Star Wars Books

TMM

Was on the Star Wars website and I came across this:

Info

20040127_bg.jpg

Never heard of this until now, so I'm wondering what it's like if anyone's read it?

Edited by TMM

I haven't read it, but for $3.50, and considering it's by Zahn, it'll probably be a good read, and even if it isn't, the money's not a lot, is it?

Well I don't actually have to buy it now because I've found that it's included in my copy of Survivor's Quest :D

Hate to double post...ok I actually don't care, just wondering, bar the Timothy Zahn books and any from the New Jedi Order, what are some of the best Star Wars books? I'm looking at the "Episode 4-6" era or after, so including Han, Leia etc...

I've read 'Truce at Bakura', 'Shadows of the Empire' and have the Jedi Academy Trilogy to read (even though I've heard it sucks, but I've got them, might as well read them).

Figos: Soldier for the Empire is mainly the backstory of the characters from Dark Forces, and I think it ends after the Mission to Danuta (the first level of Dark Forces). The other two books do cover Jedi Knight.

As for good Star Wars novels other than Zahn's Thrawn books (I assume you mean both the first Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn duology as well) I would greatly reccomend Stackpole's X-wing series (Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War & Isard's Revenge). I, Jedi by Stackpole is another great work focusing on Corran Horn's perspective during the events of the Jedi Academy Trilogy (which is an OK book trilogy, not as bad people say.)

I've heard good things about Troy Denning's Tatooine Ghost, and A.C. Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy (which takes place before Episode IV) is another great read.

And to add my own opinion to this thread; has anyone here read the new novel by Allston (you might want to pick up his X-wing novels as well) called Betrayal? I've read it and thoroughly enjoyed it, but has anyone else on these boards other than me read it?

I haven't read it, but couldn't resist the spoilers :(

Oh, and TMM, when you've read the "essential" post-ROTJ books, get a hold of "Vector Prime" and get into the NJO. Opinions on it are mixed, but I thought it rocked. You might also want to read Dark Empire I & II, and Empire's End, which are about the reborn Palpatine and are pretty good.

And Zahn's next book, "Allegiance" isn't far from release if my memory serves me correctly, which will we set between Eps IV and V, and be about Leia, and I think Han and Thrawn.

I haven't read it, but couldn't resist the spoilers :(

Oh, and TMM, when you've read the "essential" post-ROTJ books, get a hold of "Vector Prime" and get into the NJO. Opinions on it are mixed, but I thought it rocked. You might also want to read Dark Empire I & II, and Empire's End, which are about the reborn Palpatine and are pretty good.

And Zahn's next book, "Allegiance" isn't far from release if my memory serves me correctly, which will we set between Eps IV and V, and be about Leia, and I think Han and Thrawn.

Another Zahn book!?! Yay!

The only reason I'm "avoiding" the NJO books is because I want to have an idea what'll be going on by the time I get there!

I'm gonna be getting "I, Jedi" once I finish the "Hand of Thrawn" books, "Survivors Quest", "Outbound Flight" and the "Jedi Academy" trilogy. Lots to get through.

I've read somewhere that the X-Wing books are good, how many are there?

I think there's maybe 8 or 9, but if I'm wrong, it's less than that, not more :P

And get the reborn Palp stuff. Now <_<

Are they the graphic novels? Coz I've got one of them I think...

Does it involve Luke "joining" Palpatine to save everyone?

Edited by TMM

First read your Jedi Academy trilogy (which aren't that bad, but aren't that amazing either), and then read the sequel Darksaber, which I liked a lot more. It has Pellaeon in it, and a Super Star Destroyer going on rampage. Bonus-bonus.

Also, the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy is rather good, although somewhat harder to read than a lot of the others, I found.

And speaking of the X-Wing series, I preferred the later ones from book 5 onwards (which are written by someone else, and centred around the new 'Wraith' squadron rather than Rogue squadron). I think it's in "Iron Fist" (book 6), where you will witness the unique phenomenon of an Ewok fighter pilot. Well, sort of.

Yub yub, commander.

Edited by stokeriño

I think there's maybe 8 or 9, but if I'm wrong, it's less than that, not more :P

And get the reborn Palp stuff. Now <_<

Are they the graphic novels? Coz I've got one of them I think...

Does it involve Luke "joining" Palpatine to save everyone?

How many issues are there in Dark Empire II? Is it 6? Because I'm having a look on eBay and the only ones that're ending soon are all as seperate issues, but I sorta would prefer it in the graphic novel.

What's a good price for Dark Empire II in graphic novel form?

I think Tales from Jabba's Palace is probably my favorite Star Wars book. Even though it's technically about a dozen seperate stories, almost all of them intertwine to form the larger picture of what was going on in Jabba's palace before, during, and after the events in Return of the Jedi.

B'ommar Monks>*

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I started reading some of my Starwars books again and going to go try to get some more star wars books soon. I am going to get the rest of NJO, the rest of X-wing(I lost some and plan on reading them again.) I am going to go get the thrawn series as I heard it was good, and I was looking to read the one in which Luke turns, but from what I am seeing, it is only a comic, so there is no book?