Criss Angel, Mindfreak

Guest Chozen

ALL magic is a combination of slight of hand, mirrors, distraction, and other tricks. So every bit of it is fake.

Gotta say that Criss Angel is damn good, though. Until he came along, I thought David Copperfield was the best magician but Angel does some stuff that makes Copperfield look like an amateur.

Btw, did anyone catch that Penn and Teller special where they made the submarine disappear? It was severely disappointing, because when they were explaining the setup for the trick prior to doing it, I'd already figured out how they were going to do it. And I was right.

(Had two heavy transport helicopters lift it out of the water and fly it away while the bubble curtain was up)

Of course it's fake. All magic is fake. We as a society have progressed past jumping back in fright at a card trick, then burning the magician at the stake. Magic's now a novelty, something where you see something, but you don't know how it's done. The physical equivalent of a murder mystery, the fun is trying to figure out how they did it. With all good magicians, it should be nearly impossible.

I've seen some of his series on Channel 4. It may be fake, but some of it is pretty impressive, like the suspension from the helicopter. He seems to be in a band, I was wondering if he was the Society One lead singer, if so, then he did a performance at Download whilst suspended by meathooks and shiz.

I've seen some of his series on Channel 4. It may be fake, but some of it is pretty impressive, like the suspension from the helicopter. He seems to be in a band, I was wondering if he was the Society One lead singer, if so, then he did a performance at Download whilst suspended by meathooks and shiz.

Nah, that's Matt Zane, he's a director or something

ALL magic is a combination of slight of hand, mirrors, distraction, and other tricks. So every bit of it is fake.

Gotta say that Criss Angel is damn good, though. Until he came along, I thought David Copperfield was the best magician but Angel does some stuff that makes Copperfield look like an amateur.

Btw, did anyone catch that Penn and Teller special where they made the submarine disappear? It was severely disappointing, because when they were explaining the setup for the trick prior to doing it, I'd already figured out how they were going to do it. And I was right.

(Had two heavy transport helicopters lift it out of the water and fly it away while the bubble curtain was up)

That's what Penn & Teller do though, they let the crowd in on the secret all the time. Penn, and especially Teller are amazing magicians with a hell of a stage show.

And yes, all magic is fake, but a lot of Angel's stunts (the helicopter suspension), are real.

That's what Penn & Teller do though, they let the crowd in on the secret all the time. Penn, and especially Teller are amazing magicians with a hell of a stage show.

GOB Bluth > Criss Angel.

"Where once there is yacht, now there is not!"

And of course Criss Angel's tricks aren't real. They are magic tricks, so they are nothing but amazing slight of hand/mirrors/distraction etc. He is a great magician, but I think that believing that he can actually levitate is dumb.