Extreme Championship Wrestling

Paul E. Heyman was the mastermind of ECW from when it became Extreme Championship Wrestling to when it folded. The one criticism of the man was that he never had the financial backing. He could not handle the checkbook but was the most brilliant booker perhaps ever.

Paul pulled one more rabbit out of his hat when he pitched the idea to Vince McMahon for an ECW Company. Not just a brand but an autonomious company which would be free of WWE. Reason being is that the fans will never buy an ECW which is watered down and it won't make the most money it can if it's being handled like a farm system company for the WWE. Vince was sucked into the making money portion of this pitch and finally gave into Paul Heyman. Telling him he would write the checks but that he would be writing with Tommy Dreamer but he had to include Dave Lagana on the writing team.

Paul Heyman agreed as long as he got his "Company" back as he saw it and it was that simple...or was it? The time had come for Paul Heyman's plan. He had plotted for years, learning the in's and out's of the WWE. Trying to find their weaknesses as he planned. He would have help though from the men that helped start ECW as well as men whom wanted a real opportunity to shine without being held down by the WWE front office because they might've been too small or better than their top wrestlers in the company.

Heyman had enlisted the help of a number of men whom over the past few months to a year had let their contracts run out or had "Retired supposedly"

Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Tajiri, Lance Storm and Al Snow

The New Breed as they would come to be known as were: Brian Kendrick(Spanky), Paul London, Matt Hardy and Sean O'Haire

The Old Guard which would encompass guys like: Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera, Psicosis and Steve Corino

These three groups and more will clash as ECW begins their path to try and become self-sufficient first and then....to overtake the WWE like Heyman always planned!

Edited by Kapalua2483

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECW Roster

Main Eventers

Chris Jericho (Traitor)

Kurt Angle (Pro-WWE)

Rey Mysterio (Old Guard)

Rob Van Dam (Old Guard, ECW Heavyweight Champion)

Mick Foley (Old Guard, Pro-WWE)

Upper Midcarders

Chris Benoit (Traitor)

D'Lo Brown

Juventud Guerrera (Old Guard)

????? (Old Guard)

Steve Corino (Old Guard)

Tajiri (Old Guard)

Lance Storm (Traitor)

Midcarders

Al Snow (Traitor)

Chavo Guerrero

Gregory Helms

Joey Mercury

Johnny Nitro

Matt Hardy (New Breed)

Mikey Whipwreck (Old Guard)

Paul Birchill

Sabu (Old Guard)

Sean O'Haire (New Breed)

Snitsky (Traitor)

Steven Richards

Vampiro

Lower Midcarders

B-Boy

Brian Kendrick (Spanky)(New Breed)

Brian Danielson (New Breed)

Chris Hero

CM Punk

Colt Cabana

Danny Doring

Frankie Kazarian

Jamie Noble

Jimmy Yang

Kid Kash

Nunzio

Paul London (New Breed)

Psicosis (Old Guard)

Roadkill

Super Crazy (Old Guard)

Super Dragon

The Messiah

The Miz

Trent Acid

Val Venis

Vito

Openers/Others

Kevin Steen

Sexxxy Eddy

Tony Mamaluke

Puma

ECW Heavyweight Champion: Rob Van Dam

ECW Television Champion: Vacant

ECW Tag Team Titles: Suspended

ECW: ONE NIGHT STAND

One Night Stand was the re-birth of ECW in it's 2nd edition of ONS. There were five major matches that were significant to the future of both companies. They ran down like this.

Edge & Mick Foley defeated Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk when Edge hit an Edgeocution onto a steel chair wrapped in barbed wire on Funk. After the match though Foley grabbed his barbed wire 2x4 and in another swerve..Foley CLUBBED Edge over the head with it. Busting him open again (He had been busted open once already). Foley then tore off his "Cactus Jack" T-Shirt to show that he had jumped to ECW! Edge would not be able to get redemption from this attack.

Tazz vs Jerry Lawler was a waste of time and thankfully Tazz wound up making Lawler tap out to the Tazmission before the match came to an end. It was one of the hyped matches but it didn't wind up having much affect.

Kurt Angle wound up getting defeated by Randy Orton via an RKO onto a steel chair after Big Show whom had originally turned on WWE to join ECW. Was apparently lying as he gave Kurt a ShowStopper to help Orton win the match for the WWE!

Rey Mysterio and Sabu had a pretty solid contest for the World Heavyweight Championship. It was back and forth until finally Mysterio hit a Hurricarana Pin on Sabu to gain the pinfall victory but after he won the match. He threw the World Heavyweight Championship down on the outside and a tech handed him an ECW T-Shirt and apparently Mysterio has relinquished the World Heavyweight Championship and has joined ECW!

The main event was John Cena vs Rob Van Dam for the WWE Championship and it ends up being a straight up ECW Rules Match. RVD winds up avoiding an F-U after he tried for a Superstar Press (Split Legged Moonsault) and Cena got up quick enough to catch him but RVD delivered a hard knee to the head to make Cena drop him. He swept Cena's legs out from under him and lept over him, to the second rope and to the top and lept off to hit a HUGE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!! Rob Van Dam then got over and covered Cena..1...2...KICKOUT BY CENA! RVD Couldn't believe it but then he motioned to the back and Benoit came running down!? Benoit grabbed a steel chair and whacked Cena with it several times and then they propped Cena up in the corner and Benoit held it out in front of Cena's face and RVD hit a HUGE VANTERMINATOR ON CENA!!! RVD then pulled Cena out of the corner and covers him..1...2....3! RVD gains a pinfall and wins the WWE Championship but Benoit goes underneath the ring before the belt is handed to RVD and hands RVD the ECW Heavyweight Championship from under the ring!!! There is a new ECW and a new ECW Heavyweight Champion!!!!

ECW would start anew from this night and we pick things up as their first TV show starts July 1st of 2006! on Saturday night in primetime!

IPB Image

ECW Extreme TV Preview

The Main event of the first ever ECW TV Show on the Sci Fi network will be Chris Benoit challenging Rob Van Dam for the ECW Heavyweight Title. It will be a war between two men that have served time in ECW before and Benoit plans to take over as the Leader and Head of ECW by winning the Championship off the new Champ, Van Dam!

New faces will also be in ECW as Brian Kendrick will take on Jamie Noble in a one on one contest.

Kurt Angle the new defector from the WWE will be in attendance and rumor has it that he wants a fight with someone at this show and he won't leave till he gets one!

Matt Hardy, Paul London, Mick Foley, Danny Doring, Roadkill, Sabu, Rey Mysterio and more will all be in the house or in action on this first edition of Extreme TV on the Sci Fi Network! Tune in for the two hour premiere from 10 to Midnight on the Sci-Fi Network!

Featured Matches

Chris Benoit vs Rob Van Dam(ECW Heavyweight Title Match)

Brian Kendrick vs Jamie Noble

Kurt Angle vs ???

IPB Image

We get the intro video for Extreme TV on the Sci Fi Channel with alot of old ECW clips and then the big ECW logo wrapped in barbed wire and then we go to the arena where the crowd is extremely hot as the show starts with Kurt Angle's new theme hitting and the crowd gives him a mixxed reaction as they want to embrace him as one of the new faces of ECW but he is also seen as a WWE guy as well. He comes out though to a huge reaction no matter which way it is and he climbs into the ring and is set to get on the stick...boy I love when he does this!

Angle: I am here tonight for one reason and I am in ECW for one reason. Because this is the place for the most innovative, brain numbing ideas and wrestling and I wanted to be a part of it years ago and now I am taking that opportunity to do it now! I am here tonight because I am ready to put on a show for the fans of ECW. I want to beat the hell out of someone tonight and break someone's arm, leg, wrist, ankle or anything else I can lock onto and snap in two! So anyone who actually thinks they can go toe to toe with the best wrestler in the business today. Come on down now and let's fight!

Saliva's "King of My World" Kicks on and the crowd absolutely explodes as they realize who it is and they look around to see if it's true and then suddenly from up in the crowd is Chris Jericho with his back to the camera doing his signature pose!!! Jericho then spins around and comes running down the stands and through the fans, leaping over the barricade and a brawl is on as Jericho has answered Angle's challenge to a fight! Jericho and Angle go back and forth with Jericho after gaining the advantage tries for the Walls of Jericho but Angle throws him off with his leg strength and quickly jumps on Jericho and tries for an Anklelock but Jericho kicks him off and then Jericho gets the final word in this fight as he avoids a clothesline from Angle and hits his "Flashback" (Sleeper Drop) and puts Angle down and then referees come running down to break up the fight as Paul Heyman comes out from the back, seeming to be a bit annoyed.

Paul Heyman: Ya know what Jericho. I am happy your back to your roots in ECW but god damn if your going to do things the "E" way. In ECW we do it old fashioned style. ECW Rules in the ring with a referee. So later on tonight since you wanted to make a big impact here tonight. One on one will be Kurt Angle facing you Chris Jericho. One on one with Extreme Rules in play of course. Now get out of the ring so we can get on with the show!

Jericho clears out of the ring and goes back through the fans as they cheer him and slap him on the back, Angle getting up and apparently very pissed off as he screams in the direction of Jericho and heads to the back..he's gonna rip Jericho a new one later!

Overall Rating: 94%

Al Snow vs Matt Hardy

This was actually a bit of a dissappointing match as Al Snow is showing his age as Matt Hardy pretty much wrestling circles around him and won the match with a Side Effect onto a Steel Chair as of course Extreme Rules are always in effect unless stated otherwise. Hardy got the pinfall victory over Snow to a pretty good reaction from the crowd as it's a cult following and Hardy is a cult hero for what happened a little over a year ago now. Hardy though wasn't done with Snow. After the match he opened the chair up in the ring and hit a Side Effect on the opened chair on Snow which leaves him writhing in pain in the ring and Hardy has a sadistic smile on his face as we go to our first commercial with Hardy standing tall!

(Winner: Matt Hardy)

Overall Rating: 60%

Crowd Reaction: 63%

Match Quality: 72%

"American Dragon" Brian Danielson vs CM Punk vs Gregory Helms vs Kevin Steen

Four Corners Match

This match is meant to showcase some of the young talent that ECW has in it's ranks. All four of these guys can simply go. This was a pretty solid ten minute match. In ECW the good wrestlers are given time to shine. The ending became a finisher fest. CM Punk went for the Pepsi Plunge and hit it on Helms. Before he could get on Helms though, Steen grabbed him into a Package Piledriver and nailed it to lay him out but then Danielson locks in his Wakigatame Submission onto Steen and gets him to tap out in a hurry. So Danielson has won this expo of ECW talent and stands tall after the match. The crowd is a bit more flat than would be liked for this show but the wrestling has been pretty solid so far!

(Winner: "American Dragon" Brian Danielson)

Overall Rating: 62%

Crowd Reaction: 61%

Match Quality: 77%

We go backstage where the crowd gives a huge ovation which is divided between boo's and cheers as they see Mick Foley in his Cactus Jack gear backstage. Suddenly though out of nowhere Brian Kendrick, Paul London and Matt Hardy come up and begin beating the utter crap out of Foley. The three of them wind up hitting a trio Powerbomb through a table backstage on Foley and Hardy smacks Foley in the face several times and informs him that the "New Breed" of ECW has arrived and he has just been taught the lesson that all of ECW will learn, to bow to the "New Breed"

Overall Rating: 84%

Paul Birchill vs Mikey Shipwreck

Mikey was the first to come out and the crowd gave him a huge ovation as he came out from the back. One of the old faces of ECW, he is received incredibly well. Then the man he's facing is a non pirate Paul Birchill. He comes out to the ring to a fairly audible boo'ing as the crowd receives him as against Shipwreck so it makes him almost a pseudo heel. Birchill plays off of this and flips the crowd off and yells trash talk at them as he comes down to the ring which makes the crowd get even hotter against him. Birchill and Shipwreck get into the ring and the match is another very solid contest. Birchill controlled most of the match but Mikey made a comeback late in the match and nearly got the win off a Spike Tornado DDT! A Long two count from that move. Birchill though winds up getting the win as he hits his C4 (Backflip Rock Bottom) for the pinfall victory. The crowd popped big for this move and while they did pop for the move, ended up boo'ing Birchill in the end as we went to commercial break!

(Winner: Paul Birchill)

Overall Rating: 64%

Crowd Reaction: 73%

Match Quality: 71%

Doring & Roadkill vs MNM vs F.B.I (Nunzio/Mamaluke)

This match was to showcase the tag team talent on the ECW roster. Doring and Roadkill representing the Old Guard of ECW, MNM there to show the new age of ECW and the F.B.I as the wildcard in the match. It ends up being a bit of a dissappointing match from the rest of the show. With MNM hitting their Double Team DDT finisher on Tony Mamaluke to gain the pinfall over the FBI! Doring and Roadkill get pissed off though and clear house on MNM and the F.B.I and then we clear the ring as we shift backstage!

(Winners: MNM)

Overall Rating: 59%

Crowd Reaction: 64%

Match Quality: 69%

We go backstage where a bruised and battered Foley is enraged and is ready to let Hardy know what he's going to do to him!

Mick Foley: So you want to make a statement at my expense? London, Kendrick..and Hardy? You three think that your going to make your careers at my expense and think that it's that easily done. I Have gone through more wars than you could ever even imagine. I have lost hunks of my flesh, I have spilt blood and split the blood of my enemies. Now you are my enemy Matt and if you think that because three of you were able to put me through a table when I wasn't expecting it. That I will just walk away and let you get away with disrespecting me!? Well next week I will start with one of your running buddies. If you don't accept I will just beat the hell out of you and drag you to the ring mind you. So Brian Kendrick. It will be you vs the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley. Next week on Extreme TV. So I hope you don't regret what you bit off!

Overall Rating: 87%

Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle

We came back from a commercial break to "King of My World" playing throughout the small arena and the crowd giving Jericho a huge ovation as he once again enters through the crowd to a big pop. He climbs over the barricade after getting down to ringside and climbs up into the ring and plays to the fans. Then Kurt Angle's music hits and the crowd gives him a HUGE response as well. It's a split response but it was none the less gigantic. Angle comes down to the ring with a infuriated look on his face. Angle climbs into the ring and the bell sounds with Angle immediately going after Jericho and taking him down with a greco roman style takedown. He takes it to Jericho for the first couple minutes, throwing him around like a rag doll in the early going. Jericho fights back with a bit of grittiness and hard right hands that rock Angle. Jericho begins working over Angle's left knee with stomps and chop blocks so he can work towards the Walls. This match is back and forth though and the crowd gives huge pops when Angle hits his German Suplexes which are even more high impact than normal. Angle then climbs to the top rope after hitting these in the middle of the match and goes for his sky high Moonsault but Jericho instead of getting out of the way, get his knees up and then hits a bulldog on a pained Angle whom staggered around for a minute. Jericho then hits the ropes and goes for and nails a BIG Lionsault and hooks Angle's leg..1...2....kickout by Angle! The crowd is eating this match up the entire time and the wrestling is very solid as well.

The high point in the match is when Jericho slides to the outside and sets up a table between the rail and the ring apron. Then he grabs a hurt Angle and purches him on the closest top rope and climbs up to the top rope and tries to superplex Angle off the top rope to the outside through that table! Angle blocks it though and throws Jericho off face first to the mat. Angle then leaps off the top rope as Jericho gets to his feet and Jericho catches him and Angle lands on his back while Jericho has his legs and tries to turn him over into the Walls of Jericho but Angle spins him off with his legs. Angle gets up as Jericho does and Angle runs at Jericho and ducks a clothesline from him. Angle's back is right to the table between the rail and the apron. Angle flips Jericho off and Jericho runs at him and GETS BACK BODY DROPS HIM FROM THE INSIDE OF THE RING THROUGH THE TABLE TO THE OUTSIDE!!! Jericho is decimated on the outside. Angle takes a moment to get his wind and then rolls outside and pulls up a limp Jericho and gets him into the ring. He then climbs into the ring as well and stomps on the mat, ready to pull out the Angle Slam to put Jericho away though he probably could've pinned him already. Jericho manages to get to his feet and Angle goes for the Angle Slam but Jericho reverses it into an arm drag and Angle gets back up and runs at Jericho but Jericho nails an Enziguri on a running Angle which puts him to the mat and Jericho grabs his legs and tries to lock in the Walls but Angle pulls him into a Small Package but rolls through into the Ankle Lock!!! Angle quickly grapevines it and Jericho has nowhere to go and no choice but to tap out to Angle! The crowd pops huge for the finish as well as the match itself. Jericho rolls to the outside as Angle plays to the crowd after the victory. Jericho grabs a Steel Chair from ringside and slides back into the ring while Angle's back is turned. Angle turns right into a devastating Chair Shot from Jericho which completely dents in the chair where Angle's head hit. Angle wasn't able to get any reaction in before he took the chair.

Angle winds up laying flat on his back, with blood pouring out of his head and Jericho with one boot on his chest, standing over him with his arms held high, one hand holding the chair up!

(Winner: Kurt Angle)

Overall Rating: 83%

Crowd Reaction: 100%

Match Quality: 79%

Jamie Noble vs Brian Kendrick

This match was a bit down from the last one with how much the crowd was into the last match. Kendrick seemed very pre-occupied with the fact that he knows Foley is after him first and he was noticably looking around during the match to see if Foley was going to make his impact felt during his match. Which allowed Noble to lock in his "Trailer Hitch" (Modified Dragon Sleeper) which forced Kendrick to tap out and gave Noble the submission win and we went to commercial after this match!

(Winner: Jamie Noble)

Overall Rating: 58%

Crowd Reaction: 57%

Match Quality: 73%

A Video plays showing past matches between and just of Chris Benoit and Rob Van Dam. Highlighting their careers and then once it's finished we're set for the Main Event!

Overall Rating: 71%

Chris Benoit vs Rob Van Dam

(ECW Heavyweight Title Match)

This match was a better wrestling match than it was received by the crowd reaction. It was back and forth and Rob Van Dam was on fire in the ring and with the crowd being back in his environment with ECW. All his moves looked crisper with passion behind them, unlike than with WWE. But Benoit's grittiness allows him to comeback with his big suplexes. He even pulled out a big Northern Lights Suplex and a T-Bone Suplex on RVD. RVD though nearly gains the win with a Fischerman's Buster Suplex but Benoit manages to get a shoulder up just barely. RVD rolls out of the ring and grabs a Steel Chair and rolls back into the ring as Benoit is getting back up. RVD throws the chair at Benoit whom catches it and RVD tries to hit the Van-Daminator on Benoit but Benoit ducks it and throws it back into the face of RVD, flooring the Champion. Benoit then sets the chair onto RVD's chest/head area and makes his cut-throat motion and goes to the top rope. Benoit gets up there and comes off the top rope and catches all chair and no Rob Van Dam. Benoit rolls around, holding his head in Agony and RVD takes advantage by hitting the ropes and hitting a gigantic Rolling Thunder on Benoit!

RVD then sets Benoit in the corner and picks up the chair, he steps back a bit and gets a running start to drive the chair into Benoit's head with a running dropkick to the chair! RVD then pulls Benoit out of the corner and hits his Split-Legged Moonsault on Benoit and holds it for a cover..1....2...kickout by Benoit barely! RVD then sets the chair onto Benoit and leaps up to the top rope...FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH TO THE CHAIR!!! RVD bounces off Benoit and rolls a second, then he gets back onto Benoit and pins him..1...2...3! Rob Van Dam's music hits as he retains the Title. He celebrates in the ring with the ECW Title and plays to the crowd as Benoit recovers and gets back to his feet. Benoit then spins RVD around after gathering his bearings and snatches him into the Crippler Crossface and refuses to let it go. RVD Screams in agony though he won't tap out. Referees and ECW officials as well as Paul Heyman come running out to try and get Benoit to release the hold but they can't pry him off as Extreme TV comes to an end tonight!

(Winner and Still ECW Heavyweight Champion: Rob Van Dam)

Overall Rating: 74%

Crowd Reaction: 79%

Match Quality: 88%

Show Rating: 72%

IPB Image

ECW Devastation Preview

This is the secondary show for ECW. Alot of the undercard talent and midcard wrestlers will be featured on this show and it will begin tonight on this Tuesday edition of ECW Devastation! Vampiro will return to ECW and will face an ECW Newcomer in Sean O'Haire! What will occur between these two men whom have never met before in a wrestling ring?!

Super Dragon whom was previously a wrestler featured on the West Coast will make his ECW Debut up against Super Crazy which will be a crazy match indeed!

The main event will be Sabu taking on The Messiah in a pinfalls count anywhere Match that will go all over the ECW Arena and will end in tons of blood spilt! It was originally going to be Sabu vs Brian Danielson but Danielson suffered a Back injury at the end of his match during Extreme TV and will be out of action for 2 to 3 weeks!

Featured Matches

Vampiro vs Sean O'Haire

Super Dragon vs Super Crazy

Sabu vs The Messiah (Pinfalls Count Anywhere)

Guest KDP McFly

Liking a lot of what your doing with ECW especially some of the One Night Stand results but I would have rather seen Rey keep the title but go to ECW and thus involve the WWE for a little while. Some of the signings dont really fit the ECW montage such as D'Lo Brown but its great to see Jericho back and Al Snow and Lance Storm back. I'll follow this and see how things start to pan out.

(Y) Keep up the good work and I'll try to leave more feedback later on but right now I gotta go watch the actual ECW debut on Sci-Fi!

IPB Image

ECW Devastation comes on the air with a bit shorter of a video package and no pyro whatsoever just like the main ECW show but we get right into the action as this show is all about wrestling and the up and comers for ECW.

Sean O'Haire vs Vampiro

This was a very good opening match to showcase the old style vs new style of ECW. Vampiro being a veteran and very experienced in the hardcore setting while O'Haire is a young stud to the extreme realm. neither man had a huge reaction but they pulled off a solid match and the end came when O'Haire hit his "Prophecy" (Inverted Death Valley Driver) onto a Trash can to put Vampiro away for the pinfall victory!

(Winner: Sean O'Haire)

Overall Rating: 70%

Crowd Reaction: 66%

Match Quality: 74%

A Video package from the first ECW tv show on the Sci Fi network plays where it shows Kurt Angle coming out and challenging anyone to a fight and being answered by a stunning debut from Chris Jericho which the wrestling world hadn't heard from in about a year. Jericho came to the ring through the fans and brawled with Angle. Then clips were shown from their knock down, drag out match later on the show which was easily Match of the Night and had the crowd going all the way through and it hints that their issues are nowhere near over after Jericho got the upper hand on him after the match!

Overall Rating: 87%

Chris Hero vs Sexxxy Eddy vs Kid Kash

(Three Way Dance)

This was another match to showcase some of the lesser known talent. Kid Kash having been seen before on National TV but this was the first exposure for Sexxxy Eddy and Chris Hero whom are CZW Alumni. This match was not hot with the crowd but the wrestling in the ring was very solid. It was back and forth until Eddy hit the "Sexxx on the Beach" off the top rope on Hero for the pinfall victory and to gain his first win in ECW!

(Winner: Sexxxy Eddy)

Overall Rating: 65%

Crowd Reaction: 53%

Match Quality: 78%

Super Crazy vs Super Dragon

This match was actually an anticipated match for hardcore wrestling fans who know whom Super Dragon is from his West Coast and CZW work. He is a very good wrestler in the ring and plays one of the best heels that has been seen in a long time. Super Crazy and Super Dragon tore down the house for about twelve minutes in this match. The crowd would've been behind it more if they knew more about Dragon. Super Dragon gained the pinfall victory after he hit the "Curb Stomp" (Locking your opponent into a Surfboard like manuever, pulling back both his arms and placing his boot right on his head and driving it unprotected down into the mat). The crowd popped for this move and Dragon played off the entire match perfectly as we take a commercial break

(Winner: Super Dragon)

A video played as we came back from commercial showing scenes from Saturday Night with Hardy gaining his first win in ECW and then this "New Breed" attacking Foley backstage and putting him through a table. Foley's interview later in the show is shown, at least clips are of where he promises retribution and intends to come after Kendrick first!

Overall Rating: 76%

Sabu vs The Messiah

(Pinfalls Count Anywhere Match)

This was the match everyone anticipated on the show. Sabu facing off against one of the young extreme wrestlers in the United States today. Messiah making his name on the East Coast with promotions in NJ, NY as well as in Philly as CZW Heavyweight Champion. This match lived up to the billing. It was a very bloody contest. Messiah was busted open on his forehead and his mouth when Sabu gave him a vicious smashmouth which destroyed Messiah. Sabu got busted open when Messiah put Sabu's head through a pane of glass at a convienance stand in the outskirts of the arena (Popcorn Stand). The match ended when Messiah hit the "Godsmack" on Sabu through two tables at some kind of dining area backstage and gained a huge pinfall victory over the Suicidal, Homicidal and Genocidal SABU! Messiah staggers away with his arms in the air as ECW Devastation goes off the air for this Tuesday Night!

(Winner: The Messiah)

Overall Rating: 75%

Crowd Reaction: 68%

Match Quality: 82%

Show Rating: 74%

Edited by Kapalua2483

IPB Image

Tonight will be a night for Mick Foley to begin taking a bit of revenge against the so-called "New Breed" of ECW. Where Brian Kendrick will take on the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley.

Rob Van Dam will be in the house and defending his ECW Heavyweight Championship against Tajiri!

Rhino will make his in-ring re-debut for ECW when he goes up against Chris Benoit in one on one action.

Chris Jericho will also be in action against one of the old guard in ECW being Steve Corino.

The other big match will feature a four corners match between Lance Storm vs Jamie Noble vs Rey Mysterio vs Paul London. This will be a huge match to feature the high flying talent of ECW!

All this and much more tonight on ECW TV on the Sci Fi Network!

Featured Matches

Brian Kendrick vs Mick Foley

Rob Van Dam vs Tajiri (ECW Heavyweight Title Match)

Rhino vs Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho vs Steve Corino

Lance Storm vs Jamie Noble vs Rey Mysterio vs Paul London (Four Corners Match)

IPB Image

The same video promo that aired during the debut of ECW TV on Sci Fi hits though with a few new clips added in. The add-in's featuring the "New Breed's" Table attack on Foley and the Jericho/Angle match at the last show. Then we come into the arena for this show with the crowd very hot for this show tonight as it is a stacked show and sure to have a ton of action!

Mick Foley vs Brian Kendrick

This was a very tough matchup for Kendrick against the Hardcore Legend. Kendrick tried to use his speed all match to try and take the bigger and stronger Foley down. The big chance Kendrick had in the match was when he hit a Springboard Blockbuster on Foley and got a very close near-fall but Foley kicked out and it ended up that was the last offensive move that Kendrick hit. Foley finished him off soon after with a Double Arm DDT to lay out Kendrick and gain the pinfall. At this point though London comes running through the crowd and distracts Foley as Matt Hardy comes running down the aisle with a steel chair in hand. Foley though catches Hardy as if expecting the attack and takes him down with a right hand. London gets into the ring and gets the same treatment. Kendrick though chopblocks Foley and the "New Breed" again begins to take liberties on Foley. The end of this beatdown is when Kendrick and London are holding Foley on his knees and Hardy yells at Foley to beg and Foley spits at Hardy. So Hardy whom had the steel chair in hand, absolutely waffles Foley with the chair and pretty much wrapping it around his head. Foley is busted open from this shot and falls to the mat as the "New Breed" stands over him seemingly victorious.

(Winner: Mick Foley)

Overall Rating: 77%

Crowd Reaction: 79%

Match Quality: 74%

We go backstage to where we see Kurt Angle in street clothes, talking to some fans backstage and pitching the new ECW to them and hoping they'll stick with them. In this period of time Chris Jericho had snuck up on Angle and attacked! Jericho beats the hell out of Angle with right hands and kicks to the gut. He winds up finishing his attack on Angle out in the parking lot by throwing him into a windshield head first!!!! OH MY GOD!! Quickly officials and referees come running up to seperate them and quickly medics are called in to tend the bleeding Angle as Jericho grins at his handywork as we go to commercial break.

Overall Rating: 97%

Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble vs Paul London vs Lance Storm

(Four Corners Match)

This was a very high flying match from these four men. Even Noble and Storm whom are not known for their high flying manuevers came off the top for some high impact moves. The ending was a beautiful sight. Rey Mysterio hit a springboard sitdown splash on Paul London and ended up right into a Tiger-Bomb from Noble who before he could actully pin Mysterio was spun around by Lance Storm and had his teeth superkicked to the back of his throat and Storm stole the pin on Noble to win the match over these three high flying stars of ECW!

(Winner: Lance Storm)

Overall Rating: 79%

Crowd Reaction: 72%

Match Quality: 86%

Chris Benoit vs Rhino

This match was actually surprisingly a letdown. It was expected to be a very good wrestling match but both men seemed flat for this match and didn't click at all. The crowd wasn't very into the match either as the high flyers in the match before took a bit out of this match but not much as it was only an average contest. The match ended when Rhino was going for a Gore as he was waiting in a corner but out of nowhere and for no apparent reason, Sean O'Haire comes running through the crowd with a flapjack and leaps up onto the apron and clubs Rhino in the back of the head! O'Haire then drops to the floor and hits the floor on his stomach so Benoit doesn't see him. Benoit gets up and doesn't know what happened but winds up locking on the Crippler Crossface to pick up the win when Rhino is unresponsive. After the match once Benoit had left, O'Haire gets a chair from ringside and begins to hammer down on a defenseless Rhino until Benoit comes running back down to chase O'Haire off. We go to commercial break as an unconcious Rhino lays prone in the ring with Benoit staring down at O'Haire!

(Winner: Chris Benoit)

Overall Rating: 71%

Crowd Reaction: 69%

Match Quality: 73%

Chris Jericho vs Steve Corino

Jericho seemed very full of himself after his work on Angle earlier in the night and the fans let him have it as he came out. He was overconfident in this match and it showed as Corino got several near-falls in the match until Jericho put it away with a Brainbuster followed by locking in the Walls of Jericho but he's doing it more like his old school Lion-Tamer! Corino taps out quickly and Jericho celebrates his victory!

(Winner: Chris Jericho)

Crowd Reaction: 80%

Match Quality: 72%

We go backstage to where Matt Hardy is standing there with Paul London and Brian Kendrick behind him and seems to be prepared to say something...this should be good.

Matt Hardy: Mick, You think that you can hang on to what you once were and stop this New Breed from taking over, But your wrong Mick. Brian Kendrick, Paul London and myself are the future of this company. We aren't being held back anymore, So if you think that you can stop us. Then try and stop me Mick. Let's do this, Matt Hardy vs Mick Foley. One on One next week, i'll leave my guys in the back and I'll show everyone in the back, everyone in the arena and everyone watching at home that your through and I am the future along with the New Breed!

Overall Rating: 72%

Roderick Strong vs Paul Birchill vs Mikey Shipwreck

(3 Way Dance)

This match is the debut for Roderick Strong in the new ECW. He puts on a very strong performance with his variety of Backbreakers and actually winds up taking the win by hitting a Torture Rack Backbreaker to Shipwreck to gain the pinfall while Birchill was taken out on the outside of the ring.

(Winner: Roderick Strong)

Crowd Reaction: 56%

Match Quality: 75%

Rob Van Dam vs Tajiri

This was a terrific match and the crowd was into this match the most of the night. Tajiri and RVD went back and forth with high flying manuevers and stiff kicks. Tajiri won the battle of the kicks but RVD won the war. Tajiri at the end went for his Buzzsaw Kick and looked like he might take home the ECW Title! But RVD ducked it and caught Tajiri with a Fischerman's Buster as he spun back around and then ran over to a corner and lept up to the top rope...FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!! RVD rolls off and then gets back into the cover and hooks the leg..1...2....3! Rob Van Dam's music hits and he gets handed his belt and celebrates with it as the show goes off the air!

(Winner and Still ECW Heavyweight Champion: Rob Van Dam)

Overall Rating: 79%

Crowd Reaction: 65%

Match Quality: 93%

Show Rating: 77%

IPB Image

On the second edition of ECW Devastation it will showcase some more ECW talent that hasn't gotten to come in since the re-debut. Stevie Richards will have his first match back in ECW when he takes on Gregory Helms!

Paul Birchill will take on Trent Acid.

There will also be fourway action between Frankie Kazarian vs Colt Cabana vs Psisosis vs Jimmy Yang in fourway high flyers action.

The main event of Devastation will be the returning Sandman going one on one with Snitsky.

Featured Matches

Stevie Richards vs Gregory Helms

Paul Birchill vs Trent Acid

Frankie Kazarian vs Colt Cabana vs Psicosis vs Jimmy Yang

The Sandman vs Snitsky

IPB Image

We start off this ECW Devastation show with a video package highlighting the issues between "The New Breed" and Mick Foley in the last two weeks. Then it plays up the match between Matt Hardy and Mick Foley set for Saturday Night!

Overall Rating: 80%

Frankie Kazarian vs Psicosis vs Jimmy Yang vs Colt Cabana

(Four-Way Dance)

This was another exciting match between the young high flyers in ECW. They all hit high impact manuevers in the match but this one comes to an end as Kazarian and Psicosis go to the outside via a clothesline over the top rope and Colt Cabana hits his "Colt 45" finisher on Jimmy Yang and gets the pinfall victory over Yang!

(Winner: Colt Cabana)

Overall Rating: 69%

Crowd Reaction: 57%

Match Quality: 81%

Paul Birchill vs Trent Acid

This was a very solid match between two more young guys in ECW. Birchill controlled most of the match though and in the end took Acid down with the C4 (Backflip Rock Bottom) and gets the pinfall on Acid but as the pin was happening. Mikey Whipwreck comes running down to the ring and as Birchill gets up he catches a Whippersnapper from Mikey whom leaves Birchill laying as we go to commercial break.

A Video begins to play of Kurt Angle's first couple weeks in ECW and his issues with the newly debuted Chris Jericho. Then it finishes up with a still of a pissed off Kurt Angle which likely is symbolism!

Overall Rating: 96%

Stevie Richards vs Gregory Helms

This was an ok match but Helms heart wasn't in the match and it wound up being a flat match which ended with Richards hitting a Stevie Kick to pickup the victory via pinfall!

(Winner: Stevie Richards)

Match Quality: 75%

The Sandman vs Snitsky

This was the main event of the evening and wasn't a good wrestling match but both men beat the hell out of each other with weapons. Snitsky floored Sandman a couple times with weapon shots but eventully Sandman got the victory with a vicious Russian Legsweep with his Singapore Cane! Sandman celebrates as ECW Devastation goes off the air for this week!

(Winner: The Sandman)

Crowd Reaction: 66%

Match Quality: 66%

Show Rating: 73%

IPB Image

Tonight is a huge night for Matt Hardy and his career in ECW as he will go one on one with the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley! Hardy claims his cohorts, Kendrick & London won't get involved but nothing is guarenteed beyond the fact these two men will go to war tonight!

Paul Heyman has announced that after watching for the last couple weeks. He will have a match tonight for the vacant ECW Television Title!

Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Rhino. These four men will fight to a one fall to a finish for the Championship.

Rob Van Dam will have to once again defend his ECW World Championship. Tonight he will defend against one of the Old Guard in ECW. Masato Tanaka!

Featured Matches

Mick Foley vs Matt Hardy

Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Rhino (Four-Way Dance for the ECW Television Title)

Rob Van Dam vs Masato Tanaka (ECW Heavyweight Title Match)

IPB Image

We kick off Extreme TV just like the first two weeks with a ever growing video package of the past week's events and then once it concludes we come into the arena with the broadcast. The crowd is loud tonight with at the least three big matches set to go down!

Matt Hardy's music hits and the crowd peppers him with boo's as he makes his way out to the ring with his stable along side. The crowd lets all three of them have it as they come down to the ring and once in the ring Hardy grabs a microphone and begins to talk about his opponent tonight

Matt Hardy: So tonight i'm going to be faced the "Legend" of hardcore wrestling. Perhaps as one could say, the Legend of ECW. I really spit in the face of this so called Legend. Foley is a big pop whore whom shows up to collect a check and who's passion took a passenger seat a long time ago. He doesn't have the actual guts to fight and give everything for a Championship now. He's gotten complacent. Why do I attack Foley? Because i'm NOT Complacent! I Have everything to strive and fight for. I Want Championships, I want to become a Legend in this business and ECW. I Decided as well as Kendrick and London that we're going to make our names at Foley's expense. His legacy will be our springboard to becoming Stars. It will catapault us into Title scenes and big level matches in this company. After tonight all there is to do is go beat RVD for the ECW World Title!

Laughter comes over the P.A system and Mick Foley's music hits as he comes walking out with an amused look on his face. He has a microphone in hand and makes his way down to the ring but doesn't actually get into the ring. He speaks back to rebutt Hardy.

Mick Foley: Matt, your so foolish it's very funny quite honestly. You think because i've been around a long time. That my passion is gone, that i've sold out for a paycheck. That I don't want that brass ring anymore because i've already had it so it's no big deal. You think you can make your names at my expense. Well you are SORELY mistaken kids. I was fighting in Japanese Deathmatches when you were wet behind the ears in your careers. I was being thrown off and through Cells when you were just wrestling dark matches. I was innovating when you were opening! So don't you dare think your going to make your names and your careers on me. Because tonight Matt Hardy i'm going to show you what it means to get into the ring with me in a Extreme setting. I've gone through Barbed Wire wars, Tack filled falls and Blazing Tables. You will get a taste of this tonight kid!

Matt Hardy: Don't think for a second that your better than me Old Man. I've surpassed you in your old age and once this match is over tonight you'll need a walker to get back down that aisle to the ring and the only thing left for you to do will be give your retirement speech for the ninth time!

We go to commercial break with these two staring each other down intensely!

Overall Rating: 81%

Paul Birchill vs Mikey Whipwreck

This matchup once again had the crowd boo'ing the hell out of Birchill and Mikey getting a majority of the cheers but this time it looked like Whipwreck might actually win until Birchill hit a cheap low blow on Whipwreck and then hit a sudden C4 (Backflip Rock Bottom) to steal a cheap victory on Whipwreck and Birchill gets out of dodge before Whipwreck can recover from the loss

Crowd Reaction: 73%

Doring & Roadkill vs MNM vs London & Kendrick

(Three Way Dance Tag Team Match)

This was another match to highlight the pretty strong tag division that ECW is boasting. Doring and Roadkill played the strong team in this match with MNM playing off the cocky heels with London & Kendrick hitting some exciting high flying manuevers but playing off their ego's in the match as well. The ending came when MNM get knocked off the ring apron and taken out by Kendrick & London and Roadkill receives the same treatment. Doring grabs Kendrick and goes for a Powerbomb but London hits a vicious superkick and it staggers him. Kendrick then hits the Sliced Bread #2 which sets Doring up perfectly for the London Star Press which London hits beautifully for the three count to give his team the win!

(Winners: London & Kendrick)

Overall Rating: 74%

Match Quality: 80%

We cut backstage after the commercial break with Mick Foley getting ready in a hall backstage when out of nowhere Paul London and Sean O'Haire come running up with weapons and proceed to beat the utter hell out of Foley until they feel accomplished in the attack and they wish him luck later on tonight!

Overall Rating: 78%

Lance Storm vs Sabu

This was somewhat of a filler match between two of ECW's Old Guard but they threw down a pretty entertaining match. It ended when Lance went for a Superkick but Sabu ducked it and dropped Storm with a big time DDT and then grabbed his chair off the mat which had been used in the match and hits a big Atomic Arabian Facebuster on Storm to pickup the pinfall victory!

(Winner: Sabu)

Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Rhino

(Four-Way Dance ECW Television Title Match)

Rhino is the first man to the ring to a pretty decent reaction and after him Mysterio's music hits and he gets another alright reaction and then once he's in the ring as well. Chris Jericho's music hits and he gets crazy heel heat from the crowd for the past two weeks actions. He poses for the crowd and then makes his way down to the ring. Jericho climbs into the ring and then we await the entrance of Kurt Angle. His music hits and the crowd gives him a big time face pop as he comes stalking out of the back and his eyes are locked just on Jericho. Angle stomps down to the ring and climbs inside as the bell sounds. Angle goes right after Jericho with a fury. Angle's head is bandaged up after his meeting with a windshield last week. Those two pair off and Mysterio pairs off with Rhino. The match goes on like this for a while and each man gets their share of opportunities to win the match. Jericho hits the Lionsault on Mysterio during the match for a two count before Rhino broke it up. Angle hit the Angle Slam on Rhino but Jericho broke up the pin at two. Mysterio hit his Springboard Legdrop on Rhino for a long two count.

Rhino hit a Gutwrench Powerbomb on Jericho and Mysterio broke that up at two and a half. Rhino winds up clotheslining Mysterio over the top rope and then climbing onto the apron to hit a Frog Splash off the apron onto Mysterio but Jericho runs over and jumps off the ropes to hit his Springboard Dropkick into the unsuspecting back of Rhino which drives him into the metal rail by ringside which takes him out. Jericho isn't even able to get back to his feet without Angle getting up behind him and snatching up his Ankle into the Anklelock and pulling him to the center of the ring! Jericho is screaming in pain as Angle grapevines the submission and Jericho refuses to tap for the longest time until Mysterio is just getting back into the ring and he finally can't hold out and taps out to Angle!!! Angle is handed the ECW Television Title and he celebrates with it into the crowd which seems to be embracing him more with each passing week!

(Winner and NEW ECW Television Champion: Kurt Angle)

Overall Rating: 88%

Crowd Reaction: 89%

Match Quality: 86%

We're backstage where Sandman is drinking out back of the arena with a sixpack and his Singapore Cane in hand when suddenly from behind The Messiah comes walking up and taps Sandman on the shoulder and introduces himself with a frying pan across the face of Sandman. Messiah then picks up Sandman's cane and proceeds to beat his unconcious body with it and spits down onto Sandman, telling him that he knows nothing about hardcore.

Matt Hardy vs Mick Foley

This match was built up to be something that would be epic but Hardy pulled the wool over our eyes in this one because apparently he had recruited Sean O'Haire to be the newest member of his group because Hardy came strolling out from the back to huge boo's from the crowd and climbed into the ring cockily. He stood there waiting as Foley's music hit once and he didn't come out. It hit again and Foley finally came out, being drug by Sean O'Haire. O'Haire winds up picking Foley onto his shoulders and rolling him into the ring. The bell sounds and Hardy starts calling for his finisher and picks Foley up and hits a Huge Side Effect on Foley and covers him..1...2.....3!!! Matt Hardy has just raped Mick Foley of this victory and...oh my god when Foley gets his hands on Hardy. I can only pray he has insurance.

(Winner: Matt Hardy)

Overall Rating: 88%

Crowd Reaction: 94%

Rob Van Dam vs Masato Tanaka

This match had alot to follow from the heat of the last two matches. The crowd was incredibly hot for both matches though the previous one let them down hard. So this match left something to be desired crowd wise. The fans still gave RVD his big pops but Tanaka didn't get a big reaction either way. RVD controlled much of the match and winds up picking up the victory and retaining his title with a Vandaminator to Tanaka's face to gain the pinfall and win the match. After the match though Chris Benoit comes running down to the ring and attacks RVD. Both men begin to brawl out of the ring and into the stands. Security is trying to seperate them but they fight off into the bowels of the building and finally they get seperated after Benoit German Suplexes RVD into a concrete wall!!! Oh my God! ECW TV Goes off the air with a view of the fallen ECW Champion!

(Winner and STILL ECW Heavyweight Champion: Rob Van Dam)

Crowd Reaction: 59%

Show Rating: 77%

IPB Image

"The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Dam vs "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

ECW Heavyweight Championship Match

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho

ECW Television Title Match

Matt Hardy vs Mick Foley

Steel Cage Match

Paul Birchill vs Mikey Whipwreck

MNM vs London & Kendrick

ECW Tag Team Championship Match

Rhino vs Sean O'Haire

The Sandman vs The Messiah

Cane Match

Sabu vs Super Dragon

The winner of this month's PPV Prediction contest gets to pick a future ECW Champion. Here's the big tie-breaker questions in case there are ties.

1) How many will bleed at Heatwave

2) How many will go through Tables at Heatwave

FINAL CARD

It's two and a half weeks (5 Shows) Until the first PPV of the new ECW era. I'm not completely sure if i'm pulling ECW off right but hopefully it's coming across pretty well. I'm going to be busy most of this weekend so I might get one or two more shows in before I have to get going but then it'll be a few days until the next update.

The only major hint I will throw out involving future storylines is that ECW will not be stealing "The Dudleys" or Christian Cage or really any "Major" Stars from TNA. Maybe from WWE but not from TNA.

Guest mr_raw_13

im loving this diary m8 it fucking awsome...and i can say fucking coz its ECW lol. anyway i love the direction your heading this new ECW. roster is gr8...show write ups is great. Heat Wave looks a damn good show. you got a reader buddy! i also love the frequent updates to :):D

IPB Image

Devastation has a big main event set this week where The Messiah will go one on one against Masato Tanaka. Will Sandman make his presence felt after Messiah's attack last week? Did the Youngster get the Resident Psycho of ECW's attention?

In three way action it will be Paul London vs Lance Storm vs the Debuting Puma from New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Also in Tag Team action it will be the FBI taking on Danny Doring and Roadkill!

IPB Image

We don't get the opening promo video that is shown for the normal ECW TV show. We get right into the action as the FBI Theme hits!

Doring & Roadkill vs The F.B.I

Nunzio and Tony Mamaluke come walking out from the entryway and down to the ring to boo's from the crowd. They climb into the ring and then Doring and Roadkill's music hits and they come down to the ring and we have ourselves a pretty good tag team match. Unfortunately the crowd was not very into this match despite the fact it was a very well worked match. The end came when Doring hit the "Buggy Bang" on Nunzio to get the pinfall for the victory!

(Winners: Doring & Roadkill)

Overall Rating: 67%

Crowd Reaction: 54%

A Video plays as we go to commercial break highlighting the upcoming Television Title Match at Heatwave between Kurt Angle defending against Chris Jericho. It is a very good package and the crowd eats it up!

Overall Rating: 97%

B-Boy vs CM Punk

This was a pretty rough match and while the crowd wasn't into this one either. It was again a well worked match. B-Boy put on a pretty good performance and nearly won with a Brainbuster onto a Trash Can. CM Punk kicked out though and winds up getting the win with a Pepsi Plunge onto a Steel Chair to gain the pinfall and victory!

(Winner: CM Punk)

Overall Rating: 60%

Crowd Reaction: 36%

Match Quality: 85%

A video package plays up the history of Rob Van Dam in ECW and his accolades. It's a pretty good video and the crowd again enjoys the video work!

Overall Rating: 75%

The Messiah vs Masato Tanaka

This was an absolutely brutal match between The Messiah and Tanaka. Back and forth with hard chops, stiff punches and impactful suplexes on top of the vicious weapon shots that they deliver to each other. The Messiah hits the "Fall from Grace" on Tanaka late in the match to an open chair to finish off Tanaka and gain the pinfall for the win but then..SANDMAN HITS THE RING! Sandman begins beating the hell out of Messiah with his Singapore Cane and hits the White Russian Legsweep (Legsweep with Singapore Cane) to Messiah and leaves him down in the ring. Sandman celebrates with Beers into the crowd and smashing them into his head and we take a final commercial break!

(Winner: The Messiah)

Match Quality: 85%

Paul London vs Lance Storm vs Puma

(3 Way Dance)

This was a very good match once again though the crowd for like the umpteenth time of the night wasn't into the match. It was a very good match though and all three guys showed their talents. Puma got the biggest reactions with his spider-manesque grabbing of the ropes when he was thrown into them and clinging to the middle and top rope as well as his perfect chain wrestling. The ending comes though when Storm hits a Superkick on Puma sending him to the outside and he turned back around into a big DDT From London who then climbed to the top rope and hit the London Star Press and gained the pinfall over Storm as the show came to it's end!

(Winner: Paul London)

Overall Rating: 68%

Crowd Reaction: 55%

Overall Rating: 73%

IPB Image

Havoc will reign tonight as Mick Foley has been on a rampage to get his hands on the New Breed. Tonight he will be given a shot to fight Sean O'Haire in a match. But is that the only New Breed member that Foley will get his hands on tonight?

Kurt Angle will defend his ECW Television Title against former ECW Heavyweight Champion, Justin Credible.

Chris Jericho will take on New Breed leader Matt Hardy!

All this and much more tonight on Extreme TV!

Featured Matches

Mick Foley vs Sean O'Haire

Kurt Angle vs Justin Credible (ECW Television Title Match)

Chris Jericho vs Matt Hardy