ECW on SciFi

I'm feeling for a little ECW tonight, erm this morning and since I've barely looked upon this Diary I figured now is a good time as ever since I can't get any sleep anyway. And since I agree whole heartedly that if you read a diary you should give feedback on everything you read, allow me to do so...

The Post Show Backstory//One Night Stand Thingymagigger

The first part of the backstory refreshed my mind as to where we were at the start of all this, and I liked most of your changes to the ECW VS. WWE show. I can see JBL handily beating Tracey Smothers and getting a job in the land of Extreme. I dunno but something about JBL - the anti ECW being an active part of it has me very interested.

I'm liking the paragraph style very much, I remember glimpsing through here before and some people gave you shit on all the Heyman names. I happened to like it alot, its a writing style you don't often see here in the Dome.

The whole situation with Guido and the Cruiserweight title gives some intrigue. Please do let this be the new version of the Television title and finally do what the 'E' hasn't ever been able to do - have a successful and entertaining Cruiserweight division.

JBL and Smothers sounded like the slug fest we'd imagine from all the internet buzz last year, the outcome expected but good nonetheless.

Bahaha, I agree with the Userbars, heel Michael Cole fucking OWNS~!

I didn't like Angle in ECW in real life, I'd rather he stayed on Smackdown, but hopefully somehow you can win me over with him. I don't like his 'Wrestling Machine' gimmick running straight through former Champions, so hopefully you do it differently in that regard.

Great way to include the Odd Couple and Sandman on the show, I enjoyed the caining segment very much. Did they have the titles with them? Hopefully you do bring back the straps

Nitro and Melina in ECW is all sorts of Awesomeness, and you actually included FRANCINE! I'm in love with this diary already.

I'm going to have to say that I too thought the belt shot to end the match was a bit of a disappointment, but after waging war for a long period of time I could see it as a legit match ending.

The WWE must have really beefed up the secuirity team by the truck loads, after that ending there would have surely been a riot. I respect that you went in a different route however, I'm interested in seeing how you establish the brand with a title.

Reading some of the comments you got made me laugh a bit

I know the new ECW will be going in a new direction and will not be the same ECW, but it definitely will not be WWE. Which is what you are writing.

Hmm.. if they'd only knew

ECW ON SCI-FI I

First thing I noticed was the Joey chants, is ECW being scheduled in only ECW sized arenas because I remember the fans just being so horrible and WWE on the first show, then again you may have wrote this before that even happened so I should probably shut up.

Your JBL was spot on, and I like that you didn't have RVD just accept the title. The ECW faithful would shit on JBL challenging but I'd like to see where this goes.

Good choice with Doring and Roadkill going over, I see now that they don't have the straps. Possible future champs? hmm..

This Tazz and Michael Cole feud has me busting a gut, trying to take Michael Cole serioulsy as a bad ass is just so damn gut wrenching.

I was just about to say what was up with WWE not trying to get back the CW Title, then you wrote Helms back in, good job leaving no strings. Psicosis wins, but Heyman said Nunzio couldn't c ome over cause the draft picks were used. Psicosis was a WWE guy the last time I checked, right? Umm.. yeah I see where you said former ECW man, so I take it he's fighting for WWE, gotcha

Thank you for actually giving Angle a reason to be in ECW, WWE just was basically like yeah forget about the fact he was a crusader, he got drafted, he's happy, like it.

Loved the rematch, especially with Dreamer picking up the win. Glad you aren't making the real ECW guys look like complete jobbers.

I give this show (Y) (Y)

ECW ON SCI-FI II

The dialogue for Shelley (I'm assuming) was great, I'd never got into your stuff before LaFunk, but you are indeed a great writer.

The language is vintage ECW and I like it don't get me wrong, but I don't think Sci Fi would allow it. Still I did enjoy that segment, and I am loving what you're doing with Doring and Roadkill.

I have no crap to give you about feeding Swinger to Angle, good choice.

Where was Francine? Haha, gotta love Nitro putting the boots to Kelly, and Melina doing Francine's schtick is the shit.

A Giant beet? :laugh: Michael Cole fucking kills me! Snitsky and Cole? Did the foot lover get drafted to Smackdown? No wait, he wouldn't need to as they have both invaded ECW. Is it bad that I found that segment strinkingly pleasing?

The surprise of Sabu fit him well, and Sabu going over JBL was done in a way that it didn't hurt JBL and got Sabu over with a big win. Great way to book in my view

Oh and by the way this week gets another (Y) (Y)

ECW ON SCI-FI III

You are using Shelley's (yup gotta be her after the description) dialogue to build wonder for the show, very effective.

I like that after a few weeks away from ONS we already have brand exclusive storylines and feuds, and thats the way to have it.

Cole is such a fucking dick, Live if you can, survive if he lets you. I can't belive I'm enjoying a Snitsky push.

You are using Kelly alot more effectively than the 'E', not shoving her down our throats and keeping her off the pole. I liked that AXL and Balls laughed at Helms, good luck with finding a partner.

I love your booking of Francine, I've always been a mark for her and you're writing her into the show so well. The Sandman/Francine combo is a nice vintage ECW tandem

Kind of confused as to why the Bashams are suddenly reunited and on ECW.

Snow's 'problems' :laugh: Helms asking Punk if he was a 'worker' struck me as odd, but its being picky. I actually liked the way they handled Punk's debut IRL, you'll have your work cut out for you a bit in getting him over without the hype.

Doring and Roadkill winning is golden, but the light bulbs might have been a bit too extreme for the WWE.

Bah! Show!? ugh.. I can stand JBL losing, but not RVD and especially not to Show. Show isn't the RAW draft pick is he?

Show going over gets this Show a (Y) but I still enjoyed the rest of it til the last drop

Edited by Idolized

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June Recap (from the 12th)

SD! (from the 16th)

The 16/6 edition began with Jake defeating Brian Kendrick in a singles match to built up to their tag title match at the Great American Bash. Jake picked up the victory after interference from his brother, Jesse. They continue the assault after the bell, but it was broken up by the energetic Paul London, who took out both men with a suicide dive. Chavo Guerrero went to Teddy Long and demanded a match against Mark Henry, who abliged and booked it for the following week on SD!. In the upset of the night Gunner Scott and his makeshift partner, US Champion Bobby Lashley picked up the victory over Finlay and William Regal. After Lashley levelled Finlay with a big powerslam, Scott nailed the German Suplex for the 3 count and his biggest victory in the WWE to date. Mr Kennedy graced the crowd with his presence in ring before he was interrupted by the Great Khali and Daivari, who destroyed Kennedy with a chokeslam before Daivari told 'Taker he'd suffer the same fate come the Great American Bash in the Punjabi Prison match. In the main event of the night, Booker T could not back up his pre-match decree that he would defeat Batista, despite attempted interference from his court. After the match Scott and Lashley made the save, stopping any further attack.

The following week saw Batista challenge Booker T to a rematch at Bad Blood, where his court would be banned from ringside. King Booker accepted the challenge, but on the condition that he and his new boyfriends had to win the King's gauntlet. Booker took the first leg of the 3-match series, facing off against Gunner Scott, claiming that he was too tired to face Lashley or Batista. Booker easily defeated the inexperienced Scott giving his team a 1-0 advantage. However his jesters couldn't recreate this result as first Lashley defeated William Regal and Batista destroyed Finlay, forcing King Booker to face Batista at the Great American Bash. In other news, Chavo Guerrero faced the monster, Mark Henry. Before the match there was a hearty embrace between Rey Mysterio, with the classic 'I've got your back' moment. Sadly this seemingly cursed the two luchas as Rey caused Chavo to get DQed with his attempted interference - something Chavo was not best pleased about. Also on the show Paul London defeated Jesse, Mr Kennedy's match with the Great Khali went to a no contest after interference from the Undertaker and Vito asked Jillian Hall on a shopping date after she offered to help him with his 'unique style'.

This took us into the Bash. Paul London & Brian Kendrick defended their Tag Titles against Gymini following a Rocket-Launcher 450 Splash, leading to comparisons from JBL to The Rockers. Bobby Lashley & Gunner Scott again faced off against Finlay & William Regal, with Lashley picking up the fall this time following miscommunication between the two Brits. King Booker's luck finally ran out as he faced Batista one on one, and, despite interference from Sharmell, he went down to the Batista Bomb. Backstage, Rey and Chavo put their differences aside with Chavo offering to be in Rey's corner for the upcoming match. However, it would be Chavo that cost Rey his title. Rey looked to have the match wrapped up with Henry tiring trying to keep up with Rey's electric pace before referee Nick Patrick was knocked out. Whilst Rey attempted to revive Patrick, Henry took advantage and applied a Bearhug. Chavo saw his friend losing his title and sprung off the top rope with a missile dropkick. Unfortunately this sent all 380lbs of Henry crashing down on Rey, allowing Henry to climb to the second rope and channel the spirit of Vader with the springing splash and the victory. As Henry celebrated Chavo attempted to apologise to Rey, who eventually accepted it...only for Chavo to give him a low blow and a Brainbuster in the centre of the ring. Finally in the Main Event, The Undertaker beat The Great Khali in the Punjabi Prison match - a bamboo cage wrapped in barbwire. Khali dominated Taker with chops and headbutts, but the crowd was behind him and he refused to stay down. Taker defeated Khali with a flying clothesline from the top of the cage, finally downing his giant opponent.

The final Smackdown of the month began with Rey Mysterio coming out and asking the inevitable question - 'why Chavo, why?'. After an emotional promo where Rey ran through his history with Chavo and the other Guerrero's, Chavo came out to answer it. He said that Rey was living off the legacy of his uncle and that he didn't deserve to ride his coattails. He said that Rey had used Eddie's legacy to get to the top, but Chavo was going to do it properly and honour Eddie by winning the WWE title through his own hard work. He challenged Rey to fight him, but Rey refused to hit him. Chavo tried to gode Rey into hitting him, insulting him and his family, but he still refused until Chavo walked out. Backstage, Mark Henry declared he was the most dominant force in Sports Entertainment and that he would fight all comers. This led to Teddy Long declaring that Henry's first opponent would be The Undertaker. However, the match didn't last long with Taker winning via DQ after interference yet again from the Great Khali. The Phenom was clearly tired of all of Khali's antics and told him that they would end things once and for all at Summerslam...with a Casket match. Also on the show Ken Kennedy beat Scotty 2 Hotty, Brian Kendrick defeated Joey Mercury & Batista beat Finlay and William Regal in a handicap match. On a lighter note, highlights of Vito and Jillian Hall's shopping trip were shown and a hype video for The Boogeyman's return was aired.

I was going to do a Raw recap but I autobooked the shows and since no one cares I'm not making something up until Summerslam.

Edited by lafunky xxvii

Good thing you bumped this, so I finally get to reply to your show (Y)

Thoughts on ECW on SciFi (Show Three)

What I DID Like: THE MIKE DADDY~! That's actually a pretty cool name for heel Michael Cole (who I absolutely LOVE). Steve Richards promo was a good way to kick off things, and I'm digging how you're booking Gene Snitsky as a credible monster, rather then some freak who likes feet. Cole's little bit afterwards about seeing some replays made it that much better. Great opening.

For some reason, I've always liked those segments where one segment segues into. I hope Helms is successful at searching for a partner tonight, and pervert Johnny Nitro=RATINGZ~!. Melina is such a bitch though...

I liked the re-introduction of Francine. I've always been one of her biggest fans (I think you can think of two reasons why...), but it's built towards a sensible storyline not only between her and Melina, but The Sandman (another one of my personal ECW favorites) and Johnny Nitro. Very well booked.

Helms considering using the mop as his tag team partner for a second made me laugh a bit. A weird, yet intriguing way to introduce CM Punk to ECW.

The four-way tag team match served it's purpose, and was (for the most part, see below) well booked. I feared that the F.B.I were going to do the job here, but instead Punk did it. It's very realistic, as more then liking a debuting kid like him that wasn't going to get the tag titles in his first appearance should do the job.

Didn't expect The Big Show to be JBL's choice of opponent for Rob Van Dam, but it worked out. Show, in this role, is very believable, and I'm continuing to like the RVD/JBL feud. Now here's hoping that JBL wins the ECW title :shifty:

What I DIDN'T Like: Angle/Basham was too short for my liking. Here, you had a perfect oppurtunity to give Angle a pretty decent match, and blew it with a squash. I know Angle is suppose to be intense, and the "extreme wrestling machine", but I feel that Basham could have been suitable competition for him, and instead it was nothing but Angle treating him like his bitch. And, he didn't even do as much as work the ankle of Basham, yet he tapped in mere seconds. Wassupwitdat?

Speaking of wassupwitdat, I'm fearing that you're turning Helms more into his Hurricane character without realizing it. Bathroom humor is also SO 1999. Hopefully you catch this before it goes too far.

I felt Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk were out of their place in the four-way tag match. I understand it was just really setting up the run-in from Edge, Mick Foley & Lita, but that could have been in another segment. Good build towards their feud, of course, but I feel like a team that would have been more believable as potential tag team champions would have fit better in the match.

I also felt that the powerbomb through the glass/flaming tables bit was too much. A powerbomb through the windshield of the car would have been an acceptable way to have Funk out for a bit. Did you want to kill the man?

Overall Opinion: My favorite show thus far, with only a few minor things that I didn't like. Hopefully Angle doesn't just squash people forever, and gets into something a bit more competitive soon. I really like the JBL/RVD and the Dreamer & Funk/Foley & Edge. Sandman/Nitro has potential, and like Idolized stated, I liked CM Punk's debut in ECW IRL, and agree that you have a lot of work cut out as far as getting him over (if your plans are to indeed push him). Overall, good show, and can't wait to see that JBL/RVD ECW World title match next week, as well as the rest of the fall-out from this show.

Thumbs up (Y)

• 11 months later...