NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chargers did themselves in with a lot of stupid things such as the Drayton Florence headbutt penalty and the 4th down play Hasselhoff mentioned, but the Patriots did get away with a few things that they should have been called on.

Besides the Rivers incident, the last touchdown New England scored, the player pushed off and they didn't call it.

And Marty was clearly signalling for a time out when the Patriots were going to convert yet the refs didn't stop the play or null the conversion and make them do it again after the time out. If someone is signalling a time out before a play goes off, you're supposed to call the time out before the play starts or nullify it, not ignore the time out signal completely.

I expected the Pats to win, anyway, but not because of bad officiating.

I love how the media portrays the Saints as this miracle team like they are GW in the NCAA Tourny. They weren't that bad to begin with, really they weren't, they get Deuce back, sign Brees, and draft Bush. Sure they had some questions about health and so forth, but overall they were a solid team on paper in a tough division.

Methinks a Bears fan is starting to feel the heat, because regardless of what you might think, a 2-14 team one win away from the Superbowl is a miracle on par with Jesus descending from Heaven, walking across the Atlantic Ocean and chilling with Vince McMahon

Would you like to start blaming Katrina now?

The Hurricane, which did cause some distraught with the team as they were personally effect, but come on... a storm doesn't make a team bad or good. They had some problems last year, which started with the disaster, and injuries... they had a magnificent off-season, were a very solid team on paper. I didn't expect them to win the division, but that's only because of the division they play in. No one in their divisoin besides them showed up, and they've capitalized. But their season isn't this miracle underdog team, they are a solid team and have been. Their story is only heart warming because of the city of New Orleans, and what the Saints have meant to them in this time.

But they, the Saints as a team, are not this supreme underdogthat the media made them out to be this season.

So London gets the regular season game, awesome.

The Patriots' defender's contact with Phillip Rivers wasn't deliberate, it didn't look like it to me anyway. The referee made the right call, that being no penalty, in my view.

I think both conference championship games are too close to call. In the AFC you have the Colts at home who have been playing very well in the playoffs against their 'bogey team' in the Patriots who always seem to find a way to victory it seems. In the NFC I would say the Saints are the better overall team but you can't underestimate the homefield advantage, especially when it's in a place like Chicago. The Saints are used to dome football, and it'll be very cold in Chicago where the Bears are used to the conditions. So both games could go either way IMO.