Extreme Championship Wrestling 2006

King.

ECW.com Presents: ECW Wrestling

September 23rd 2006

Extreme… Championship… Wreeeeestling!

The ECW theme hits and the opening video of ECW.com action plays through. We then cut to the Davis Arena.

THIS! Is Extreme…

Joey Styles: “Hello everyone and welcome to the Davis Arena. I’m Joey Styles the VOICE of Extreme Championship Wrestling! To my side is the always vocal, and lovable, Joel Gertner!"

Joel Gertner: “Thank you Joey, your mother sends her best. Is it just me or was that the longest week of your life? I don’t know. In any event, welcome to ECW!"

Joey Styles: “What a huge main event we have scheduled for tonight, Chris Jericho teaming up with Sabu to take on Rob Van Dam and Taz! This will be Taz's first match back in Extreme Championship Wrestling, but I'm sure it won't be his last!"

Joel Gertner: "Of course it won't be his last. He's scheduled to fight Jericho at Hardcore Resurrection. God Joey, don’t start half ass’ing things.”

The theme music of Danny Doring and Roadkill begins to play. The fans welcome the tag team as they make their way out from the back and slap hands on their way to the ring.

Joey Styles: “I’m not half ass’ing anything. You know what I meant. Promotion Joel, promotion. These two will have no easy task however, as their opponents tonight are Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri. This tag team feud has been boiling over these last few weeks, and with the recent addition of Cyrus The Virus as Whipwreck and Tajiri’s manager, who knows where this one is headed!”

The Time Warp begins to play, and the ECW fans give a mixed reaction to the music. Cyrus walks out first smiling ear to ear. He signals behind himself as Whipwreck and Tajiri walk out. The trio make their way to the ring, with Tajiri eagerly sliding in to the ring.

Joey Styles: “I can not STAND that man!”

Joel Gertner: “Who, Tajiri?”

Joey Styles: “No Cy-“

Joel Gertner: “He’s not so bad once you learn to get past his accent. The man plays a mean game of Parcheesi. I love this theme music!”

Danny Doring and Roadkill vs. Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri w/Cyrus

• This was a good opening bout and it without a doubt got the fans pumped for the rest of the event.
  • Cyrus played a key role at ringside, jumping up on the apron and providing distraction every time Doring or Roadkill got the advantage over one of his men.
  • In a nice comedic spot, Roadkill turned his back to Cyrus, acting as if he didn't notice Cyrus on the apron. Roadkill then turned suddenly and grabbed Cyrus by the throat. and pulled him in to the ring up and over the top rope.
  • Cyrus went to run away, but Roadkill had him by his belt, making him run furiously in place. Cyrus turned, thinking he had gotten away, only to see Roadkill right in his face.
  • As Roadkill went to clothesline Cyrus, Tajiri came out of no where with a dropkick to the back of Roadkill. This allowed Cyrus to get away.
  • Roadkill turned, and was met head on with a red mist directly to the eyes! Roadkill dropped to the mat, seemingly knocked out. Motionless. Tajiri smiled an evil grin in the ring.
  • Doring flew in to check on his partner, only to be attacked from behind by Whipwreck and hit with the Whippersnapper.
  • Whipwreck went for the pin. One. Two. Three.

Joey Styles: “What the hell was in that red mist?! Can we get help out here for Roadkill!”

Joel Gertner: “Just when it looked like Cyrus was going to get his, Tajiri coming out of no where to send Doring and Roadkill packing! Team work Joey. Team work. Learn the phrase. Maybe then I wouldn’t have to do all the work around here!”

Joey Styles: “Who the hell gave him a mic!”

Cyrus stands in the ring with Tajiri and Whipwreck behind him. He holds a microphone. In the background, Doring has rolled out of the ring holding his neck, and is standing off to the side of Roadkill being checked on by paramedics.

Cyrus: “If I could have your attention please!”

The fans begins to boo.

Cyrus: “It is with honor, and respect that I announce to the world the NEW Number One Contenders to the ECW Tag Team Championships! They are, Michael W. Whipwreck and Yoshihiro Tajiri!”

The fans boo louder.

Joey Styles: “Number one contenders!? We don’t even have new tag champs yet!”

Cyrus: “Now Joey Styles I’m sure you’re going on about there not even being tag team champions of the NEW ECW, so I’ll clear the air. What Paul Heyman regretted to announce to the world is that the masterminds, the REAL people who are running the show around here, those suits up north, they’ve been pressuring Heyman for the last few weeks about bringing back the ECW Tag Team Championships. Heyman, has, for one reason or another, put it aside. Well, as World Wrestling Entertainment’s OFFICIAL representative, I am PLEASED to announce the RETURN of the ECW Tag Team Titles!”

The fans give a mixed reaction.

Cyrus: “At Hardcore Resurrection it will be Danny Doring and Roadkill taking on-“

“THIS IS EXTREME!” A revamped version of the ECW theme hits, and the fans cheer wildly. The boss, Paul Heyman comes stomping out from the backstage area to an eruptive response from the crowd.

Cyrus: “Ladies and gentlemen, Paul Heyman!”

Joey Styles: “I don’t think Paul appreciates Cyrus’ new title of WWE Representative!”

Heyman grabs a microphone from ringside and enters the ring.

Paul Heyman: “Hello Don. How are ya? Since we’re big on clearing the air tonight… Allow MYSELF to clear the air about.. the current tag team scene. You see I have every intent in bringing back the ECW WORLD Tag Team Championships, but if you look around the ranks of ECW currently, we’re admittedly a little light on tag team talent. I mean sure, we’ve got Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri! Hell of a team no doubt! We’ve got Doring and Roadkill. The Impact Players, sometimes. Little Guido and Vito, the FBI. But if you look at these teams Don, in my opinion, which I’m sure you’ll share. They’re too… ECW! Now, now, that’s not a bad thing! By any means! But when I think of the ECW WORLD Tag Team Championships, I think… Mexico! I think Canada! I think Japan! So that’s why following Hardcore Resurrection, I’m bringing in some of the best tag teams from around the world to compete in a tournament to be crowned ECW WORLD Tag Team Champions!”

The fans cheer.

Joey Styles: “ECW GOING GLOBAL!”

Joel Gertner: “Does this mean the Bushwhackers are coming to ECW? I mean, we HAVE to have Australian representation!”

Paul Heyman: “So Don, your team ARE the number one contenders… Only, I guess you can say they’ll be defending that title post Hardcore Resurrection. Thank you Don. Cyrus. Jackyl. I love your technique. You’ve got a hell of a way with words. But please take your WWE ass kissing self out of my ring, and take your men with you!”

Cyrus is taken back. He motions for Tajiri and Whipwreck to follow him as he leaves the ring. The fans cheering their departure.

Paul Heyman: “Now… on to closer news at hand! It’s time for me to do what’s I’m best at and that’s promote! Because of what transpired in this ring before I came out, Danny Doring and Roadkill will take on Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri at Hardcore Resurrection, in a uh… Hm.. Fuck it, we’re owned by WWE, TLC match!”

The fans cheer.

Paul Heyman: “Al Snow will take on Steve Corino!"

Joel Gertner: “Steve Corino gets Head at Hardcore Resurrection!”

Joey Styles: “Colorful wording.”

Paul Heyman: “He’s annoying. He’s talented. He’s Positively Hardcore! Chris Kanyon will go one on one with The Innovator of Violence, Tommy Dreamer!”

The fans cheer.

Paul Heyman: “He refused to fight last week. I’m making him fight tonight. You bet your ass he’s fighting at Hardcore Resurrection! Chris Jericho one on one with Taz, in a submission match!”

Joey Styles: “Woah!”

The fans erupt.

Paul Heyman: “And in the main event. ECW World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam will take on Sabu in an ECW Grudge match. The match to END it all. The better man will FINALLY be chosen as the ECW Heavyweight Championship is decided! Thank you! I love you all! Vince, I’d like to publicly thank you for paying the bills. Let’s get on with the show! Maestro, cue the music!”

The Full Blooded Italian’s theme music hits and the crowd begins to boo. Big Vito with Little Guido at his side makes his way out. Guido waves an Italian flag proudly in the air. They make their way towards the ring.

Joey Styles: “Some huge matches announced for Hardcore Resurrection. Remember folks, the ONLY place to see Hardcore Resurrection is right here on ECW.com!”

Joel Gertner: “What a main event!”

Joey Styles: “Rob Van Dam and Sabu are certain to rip this building apart!”

Joel Gertner: “Rob Van Dam… Sabu? Clearly you weren’t listening Joey Styles. The main event is Steve Corino vs. Al Snow!”

The theme music of New Jack hits and the crowd goes wild. His theme music continues to play as he storms the ring with a trash can filled with various weapons.

New Jack vs. Vito

• It doesn't take long for the hardcore brawl to ensue, with New Jack using duel trash can lids to bring Vito to the ground.
  • He goes back in to his toy chest to pull out a broken hockey stick. Vito stands, and receives the hockey stick to the ribs, followed by his back.
  • New Jack takes a minute to dance to his theme music which continue to play. He winds up, bringing the crowd in with him, and delivers a blow to the forehead of Vito.
  • Guido is in the ring, latched on to the back of New Jack. Jack flips him over, sending him crashing on top of the metal trash bin and it's contents. Guido rolls in pain out of the ring.
  • Jack goes back in to the bin, and searches. He's found it. The fans erupt. Staple gun!
  • Vito rises to one knee. Here it comes! Staple to the forehead! The fans erupt.
  • Vito is busted open, bleeding all over the ECW canvas. Jack brings him to his feet, and hits a double arm DDT on to the already crushed garbage can. The fans cheer.
  • Whether they cheer for New Jack, or the fact that he did an actual wrestling move, is debatable.
  • Here's the cover. One, two, three!

Joel Gertner: “Can we cut the music now, please?!”

Joey Styles: “New Jack with the victory over Vito, and we need help out here!”

Joel Gertner: “Look at that blood! I haven’t seen that much blood since my time spent at Penn State!”

Joey Styles: “Do I want to know?”

Joel Gertner: “Those sorority girls!”

Joel Styles: “OKAY! ENOUGH! Are you sure you don’t mean State Penn? Jeeze. I think that one may have gotten us thrown off the air.”

Joel Gertner: “Off the air? This is ECW.com Joey, learn to love it. Watch this! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Dickhead. Dickhead. Asshole! I don’t hear any censoring, do you?”

Joey Styles: “You’re a sick man.”

Joel Gertner: “Folks it is my duty to inform you all that Joey Styles is blushing. Shit. Asshole. Fuck.”

Joey Styles: “Next up we have- You know you sound like you have turrets!”

Joel Gertner: “Thank you.”

Joey Styles: “Ladies and gentlemen it's time for our main event!"

The theme music of Sabu hits and the crowd boos heavily. The lights in the arena go out, and when they come back on Sabu stands in the ring, pointing to the heavens. He removes his headpiece, and warms up in the ring.

Joey Styles: “The Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal Sabu!”

Joel Gertner: “Yes… That’s who’s in the ring Joey. Nice observation.”

Joey Styles: “I hate you.”

Joel Gertner: “The order of that nickname changes every time by the way. You need to learn an order, and stick to it.”

Chris Jericho’s WWE theme music hits, and the crowd gives a mixed reaction for the superstar. He emerges from the back looking less than enthusiastic about being there. He quickly pulls his arm away as a fan tries to touch him. Jericho talks trash to the fans as he enters the ring.

Joey Styles: “We didn’t even get his signature entrance!”

Joel Gertner: “That’d cost extra.”

Taz’s theme music hits, and the crowd erupts. Taz emerges from the back with a black towel draped over his head. He marches down the aisle way, and enters the ring.

Joel Gertner: “He’s lucky he’s wrestling. I’d own him on commentating!”

Joey Styles: “Did you really just say, “own” ?

Rob Van Dam’s theme music hits and the crowd erupts once again. The ECW Heavyweight Champion emerges from the back with the ECW title over his shoulder. He points to himself as the fans chant his initials, and slides in to the ring.

Sabu and Chris Jericho versus Tazz and Rob Van Dam

• Paul Heyman is a mastermind. This match did nothing but make people want to see Hardcore Resurrection. The match itself lasted twenty seven minutes
  • Both teams got the same amount of offense, and the match played heavily in to false finishes, and near falls. The crowd was on the edge of their seat the entire time.
  • Jericho played up his, better than ECW persona for the entire contest. Arguing with Sabu and the referee when it came time for him to wrestle.
  • Jericho might've even debut'd a new gimmick, where he got a cell phone out from underneath the ring apron, and apparently called his lawyers regarding the legality of him competing.
  • Taz showed that although it's been a while since he's wrestled, he could still go if need be. However, he was a shell of his former intense self, working a slower, more tactical root. The intensity was still there however.
  • Sabu and Rob Van Dam brought weapons in to the equation, breaking out in to the signature ECW spot of steel chair sword fighting. With neither man getting the advantage, or mark.
  • The ending of the match saw Chris Kanyon appear out of no where and nail Rob Van Dam with a steel chair. The self proclaimed "Positively Hardcore" Superstar proceeded to air Sabu and Jericho in taking out Tazz.
  • No real victory was rewarded, as Jericho, Sabu, and Kanyon continued to celebrate in the ring, as the event came to a close.

Joey Styles: "We've been screwed!"

Joel Gertner: "I'm starting to dig Kanyon."

Joey Styles: "Chris Kanyon has screwed us all!"

Joel Gertner: "But never the females."

Joey Styles: "Folks tune in to Hardcore Resurrection, this Saturday on ECW.com! Goodnight everyone!"

We fade to the ECW logo, and then to a promo for Hardcore Resurrection.

------

(Y) I'm back. Trying to get back in to the swing of things with this diary. Please let me know what you guys thought!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

New Jack Released - September 24th 2006

World Wrestling Entertainment would like to announce that they have severed all ties with ECW performer New Jack. We wish New Jack the best, and all the luck for the future.

-----

"This is bullshit Johnny!"

Heyman slammed the telephone down. He'd just gotten it confirmed by Johnny Ace that New Jack had in fact been released from his contract. Some how, McMahon found a way, a loophole, to fire New Jack without Paul Heyman being aware of it. This was going to require some serious re-wiring by Paul Heyman. New Jack was to soon be billed as too extreme for ECW.com, and be the main superstar focused on when it came time for ECW to secure a television deal.

This was something Vince McMahon hated. Probably one of the top three descisions by Heyman that Vince McMahon hated the most. Heyman had yessed McMahon to death however, saying that he'd instead focus all of the attention on Sabu and Rob Van Dam, something Heyman had no problem doing. Secretly though, Heyman thought that Rob Van Dam and Sabu had become too commercialized, and the hardcore, edgier image of New Jack was what Heyman wanted to express.

He had told Vince McMahon that New Jack wouldn't be the main focus. He had lied. Somehow McMahon found out, and focused instead on getting New Jack fired.

Gasp! Not New Jack! Anyone but New Jack! Who will stiff all those who deserve it now :(

The matches were all pretty good with some great chemistry between everyone. Particularly enjoyed the main event with the dueling sword chairs. I think the commentary was really what made the show though. I can see Tajiri playing Parcheesi :)

Looking forward to the pay per view and who you bring in for the WORLD Tag Team Title match

ECW.com Presents: The Hardcore Resurrection Fan Prediction Contest!

IPB Image

Danny Doring and Roadkill versus Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri - TLC Match

Steve Corino versus Al Snow

Chris Kanyon versus Tommy Dreamer

Taz vs. Chris Jericho - Submission Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu - ECW Grudge Match - ECW Heavyweight Championship

BONUS:

1) Who, if anyone, will debut at Hardcore Resurrection?

2) How many matches will have outside interference?

3) Will Paul Heyman make an appearance?

4) Will a Non-ECW Superstar, i.e. Vince McMahon, appear at Hardcore Resurrection? If so, who?

5) There is one match on the card that will not be announced. Who are the participants? (A point for naming only one. Two points for naming both)

The PRIZE:

Winner gets to book in what fashion CM Punk returns to television. What he does, and when.

*Please Note: I'm yet to decide if there'll be a runner up prize. If there is, it may be unannounced, and I may just PM you with the details. So vote, vote, vote!

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

ECW.com Presents: The Hardcore Resurrection Fan Prediction Contest!

IPB Image

BONUS:

4) Will a Non-ECW Superstar, i.e. Vince McMahon, appear at Hardcore Resurrection? If so, who?

5) There is one match on the card that will not be announced. Who are the participants? (A point for naming only one. Two points for naming both)

The PRIZE:

Winner gets to book in what fashion CM Punk returns to television. What he does, and when.

*Please Note: I'm yet to decide if there'll be a runner up prize. If there is, it may be unannounced, and I may just PM you with the details. So vote, vote, vote!

Edited by Jaze

Whipwreck and Tajiri win via interference thanks to the newest stable-mate aquired by Cyrus

Corino, the King of Old School will take Snow to the learning tree, leading to a Corino push.

Kanyon will somehow get the upper hand and win with a huge spot, but only after Dreamer utterly destroys Kanyon through most of the match

Taz taps out to the Walls Of Jericho sending him into a major depression about whehter ot not he should have returned in the first place. After the match though, or at a later date he chokes Y2J out with the Tazmission

Clean-cut match with maybe a failed interference somewhere in the middle by Kanyon. RVD wins after some sort of Frog styled splash of great proportions.

BONUS:

I'll take a stab in the dark and say Masato Tanaka makes his debut to screw Doring and Roadkill

two - TLC and the Grudge match

Of course

Eric F'n Bischoff

Balls Mahoney vs. Justin Credible :huh:

man it's great to see this back, it was my favourite diary for awhile and i'm sure it will be again, two words Joel Gertner the best thing in this diary you have the man down really well, I also dig Kanyon, hell i dig most of the stuff you have been doing/done keep up the good work, i'll be reading for sure

Cyrus rules and so does the Unholy Alliance

Via Fairplay

Whose betta than Kanyon? Not Dreamer >_>

No real reason for this just don't see Taz losing

can't see RVD losing the belt so early

BONUS:

Nobody

All

no

Austin, no idea

Sandman v Paul Burchill

BONUS:

1) Who, if anyone, will debut at Hardcore Resurrection?: Tyson Tomko.

2) How many matches will have outside interference?: Three.

3) Will Paul Heyman make an appearance?: Yes.

4) Will a Non-ECW Superstar, i.e. Vince McMahon, appear at Hardcore Resurrection? If so, who? No.

5) There is one match on the card that will not be announced. Who are the participants? (A point for naming only one. Two points for naming both): Sandman/Tomko (Hey, it gives Sandman something to do...)

• 10 months later...