DOCHAPPY VS EDDIE'S WORLD ORDER

Dochappy versus Eddie's World Order

Story: An up-and-coming company in your area is looking for graphic designers to update their current logo to fit more 'modern' standards. Along with this, they're looking for a sample of the logo on a business card, and it's up to you to make that happen.

Basic Rules: Design a logo for a fictional company of and product, and design a business card for yourself as the said company's freelance graphic artist.

Restrictions: Obviously must include the name of the company on both. For the business card, include a name, address, phone + fax number, and an email address (all may be fictional)

Size: Keep logo sizes below 600x600(that would be a hi-res logo). Business card size should be 500x300

Deadline: Tuesday, April 11th

they way i see it he wants a logo for a business that creates a certain product and then a business card for yourself . I could be wrong though

Oy, this is what I get for mass-producing rules x_o

It was a typographical error, was supposed to read 'fictional company of a product'

Basically, a company which produces something wants a logo design, and then a business card. Just like Destroyer said: two seperate graphics: logo and card

Guest Astarael

i agree.. the information would have been more visually pleasing in the center of the business card..

i like your slogan by the way..

I was gonna get smoked by Dochappy no matter what, so I went for a bit of comedy. You'll have to have had watched the Simpsons to get this:

Logo

post-2308-1144449612_thumb.jpg

Buisness Card

post-2308-1144449681_thumb.jpg

Good battle Doc...

Edit: Shit...I didn't check Buisness Card Size. Is it ok if I keep it at this side Norris?

post-2308-1144449612_thumb.jpg

post-2308-1144449681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eddie's World Order

• 3 weeks later...

ALLDAWSON'S JUDGING

DOCHAPPY vs EWO:

DOCHAPPY

-------------

Pros: Very nice idea for the logo and pulled off to a high standard, lovin' it. Business card is very professional, love the outlines of the skaters and the text, the shapes, everything.

Cons: Are there any? I suppose the blue space could have been used better by either centering the text or moving the left skater over to the center/right.

EWO

-------------

Pros: The idea for the logo isn't bad.

Cons: Logo should have been to a higher standard, I dislike the use of the skull but it would look too plain without it, so maybe a modification of the skull would have been better. The logo on the card should be faded more, it makes the main text hard to read at first glance. I'm not too keen on the use of space either.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Dochappy wins this one in my books. Had he been against somebody else, EWO's might seem a bit better but next to Doc's it doesn't look very good IMO.

WILDCAT'S JUDGING

DOCHAPPY VS EDDIE'S WORLD ORDER

DOCHAPPY

PROS: Very nice logo and nice color scheme.

CONS: I would have liked the text to be centered on the card with the images on either side than having all that empty space in the middle.

EWO

PROS: hmm, not a lot to say about this one.

CONS: The logo is a good concept but lasks the execution and its hard to read what it says at first glance. The card is just way too much and the text on top of the logo would be good if the log was faded in alot more as its just too much right now or the slogan should have been smaller so the name could be moved up to where the logo is readable. Its also the wrong size but I didn't dock points for that this time.

Judgement: DOCHAPPY has a better handle on the flow of the image and it just comes across as much cleaner and less chaotic in presentation. DOCHAPPY is my vote.

MY JUDGING

DOCHAPPY

-------------

Pros: Loving the logo here, it clearly depicts not only where the business is located (though I'd imagine that the people getting these cards would know where it's at anyway :P) but what it's about. The initial card itself is awesome and, to be honest, is just nearly as perfect as it can get. Awesome work all together. Loving the motto, by the way.

Cons: As I said, the card would be perfect... but the white text on the card is so difficult to read that it drags it down pretty badly. Maybe add a light drop shadow, a faint stroke? Something to make it stand out more from that background... it's really killing my eyes to try and read it.

EDDIE'S WORLD ORDER

-------------

Pros: I hate coming off harsh and all... but I couldn't see anything all that great about this.

Cons: Logo design is very shoddy and unprofessional. From the blending of the skull over the letters... hell, the design for the logo itself just isn't all that appealing at all. The font chosen for the business card is very poor, too. If I was handed your business card, I'd cringe at it. It just... well, it looks horrible.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Dochappy's was a very unique design pulled off well; the logo is creative and the business card really does look like a business card, despite the hard-to-read text. Honestly, just fix that up and you've got something great there.

EWO's is, well... it's not very unique to begin with, and it's execution isn't all that great at all.

In the end, Dochappy gets my vote.

Dochappy defeats EWO and advances on to the west wing semifinals! Congratulations Doc, and better luck next time Eddie's World Order!