Extreme Championship Wrestling 2006

LK.

Guest Gavin

Good Show again, I love CM Punk, so I think it's great your giving him a push. I also like Balls, so I'm not happy that Masat beat him, but that's life.

It's leaves a cliffhanger to see who attacked Trinity backstage, I really have no clue where to start.

I'm still not sure whether I like Cena on ECW all the time or not, I know it's happening in real life, but I'm still not sure.

Good Show, can't wait until the next.

Nice enough show. The opening match was basically filler, but the angle with CM Punk was great. ECW is the perfect environment for CM Punk to work the Straight Edge gimmick, and he's done amazing so far. I for one, am incredibly happy to see Dreamer and CW's feud re-ignited, as I loved it in your 2001 diary, and I would do this myself. CM Punk is slowly becoming a great heel in the company with just two promos already. The Trinity bit was nice, because we all know it was Fertig The Vampire. Crazy cook. Angle wins, but thankfully doesn't completely squash Credible, which is great for JC. I liked the ending of Sabu/Cena with RVD getting him some of Cena, and nice to see Cena playing a role in the new ECW for now.

All in all, solid show, and keep up the good work!

I love the diary at the moment. I like how you're able to compromise everything that's laid out in front of you, with the fact that this is ECW as a WWE brand and as a show on Sci-Fi. Your build-up of Cena vs. RVD has been fantastic as John looks more like an enemy to ECW rather than this superhero coming to end ECW's reign of terror as we sure this week on Raw. I can't see Cena winning the title next week though. CM Punk is being pushed realistically, starting out as a heel midcarder instead of the Jesus push people love to give him at times. You're pushing Big Show and Kurt Angle which is the right thing considering its a WWE brand, and the vampire thing so far is coming across as a lot more adult than last week real-life ECW on Sci-Fi where the science fiction seemed a bit too cartoony for me. Great job so far - but you'll never reach greatness without having The Zombie in the federation as the champ. :P

I didn't like this show as much as your first. The Punk bit was great, better than the first week's, I thought. CW Anderson attacking Dreamer/Coming to Punk's aid is very interesting too.

The Balls/Tanaka match was good, assuming you want to use Tanaka as a full-time character and he needed to redeem himself.

The Trinity attack bit, i'm not sure on. Mostly for sentimental reasons, the angle was great, but I just wish it was somebody else getting put in this vampire story. Oh well.

Justin Credible vs. Angle doesn't work for me. I know not everything can mirror real life, but even as someone who watched ECW, I can't take Credible giving any real fight to Angle seriously. An offense, okay, that works; but for someone generally regarded by WWE fans as a jobber to even hit the superkick on Angle is questionable.

The Big Show/Balls Mahoney/Sandman vs. FBI match seems super unfair to the FBI, but if they were to give a good fight to those three, it wouldn't instantly elevate their status.

Cena vs. Sabu was nice, and everything that happened in it was pretty necessary. I liked that bit.

One bit of criticism I left out, your Paul still seems really off. It may be small, but him calling ECW talents "superstars" really irks me.

Edited by That One Guy

I didn't like this show as much as your first. The Punk bit was great, better than the first week's, I thought. CW Anderson attacking Dreamer/Coming to Punk's aid is very interesting too.

The Balls/Tanaka match was good, assuming you want to use Tanaka as a full-time character and he needed to redeem himself.

The Trinity attack bit, i'm not sure on. Mostly for sentimental reasons, the angle was great, but I just wish it was somebody else getting put in this vampire story. Oh well.

Justin Credible vs. Angle doesn't work for me. I know not everything can mirror real life, but even as someone who watched ECW, I can't take Credible giving any real fight to Angle seriously. An offense, okay, that works; but for someone generally regarded by WWE fans as a jobber to even hit the superkick on Angle is questionable.

The Big Show/Balls Mahoney/Sandman vs. FBI match seems super unfair to the FBI, but if they were to give a good fight to those three, it wouldn't instantly elevate their status.

Cena vs. Sabu was nice, and everything that happened in it was pretty necessary. I liked that bit.

One bit of criticism I left out, your Paul still seems really off. It may be small, but him calling ECW talents "superstars" really irks me.

I will admit, I'm not a fan of Paul E. calling the ECW locker room "superstars" either... but at the same time... if you remember correctly, in 2000-2001, they WERE referred to as "Superstars"... or "Stars".. one of the two... on the ECW website... so I guess it's not too much of a big deal... but if you're going by storylines... he should be calling them "wrestlers" or "rebels"...

I just watched the ECW PPVs from 2000... and whenever they showed their promo videos for their website, the menu definately said "SUPERSTARS"...sooo they DID refer to them as that. Just thought I'd let ya know, since I watched them since my initial post.

• 8 months later...