Brokeback Mountain Banned in Various Countries

DaveKOTW

I'm 50-50 on this one. As a pseudo-fag I'm not a big fan of Eternal misery of the spotless fags, as I saw it as a slap in the face. But I'm just as strongly against nearly all forms of censorship (except when it comes to kid fucking etc.) I don't think the movie did a lot to help the gay cause. In fact if I were a considering coming out of the closet and saw this film, I think I'd lock myself in the closet for good and hide behind the coats. So at the end of the day I could hardly care less, either they will be spared the pain of seeing what is basically an anti-gay movie which is a good thing, or they can see it which would probably work better in those countries anyway, as the basic moral seems to be become a fag and live miserably for the rest of your life due to an unaccepting public, something that one would imagine may have deep resonance in a country that is considering banning the film.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously. The Bahamas are like 50 miles from Florida. All someone needs to do is get some money together and get the movie on DVD shipped over to the islands. It's relatively easy if you can afford to do it. Or better yet, download it off the internet.

As for China, well, they're fucked anyway.