road Goes Ever On...

IPB Image

NWA-TNA Lockdown Pay-Per-View

April 23rd 2006

Results

Six Sides of Steel for the #1 contendership to the NWA Tag Team championships

The Naturals vs. Team Canada w/Scott D'Amore

Team Canada defeated the Naturals after Bobby Roode pinned Chase Stevens. Team Canada went into this match without the prospect of outside interference, and were on the back-foot for some time because of it. Eventually, however, Young and Roode were able to power back into the match, and when Young catapulted Chase Stevens into the cage, Bobby Roode was on hand with a Northern Lariat on the rebound.

Six Sides of Steel International Showcase for the TNA X Division championship

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels © vs. CIMA

Christopher Daniels defeated CIMA, brought in from the Toryumon promotion in Japan for one night only, to retain the title. Samoa Joe was on hand to watch this one from ringside, as the two men took each other to the limit and back inside the cage. Daniels was continually distracted by the presence of Joe at ringside, allowing CIMA to get several near-falls, but eventually the Fallen Angel kicked into gear and capitalised on a mistake from the Japanese import to hit the Last Rites and win the bout.

Six Sides of Steel Grudge Match

LAX vs. The James Gang w/"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

LAX won the match after Homicide pinned Kip James. With both teams fighting each other to a stalemate throughout the match, Konnan took it upon himself to use a 'difference-maker' - a steel chair - to turn the match in the LAX's favor. Bob Armstrong came to the rescue, but Konnan was soon brutalising him all over the Impact-Zone. When BJ James went to his aid, Kip fell prey to a Cop Killa from Homicide.

Six Sides of Steel

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. "The Homicidal, Genocidal" Sabu

Samoa Joe defeated Sabu. Both men brought their 'A' game to this match, with Sabu emptying a garbage can full of plunder into the ring before the match could begin. Both took full advantage of this, although it was Joe who was eventually able to make it count, hitting an unbelievable Muscle Buster onto a steel chair to pin the homicidal, genocidal Sabu.

Six Sides of Steel for the NWA World Heavyweight championship

"Captain Charisma" Christian Cage © vs. "The Monster" Abyss w/James Mitchell

Christian Cage © defeated Abyss to retain the championship. Abyss came close to victory several times, but just couldn't put Cage away, no matter what he threw at him. With James Mitchell on the outside, unable to affect proceedings, Cage was able to wear Abyss down and eventually pin him following an Unprettier.

Lethal Lockdown Match

Team Jarret (Jeff Jarret, Scott Steiner, America's Most Wanted) vs. Team Sting (Sting, Rhino, Team 3D)

Team Jarret defeated Team Sting after Jeff Jarret pinned Sting. This match was probably the most brutal of the night, with every participant busted wide open before the end, thanks to the steel cage. Team Jarret began by dominating Sting's team, with Scott Steiner decimating Rhino and Team 3D whilst Jarret directed traffic and AMW kept Sting at bay. Sting fought back, however, and eliminated Steiner with a Scorpion Deathdrop only for AMW to handcuff him to the cage. Sting was forced to watch as AMW and Jarret used every dirty trick in the book to destroy Rhino, before Team 3D came to the rescue with a table. James Storm went through and was eliminated, but not before Jarret had pinned Brother Ray. Chris Harris and Brother Devon continued to assault each other, with their fight spilling to the outside, leaving Jarret alone with Rhino. The War Machine threw everything he had at Jarret, but the King of the Mountain was able to use his guitar as a difference-maker, and eliminate him. As Jeremy Borash announced that Harris and Devon had been counted out of the match, Jarret un-cuffed Sting after a chairshot, but the icon came out fighting! The two men bloodied each other in a brutal fight, before Scott Steiner made his way back to the ring, locking Sting in the Steiner Recliner until he passed out, allowing Jarret to hit the Stroke for the pinfall.

Edited by Sephiroth Clone

Confirmed Matches

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels © vs. "The Samoan Submission

Machine" Samoa Joe - TNA X Division championship

hopefully Chris Daniels so Joe can move up the card

"The Notorious 187" Homicide w/Konnan vs. Cassidy Reilly

Homicide, give him the push lol

The Naturals vs. Shark Boy and Norman Smiley

Oh I love that you arent making every match a huge thing, the jobbers take the pin and the Naturals make noise in the tag ranks

IPB Image

NWA-TNA iMPACT! on SpikeTV

May 4th 2006

Taped at the Impact-Zone at Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida

- The show opens up with some highlights from last week's edition of the show, wherein Jarret's Army stood tall at the end of the show, and Larry Zybysko confirmed that Samoa Joe would indeed be getting his much-anticipated X Division championship rematch against Chris Daniels this week on the 60-Minute Adrenaline Rush.

- With that done, we head over to Stage 21 at Universal Studios, for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling! Mike Tenay and Don West welcome us to the show, and hype tonight's show as the biggest of the year thus far. Tenay claims that "Samoa Joe will stop at nothing, just nothing" to get his hands on the X Division title, and that EMTs and an ambulance are on standby in the parking lot already. As they continue to shill the main event, however - Christian Cage's music plays!

- Christian Cage heads out to a colossal reaction from the Impact-Zone, wearing another of his very snazzy jacket-and-pants combinations, this one in red and gold. He poses with the title for a while, and then takes a microphone.

Christian Cage: "Y'know, I take one week off to recover from Lockdown, and all Hell breaks loose! I mean, Jarret and his boys run roughshod over Rhino, and Scott Steiner walks his way to another cheap victory. So, the question for the Christian Coalition this week is - what are we gonna do about it?"

There's a pop for that, and a small "Let's Go Christian!" chant as he continues speaking.

Christian Cage: "Now, I said I'd defend this NWA World's title against all comers, but it occurs to me that there's more to being the champion that just wearing the belt and styling like you've never styled before. There's the small matter of watching out for your buddies, and that includes Rhino - so as far as Jeff Jarret and Scott Steiner are concerned…"

Cage is cut off, however, as Jeff Jarret's music plays! The champion looks ticked off as Jarret walks out in street clothes, accompanied by the Genetic Freak, Scott Steiner, and (somewhat inexplicably) Alex Shelley. Jarret strolls down to the ring and climbs in with Steiner, leaving Shelley prowling around the outside. Double J grabs a mic, and begins to address Cage from safely behind Steiner.

Jeff Jarret: "Blah blah blah blah blah… Christian, y'know what? Just button it, boy, because TNA ain't your damn responsibility. You're wearing my title right now, and as long as you are, you do whatever it takes to shut up and keep outta the way until I take it back, you understand me? Look at me - I'm the King of the Mountain, Cage, I'm the reason TNA exists! And what are you?"

Christian Cage: "I'm a damn sight better looking than you, for one thing."

That pisses off Scott Steiner, who takes the microphone.

Scott Steiner: "Very funny, you little punk. You know somethin' Cage? I've flushed bigger things than you, so you just watch your mouth and we won't have to get physical, you hear me?"

Christian Cage: "O-Okay, a-alright Scott, no need to get angry, what do you say we, uh - "

The NWA World's champion can't keep up the pretence, however, and bursts out laughing, almost doubling over in a fit of giggles. Steiner and Jarret look livid, but Jarret almost jumps out of his skin when Cage straightens back up with a thunderous look on his face.

Christian Cage: "You want to get physical, Steiner? An NWA World's champion in the prime of his career against a juiced-up carnie sideshow? Well I say bring it on, big man, because THAT'S - "

The crowd finish off Christian's catchphrase, and he uses the distraction to drop the mic and tackle Steiner into the ropes! Jeff Jarret hightails it out of the ring as Steiner and Cage exchange hard right hands in the ring, but the King of the Mountain is quickly back up on the apron with his trusty guitar. He winds up to take a hit at Christian, but finds himself tripped up by Rhino! The War Machine, who Tenay and West remind us has been gunning for Jarret and calling TNA management all week, tosses Jarret around the ringside area as Scott Steiner begins to beat down Cage in the ring, before a familiar voice at the top of the ramp interjects.

Larry Zybysko: "Whoa whoa WHOA! Get security out here!"

At the DOA's bidding, half a dozen security flock to the ring and pull the four men apart.

Larry Zybysko: "Now here I was, sittin' in my office, about to make an announcement about Sacrifice, and what do I see on the monitors? You guys, out here like a bunch of kids without pacifiers! Now listen up, and listen good - Sacrifice is in three weeks time, May 21st, and it seems to me that we've got two matches lined up right here!"

The crowd pop for that, and Rhino is positively licking his lips, staring at Jarret.

Larry Zybysko: "So, at Sacrifice, Rhino - you can stop callin' TNA management every day. You want Jeff Jarret? You've GOT Jeff Jarret! And Christian - you said you'd defend the belt against all comers, and it looks like Big Poppa Pump is a comer, so you two will be facing off in the main event, with the NWA World's title on the line!"

Another big pop for that, and Tenay takes some time to shill this huge announcement. Jarret is positively distraught, and yells up the ramp that Zybysko can't do this to him.

Larry Zybysko: "I can do whatever I want, Jarret. Security? Get these four men outta here!"

The security guards do as they're told, and Zybysko heads down to the ring, alone now (save for Alex Shelley, who has been hanging around with the Paparazzi-Cam, filming the unfolding mayhem).

Larry Zybysko: "And now, it's time for my announcement. As you may know, the man known as the 'Charismatic Enigma' - Jeff Hardy - has been absent from TNA for some time. Well, I'm here to tell you that he is not on leave, he's AWOL! So, I'm giving him a fair warning, live on network television - Hardy! If you don't show up to Sacrifice on May 21st, your life won't be worth living! I know you're at home in Carolina, I know you've been no-showing, well I say enough is enough! If you don't show up, you'll be fired from TNA on the spot!"

At this point, Alex Shelley slides into the ring, clutching a microphone.

Alex Shelley: "Larry, Larry!"

Larry Zybysko: "What the Hell do you want?"

Alex Shelley: "Well, it's about this Jeff Hardy thing. He's been no-showing, staying at home - I figured you'd wanna know why, right? So, why don't I go up to Carolina and find out? I mean, it'd make a great documentary for the Paparazzi-Cam, right? I can see it now - the betrayal! The intrigue! The suspense!"

Larry Zybysko: "Has anybody ever told you that you need to get out more?"

Alex Shelley: "My therapist, a few times, but c'mon - what do you say?"

Larry Zybysko: "If I say yes, will you get outta here?"

Shelley nods, and Zybysko follows suit. Excited, Shelley exits the ring and grabs his camera, before running off backstage. Zybysko follows as Tenay and West speculate about Jeff Hardy's absence from TNA, and we go to a commercial break.

(82)

- The Naturals vs. Shark Boy and Smiley

Back from the commercials, Shark Boy and Norman Smiley are in the ring, and the Naturals are on their way down the ramp. We get a nice handshake from Smiley and Stevens before they lock up, and drop into a decent chain-wrestling sequence. Smiley and Shark Boy are mostly going for comedy, with Shark Boy outmatched as far as size is concerned, and Smiley playing for laughs from the crowd. The Naturals are on good form, tossing Shark Boy all over the place, but eventually Sharky gets the hot tag to Smiley, who takes Andy Douglas down with a series of heavy right hands. Finally, Douglas is able to duck one, and rolls Smiley up for the 1-2-3. *¾

- After the match, as Douglas and Stevens celebrate, America's Most Wanted hit the ring with Gail Kim in tow. Gail proceeds to direct traffic as Harris and Storm attack the Naturals from behind, brutalising them with their Tag Team title belts. Finally, Storm handcuffs Chase Stevens to the ropes and Gail Kim forces him to watch as AMW hit the Death Sentence on Andy Douglas!

(MQ 76%, CR 58%, OR 67%)

- We go to the back now, where Alex Shelley is walking by, clutching the Paparrazi-Cam. He passes Jackie Gayda, who isn't looking happy at all.

Alex Shelley: "What's up?"

Jackie Gayda: "Shove it."

Alex Shelley: "Oh, ho ho ho - that's not nice, Jackie. Y'know something, you're damn lucky you're still IN TNA, you know that? The Paparrazi-Cam has dirt on you, Jackie-baby, don't you forget it. One word from the big man, and you're toast. So watch your tongue."

Shelley walks off, and we head back to ringside.

- "The Notorious 187" Homicide vs. Cassidy Reilly

Cassidy Reilly is in the ring, and Homicide is heading out with his manager, Konnan. Cassidy begins the match by performing the crucifix taunt, and Homicide wastes no time in attacking him from behind with some brutal kicks and punches. Reilly manages to fight back, and desperately attempts the Evenflow DDT, but Homicide blocks it and proceeds to beat the hapless sidekick into a pulp, before putting him out of his misery with the Cop Killa. *

- After the match, Konnan hops into the ring and the two men continue to beat up Reilly - Homicide plants him with a second, brutal Cop Killa, and Konnan uses the steel chain he's been wearing around his neck to choke him out. As they brutalise Reilly, however, they completely miss BG and Kip James rushing out from the back! The James Gang hit the ring and clean house, throwing the LAX to the outside! Konnan is furious, and curses the two men out in Spanish, before backtracking up the ramp - right into "Bullet" Bob Armstrong! This scares Konnan half to death, and he quickly exits with Homicide, trying to look intimidating.

(MQ 69%, CR 51%, OR 60%)

- Backstage now, where Shane Douglas is standing with both Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe. The two men are both looking very fired-up indeed, and it's all Douglas can do to stand between them and prevent them from brawling as he conducts the interview.

Shane Douglas: "Guys - tonight, you two face off for the X Division title. First, Joe - you're undefeated, you're on the back of one of the hottest streaks in TNA history, and you've made it your mission to win back the X title tonight. Can you make good on your promise?"

Samoa Joe: "Can I? Can I? You'd better believe I can, Douglas. Daniels, listen up and read my lips - that title's mine. I will break you tonight, I will take you to Hell and back if I have to, and I will walk away the X Division champion. Believe that if nothing else."

Shane Douglas: "Harsh words. Chris - anything to say to your challenger?"

Christopher Daniels: "I told you last week, Joe - I've beaten you before. Cry and whine all you like, you lost the match and you lost your title. It's all as it's been foreseen, Joe, this is all another part of the grand plan. Like it or not - I'm God's gift to professional wrestling, and I'll prove it to you tonight."

That's just about all Joe can take. He roughly shoves Shane Douglas aside, almost knocking him out, and pounces on Daniels with some hard lefts and rights. The two men are quickly broken up by security, but not before Joe has left a cut on Daniels' forehead and forced him into a foetal position on the floor. As Joe is dragged away, Tenay and West hype the main event, and we go to commercials.

(68)

- "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage/"The War Machine" Rhino vs. "King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarret/"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

As we return from the break, the semi-main event match is just getting underway. Rhino starts by locking up with Scott Steiner, and the Genetic Freak quickly forces him into a turnbuckle and begins whaling away at him with rights and lefts. Rhino powers out of the corner and tackles Steiner down, before throwing him into Jeff Jarret, which Earl Hebner rules is a tag. Jarret tentatively steps between the ropes, but bails when Rhino barrels towards him. Eventually, they lock up, and Rhino tosses Jarret around with some suplexes and slams, before tagging in Christian. Cage goes up top and immediately tries the Frog Splash, but Steiner is on hand to push him off of the top. Christian lands jaw-first on the ropes, and bounces off into a lariat from Jarret. Gail Kim and Jackie Gayda, who are at ringside, watch on as Jarret locks on the figure-4 leglock, but Rhino is in to break it. This brings Steiner out of his corner, and pretty soon he's brawling with Rhino across the ringside area. In the ring, Jarret continues to beat on Christian, until Captain Charisma counters a bodyslam and rolls behind him - Unprettier! That gets the pinfall. *

- Gail Kim is furious after the match, and jumps onto the apron, jawing with Christian. He stares at her, incredulous, and blows her a mocking kiss before heading backstage with his title. Rhino and Steiner, meanwhile, have brawled into the back, and Tenay informs us that security have been unable to break it up and are now concentrating on moving the fight out of the building. Good for them. We go to another commercial break.

(MQ 64%, CR 76%, OR 72%)

- TNA X Division title - "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels © vs. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe

Back from the break, and this is the main event. Jeremy Borash is on hand for the introductions.

Jeremy Borash: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your main event contest of the evening, when the bell rings the man in charge will be TNA senior official Earl Hebner. The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the TNA X Division championship of the WOOOOORLD! In the corner to my left, the challenger - from Los Angeles, California, standing at six feet three inches and weighing in at an even 290lbs - he is the undefeated Samoan Submission Machine - Samoa JOOOOOOOE!"

There's a pretty big heel reaction for Joe, and some "Joe's gonna kill you!" chants.

Jeremy Borash: "And in the corner to my right, from the City of Angels, standing at exactly six feet and weighing in at 210lbs - he is the current, reigning, and defending TNA X Division champion - this is the Fallen Angel - Christopher DANIELS!"

With the introductions done, JB exits, and the bell rings. Joe immediately comes barrelling towards Daniels, but the Fallen Angel side-steps, leaving Joe ploughing into the turnbuckle. Daniels uses this to build some early momentum, chopping the Hell out of Joe's chest in the corner and knocking him down. He attempts to keep Joe on the floor as much as possible, to negate his impressive strength and submission arsenal, and to this end locks on an armbar. Eventually, Joe frees himself, and makes his way back up to a vertical base. Daniels gets a few more licks in, but Samoa Joe finally counters a punch and flattens him with a lariat. Tenay and West continue to put Joe over as an unstoppable force, as if he needs it, as Daniels gets suplexed around the ring like a rag doll and the ever-present "Joe's gonna kill you!" chant sparks up. Joe seems to feed off of the crowd, hurling Daniels to the outside and leaping over the ropes with a topé! Both men crash into the crowd barrier, and Hebner's count-out reaches 8 before they stagger back into the ring. Daniels ducks another lariat attempt and throws a wild right, which catches Joe above the eye and busts him open! The Fallen Angel tries to follow up with a DDT, but Joe shrugs him off and catapults him into the turnbuckle, and now both men are bleeding! Daniels' cut is pretty heavy, and Joe proceeds to work it over, slamming him into the corner a few more times to really open him up, before setting him up on the top rope - Muscle Buster off the top! Hebner drops to his knees for the count… 1-2-3! **

Joe unleashes a primal roar of joy as he raises the X title into the air, and unceremoniously dumps Daniels to the outside. Tenay and West are stunned, as usual, by Joe's domiance of the X division, but are distracted as an AJ Styles-shaped blur darts out to the ring! Joe sees him coming, and the two share a stare-down in the middle of the ring. Styles heads out to check on Christopher Daniels, with Tenay and West speculating at what Styles' purpose for being out here is. Unfortunately, they don't get much time to theorise, as Joe blasts him from behind with a steel chair! As the crammed Impact-zone watches on, Joe sets the chair up on the mat, and blasts Styles with a Muscle Buster right onto the steel! Security rush out to take care of Joe, and EMTs are shown rushing out to deal with Styles, as the show abruptly cuts.

(MQ 75%, CR 71%, OR 73%)

Overall - 70%

This is definately a very promising diary. im liking the back and forth action between Jarrett and Christian in particular.

I was wondering if you had many plans Maverick Matt or Lance Hoyt enter the picture? You know Traci deserves a push :P

Would also love to see a Bobby Roode Push. Keep up the good work homey!

Post-Impact Goal-Check

Now that Impact's over for a week, I guess we can get down to the business of settling some of Dixie and Larry's short-term goals. Mind you, all that Larry really wanted was a good buyrate and some hype for the X Cup, which is starting next week, so the bulk of the issue comes from dealing with getting workers from the E in the next month or so.

First up, the usual post-Wrestlemania cuts to the WWE roster. As has been widely reported, these cuts have been far more wide-ranging and ruthless than before. Well, the roster split idea seems to have finally taken a backseat, as they've said absolutely nothing about the draft lottery this year, and there's still no GM for Raw after months of pissing about with the inmates running the asylum.

So, who've they fired?

The usual wastes of roster space, Mark Henry and Tyson Tomko notably, and a few of the Divas who weren't getting over with the crowd. Pretty much all of the Diva Search hopefuls have gone, and a surprising amount of OVW talent as well. Notably, Aaron Stevens and Angel Williams were tipped for big things, and weren't far into their developmental runs, but they're gone now, along with the hotly-tipped Mikey Batts and, probably most surprisingly from the OVW crop, "The Shooter" Brent Albright, former OVW TV champion and one of the most promising young workers in the country.

They've also released Johnathan Coachman, Jimmy Snuka Jr., Jamal, and Daivari. Al Snow's been released from his deal, which will give him more time to work at training, which he's shown a lot of interest in lately. Viscera and Matt Stryker have also gone, and so has Victoria, which is perhaps the most shocking move of them all. As far as WWE women go, she's probably one of the few who can pull a decent match out of her ass. Lance "Garrison" Cade is also gone, so there are a lot of options as far as using their cuts to add to our roster, once the no-compete clauses run out at least.

Of course, that's not the only thing. Dixie also wants us to hire an "international superstar" to the roster, presumably to help our publicity given the need for a move to primetime television. Sting and Steiner are all very well, but one's a part-timer and the less said about Steiner, the better. Nash is pretty much out of the game in case his heart goes again, so the list is pretty thin.

Apart from those on iron-clad WWE contracts that aren't running out anywhere near soon, the list looks a little like this…

- Bill Goldberg

- Bret Hart

- Brock Lesnar

- Chris Jericho

- Hulk Hogan

- Ken Shamrock

- Randy Savage

- Sid Vicious

- Steve Austin

- The Rock

Well. A lot of name value on that list, but… they all present their own little problems. The most obvious names on the list are Rock, Hogan, and Austin, but you're only getting a part-timer for your considerable investment. Hogan and Austin are both pushing it as far as age goes, they're both notorious for causing trouble backstage - Austin, especially, doesn't get on with Jeff Jarret, and that's pretty much a blacklisting right there, because Jarret's got more power backstage than I'd like, even without the book. Rock's still committed to Hollywood, so we'd only get a few dates a year, despite the obvious public image boost.

Bret, Savage, and Vicious are all over 40, varying degrees of crippled, and thus not a viable long-term investment as far as in-ring talent goes. Shamrock's still a great talent, but he's 41 years old and perhaps a bit of a risk. Still, you're not gonna find a 20-something with the name value Dixie's asking for outside of the WWE… well, apart from Brock Lesnar, of course.

He's a definite possibility, of course, but he's made it clear that he wouldn't work dates full-time, and he's certainly not the easiest person to manage backstage, in terms of keeping him happy, and I don't wanna turn the road-agents into full-time babysitters when they've already got enough to do.

That leaves Chris Jericho and Bill Goldberg. In an ideal world, I'd jump on Jericho like a selfless soldier jumps on a live grenade, but practically I'm not so sure. He's happy to be out of the game, like he's said so many times, and not even the presence of three of his best friends (Christian Cage, Raven, and Ron Killings, in case you're curious) on the roster has been able to tempt him into even preliminary talks with us before. As for Goldberg, sheesh. He's the biggest 'name' we can realistically get our hands on, but he's damned expensive and I don't know if he'd be happy being used to try and get our home-grown talent over, which is what I'd primarily want this "international superstar" of Dixie's to do. Still, it's not an ideal world, none of the candidates are perfect and there's gonna have to be some compromise somewhere else.

Aside from the "international" stars, there are a few names currently without contract that have caught my eye. Whilst they're not guaranteed draws in the way that a Rock or Hogan on the roster would be, the casual fan would know at least something about them, and maybe even mark for them out of personal preference. Hell, our website got tonnes more hits on it when Christian showed up, and any publicity is good publicity. Who knows? A name like Yoshihiro Tajiri, Juventud Guerrera, Matt Bloom (known to you as A-Train), Andrew "Test" Martin, Mark "Muhammed Hussan" Copani, Rico Constantino, or Charlie Haas on the roster could be a boost.

IPB Image

Preview for May 11th edition

This week on SpikeTV, TNA gets World X Cup fever! The first round of the prestigious tournament, which showcases X Division-style talent from all over the world, will be getting underway this Thursday night with an amazing four X-Cup matches!

In the first round, the four teams have been randomly-drawn into pairings, with a member of each team facing a member of another team in singles action, with the winners getting two points which will later decide their advancement into the final round of the X-Cup.

The teams are as follows…

- Team USA is captained by Jerry Lynn, and will also feature Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, and "The Playa From The Himalaya" Sonjay Dutt.

- Team Canada's captain is Petey Williams, who will be leading a team also featuring Eric Young, Bobby Roode, and Team Canada's newest signing, Teddy Hart.

- Team Mexico is made up of representatives from the AAA promotion. Their captain is Shocker, and the team also features Mosco de la Merced, Alan, and Billy Boy.

- Team Japan is this year made up of regulars with the popular AJPW promotion. The team will be captained by TAKA Michinoku, and features MAZADA, NOSAWA, and Kaz Hayashi.

In addition to these X-Cup matches, Alex Shelley has revealed that his Paparazzi-Cam has footage of Jeff Hardy, as promised to TNA Director of Authority Larry Zybysko last week.

Confirmed Matches

Jerry Lynn (Team USA) vs. TAKA Michinoku (Team Japan) - World X-Cup round 1

Petey Williams (Team Canada) vs. Shocker (Team Mexico) - World X-Cup round 1

Mosco de la Merced (Team Mexico) vs. Jay Lethal (Team USA) World X-Cup round 1

Kaz Hayashi (Team Japan) vs. Bobby Roode (Team Canada) - World X-Cup round 1

This is fairly decent so far, really liking the bookers narrative regarding the set goals. I'm not sure if you did hire Goldberg it would to be to put your current talent over - that would seem like a waste as you could potentially make a lot more money if he stormed through the roster on his way to the money match with the lead heel (Jarrett, most probably).

One thing though - you seem to have missed out the UK Team in the X-Cup! Come on mate, I wanna see my boys reppin'!

I'm pretty sure it's Jarrett not Jarret as you've written throughout the diary..

I'm with Michael on that issue as well it would seem like a total waste to use Goldberg to put a bunch of guys over as Goldberg's whole mystique is that he's an unbeatable machine. That's kinda where WWE dropped the ball in real life.

Edited by Idolized

Stepping away from the normal diary with the goals is a good idea. Hopefully it will give you and us a better idea of where you're going with everything as well as throwing up a few challenges.

With reference to Goldberg though, having him storm through the roster and dominate won't look good when he can't wrestle as I'm sure the TNA fans would realise in real life and also when it crushes the morale/overness of the current breed only for Goldberg to leave and to leave everybody else looking weak.

Overall, it's a good start and I think it would be even without the goals but they do add that little bit more. It also feels like TNA with the main event scene and you're doing a good job of keeping it some what true to life.

((I hate posting in my diary when I don't have a show/anything diary-related to add, so I'm very sorry and hopefully it won't happen again, but I only have half of Impact written so I can't tack this onto a show.))

You're right, Idolized, I have been misspelling Jarrett. Many thanks.

As for Goldberg, I've read some rumours suggesting that TNA were looking to bring him in to help put over Samoa Joe as the same kind of unstoppable force that he was. A kind of "streak vs. streak" match. Goldberg's overness is 95, so in all fairness he could probably put somebody (not necessarily Joe in this diary) over in a short feud and still be head-and-shoulders above the rest of my main event, who peak at 85 overness. In terms of the diary, perhaps not, although I think the mystique around Goldberg could see that he survives one 'putting-somebody-over-at-his-own-expense' thing, if it didn't become regular.

Many apologies to anybody who saw the update and expected a show, I hope to have it finished by tomorrow afternoon as I'm out on the town this evening.

IPB Image

May 11th 2006

- The broadcast begins with a look back at last week's show, featuring Samoa Joe's brutal destruction of Christopher Daniels, and his post-match assault on AJ Styles, who had come out to check on his rival. We also see Larry Zybysko's announcements regarding Sacrifice, and a brief video package remembering last year's World X-Cup tournament.

- With that done, it's over to the Impact-Zone in Orlando, where Mike Tenay and Don West are on hand to welcome us to the 60-Minute Adrenaline Rush. The announcers hype up the wealth of global talent on offer tonight, as this week's show is devoted to the X-Cup entirely. With that said, Team Canada's music plays, and the team are out for their first X-Cup bout.

- World X-Cup - Bobby Roode (Team Canada) vs. Kaz Hayashi (Team Japan)

Bobby Roode will be taking to the ring here, against Hayashi. The bout begins with a lock-up, and Kaz gets some judo-style throws and martial arts kicks in before Roode palms away a kick and flattens him with a Polish hammer. The match is David and Goliath in nature, with Kaz trying a hit-and-run approach against the much bigger man and Roode brutalising him whenever he can get ahold of him. Hayashi shows a disregard for the rules almost rivalling Team Canada's, hooking tights and raking eyes whenever he can, and it is an underhanded tactic - a low-blow - which enables him to get the opening needed to hit a springboard hurricanrana for the pinfall. ¼*

Hayashi celebrates getting his team off the mark as the bell rings, but the rest of Team Canada are on hand to make him regret it, jumping him as he leaves the ring and tossing him around the ringside area. Coach D'Amore eventually calls them off, and the Canadians stalk backstage.

(MQ 66%, CR 28%, OR 47%)

- Samoa Joe's assault on AJ Styles is shown again, this time with some post-show footage of Larry Zybysko tacked on, checking on Styles and going livid at Joe as his car leaves the parking lot.

Larry Zybysko: "That's it - I've had enough of you, you hear me? Sacrifice - you and Styles, Joe! X Division title on the line, no disqualifications!"

The video package fades out, and Tenay informs us that Styles is recovering well, but isn't expected to be cleared to wrestle before the Pay-Per-View. We go to commercials after the announcement.

- World X-Cup - Jay Lethal (Team USA) vs. Mosco de la Merced (Team Mexico)

Back from the break, the next X-Cup match starts with a handshake between Jay Lethal and Mosco de la Merced, and a lock-up. They jockey for position until Merced sweeps Lethal's legs out from under him and goes on the offensive with some excellent lucha libre-style offense, flying from all corners of the six-sided ring in his aerial bombardment. Eventually, Lethal manages to catch him in mid-air for a sitout powerbomb, and takes to the skies himself with a missile dropkick and a moonsault. Mosco tries to get back into the match, but Lethal has kicked into gear and it's not long before he is able to hook Mosco's arms and plant him with the Dragon Suplex, which is bridged for the 3-count. *½

Lethal celebrates his victory, and helps Mosco up off of the mat. The two share another handshake, and Tenay puts over the spirit of competition in the X-Cup, claiming that it's not about who wins, but about the quality of the wrestling. Nice.

(MQ 80%, CR 31%, OR 55%)

- Up next is the footage promised to us last week by the man behind the infamous Paparrazi-Cam, "Generation Next" Alex Shelley. The footage begins outside Jeff Hardy's North Carolina home, shot through some foliage, peeking into his back yard. Shelley is heard from behind the camera, commenting on the footage.

Alex Shelley: "And here we are, TNA - the home of Jeff 'I don't have to show up to collect my pay check' Hardy. There you see the trampoline, no doubt worn down to breaking point after Hardy's early career as a yard-tard wannabe, in this very back yard! Yes, this is history in the making, folks, a look at the world-famous OMEGA arena… it's a dump, I know."

The camera moves closer, and with the help of the zoom lens, we soon see into Hardy's house through his conservatory.

Alex Shelley: "Swank, eh? However much he's collecting from TNA head office, he's certainly putting it to good use - is that Kashmir on the sofa? Niiiice! But, where oh where is the man himself? Well, let's find out."

Again, the camera creeps closer, and jolts somewhat as Shelley creeps into Hardy's back yard, snooping around and trying to find his quarry. Eventually, we spy Hardy through the kitchen window, preparing a meal.

Alex Shelley: "And there he is. Well, now that his wrestling career's wound down it seems he's found solace in the art of cookery, ladies and gents. Hell, once he gets fired and blackballed, perhaps he could try out for Masterchef? That's if he can resist the lure of tossing some of his finest home-grown into the mix, of course… that looks like oregano he's adding there, but you never can tell with Hardy, can you?"

There's a little more snooping, silently, before Shelley steps on a twig and is forced to duck into a bush to hide. He turns the camera around, so that he fills the screen Blair Witch style, and whispers.

Alex Shelley: "There you have it. Is he injured? No. Is he in some deep state of depression? No. Jeff Hardy is just a lazy, good-for-nothing has-been who's more committed to Italian cuisine than to pro wrestling. Bet the farm on him no-showing for Sacrifice, just like he's no-shown the last dozen or so TNA shows - it's the smart bet, guys. Step aside, Hardy, for the next generation - the Paparrazi-Cam's seen it all."

With that, we go to a commercial break.

(67)

- World X-Cup - Petey Williams (Team Canada) vs. Shocker (Team Mexico)

Team Mexico's captain, Shocker, is in the ring now as we return to iMPACT!, and Petey Williams is heading out to face his opposite number. Williams starts with a slap to Shocker's face, which instantly draws one in return. The two go back and forth until Williams pokes Shocker in the eye, and starts to take control. The Canadian dominates for the first few minutes, working on Shocker's back and neck with some high-impact suplexes and his wealth of submission knowledge, undoubtedly trying to weaken him up for the Canadian Destroyer. Shocker, however, fights back and goes on the offensive with a springboard cross-body block, and some lucha-style offense that Tenay puts over as being "the seed of the X Division style." Williams spends much of the match trying to ground the high-flier, and when he can't do this conventionally, he resorts to low blows and underhanded tactics. Eventually, Shocker knocks Williams down with a chop-block, and heads up to the top rope - but Williams gets his knees up to block the 450 attempt! With that, Shocker is easy prey for a victory roll, with the tights hooked, for the pinfall. ***

Shocker is stunned at having had the match stolen from his grasp, and Williams is understandably quick to exit. Tenay and West rage at Team Canada's tactics, claiming that Shocker was the better wrestler in the match and Williams had to resort to cheating, which isn't going to fly in the latter stages of the X-Cup when things get more high-octane. Apparently.

(MQ 86%, CR 60%, OR 73%)

- We're taped, now, as Scott Steiner is shown in a Florida nightclub, surrounded by an assortment of 'freaks' and drinking brewskies. He's evidently enjoying the attention, and seemingly finds it hard to tear his focus away from it as he addresses the camera.

Scott Steiner: "Christian Cage - (spits on the floor) - that's what I think of you. You're a nothing, I said it when I came to TNA and I say it now. I've swatted men like you for years, boy, like they were nothing but flies. You want to laugh at me, Cage? You dare to make insinuations that THESE PEAKS are anything other than the product of genetics and hard work?"

The steroid jibe obviously got to Steiner, and he takes a moment to compose himself.

Scott Steiner: "Just for that - I'll crush you like a bug at Sacrifice. Hell, I might've gone easy on you, I know how they like the softly, softly approach up North and I was thinkin' of playin' ball with you on that one - but you crossed the line. You're nothing, boy, an overrated sack of garbage who thinks he's funny, who thinks he's somethin' he ain't. Lemme tell you what you are - you're an insect, and I'm the exterminator. I'm the Big, Bad, Booty Daddy - and at Sacrifice, you're gonna find out just why they call me Big Poppa Pump."

Rant over, Steiner returns to his beers and women, and we go to a commercial.

(88)

- World X-Cup - Jerry Lynn (Team USA) vs. TAKA Michinoku (Team Japan)

The main event begins with Lynn offering Michinoku a handshake, which is snubbed. TAKA, playing his usual 'punk' role, proceeds to chop Lynn hard across his chest and force him into the turnbuckle for some more chops, leaving Lynn's chest lit up like a Christmas tree. Michinoku follows up with a headscissor takedown, springing up onto the ropes for a springboard elbow drop. TAKA dominates Lynn in the early parts of this match, with Tenay and West doing their best to put him over without mentioning WWE, stopping every now and then between moves to taunt the baying crowd. It is one such lapse that allows Lynn back into the bout, however, with a DDT to counter a suplex attempt. Lynn takes the match down to the mat, tying TAKA up in knots and working over his head. Michinoku, however, wrestles himself back into the match, going after Lynn's legs with some great submission holds and some old-fashioned boots to the knees. After going back and forth for a while, the two men have almost fought to a stalemate, so Michinoku opts to go all or nothing with a flying leg drop. It gets nothing, as Lynn is able to roll out of the way, and hook TAKA for the Cradle Piledriver. The work on his legs seems to have paid off, as he has a hard time lifting his opponent up, but finally he is able to execute the maneuver for the 1-2-3. ****

The Impact-Zone offers a standing ovation as Lynn celebrates his victory, leading them in a chant of 'TNA' which soon turns into the predictable 'USA' chant. As the crowd chant, however, Lynn misses Michinoku slowly picking himself up off of the mat - and grabbing the Japanese flag he brought out to ringside with him! TAKA breaks the flagpole in half over Lynn's head with a sickening crack, and dumps him unceremoniously out of the ring. He attempts to start a 'Japan' chant, but it unsurprisingly doesn't fly, so he resorts to taunting and mocking as Tenay and West run him down on commentary. They remind us to tune in next week for X-Cup tag team action, and that's it for this week.

(MQ 98%, CR 65%, OR 81%)

Overall - 70%

Shelley/Hardy fued...that's rather interesting. Im sure those two can put on a decent match for ya at times.

Part of me would like to see Goldberg come in to be your 'international superstar', but that's just how my fantasical brain works. You should still try to get Jericho in, he could put on some killer matches with AJ Styles, Chris Dainels, and many others. Getting Jericho would be a good fit for you.

But other than that....Push Samoa Joe, damn it!

Edited by syck

Post-Impact Goal Check

One piece of excellent news to report right off the bat. Following the last two shows, and an overall good showing from Impact since it's moved to the Thursday slot, Dixie Carter's team had a meeting with some SpikeTV executives this morning. To cut a long story short, they're cancelling a couple of shows and re-jigging their schedule around to compensate, which means that there's a two-hour slot at 8pm on Thursday that's wide open! Yeah, we jumped into it like a fox jumps into a rabbit-hole, so starting with the May 25th show, the first after Sacrifice next weekend, TNA is going primetime!

This, of course, heightens the need for us to get this "international superstar" in, and to advertise some steals from the WWE. As far as workers nearing the end of their contracts go, only one has caught my eye, but the usual contractual agreements prevent me from even whispering his name until the deal goes through, if it even does. We've held preliminary discussions with three of the men on my list, and I've tried to keep Larry's name as far away as possible where one of them is concerned, as there's still some bad blood there. Well, you're never gonna please everybody in a promotion this big, are you?

As far as making use of the E's roster cuts is concerned, we've agreed to a deal with "The Shooter" Brent Albright, and we're hoping to speak with Victoria in the next few days.

Now that we've made some headway with our short-term plans, and gotten Impact onto primetime effective after the PPV, we can concentrate on some other goals. The development federation is something I think we could really use, especially as a lot of our workers are still very green, or unpolished diamonds from the indies who don't look quite at home on television. A developmental facility would allow us to polish them up, so to speak, and hone their talents towards the TNA style, which is decidedly different to what a lot of the ex-indie guys are used to working.

As for the PPV, which Dixie wants to draw at least 0.6, all we can do now is keep up our advertising initiative and try to build a good card. Hopefully, when we factor in the replay buys, we'll have a substantial buyrate indeed, as there's due to be more than one hair-raising surprise at Sacrifice.

IPB Image

Preview for May 18th edition

Yet more World X-Cup action in store this week, with the four teams all involved in a tag team scramble match in Round 2. Whilst victories in Round 1 were worth two points, a victory in the scramble will be worth 4 points, meaning that any team could feasibly come out on top after this match. As it stands, Team USA leads with 4 points, Teams Canada and Japan have 2 apiece, and Team Mexico is yet to get off the mark, but that could all change after this week's 60-Minute Adrenaline Rush.

Also for iMPACT! this week, Rhino is planning to warm up for his bout with the King of the Mountain himself, Jeff Jarrett, with a match against his right-hand man, Scott Steiner. Whilst this will be a high-octane bout in and of itself, you can be sure that both Christian Cage and Jarrett will be keeping an eye on their Sacrifice opponents in this one.

In other action, BG James will be meeting the LAX's Homicide in singles action, and America's Most Wanted prepare for their imminent Tag Team title defence with a match against Simon Diamond's handpicked Diamonds in the Rough.

Confirmed Matches

"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

Dutt and Sabin (Team USA) vs. Los Barrio Boys (Team Mexico) vs. NOSAWA and MAZADA (Team Japan) vs. Teddy Hart/Eric Young (Team Canada) - World X-Cup Round 2

BG James vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide

America's Most Wanted vs. Diamonds in the Rough

Gotta say, The World X-Cup is looking great at the moment. Team USA look like they are gonna get the push in this although right now, you can never right of team Canada. Was actually suprised Bobby Roode lost although thats probably just because i'm a Roode mark. Team Mexico look kinda screwed. The build up between Hardy and Shelley was great - easily visible in my mind. Should be a great match. I kinda think at the moment that Jeff Hardy is gonna win...you know, people doubt you, then you pull through. Steiner/Cage, Rhino/Jarrett, great again. Holding off the inevitable rematches between Cage and Jarrett should pay off. I'll be intruiged to see if you can make anything of the womens division though (with the negotiations with Victoria)..you're gonna deffo have to sign some more female wrestlers - Jazz went on record as saying that she likes the girls on TNA but their not good wrestlers!

Will be reading and am looking forward to your next installment.

Edited by DaveKOTW

IPB Image

May 18th 2006

- Last week's bonzo gonzo X-Cup action is shown in a highlights package to start the show, with Team USA especially hyped up as per patriotism, and TAKA Michinoku given the big-time heel treatment. Short and sweet.

- Videos over, we head over to Studio 21 at Universal, and the show begins. Tenay and West discuss the X-Cup matches last week, and lay down the hard sell for Sacrifice this Sunday night, especially hamming up the three big matches on the card - Cage/Steiner, Jarret/Rhino, and Joe/Styles - as well as the conclusion of the World X-Cup tournament. No show-opening interviews today, as the Diamonds in the Rough are out for the opening bout.

- America's Most Wanted vs. Diamonds in the Rough

As AMW head to the ring, Simon Diamond instructs David Young to stay on the apron, and takes the spot in this match himself! Diamond makes a good display of leading from the front in the opening moments, easily outwrestling James Storm from the opening lock-up and working over his arm with some holds and good old-fashioned armbreakers. Storm fights back with a low blow and a backbreaker, before proceeding to boot the Hell out of Diamond, leaving him wheezing and panting in the corner, unfortunately well-placed for a splash from the Cowboy. Storm makes the tag to Chris Harris, who taunts Skipper and Young by throwing Diamond around the ring like a sack of trash. This gets Young onto the ropes, distracting the referee, and Skipper uses the opportunity to rush in with a dropkick to Harris' temple, knocking him for six. Simon makes the tag, and Skipper continues his kicking and flipping, working over Harris, who eventually counters with the double-head-clash tackle and both men are down. They make their respective tags, but Diamond is too slow off of the mark and gets caught with a Superkick for the pinfall. ***

Diamond is pulled outside by his charges as the bell rings, with Tenay and West commenting that youth and stamina got the better of him there. Harris and Storm are just heading out of the ring when two figures come flying at them from opposite sides of the crowd - it's the Naturals! Attacking in a pincer movement, the chair-wielding challengers smack AMW around a bit, before tossing them head-first into each other and making the usual promises that the titles are theirs this Sunday night. We go to a commercial.

(MQ 86%, CR 68%, OR 77%)

- BG James vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide

Back from the break and it's LAX vs. James Gang round 20ish, as BG James faces Homicide. As the two men exchange their opening punches, Tenay notes that LAX's numbers advantage has evaporated lately, and they've been on the receiving end of some beatings lately. Homicide seems to be holding his own, regardless, quickly overpowering the much older man with some quick and agile offense, before switching to his usual 'batter the crap out of you' routine when he's got the advantage. This only gets him so far, as James is able to duck a wild kick and go on the offense with his shaky punch combination and shaky knee drop, before signalling for a piledriver. As he winds Homicide up, however, a bandana-clad figure rolls into the ring and clocks him around the head with a lead pipe - and Konnan's distracting the referee! Homicide takes advantage and rolls James up for the pinfall. **

Kip James is understandably quick to race out from the back, but Konnan flattens him with his steel chain, before tossing him to the mercy of Homicide and the bandana-wearing man. Homicide drops Kip with a Cop Killa, and the other man nails a Shining Wizard on BG James, as Konnan grabs himself a mic.

Konnan: "Orale! Yo, lemme speak on dis - BG, Kip, you don't get it, hombres! This ain't 'rasslin'' no more, homes, this is street fightin' rules, man. Allow me to introduce you to mi hermano - this is "The New Age Punisher", homes, si llamo B-Boy! Yo, boys, let's quit this joint!"

Homicide, along with the bandana-wearing B-Boy, exit the ring, stalking menacingly to the back with Konnan as EMTs rush out to help the James Gang.

(MQ 77% CR 62%, OR 69%)

- Tenay informs us that last week's Shelley-Cam footage was incomplete, and Shelley has 'graciously' allowed TNA to air the rest of the footage this week, and has even waived his right to royalties. Apparently. Anyway, we're back at the Hardy homestead, where Shelley is staring Blair-Witch style into the camera, just as we left him last week.

Alex Shelley: "Y'know something? This guy makes me sick. He's a joke - look at him in there (spins camera around to illustrate his point) cooking away, while guys like me have to work tooth and nail for our pay. Ah, screw it. You know what? I can't take this guy anymore."

With that, Shelley exits the bush and heads, bold as brass, up to Hardy's kitchen window. We see his hand protruding out in front of the camera, knocking on the glass.

Alex Shelley: "Yo, Hardy! Get out here! Get out here and face me like a man, Hardy!"

Hardy heads out, understandably pissed off that TNA's most ardent voyeur has found his way into his own back yard.

Jeff Hardy: "What the (bleep) are you doing here?"

Alex Shelley: "Why haven't you been showing up like you're contracted to, Hardy? Why have you betrayed TNA? You're on the Paparazzi-Cam, you can't hide now - tell the people why you've sold them out!"

Jeff Hardy: "Put that down! Jesus Christ, I'm calling the cops. You're twisted, you know that?"

Alex Shelley: "Oh yeah?! Twist this, bitch!"

With that, Shelley cracks Hardy in the face with the Paparazzi-Cam! The camera drops to the floor, facing upwards, and we can just make out - upside-down - Shelley tackling Hardy to the floor and beating him around the face! Shelley leaves Hardy flat out on his lawn, bleeding, and picks up the Paparazzi-Cam, which has suffered a cracked lens.

Alex Shelley: "You've gotta make sacrifices for success, TNA. I guess that's why the next Pay-Per-View is called Sacrifice. Sacrifice this waste of space, and make way for the next generation."

(60)

- World X-Cup - Dutt and Sabin (Team USA) vs. Los Barrio Boys (Team Mexico) vs. NOSAWA and MAZADA (Team Japan) vs. Teddy Hart/Eric Young (Team Canada)

Next up is the World X-Cup, Round 2. This will be a one-fall match, we're informed, and scramble rules mean all four teams are in at once. So, NOSAWA starts off by kicking the crap out of Chris Sabin, whilst Teddy Hart goes after Billy Boy of Team Mexico. It's generally bonzo gonzo for a while, with Hart and NOSAWA getting the better of their opponents, but breaking off every now and then to attack each other. One such break allows Sonjay Dutt in on a hot tag, cleaning house and throwing Billy Boy over the top rope, before throwing himself over the ropes with a topé con hilo! Back in the ring, Teddy Hart tags in Eric Young, and the two men work over NOSAWA, continually tattling to the referee on MAZADA's attempts to help his partner out. Finally, Dutt and Billy Boy head back into the ring, making the tag to their respective partners, and there's more clusterfuck four-way action, with each team flying off of the top rope for some big spots but nobody able to make an uninterrupted count. Eventually, NOSAWA and MAZADA break off from the match to brawl with Teddy Hart on the outside, and Sonjay Dutt crashes down onto both of them with a top rope splash! This gives Los Barrio Boys the opening they need, hitting both Sabin and Young with stereo Missile Dropkicks, and making the pinfall! *½

The Barrio Boys celebrate as the bell rings, and the four men on the outside look very surprised indeed. Tenay and West note that, due to the double points on offer in this match, Team Mexico have gone from 0 points to 4 points, putting them neck-and-neck with Team USA for the lead!

(MQ 77%, CR 43%, OR 60%)

- There's some merchandise advertising now, featuring Samoa Joe, who implores us to buy his new T-shirt or get killed, as per the "Joe's gonna kill you" chant which is also the slogan on the shirt. Well, that's one way to market stuff. We take a commercial break.

- Back from the break, and Shane Douglas is standing by with "The War Machine" himself, Rhino. Rhino's looking pretty amped for his match, which is up next, and stares intently at the camera through his hair as Douglas begins the questioning.

Shane Douglas: "So, Rhino - just 72 hours away from Sacrifice, where you've got Jeff Jarrett at your mercy at last, you're facing Scott Steiner in a rematch of the incident that started this rivalry just over four weeks -"

He's cut off, however, as Rhino grabs his arm and jerks it over to himself, positioning the mic below his face.

Rhino: "The incident that started this? You've got it all wrong, Douglas. This started when Jarrett and his little playthings screwed me out of the NWA World's title, when they stole from me the prize I've spent my whole career chasing. Since then, I've been out of the picture! I've been ignored! And why? Two words, Douglas. Jeff - (bleep)in' - Jarrett. He can bring Scott Steiner, he can bring AMW, he can bring his harem, he can bring anybody he likes to Sacrifice. NOBODY BUT NOBODY will stop me from getting my revenge. The War Machine's on the warpath now, Douglas, and Jarrett's gonna surrender whether he likes it or not."

Rhino lets Douglas' arm go, and stalks off camera, presumably heading towards the ring.

(68)

- "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

Indeed, he is out to the ring moments later, where the Genetic Freak is waiting for him. The two men eschew the usual lock-up in favour of punching each other roundly about the face, an exchange which Steiner is able to win thanks to his large arms and a strategic eye-poke. He forces Rhino into the turnbuckle and lays into him with shoulder thrusts and more punches, before climbing up onto the middle rope. Tenay smells a Frankensteiner, but Rhino counters with a sitout powerbomb out of the corner. The War Machine takes advantage with some backbreakers and an impressive Oklahoma slam, before going to work on Steiner's surgically-repaired leg with a Nagata leg lock! Steiner is yelling blue murder, inching towards the ropes, but it turns out that Rhino has very little patience and releases the hold himself in favour of some more punches to the face. He tosses Steiner to the outside now, where the Genetic Freak makes a 'come here' gesture towards the ramp. Rhino heads out of the ring to join him - and here's Jeff Jarrett! Jarrett rushes out, guitar in hand, and Steiner is able to keep Earl Hebner suitably distracted for Jarrett to break the instrument over Rhino's head and roll him into the ring, where he's easy prey for a Steiner Recliner. Hebner rules him to have passed out in the hold, although he was probably knocked out beforehand, and rings the bell. *½

The dastardly duo pose in the ring, as per usual, until another figure rushes out from the back - it's Christian Cage! Tenay figured he was off shooting for a movie, and didn't expect him on the show tonight, and Steiner looks just as surprised. He quickly bails out of the ring, but Jarrett is ironically slower than him and is hit with a spear and the Unprettier! Cage dumps Jarrett to the outside, where Steiner helps him back up, and Rhino is on his feet too now. The four men stare down and exchange insults, whilst Tenay comments about the tension, and that we're going to see it explode at Sacrifice! That's the hard sell, and the show fades out.

(MQ 68%, CR 75%, OR 72%)

Overall - 68%

Ok Cool, I think i'll be the first to get to the predicitons (if someone hasn't beat me to it by the end). Really great previous show btw...

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

"Captain Charisma" Christian Cage © vs. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

I gotta feeling that although Steiner is definately the more experienced in the "big" matches, I think that Christian is gonna continue his tenure, as to keep his credibility as a Champion and Steiner will take a back seat (definately gonna see the Jarrett Vs. Christian rematch)

World X-Cup Final - Ultimate X Match

Jerry Lynn (Team USA) vs. Shocker (Team Mexico) vs. TAKA Michinoku (Team Japan) vs. Petey Williams (Team Canada)

Despite great starts from the Mexicans and The Americans, you can never right off the down right dirty tactics mixed with the talent of Team Canada. I expect nothing less :)

Grudge Match

"King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

Sure, Rhino is a War Machine but The King of the Mountain > J00 (not an opinion I share lol)

NWA World Tag Team Championship

America's Most Wanted © vs. The Naturals

AMW using the naturals as a stop gap to bigger matches with Team 3D

TNA X Division Championship - No Disqualifications

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe © vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

Joe isn't ready to lose. Styles may take a serious beating

The James Gang vs. The Latin American Exchange w/Konnan

Just got a feeling...

World X-Cup Round 3 - Ladder Scramble Match

Sonjay Dutt (Team USA) vs. Mosco de la Merced (Team Mexico) vs. Kaz Hayashi (Team Japan) vs. Teddy Hart (Team Canada)

1. Will Jeff Hardy show up at the PPV? Yes/No

2a. Will there be any debuts at the PPV? Yes/No

2b. If you answered Yes to 2a - who will the debutant be?

This is a really hard question, and i'm a little tempted to say Goldberg, so i'm gonna go with it anyway..yep..Goldberg...with a very very very slight chance it could be Lesnar :unsure:

3. I guess i'm gonna go with Team Canada! I've got a feeling are gonna win it due to some hefty interference from Scott D'Amore

good luck!

Edited by DaveKOTW

Steiner is too old and doesn't have the talent to carry the top title and even if he was to pull it off who outside of Cage can really feud with him?

Jerry Lynn (Team USA) vs. Shocker (Team Mexico) vs. TAKA Michinoku (Team Japan) vs. Petey Williams (Team Canada)

Being part of the regular team makes me think that the Canadian should take it and cement Team Canada as a real threat in TNA.

Grudge Match

"King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarret vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

After the beatings Rhino's been taking he needs a win here or he isn't going to look quite as war machine as he should or could.

Just take the titles off them and get some sort of new tag team in there.

Styles to take a complete and utter beating to the point of being KO'd by Joe. I would like to see Joe move out of the X-Division but him and Williams seem to be the only heels in there any the loss he would need to get out would make him look weak.

Without a win the newboys look weak and they need to look a threat at the moment.

Sonjay Dutt (Team USA) vs. Mosco de la Merced (Team Mexico) vs. Kaz Hayashi (Team Japan) vs. Teddy Hart (Team Canada)

I could see him as the man to hang around after the XCup despite his bad attitude and a win in this one will really let Mike and Don pimp him big style.

1. Will Jeff Hardy show up at the PPV? Yes. He has to be. He'll fight Shelley or continue there feud.

2a. Will there be any debuts at the PPV? Yes

2b. If you answered Yes to 2a - who will the debutant be? Somebody to take on Cage...maybe...Lance Storm? Oh I don't know but hell it's worth a guess.

3. Which team will be the overall winner of the World X-Cup? Canada

Grudge Match

1. Will Jeff Hardy show up at the PPV? Yes

2b. If you answered Yes to 2a - who will the debutant be? Chris Jericho

3. Which team will be the overall winner of the World X-Cup? USA

I have to be honest with you, I haven't really read any of this yet. But the chance to win this prediction contest and force you into running a successful lesbian angle complete with on air lesbianizing has me posting predictions anyway.

Seems logical enough. I doubt Steiner is someone you'd consider your ideal champion.

Shocker won't win it. I know that, so it's down to these three. Basically a random guess here.

Grudge Match

I'm looking for Jarrett to win it cheaply.

1. Will Jeff Hardy show up at the PPV? Yes

2b. If you answered Yes to 2a - who will the debutant be? Jericho

3. Which team will be the overall winner of the World X-Cup? Canada

You better hope I lose so you don't have to write an all girl orgy.

Since I got punked out in the predictions in my own diary, winning other people's prediction contests is the only way to regain my heat...

Because putting the big belt on Steiner is not something that can really be justified.

Basically a guess... like Essa said, it's pretty much a toss-up between anyone who isn't Shocker

Grudge Match

"King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

Even in diaries, where he has no real control, you don't bet against Jarrett.

Because there don't seem to be many title changes.

Joe is gonna kill him.

The LAX are actually going somewhere, the James Gang are boring

Just because he's the only one I like

1. Will Jeff Hardy show up at the PPV? Yes/No - the image of Jeff Hardy getting whacked upside the head with the Shelley-Cam is one that's stuck in my head, you must continue this angle

2a. Will there be any debuts at the PPV? Yes/No

2b. If you answered Yes to 2a - who will the debutant be?

3. Which team will be the overall winner of the World X-Cup? USA/Mexico/Japan/Canada